2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Opus45 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
O
To All who post & read in the ABF.

After writing to both Phlebas and Frank (PW Owner) a couple weeks ago, offering to help get rid of the forum menace, I was asked to consider applying to help Phlebas in the role of Co-Moderator.

I declined because I felt I haven't been a member of this forum long enough. And frankly, the only thing that would interest me in this regard would be the ability to quickly "zap delete" blatant, offensive, vile posts.

If anyone else would like to step up in that role, you would have my support, and I have the impression Phlebas and Frank would appreciate the help.

If no one else is interested, and if enough folks think I should consider this, I will consider it.

Jeff
[Linked Image]
Opus45, I think you'd be a great co-moderator.

Have a nice day
Perhaps Frank could enlighten us as to his expectations for an additional moderator. I can think of multiple people that would be great as moderators here. I also imagine he could take his pick of potential candidates who would be willing to step up and share this role.

I hear the pay scale is pretty steep too.

Dean
Oh please, don't delete the vile and offensive posts until I have had a chance to read them smile

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
opus:

Obviously, that sick perverted freak has reared his chicken sh*t head again!

His comments don't even bother me as he is such a weak person that he has to hide behind such ridiculous comments that only make him look like more of a sick idiot.

I would only hope to not only meet this freak, but to bring along a video camera to film the beating he would receive from me!!, but, of course, he is to chicken to disclose himself or location to anyone (a real hero right??)

So, now we are left with a sorry little freak whom derives his sick pleasure by degrading anyone he can. One has to wonder what kind of a sick person this really is for him to obtain pleasure in this.

Personally, I fully support your idea of co-moderators; but am dissapointed at the same time that we even need this!!

Co-moderators will help, however, until this sick person is traced and tracked down, he will just keep signing up and launching more verbal attacks as this is how an untreated-sick mind seems to work.

I think the best moderator is someone who frequents this forum often and has the authority and ability to solve these issues very quickly.

I would support yourself as a candidate, but also, someone who can be trusted and visits the forum often such as Monica, Bob Muir, etc.

Either way, there has just got to be a way to trace this freaks identity and possibly prosecute him should it be proven that his behavior is causing harm to the Piano World site.

This is just such a shame that this behavior has reared its ugly head once again.

first of all nice piano S-H.

For real this troll has to go,
i havent seen such a level of stupidity since i was in kindergarden.
moderators are a good idea, but yes, unfortunate that one person with no ambition in life should come in here and trash talk.

G
G
I want to co-moderate!! No, really!

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I'd be willing as well though I may not be on often enought to do that much good.

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
Troll? Where? Aw, did I miss out on all the controversy here? Shucks. Do fill me in on the latest. smile

BTW I support anyone who volunteers to co-moderate. It's not an easy task, and seems like a thankless job sometimes. A big thumbs-up to all the current and future mods! thumb

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Opus45:
the ability to quickly "zap delete" blatant, offensive, vile posts.
If you want to consider it, then consider it. I just want you to feel good about your decision, and not to feel pressured into anything. frown

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I also sent Phlebas a PM volunteering to co-moderate, and I think maybe a few co-moderators might be good. Frycek, you're on here a lot, I'd vote for you. smile

In the meantime, remember, don't feed the trolls. The best response is no response.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Normally, I wouldn't be butting into this , but something changed........tonite

I read an offensive comment written on one of todays thread that was about the poor lady whose daughter is missing, and it really got me upset, somebody needs to have the power to delete these posts from these sick individuals.
Edit:Opus I think you would be a great co-moderator, but do you have the time?

mad PWF is not the place for this kind of behavior.

Make music not war
tm3 Offline
there are a lot of folks here who could do a great job as co-mods.

from a "policing" standpoint, it might be best to have the mods distributed across different time zones.

O
Opus45 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
O
Hello one and all,

It seems as though we have caring people all the way around the globe.
My heart is full.
Mr. S-H, you're right, the need is a shame.

How very sad....the little troll wants so much to offend us, and we want so much for him to just go away.

Very Sad.

Jeff
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I think I may have missed the post....however, I support any of you that have volunteered for such a thankless job. Thankfully, we rarely need moderating, however, some things will probably always pop up from time to time.

Edit: Just saw why this post was started....sigh....there used to be mental health hospital here that had this slogan "Please, if you don't get help at Charter, get help somewhere"

When I reach the place I'm going, I will surely know my way.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I know that NOT responding to a sick troll is the obvious best-mature action to take; however, this sick freak publically laughing at a women who's daughter is missing is VERY disturbing.

I could possibly see that this warped person is just a kid who has'nt grown up yet, however, this situation with Irish-mak is real. This is NOT a joke. If someone cannot make that distinction, they are very, very disturbed.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

I think having co-moderators is a great idea, and I think everybody who has expressed a willingness to date would do a wonderful job. Heck, sign them ALL up! Opus45, please don't let your relatively high member number deter you. What matters most is a willingness to do the monitoring and common sense, both of which you seem to possess in abundance. And I'm in agreement with you that the primary need for additional moderating is only in dealing with offensive trolls...we seem to do a pretty good job of moderating ourselves and avoiding flame wars (most of the time wink ). And tm3's idea of having moderator coverage across time zones is a great one.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'd be happy to help zap the knucklehead.

I'll have to give some thought to whether I would charge a reasonable fee or an outrageous fee.

Hmmm. First I'd have everyone paint the town red. Then we'd have a picnic and invite all the jerks.

Skreeeeeek (on the blackboard) I catch the jerk, I'll clean him and fry him for you too, but it won't be cheap. I saw one eat a rockin' chair once.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
O
Opus45 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
O
(you would not believe the number of folks who have emailed me wanting to help co-moderate)

It is heart warming!

Jeff
[Linked Image]

Originally posted by Copper:
Skreeeeeek (on the blackboard) I catch the jerk, I'll clean him and fry him for you too, but it won't be cheap. I saw one eat a rockin' chair once.

[Linked Image]
It took me a couple of minutes to catch your Quint reference, copper, but once I did, my hat's off to you!

Love that logo, too.

Maybe this could be the first forum to have ALL the members be moderators except one... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission