2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
33 members (Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,240 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
John Frank,

You obviously seem to have some uncontrollable obsession with me for some reason by the amount of times you mentioned my name in the post above.

If you have some private thing going on with another member that I/we don't fully understand, maybe you guys should get a room somewhere and continue your private discussions but to try and instigate a fight on the recital replies is just pathetic. This simply is not the place for this.

How about showing just a hint of tact and P.M me if you really need to.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Mr. SH - this is really getting tedious, both for me and I'm sure for other Forum members who inadvertently come upon these irrational posts of yours. I'll try once more to explain it all to you (although I don't hold out much hope for "getting through" to you). There's an old saying that applies here about "quitting while you're behind" that you might want to take to heart.

First, I don't have an obsession with you - uncontrollable or otherwise. As far as I can remember this is the first time we've actually exchanged posts directly. And mentioning your name 3 times in a rather long post hardly constitutes obsession either. I've enjoyed many of your posts in the past and your Recital pieces, but certainly didn't obsessively "hang on your every word".

Second, I wasn't trying to instigate a fight with you (it actually seems like the other way around) but was merely trying to straighten you out (and perhaps chastize you mildly and deservedly) when you jumped into the middle of a long series of light-hearted, kidding, amusing and pleasant post exchanges between me and another member, completely misunderstood the situation and then offered your own smart-assed, nasty little appraisal based on your complete lack of knowledge about the dialog that was going on between us for some time in various threads. There's another old saying that applies here at this point and that's the one that talks about "putting your brain in gear before putting you mouth in motion" which you also might want to keep in mind.

The bottom line: I was going along "minding my own business" posting away, you "butted in", you didn't "get it", you were "out of line" and "off base" with your terse and unhelpful comments, I "called" you on your rudeness and "put you in your place".

And now you're compounding your insulting behavior by (1) accusing me of being "obsessed"; (2) trying to "pick a fight" with you, and (3) insinuating that a series of hunmerous post exchanges between two members constitutes some sort of overt sexual tension between us that requires a room for it's final consummation (for which you might owe the other member in question an apology).

And then you want me to be "tactful"!? Good Grief!

Hopefully you now get it. So, let's just let it go and move on (before you say something else you'll later regret).

With no more to say about this, no PMs to send and Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
John Frank,...

1st of all, mr_super-hunky didn't instigate anything. For examples of insulting behavior, look into your own previous post. Posting stuff like "Otherwise, he would simply seem to be inexplicably small-minded and mean-spirited - and I'm sure he wouldn't want to appear as such. But it might be too late." serves no purpose but to take jabs at somebody without provocation. I guess in your world, slapping a person across the face (verbally or otherwise) automatically meets with a nod & a smile. In real-life things are very different. You might want to take that into consideration before acting appalled at somebody's reaction to your insulting remarks.

2nd of all, this is a *public* forum. Maybe you should learn the difference between the terms "public" & "private" before jumping down somebody's throat for "butting in." Allow me to link you to www.dictionary.com so you can further educate yourself about this. If you don't want anybody to see your posts or add their 2 cents' worth in the conversation, take it to PM (the "P" stands for "private," FYI)... just as MrSH suggested. Oh, the horror!

Finally, I run my own msg board aimed at guitarists, another faction of the music field. If one of its members were to get his panties in a knot over something so insanely trivial, I'd tell him to perhaps go somewhere else as clearly, a forum filled with mature adults isn't for him.

Maybe you'd like to add "Grow a thicker skin" on your list of life lessons from Kindergarden. Ranting & raving like an overcaffeinated child is only making you look bad. To be blunt, you're making a rear-end of yourself right now. I'd suggest deleting your posts, unless you enjoy the taste of your feet in your mouth.

If anybody's been irrational it's you. I actually shook my head in total disbelief after reading your post.

With entirely discouraged regards, Strat.

Started playing in mid-June 2007. Self-taught... for now. :p
G
G
First, thanks again to the organizers. Second, I am really impressed by the quality of the playing. I am especially impressed by some of the short timers - True Beginner's playing and Polostrings compositions. Very inspiring. Third, I listened to eveyone, but my comments may be on the short side.

Finally, apparently I'm a Manndrew groupie. My favorite last recital was Manndrew's Long and Window Road version. This time, I listened to all the pieces and and decided Crazy was my favorite, despite not really liking this classic tune. I then went to look to see who played it and saw Manndrew. So, I'm officially a groupie, I guess.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor
Good job. Gives me something to look forward to in Alfred 3.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto
Nice playing.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche
I enjoyed this very much.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark
That is a really nice job of improvisation.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13
Well done.

06. Laura D - Tarantella
Wow. How do you develop that speed?

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations (to do)
Amazing

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford
You made it sound so effortless.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)
Loved the soft touch toward the end. You have me looking forward to this as I go through Alfred 2.

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers )
Please change your name to Talented Beginner. Very nice. I'm starting not to believe the "only 6 months" playing. :-)

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3
Well done.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World
Very cool

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin
Dreamy. Very Nice.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme
That was funny. Nice job.

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II
Excellent

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor
well done

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor
Nice touch.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour
Very nice. Way to play that crap. :-)

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)
Nice even tempo. Great playing for such a short time at the piano.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag
WOW!

21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet
Great tempo. Nice piece.

22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll
Interesting sound.

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2
Well done. I enjoyed it very much.

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35
Well done. Very enjoyable.

25. mlr1899 - Sensation
Very catchy. Good job.

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major
Nicely done for such a short time at the piano.

27. rocky - Evacuee
Well done.

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road
One of my favorite Beatles tunes. Nice version.

29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun"
nicely done. I really liked the way the recording came out. Kind of like listening to an old 45.

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo
Your touch is amazing. Can you make some videos of your playing?

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6
Very nice playing. I was surprised at the 9 months experience. Keep it up!

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song
Well done. This was one of my favorties so far in Alfred's 2.

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi
Well done. Sounds like you have developed a nice touch for such a short time playing.

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2) (to do)
Great emotion, I thought.

35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag
I enjoyed this. I was impressed by your ability to add a rag bass line.

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home
Very enjoyable. Good job.

37. epf - Music of the Night
Well played.

38. Copper - Stardust
Nicely done.

39. Pevawi / Peter - Für Elise
Good job.

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2
Wow. Nice job.

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz
Pretty nifty.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne
Very well done.

43. tekkie - Opus #18
Nice and steady. Well done.

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody
Excellent. You are progressing so fast. Keep it up.

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy
I enjoyed this tune a lot.

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace
Good job. 3rd movement sounded just fine to me.

47. mahlzeit - Diminished
I enjoyed your improv.

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love
Your playing is always inspirational. Thanks!

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night
Well done.

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin (to do)
Well done.

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3
Try to play something over 2 minutes next time!

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4
Nice touch.

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn
Well done.

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso
Well done.

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa
Well done.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)
Well done. Doesn't seem too technically advanced for you.

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival
I'm impressed with your originals. keep it up.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude
Well done.

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano
Well done.

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan
Nice touch.

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air
Nicely done.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante
Well played.

63. Manndrew - Crazy
Wow. I think this is my favorite of the recital.

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz) (to do)
Wow. That was cool.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5
Nicely done. You are progressing well.

66. EJR - Everyday
Well played. I hope to add this one to the repertoire in a few years.

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2
Great playing.

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene
Well done.

69. karaeloko - Träumerei
Well done. I liked your touch and the pace of the music.

GregF

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks to everyone for your comments so far

I've just added further comments up to and including 35. Jotur (Cathy)

Sorry I'm busy at the moment but, I'll get them all listened to and my comments posted as soon as I can

Lee smile

Twitter: @Seaside_Lee
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Thank you, GregF for putting us back on track. This thread is after all for exchanges about the recital.

I also thank you for your kind words about my recording. Don't consider myself to be of the same caliber of many who frequent this forum, but it's nice to know I'm on the right track. smile

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank everybody who took the time to give feedback to anybody who submitted a piece. It is, after all, what most of us are after. Thank you for listening and commenting. PW does wonders for stimualting us, to strive to become better players.

I'm inspired to contribute to the next recital as well. smile

Started playing in mid-June 2007. Self-taught... for now. :p
51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3

Very steady. Good work blending the left and right hands together. Nice touch on the keyboard. The dynamics were fine as well.

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4

Your shading was wonderful. Great work on the trills. Smooth and light. A very fine performance. I think you have an affinity for this type of music.

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn

My sympathies on the loss of your dog. Oftentimes the music we play directly represents our emotions at a given time. This is a beautiful theme. You played it with a simple, direct style that fit perfectly. Well done.

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso

I was very much into this theme a while ago after seeing the film again. Still one of my favorite movies. You did a great interpretation. You took your time and kept the integrity of the theme in tact. Excellent dynamics. Please do a longer version sometime.

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa

Your tempo was excellent. Nice dramatic changes in dynamics as well. Quite an accomplished performance.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons)

Excellent job. This sounds like a pretty tricky piece, but you handled all the changes in tempo, theme, and dynamics very well. Nice and even playing on the runs.

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival

Best wishes to you, your brother, and sister. Very nice composition. I particularly enjoyed your treatment of the left hand. Some interesting chords as well.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude

You really don't sound that far from playing the original version. Your touch is nice and light for the piece. Good tempo and rhythm. You can do this.

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano

You handled the tricky rhythms of this piece very well. You brought the music to life and energized it with fine shadings.

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan

It's so important to be introduced to new sounds and techniques. This is really pretty music and your interpretation seemed perfect. You have a fine command of the keyboard.

[Linked Image]
ddh Offline
Second post of comments; I have to reiterate my feeling that there was an extraordinary abundance of great music in this recital; once again, congratulations to all...

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35 Played with the most delicate of touch and a great deal of musicality. Well done. Thank you.

25. mlr1899 - Sensation I truly love this raggedy music but it is beyond me how anyone can play it, especially with the ease You demonstrate here. Very entertaining, thanks for sharing.

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major Impeccable rhythm and tone; well done; thanks.

27. rocky - Evacuee Lovely music, Rocky; very pleasant indeed; thank You.

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road Good arrangement and well played; hope You will include it in Angelo's Beatles thread, come september; thanks.

29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun" Nicely done, Angelo; like the old radio sound that your recording adds; one more for Your thread. Thank You.

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo Yours is always a piece I am eager to listen to; you always articulate each note so precisely that a jewel of a piece emerges each time; thank You for sharing Your masterfully played music.

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6 A steady rhythmical left hand and a musical right make for a very interesting and enjoyable piece. Loved it; thanks Orez.

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song Quite good interpretation, Jim; enjoyed it much; thanks.

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi That is very good Anthony; you convey the atmosphere of this piece very well indeed; thank You for sharing.

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2) Another moody piece of fantasy; your playing is quite evocative; awesome playing; great job; thanks.

35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag Very enjoyable rag, Cathy; well done; thanks.

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home O.K. Great stuff; thanks.

37. epf - Music of the Night This is one of my favorites by Lloyd Weber; loved the ending (and the rest); thanks.

38. Copper - Stardust Nicely done Copper; thanks.

39. Pevawi / Peter - F¸r Elise Not easy, that; great effort; thanks.

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2 Anyone who can play Chopin this well deserves my warmest congratulations. Thank You for it.

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz Bouncy little piece; quite enjoyable thank You.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne Lovely piece executed with a deft touch. Thanks.

43. tekkie - Opus #18 Type of piece that sends me daydreaming of travels on long strait roads going nowhere. Well done. Thank You.

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody Another dreamy piece soooooooo well executed. Your moniker is definitely outdated; good show. Thanks.

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy Impossible accompaniment gives this piece a peculiar feeling. Very well done nonetheless. Thanks.

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace Broke my teeth on that one last year; so, I appreciate the effort and skill necessary to play it that well. Bravo. Enjoyed it much. Thanks for the lesson.

Third set to come.

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
O
O
bluekeys wrote:

I hope you do learn Comptine. It's really not very hard. Just be patient and drill the left hand until you can do it semi-consciously, and within a few weeks it should all come together.
Thank you for this encouragement. Your response demonstrates how these Piano World recitals are so effective for improving the playing abilities of beginners like myself. I have obtained the sheet music and I have found that you were essentially correct to encourage me to try it. Of course it will be a challenge for me. This is no “Row, Row Your Boat” exercise. But I am pleasantly surprised to see that it is approachable for a person at my level. I agree with your strategy of drilling the left hand first. It will take some work before I can do it, as you say, semi-consciously. Indeed, it may take a bit more than the few weeks that you predict. Yet, even at this early stage I can sense it beginning to happen.

As I continued to improve over these last few months I knew it was inevitable that I would eventually try this favorite piece. But your encouragement has made it happen a lot sooner.

I also thank you for your insight into Tiersen’s music. I can see that your appreciation is more profound than mine. Rather than hope for a better future you simply accept the inevitability of despair and you try to live with it as best you can. As a beginner in music it is important that I hear such interpretations. Although I am strongly attracted to Tiersen’s music, as well as to a lot of similar sounding music that I hear performed here at Piano World, I actually do not know very much about it. I admit that my previous interpretation was based only on my own reflections.

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks everyone for their comments, I really do appreciate them.

I have listened to the entire recital and I have to say that everyone is improving tremendously. I especially enjoyed the original compositions. Please keep them up, these were some of my favorite pieces from this recital.

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor
That is a nice choice of music and very beautifully played. The tempo and evenness of the touch gave it the perfect mood. You're improving a lot!

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto
Hehe, I recognize your piece! smile An all-time favorite and you did it great justice. I heard no slips and not only was there nothing bad, it's beautiful - you are too hard on yourself. I like the Truepiano sound.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche
This piece does remind me of clouds floating by in the beginning and then it gets more intense and dramatic, which I like very much. May be that's the "woman" part! smile Nicely done, Monica. The playing has your signature in it.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark
I don't know the original song on which you based your improv, so I simply listened to your playing as your creative expression. It conveyed some melancholy moods as well as some very tender moments. I think you are ready to take your improv show to the road!

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13
Always a delight to listen to your impeccable performances.

06. Laura D - Tarantella
Very spirited performance and some flying fingers! Bravo! Although there are some mistakes, I actually have to thank you for leaving them in. I am always too obsessive about making no mistakes in my recording. It's a great lesson for me to hear that others aren't afraid to simply keep playing. Somehow the hiccups didn't detract from your performance.

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations
Hunky, I think you found an excellent title to your composition. YOu also used the term musical journey in your write-up. I really feel that's what you have done - taken us on a journey of your inner creative mind. There are some beautiful landscapes in there. Look forward to more of your compostions.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford
A very beautiful melody, nicely renditioned. Very enjoyable.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)
A solid performance of a famous piece!

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers )
Just can't get over how beautifully you play with only 6 months under your belt! Wonderfully expressive.

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3
Short and sweet. I enjoyed the haunting melody and your delicate treatment.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World
Wow Peyton, you paint, you write lyrics and you compose! (And you telemark ski too!) As though the music wasn't emotional and dramatic enough, the lyrics are so poetic and romantic.

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin
I enjoyed your performance very much.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme
Bill, I love it, love it, LOVE it. I had a smile on my face the whole time while watching your video. You are a born entertainer - great to have you around!

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II
You always treat us to such well-performed technically difficult pieces. Thanks for hanging around the "beginners" forum! smile

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor
I like Schubert's compostions very much, and you gave us a delightful performace of this number.

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor
Thanks for introducing us to lesser known composers, and I always appreciate your informative write-ups. This is a very nice piece, and you played it so well.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour
I can't get enough of this piece. It's sooo romantic. Glad your teacher made you do it! You played it with just the right amount of "edge"! wink

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)
Excellent! I enjoyed it.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag
I never heard this Billy Joel number before. Wow, I don't think your fingers are rusty at all! Love it! Delightful and marvellous!

21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet
Love this piece, and you played it beautifully.

22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll
I was listening to this for a while before I read the description and title of the piece. I thought it was a Bach! Well played!

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2
Nice solid performance.

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35
Yes you do "own" this piece. There is an ease underlying your playing which makes the performance very enjoyable.

25. mlr1899 - Sensation
Very enjoyable rag! Thanks for playing for us.

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major
Fantastic for 5 months of playing!

27. rocky - Evacuee
I enjoyed your playing!

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road
Very nice rendition of the song. I hear a lot of progress! And some bit of fancy editing at the beginning and ending of the video!

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
2 -Mati - Played beautifully with great dynamics and emotion.

51 - GregF - Very nice. I'm not familiar with this piece but really enjoyed your performance.

64 - Ozor Mox - Wow! You can really play! Very impressive.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

I’m glad I’m not the only one still working their way through the recital pieces... here’s my next batch of comments:

41 – Fillanzea, 42 – RobM, and 43 – Tekkie: All first-time Red Dot inductees; reviewed earlier on p. 1 in this thread.

44 – PianoNoob (Yang): Wow! I can’t get over all those fast arpeggios and runs. I am in awe of your technical skills. The piece sounds classical but I’m not familiar with that composer.

45– Joangolfing: OMG... I absolutely love this arrangement. heart It’s very much like George Winston in style. In fact, I was out there googling “Jeanne Cotter” before I had finished listening to your recording. Are the rest of the pieces in the sheet music collection as pretty? Are they very hard? [Falls off sheet music wagon once again...]

46– Paul Cast: Very nicely played! Your playing sounds smooth to ME; we are always our own worst critics. You are able to express well the jaunty nature of the melody.

47– mahlzeit: I always enjoy your compositions, even when you are just “playing around.” This was a delightful stretch of slightly melancholy noodling. I see a dark hotel lobby, with a single spotlight on the pianist, and a woman sitting in an overstuffed chair, holding a gin and tonic and thinking about the man who just broke her heart.

48– Seaside Lee: Lee, the only thing deeper than my distaste for the BeeGees is my respect for you as a pianist, which is the only thing that could induce me to click on a “download” button next to [shudder!] the BeeGees. laugh And my trust in your playing skills was not misplaced, as you managed to make even a torturous song like “How deep is my love” sound beautiful. (Getting rid of the falsetto vocals and disco beat helped enormously in that regard. :p )

49– TX-Dennis: What a wonderful Cole Porter song, played in a beautiful jazzy arrangement. I don’t know what parts were yours vs. the sheet music, but it all blended smoothly and delightfully.

50– Piano*Dad: I’m glad to see you in the recital again, P*D, even if I AM jealous that you recorded such a smooth and blooper-free recording in a single take. laugh The Grotrian sounds great, and your dynamics especially were impressive.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Thanks for all your comments on my performance, I am very glad you liked it. Playing for you is such a pleasure, and such a kick to get better and better.

I was hoping to write each of you a PM, but after going through this thread I completely lost track how many responses I've got to my piece! smile So I'm writing there:

THANK YOU!

Mateusz

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I just want to give an extra thanks to all those that offered comments on the work here and especially those that did everyone's pieces. THAT is a tough though enjoyable job and cheers to all that took the time (appologies in advance if I missed anyone);

TX-Dennis
Monica
Hisalone
JohnFrank
epf
Irish Mak
Sandy
Manndrew
B528nf7
opus 45
eighty8
jotur
Gerg
rustyfingerts
joangolfing
super hunky
ddh
seaside lee
mmmmbalf
riddler
mistaya
piano dad
keynotes
mati
ozormox
greg f
rossana

To all those that commented on my song... many thanks. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that if for not the PW recital I would have no outlet for the work I do so it is very rewarding to get this feedback.

Cheers-

Peyton

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun"
Nice arrangement!

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo
I don't know what your secret is, but your playing is always magical and beautiful. What a treat to hear you play!

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6
You played this fairly simple tune in a very muscial way. I enjoyed it very much.

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song
YOu gave the piece a very nice noctunal mood indeed. Well done!

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi
For being self taught and still on Alfred one, you did a marvellous job playing this piece. I would have thought you'd more experience from the sound of the performance.

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2)
FFX music does create fans easily. This is another very nice piece of music from the collection. I really like the way you make it sing, and the dynamics and expression you put into it.

35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag
Cathy, I can always expect from you a tune with a good beat to make my head bob and my foot tap. This is no exception. I am not sure why you aren't happy with it. I surely enjoyed it. OK, so I suppose if you had lunch, the tempo would be faster - and my head would bob faster too! wink

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home
Wow, this is a really pretty tune. I am impressed that you managed to figure it out from watching YouTube videos. *Very* nicely played.

37. epf - Music of the Night
I love this piece (and many other Webber compositions). You played this very nicely with a somewhat mellow and subdued mood, with some places being more dramatic. I was kind of hoping for even more intensity and more ff may be in the middle or towards the end. I guess I somehow associate the song with great drama! smile

38. Copper - Stardust
I am amazed so many "greats" have performed this song. Now you are joining their ranks! wink Nicely played!

39. Pevawi / Peter - Für Elise
Nice performance. I like the tempo that you played it at - slower than most, but I found myself preferring this tempo a lot.

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2
Greg, you are too modest. Your playing is always so beautiful and musical.

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz
Nice spirited performance. Good job. I think at times when your RH was playing 1/8th notes, somehow the 3/4 timing got lost a little bit. Maybe slow it down a bit, so we can enjoy the nice Waltzy feeling throughout.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne
I was about to continue listening at a later time, but saw that you're playing an FFX piece. Well, got to listen to it before I sign off! They are such gorgeous pieces, and you played this one very nicely. Your "pasty" lunch is very British indeed!

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Another thought for Mahlzeit's program. However about an additional field for the numbers of recital you've participated in in the past? Well, if someone can phrase it more concisely, that will be much better, but you get the idea. I am sure it'll only take 3 minutes for Mahlzeit to put it in if we want that field.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don't know, Rosanna. Sure, we could add new fields for all kinds of interesting statistics, but it shouldn't take an hour to fill out the form. laugh But I'm interested in hearing what others think of the feature you are proposing. smile

OP Offline

I'm more worried about the magic code bug, mahlzeit... did you ever figure out what was going on there?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission