2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Rich, I had seen that Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz" before, but I had never bothered to read everything written on the page. I'm still wiping my eyes from laughing--that thing is great. I want to print it out, but I think you have to have great resolution on your printer to see everything.

Thanks for posting it.

Nancy

Estonia 168
Originally posted by TLuvva:
Chopin's Scherzo No. 2 - still the classical piece that blows me away most. Perfect combination of beautiful melody, and urgent virtuosity!

There's only one lifetime and why is it that I'm not already working on it? Remind me to drop noodling around with anything that isn't one the great pieces that I've always wanted to learn.
It's a tossup for me between Scherzos 1, 2, and 3. I'm going to wait about 5 or 10 years before I even try, just because I don't want to get too frustrated. My repertoire is getting more advanced but these are virtuoso pieces that not many people can rightly claim that they play well.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Donna R...Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini 18th variation." I believe I copied this from the Reader's Digest hard cover piano music book series, this is from the classical book. It is a very beautiful arrangement. Double check me on this if you are interested. I just looked and no references to where the copy came from. Maybe you can go into a music store and check this book to see? If you can read and play intermediate level classical music this will not be difficult for you. If you cannot find this I will get it to you somehow. Let me know. Sandy B

Sandra M. Boletchek 08/02/06
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by TLuvva:
Chopin's Scherzo No. 2 - still the classical piece that blows me away most. Perfect combination of beautiful melody, and urgent virtuosity!

There's only one lifetime and why is it that I'm not already working on it? Remind me to drop noodling around with anything that isn't one the great pieces that I've always wanted to learn.
Hear, hear!

This is the piece that, when I was eight years of age, made me a lifelong Chopin fan. I do intend to learn it - and can play the first three pages or so, but first plan to finalize and polish Op. 47 to which I've already devoted hundreds of hours.

http://www.ecital.net
Wikicital: A collaborative effort to build a knowledgebase of classical music history combined with examples. Your chance to both perform and write...

Don't click here!
R
R
For me, I would like to learn to play Dan Fogelberg's "Paris Nocturne"....it's simply one of his most beautiful pieces.

Rick

Rick
I
I
I agree with the people that said Fantasie Impromptu- Chopin. That would be incredible.

Though, I'd also like to go off the beaten path here, and list a pop song- Philosophy, by Ben Folds, which I WILL learn to play...eventually.

I'm with Saundra - Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue", but I don't think I have enough life left.

Meanwhile, I'll keep working on this bugger of a Bach Invention.........

Steinway B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Look at this 7 year old playing Fantasie (My dream piece). droolllll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKQmoZURbLY&mode=related&search=

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.>>> Herman Munster
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Le Gibet

"There are so many mornings that have not yet dawned." -- Rg Veda
Memphis Stomp from the movie The Firm by Dave Grusin.

Previously known as NorwegianForest a long long time ago right here in this very forum.
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Hi Sandy,

I just saw your post about the transcription of the 18th Variation. Actually, it's the whole thing I'd love to be able to play, with full orchestral backing - but as I said in the original post, dream on! I'm hoping to tackle the 18th variation one day, but I'm not in that class yet. Thank you for the information, though. I always follow the discussions of transcriptions on 'that other forum' with interest, so I shall add this to my growing list of versions I should think about acquiring :.

T
T
Chopin's Etude in E - Not the world's most difficult piece, but I think it will steal the heart of everybody, wouldn't it!

www.free-piano-sheet-music.net Download Free Quality Piano Scores at Free Piano Sheet Music

Guide To Buying Pianos - Cool little $7 ebook on how to buy a piano. Worth checking out! - www.guidetobuyingpianos.com
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Rick Brown:
For me, I would like to learn to play Dan Fogelberg's "Paris Nocturne"....it's simply one of his most beautiful pieces.

Rick
Good choice thumb

Les Koltvedt
Servicing the Greater Atlanta area
www.LKPianos.com
PTG Associate
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I've wanted to play Chopin's Etude Op.10 No.5 since the first time I heard it and my jaw dropped to the floor.

Also, not really a piece, but the piano solo in Skynyrd's version of Call Me the Breeze just blows...me...away! I like JJ Cale's original, but there's no piano solo and I surely don't play guitar! (Oh, but if I did....!)

Tina

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
ddh Offline
I'll have to cheat as well (only one is impossible because of the moods one can be in)

Classical: definitely Chopin Polonaise Héroique op. 53 - this has been my favorite since childhood (and that was long ago) - played effortlessly and "nuancé" like Horowitz laugh

Semi-classical, blues: Gerschwin Rhapsody in Blues

Rock: Jethro Tull - Flying Dutchman, if I can ever find a piano score for it, I will die trying to play it. cool

Years of fun wink
Daniel

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi ddh and welcome to the forums (although I noticed you registered nearly a year ago! wink )
Those are mighty fine choices of yours!

Tina

ddh Offline
Thanks Tina, you're right, first post.
I've been lurking sporadically !

Guess I didn't have something interesting to say wink

Anyhow, glad to be here;

Cheers
Daniel

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by ddh:
Thanks Tina, you're right, first post.
I've been lurking sporadically !

Guess I didn't have something interesting to say wink

Anyhow, glad to be here;

Cheers
Daniel
Daniel,
I bet you have lots of interesting things to say! (I see that you also enjoy kayaking and I could probably talk hours about that, but I reckon that'd be for another forum, haha!)
How long have you been playing? What kind of music do you like to play?

Tina

ddh Offline
Originally posted by TThomas:
Daniel,
I bet you have lots of interesting things to say! (I see that you also enjoy kayaking and I could probably talk hours about that, but I reckon that'd be for another forum, haha!)
How long have you been playing? What kind of music do you like to play?

Tina
Actually, Tina, I started taking lessons one year ago exactly at the ripe age of 55. So, I am still an "Early beginner" as my teacher says. :p
I like quite a variety of music - classical, neo-classical (as David Nevue puts it) , Québec folk songs, rock ballads. Eventually, I might add jazz or blues but it is still out of reach for now.
I am presently working on three pieces:
October, by Toronto pianist Stephan Mocci (check out his website, he wrote for Celine Dion, Sarah Brightman, Randy Bachman and Josh Groben, very good)
Je ferai un jardin (I will grow a garden) by Clémence desrochers and of course, a sonatina by Clementi.

I don't expect to get through these for at least another 3 months.
Then, I might take on a piece by Greg Maroney or David Nevue. I'm staying with slow paced music for a while.

I know... I am getting in over my head but... I think I learn better with a challenge.

What about You ?

Daniel

The bumble bee. In many years probably.

Kawai K50
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission