2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 4 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Well, as much as I like potato chips, I would never eat or drink near my piano. Sometimes when I get up early in the morning and play my grand piano I will set my coffee cup on a coffee table near the piano. If I want a drink of coffee, I will get up and go to the coffee table and take a sip and go sit back down on the piano bench. My grand piano is near and dear to my heart and I don’t want to get crumbs or liquids down into the action or soundboard.

You can look at me and tell that I am not missing any meals or snacks due to playing my piano. laugh

Take care,

Rickster

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
In the early morning (5:00 or so) I will bring my second cup of coffee to the piano, where it sits on the nearby 'drink stand' and gets forgotten. In the afternoon or evening, this would be Diet Coke, that likewise gets forgotten - unless I get stopped for some other reason, at which time I might take a swig if I remember (or notice) the drink is there. If I'm hungry when practicing, I ignore it and it goes away - after all, I'm busy! I can't be bothered with food when I'm trying to work. On the other hand, if the cats are hungry they make sure I take care of it before I can practice in peace.

SantaFe_Player
Heels down, and tickle the bit.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Macadamia nuts are my favorite snack, and a nice little "reward" for practicing or working. Any kind of nuts actually will do...hmmm, they say you are what you eat. laugh :p

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I used to nibble on shredded wheat or peanuts but since I got my Steinway, I've imposed a no eating rule on myself. "He's" just to precious to me to mess up with crumbs or spills.

Best regards,

Deborah
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gooddog:
I used to nibble on shredded wheat or peanuts but since I got my Steinway, I've imposed a no eating rule on myself. "He's" just to precious to me to mess up with crumbs or spills.
Funny - I thought pianos, like ships, are "shes" (but maybe that depends on the shape of the legs wink :p ).

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by John Frank:
Originally posted by gooddog:
[b] I used to nibble on shredded wheat or peanuts but since I got my Steinway, I've imposed a no eating rule on myself. "He's" just to precious to me to mess up with crumbs or spills.
Funny - I thought pianos, like ships, are "shes" (but maybe that depends on the shape of the legs wink :p ).

Regards, JF [/b]
There is no question that my "O" is male - because of his deep, resonating bass.

Best regards,

Deborah
Bar-B-Que chicken wings, plates of spaghetti, french fries with lotsa ketchup, Kentucky Fried Chicken...Just kidding wink

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I wouldn't think of it. I really should get up more often to at least get a drink, but I don't even do that unless I needed a stretch.

But, who's to say that away from the keyboards and pianos that we can't endulge, especially on a day such as today. 3hearts
Sweet Potato Pie , made from scratch today.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Key Notes smile

Music speaks where words fails.
I made a special trip to town an bought myself one of those little fern stands. I put it right beside my piano bench. It is the perfect (and safe) place for my mornng coffee and my evening glass of wine.

[Linked Image]

You can own a Chickering, Christifori, or Steinway, but if you can't play it.... It is just a piece of eye candy.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Ivory Dreams:
I made a special trip to town an bought myself one of those little fern stands. I put it right beside my piano bench. It is the perfect (and safe) place for my mornng coffee and my evening glass of wine.
Nice idea Ivory Dreams. smile

Music speaks where words fails.
A nice aged red, gets you in that "classical" mood wink

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Mr.T:
A nice aged red, gets you in that "classical" mood wink
Are you talking about a fine vintage wine or a succulent beef pot roast? confused :p

Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission