2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, 4 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1001181 12/20/08 03:52 AM
Smaybe Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been learning a song called, "The Lighthouse". The composer is annonomous. I have been trying to find a recording of it, but haven't had any luck. Has anybody played this song before? My teacher hasn't been able to find one either.

Funny how the things you need will find you. The things you want will leave you wanting some more.
Everything that comes along reminds you. You can either rise above or you can hit the floor
#1001182 12/20/08 09:28 AM
B
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
B
Is it a popular song since 1900, or is it sacred hymn? I am familiar with "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" aka "Lights Along the Shore" from the then Methodist hymnal in the 1940's and 1950's. There was a radio show on WNLC by the Methodist minister, Dr. Oliver William Bell, and this was the theme song. Lighthouses, Coast Guard, Navy have a big presence in New London, Connecticut, and throughout Long Island Sound.

Do you happen to love lighthouses as I do?

#1001183 12/21/08 08:40 PM
Smaybe Offline OP
OP Offline
It's a song that has been written in the last year or so I think. It's not a hymn.

I like lighthouses. I haven't really had much exposure to them, but I like them.

I would really like to find a recording to the song.

Funny how the things you need will find you. The things you want will leave you wanting some more.
Everything that comes along reminds you. You can either rise above or you can hit the floor
#1001184 12/21/08 09:14 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Smaybe:
I have been learning a song called, "The Lighthouse". The composer is annonomous. I have been trying to find a recording of it, but haven't had any luck. Has anybody played this song before? My teacher hasn't been able to find one either.
Well, I don't know as I've not heard the actual song you're looking for but a review of an album just went up on a website called Piano-Heaven. The address of that review is:

Piano-Heaven review of an album named "The Lighthouse"

There is a track on the album named "The Lighthouse" so maybe that is it? The composer of that album is Andrew J. Ross.

His myspace is here: Andrew J. Ross on MySpace

Finally, there is a clip of the audio on the cdbaby page for the album. The Lighthouse album page on cdbaby.com

If that isn't it then you can strike one "Lighthouse" off the list, and if it is then I'll accept your kind thanks in advance. smile

Of course, additional thanks would then go out to Stephen who maintains the piano-heaven website.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
#1001185 12/24/08 01:25 AM
Smaybe Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Anthony B, thanks for all the effort in trying to find the song. Unfortunetly, that was not it. I would think there has to be a copy of it out there somewhere right? My teacher made me a rough copy of part of the song, but I really want a full copy.

Thanks again for your attempt to find the song.

Sarah

#1001186 12/24/08 01:26 PM
You didn't say if it was slow/fast or give any description at all so I'm not sure what type of music category it would even fall into but I found a piano cover of "The Lighthouse" by Hush Sound on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVNx0NoD5rw

Sorry if it's not the one you are looking for, just thought I'd try and help smile

#1001187 12/25/08 01:04 AM
Smaybe Offline OP
OP Offline
Timeturner - Thanks for giving it a try. It's not the one though.

The song is a faster song. The begining part is kind of like a wave feeling. It goes quite then louder....like if you saw the light of the lighthouse, and has it goes around it gets louder, then when you see the light it's quiter. There are several measures, with this kind of feel to it. I don't know if that helps or not, but that is the picture I get in my head when I play that part.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Sarah

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission