2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 5 invisible), 1,292 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally posted by Hisalone:
[b]35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag
Wanna be my ragtime buddy? laugh [/b]
smile I thought that sounded familiar, so I googled it. Jaime Cardenas has written a rag called Ragtime Buddy smile He posts regularly on the yahoo group site elitesyncopations.

So many rags, so little time smirk

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Oooh yay, I've been looking forward to getting back and listening to everyones performances and I'm certainly not disappointed! laugh I've only had time to download all the tracks into itunes/my ipod and have a quick listen to them all so far, but I'll have a good listen soon and give my feedback.

Thanks so much to everyone who has given me positive feedback so far, its extremely encouraging to hear! And regarding the ' pasty ' I had for lunch that day.....I had no idea this could cause as much confusion as it has, haha! Yes Cathy, you are indeed correct - its a sort of meat pie with other vegetables inside pastry that has a folded crust all the way down it. They're very popular here in the UK, especially in the South-West where I'm from. smile

"All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals." - Homer Simpson
[Linked Image]
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/MastahUK
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by RobM:
Oooh yay, I've been looking forward to getting back and listening to everyones performances and I'm certainly not disappointed! laugh I've only had time to download all the tracks into itunes/my ipod and have a quick listen to them all so far, but I'll have a good listen soon and give my feedback.

Thanks so much to everyone who has given me positive feedback so far, its extremely encouraging to hear! And regarding the ' pasty ' I had for lunch that day.....I had no idea this could cause as much confusion as it has, haha! Yes Cathy, you are indeed correct - its a sort of meat pie with other vegetables inside pastry that has a folded crust all the way down it. They're very popular here in the UK, especially in the South-West where I'm from. smile
I had one on my recent trip to London. Yum.

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
To all 45 of the Digital piano performers in Recital 11--Bravo for the wonderful dynamics that everyone has managed to get from their keyboards.
--------------------------------------------
I am eager to get some input on improving dynamics (joangolfing #45) with my Roland FP-4. I have no "touch setting" within my Akoustik Piano software that would allow me to get what my Roland could do just connected through a midi recording to my PC. So I'm looking forward to some comments on this issue.

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor
02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto
07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations
08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford[
09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)
10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers )
14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme
17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor
18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour
19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier
21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet
22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll
26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major
27. rocky - Evacuee
28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road
29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun"
30. kawaigirl1 - Leo[/b]
31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6
32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song
33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi
34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2)
35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag
36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home
37. epf - Music of the Night
38. Copper - Stardust
41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz
42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne
43. tekkie - Opus #18
44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody
45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy
46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace
48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love
51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3
53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn
54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso
56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons))
59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano
60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan
61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air
62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante
63. Manndrew - Crazy
64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz)
65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5
66. EJR - Everyday
69. karaeloko - Träumerei

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Sandy,

Originally posted by IPIBAHN - Sandy:

[b]04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark...
Did you write out your harmonies?

[/b]
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Please forgive my tardiness in responding to your question. No, I wrote nothing while collecting the notes and harmonies for this entry. I believe there is software available that can convert (transcribe) the .mp3 file to a written score? It would be great to have the score to use for re-learning when the inevitable happens and I lose it from current memory. Are you aware of this type of software?

I have decided not to comment on the entries this recital. Perhaps I'll resume with the next.

Thank you, again, for your comments.

Congratulations on your perfect attendance record in all eleven recitals. wow smile

Sincerely,

Lisztener

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
From IPIBAHN - Sandy:
I guess having a son who is so advanced makes you even more critical. I think I'm glad I'm the only one in my house who plays!!
laugh

I gave up comparisons and contests with him a while ago. I know my limits!

Rustyfingers,

Have you ever played Joel's "Angry Young Man"? That's a spectacular piece if you can pull off the repeated notes. One of these days I'm gonna sic Piano*Son on it (if his teacher will let me!).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I haven't, but I've certainly heard it enough! I live with a rabid Billy Joel fan who also grew up on Long Island. I suspect that even if my thumbs were up to it my piano would not be though!

Show P*S's teacher this--maybe that will persuade him or her to let him try it:

Classical pianist David Syme plays Root Beer Rag

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Next set:

01 Mark
Prelude in D minor
Composer:Muzio Clementi
Mark, this sounded really nice. Your arpeggios are steady and even. Great job.

02 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik
Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto Composer:Ludwig van Beethoven
I never tire of hearing this wonderful piece, especially when played so beautifully.

03 Monica K.
Nuvole Bianche
Composer:Ludovico Einaudi
Pretty piece, pretty performance. Very calming

04 Lisztener
Whistling Away the Dark
Composer:Mercer - Mancini Duration:
What a haunting melody. You did a great job with this improv. Your first? Really? Gave me goose bumps.

05 LisztAddict
Prelude Op 28 No 13
Composer:Chopin
Sigh. Lovely.

06 Laura D
Tarantella
Composer:Albert Pieczonka
A recital winner indeed. You did such a great job of keeping it clean while those fingers fly. I can imagine how much fun it is to play. Wow.

07 Mr Super-hunky
Imaginations
Composer:Mr super-hunky
You have a very distinctive sound. Nice composition! I’m totally like wow impressed.

08 Riddler (Ed)
I Remember Clifford
I know this song best through a Manhattan Transfer arrangement. It is indeed a memorable tune. You’ve got a great laid back jazzy feel to it.

09 John Frank
Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)
Composer:Frederic Chopin (adapted by Palmer, Manus & Lethco)
You have a a very clean attack on your notes. Nice job with this pretty melody.

10 True Beginner
Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers )
Composer:Paul De Senneville & Olivier Toussaint
Pretty, music box feel.

11 laValse
11 Prelude Op 40 #3
Composer:Liadov
Thoughtful, beautiful. Haven’t heard this one before.

12 Peyton
A House at the End of the World
Composer:Peyton Higgison
Dreamy.

13 ed Stanion
La fille aux cheveux de lin
Composer:Claude Debussy
Very impressionistic. You remind me why I’m so fond of Debussy.

[hijack]I love tidepooling in Oregon. Ever go to Strawberry Hill?[/hijack]

14 b528nf7 - Bill Moore
Piano Bar Theme
Composer:Henson/Pottle
Classic! What a hoot! I love your comping, but these lyrics are hysterical! What a treat.

15 Schubertian
J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II
Composer:J S Bach
Sounds just like Bach should be—articulate and precise. Impressive recording!

16 Jinbo
Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor
Composer:Franz Schubert
I’m very fond of this piece—my mom accompanied my sister playing it on flute when we were kids. Your sprightly rendition makes we want to pull it out again.

17 dannylux/Mel
Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor
Composer:Vasliy Kalinnikov
I always look forward to your beautiful performances of underexposed pieces. Where on earth do you find them? This one is very special. You do a wonderful job of singing out the melody line.

18 bluekeys
Mariage D'amour
Composer:Senneville and Toussaint
I like super-romantic carp too! My kids would run out of the room saying “Ew Romantics” though. Your rhythm is very steady, and you do a nice job with the variations of the melody.

19 Casyopea
Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)
Composer:Johann Sebastian Bach
I like this piece too. You are accurate and even. Just what it should be. Nice work.

20 rustyfingers
Root Beer Rag
Composer:Billy Joel
You might want to consider submitting this as a theme song for the sequel to Wall*E—Slop*E. laugh

Seriously, I forgot to confess that I did edit one place where I hesitated. You can hear the pop if you listen for it, but please don’t!

21 Euan Morrison
Piano Ballet
Composer:Eluvium
Very pretty.

I have a few more to do: hope to get to those tomorrow evening.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
59. Mike, you were really carrying on a conversation with that one. It spoke to me! smile Great tune and well played.

58. You're getting it. Don't stop. Go get the full version, you can definitely tackle it..

57. Wonderful!! It sounds like a lot of fun to play too.

56. Really, really nice. Good feeling for the piece. If you've just started work on it I'd love to hear it again when you've polished it.

55. Wow, you really put some work into that one! Great job.

54.Mellowwww. Real sweet playing.

53. Kind of a sad dreamy piece. It was a perfect bookend with DeepElem's. Really enjoyed it.

52.Can't hear this piece enough. Good job.

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz
Fun little piece. Nicely performed. Played with great tempo.

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne
I like this one. You perform it well and with great feeling. It does sound tricky. Great job and you must tell me more about this "pasty." laugh

43. tekkie - Opus #18
Wow. Very interesting selection. I thought it was a great piece and well performed.

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody
Excellent. I have heard your submissions in past piano bars and I knew you would not disappoint. Great job and keep recording and sharing with us.

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy
Nice playing here. I don't think that I am familiar with this particular piece. You perform it very well. It sounds like different variations on a similar theme. I like the way you play it.

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace
Good job performing at your level. The proper tempo changes will no doubt come as you keep up and gain more experience. You are a great pianist and I think the performance was captivating especially for a "practice piece." You could have fooled me.

47. mahlzeit - Diminished
Interesting improvisation here and recording method. Can you provide us the rest? I don't care about the talking. I liked it. thumb

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love
Very exquisite rendition of a song you would not think to hear as a piano solo. If this is suffering for six minutes, I'll partake of that suffering. Well done.

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night
Very peaceful and calming performance of a great song. You do well with it. Keep giving us some great recordings.

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
I like the one take approach. Makes it more recital-like(is that a word?) Great performance of a piece from a great composer. Thanks for submitting.

More to come

Psa 33:1-3 ¶ Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ya think God would permit 88 strings?

Hisalone
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The final group:

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air This is one of my favorite melodies and you played it very well.

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante What a nice, delicate touch you have here. You really bring out the beauty of this piece. Very nicely done!

63. Manndrew - Crazy The runs in the opening were really well done. The pacing in the piece seemed about right for the emotional content. I never got the sense that it was "taking off" on you. Good job!

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz) Good approach to this piece.

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5 Very good effort! A little ragged in places, but overall it was really enjoyable. It's clear you worked hard on this and with just a little polishing you'll have a wonderful show piece.

66. EJR - Everyday Nice pulse throughout the piece (hard to do with something this long). Very good!

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2 Sorry to hear about the finger -- hope it's recovered by now. This was nicely rendered, good tempo and dymanics. Trills were well done. Excellent!

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene Another piece I don't know. A very moody piece that you played very well.

69. karaeloko - Träumerei Very well done! Good control of tempo and pace -- no sense of rushing or dragging.

Wow -- the quality of all the submissions for this recital shows that we are all continuing to improve. I really enjoyed listening to the submissions and look forward to the next recital.

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6

OE - really liked this piece alot - listened twice - and very well played - sounds like the kind of piece you can really get into & really enjoy playing just for the sheer fun of it - would like to learn this one myself - good job!

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song

Undone - recognize this one very well - one of the mellower or more contemplative pieces from Alfred 2 - had alot of enjoyment playing this myself not too long ago - I played it a little more slowly, but that's just a matter of taste and interpretation and your tempo is just as valid - very nicely done - thanks for choosing it.

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi

Yet another entry in the 11th ABF "Einauldi Fest" - not sure what the title translates to, but your playing translates to a great deal of listening enjoyment - well executed - good touch - grudingly liking Einaudi pieces more and more (in spite of their surging proliferation!)

With appreciative Regards all, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
OP Offline

Third batch:

11. LaValse – I was unfamiliar with this composer, but this is such a romantic, brooding piece that you make me want to learn more about him.

12. Peyton– Oh, I’ve missed your songs so much, Peyton! This is one that not only *I* cheated on by listening to early, but I also called my daughter (and your number 1 fan) in to listen to it as well. This is such a pretty song, too, and it has the nicest piano accompaniment I’ve heard in your songs to date. The melody is sadder than the words, though.

13. Ted Stanion– It may have been a go for broke recording, but it’s not evident in your recording, which sounds confident and relaxed and smooth. Very nice!

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore– This is the best “feel good” piece in the whole recital, I think. smile It brings a wide grin to my face every time I listen to it. laugh The catchy music is wonderful, too. I think whoever opens a new piano bar thread should always include a link to this song to start it off. It’s perfect! thumb

15. Schubertian– Once again I find myself awed by those who can play Bach and those never-ending fast runs and arpeggios smoothly.

16. Jinbo–. Already reviewed.

17. Dannylux– I enjoy all of the “obscure” pieces you find for us, but this is my favorite to date, perhaps because it is darker and moodier than the usual fast pieces you play. Kalinnikov is such a talented composer; I hope he wrote more for other instruments.

18. bluekeys–Another dreamy Senneville piece! I am definitely going to break out my Sennevile book. I loved those real high accent notes.

19. Casyopea–Already reviewed.

20. rustyfingers– You must have taken WD-40 to those fingers of yours, because this piece just FLEW along. laugh This has to be one of the most technically challenging pieces we’ve heard in the recital. Fantastic playing.

ddh Offline
Greetings ABFers,

First and foremost I wish to express my profound gratitude to Monica, Mahlzeit, LaValse and Copper for making the recitals a reality through their work and dedication. This has become the trimestrial highlight of my piano learning adventure. Thank You. thumb

Secondly, I beleive this recital, more and more, from start to end, demonstrates a high level of melodiousness. Very impressive. Bravo to one and all.

Thirdly, sit tight, I will comment individually on each piece during this week. :p

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3

The tone of this piece was excellent. Each note was clear and phrased very well. Perfect dynamics.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World

Wow! A singer/songwriter at PW. This was really very well done. The lyrics evoke many images which you seemed to mirror in the melody. Impressive.

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin

A gentle melody played clearly and with wonderful dynamic shadings. I enjoyed its serenity. Good effort.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme

Did I detect a "Piano Man" intro? Clever. You have a wonderful technique. The accompaniment was just enough so that your fine vocals were not overpowered. You have a smooth singing style. Nice.

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15
in G Major; WTC II

I tip my hat to you and your fine effort. Bach is so wonderful to hear when its well played. The fugue was exceptional. Clear and even. Terrific.

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor

A mobile phone? You made it work. Lively and consistent playing. It's really a fun piece and I enjoyed it very much.

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor

You did make the melody sing out. Great control throughout the piece. Excellent changing of pace and dynamics.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour

It may be "romantic crap" as you call it, but you played it very well. The repeated notes came through nice and even. You should be very pleased with your progress after less than 2 years at the keyboard.

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I)

A very smooth and even performance. Just the right amount of accenting and dynamic changes. Very impressive after only 8 months. Just about perfect.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag

That's a very tricky piece. You handles it beautifully. You should change your PW name from "Rustyfingers" to "Smoothandsassyfingers." Terrific.

[Linked Image]

OP Offline

....continued...

21. Euan– It seems like every recital there is a piece that captures my heart, and this is it for recital 11 for me. Euan can vouch that I not only cheated and listened to it early (over and over again), I also tracked down the sheet music and bugged him mercilessly with questions about the playing of it. The repetitive simplicity of the piece is very calming and beautiful to me. And I love the lingering ending without resolution. smile

22. DragonPianoPlayer– Now THAT is a harmonically and melodically interesting piece! It started off sounding rather Bach-ish to me but quickly segued into some very interesting modern chord progressions.

23. Euphonatrix– Very impressive playing; your ornamentations are crisp and clear. Your playing captures well this light and playful side of Beethoven.

24. AdagioM– You do indeed display a comfort and confidence with this piece, and your performance is strong throughout all 6 minutes. The recording quality sounded fine on my computer speakers, but I will not resist making yet another plug for a Zoom if you’re looking for recording alternatives. wink

25. mlr1899– Yeah, I can see how this piece can give someone tendonitis! Great job on a very catchy rag. Listening to it, I’m getting this persistent memory of an amusement park. There must be some carousel somewhere that has used this as the music that I’m remembering...

26. gary001– Already reviewed.

27. rocky– I think you win the PW prize for being the hardest on yourself, and absolutely unnecessarily so! This is a beautiful piece that you play well. smile

28. serge88– I think this is one Beatles piece that sounds better as a piano solo than the original version (I never liked all the strings their producer put in it :p ). Beautiful arrangement beautifully played. I also will say that I am extremely impressed by the quality and clarity of your Roland FP-7.

29. angelojf– I love these accidental pairings that come up in the recital every so often. Your piece is the perfect companion to serge’s... another great arrangement! That new middle bit of yours is terrific, too.

30. kawaigirl– If I can ever get to play Einaudi as beautifully as you do, I’d die happy. All those grace notes and tricky rhythms in the right hand make this a very hard piece to pull off smoothly, but you make it sound easy.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I've just had a chance to listen to all the recital performances twice over and must say that with a little time, they get even better!.

Am I the only one who is noticing a vast improvement with all of the performances?. It's really evident.

I'm always looking forward to the predictably beautiful perormances by Monica and Kawaigirl and this time was no exception once again.

There are a few performances that literally just jumped out at me for one reason or another. I'd like to start with my replies for them first.

Listener: I really did'nt know what to expect after reading your submission would be an original performance. All I can say is WOW was that great. "Hauntingly" beautiful would describe it best. I've listened to it many times now and just love it. Such a great job. thumb

Rustyfingers: As soon as I heard this tune I could instantly recognize it and said to myself.."holy crap is someone actually performing this tune, that's insane"! eek .

This piece is relentless!, and you somehow pulled it off. WOW!. Your performance of this piece was truly amazing in many respects. I can't tell you how impressed I was with your playing.

Strat : I am a huge fan of all of the final fantasy pieces and your performance was so nice to listen to. Another piece I enjoyed several times over.

Gerg (Greg): I'm not usually a huge classical fan but this is one piece that I absolutely love. I have very few classical pieces in my mp3 collection and this is one of the few. Your performance was like getting a proffessional recording for free!. It was a joy to hear over and over again.

More to come.....

Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
It was really wonderful to listen to all the pieces in recital 11. Every participant becomes better and better with each recital.

I'm sorry but english is a second language to me and it will be too much work to have a unique comment for every pieces.

Serge

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

ddh Offline
First post of comments:

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor Soft touch, soft sound; quite enjoyable, thanks.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto I enjoyed Your sloppy play a lot; I envy Your precise touch: it allows You to articulate every word, every sentence and allows us to feel it; forget Your mistakes; You, sir, make beautiful music; thanks.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche Once again, Your impeccable interpretation of this moody musical scene in motion seduces the ear. Very well done and thank You.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark This does not sound improvised; Your choice of accompaniment, Your articulation and control of moods, Your delicate shaping of every phrase make it a jewel of a piece. Bravo; You have set the bar very high for Yourself in future improvs. Thanks.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13 The mark of a seasoned performer is when He/She can play with a belly full of tofu and rice. In every recital I have heard so far, Yours is always one of the pieces I am eager to listen to again and again. Your music touches me; thank You.

06. Laura D - Tarantella Laura, I had as much fun listening to it as You playing it; Bravo !

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations My sincerest congratulations; You should be very proud. You have indeed crafted a musical journey with variety, changes in rhythms, some surprises and an overall cohesion that make it very enjoyable to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford A beautiful melody indeed and well interpreted; enjoyed it much; thanks.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme) Nicely done JF; I did enjoy both of Your versions. Thanks.

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers ) Impressive; very melodious; well done indeed; thanks.

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3 You left me wanting to hear more; way too short; great interpretation though. Thank You.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World You are quite gifted; charming melody and lyrics. Well done indeed; enjoyed it much; thank You.

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin Bravo Ted; I wanted to learn it this winter; my teacher suggested I wait a bit; I just hope I get to play it half as well as You do when I finally do learn it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful music.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme O.K. now THAT was entertaining. You might want to offer it as an "Official" theme for the Piano Bar; well done !

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II I HATE Bach; with all his intertwining melodies and gazillion notes, he gives me the creeps eek . But, I admire a pianist who can play his composition so melodiously; well done indeed; thanks.

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor Bouncy and entertaining music for the noblesse; I'm sure Louis XIV would have hired You; good show. Thanks.

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor Thank You for introducing me to this composer and this beautiful piece. I will most assuredly investigate his works. Your pinky is well behaved and the others know their place. Masterfully interpreted; thanks again.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour Admit it, You're a softie wink Nevertheless, this is well played and enjoyable to the ear; thanks for sharing.

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I) O.K. I said earlier that I hated Bach; it's true; but I do love this piece; someone else must have composed it for him. This paella driven interpretation was gorgeous. Thank You.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag Fun piece; will never be able to play that; oh well, lucky me; I have talented people like You to do it. Loved it, thanks.

21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet Sweet moody piece played with much sensitivity; Euan, you are a true artist; thanks for sharing.

22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll Good job at conveying the mechanical mood of the piece; quite enjoyable. Thanks.

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2 Well done; I always marvel at someone who can play those pieces from the classical era melodiously. Quite enjoyable thank You.

1/3 down, 2/3 to go.
If this keeps up, I will run out of words to describe this...
Stay tuned, more to come...

Daniel (Pramberger JP 208B)
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Here's my last set of comments:

22 DragonPianoPlayer
The Mechanical Doll
Composer:Dmitri Shostakovich
This is a fun piece. I can visualize the doll dancing in the workshop (something like in Tales of Hoffman?) Your detached touch is perfect. One might even say “touché” laugh

23 Euphonatrix
Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2
Composer:Ludwig van Beethoven
Very impressive performance of a light and fun piece. I would guess early Beethoven on this one. Do you know? Your playing is clean and musical, and your tempos steady and consistent. Great job on this. Definitely a keeper.

24 AdagioM (Michele)
Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35
Composer:Franz Joseph Haydn
This is calm and beautiful. Your ornaments seem effortless. Makes me wish I could hear you in person some time. Another extraordinarily musical performance.

25mlr1899
Sensation
Composer:Joseph Lamb
OK, this was all kinds of awesome. I love rags, although I hadn’t heard this one before. Your rhythm was steady, your melody sang out, and you were incredibly accurate. I’m in complete awe. I kept thinking that this would be fabulous carousel music. (I love carousels). Straight to my playlist!

BTW I get soreness in my tendons when I play rags too—I always thought it was because I’m not relaxed enough, but you sound very relaxed and in control here. I hope you heal quickly.

26 Gary001
Theme in F Major
Composer:Unknown - BWV Anh. 131
Very nice. This is a pretty theme and you play it cleanly and evenly. Great work.

27 rocky
Evacuee
Composer:Music by Enya & NIcky Ryan
Wow! You must be proud indeed if this is your second best take. You’ve done a great job balancing the melody with the base accompaniment.

28 Serge88
The Long And Winding Road
Composer:Lennon/McCartney
This is a nice arrangement and you’ve done a terrific job with it—very true to the original and yet appropriate for piano. I feel a song coming on.

29 angelojf
Here Comes the Sun
Composer:George Harrison
Another wonderful Beatles rendition. It sounds great (even though your playing deserves a better recording setup). Thanks for sharing this.

30 kawaigirl1
Leo
Perfect music for contemplation. I so admire your control. Lovely as always.

31 Orez Eno
Two Timing, Op.134 No.6
Composer:Heinrich Lichner
You play this note perfect. I admire your obvious discipline to really get it clean. Great performance.

32 Undone (Jim)
Night Song
A fine submission. I admire your great dynamic differences as you repeat the theme in different octaves.

33 AnthonyB
I due fiumi
Composer:Ludovico Einaudi
You handle this quite musically. I had no idea until I looked that you were have been playing less than a year. You must be enormously talented or be working exceptional hard (or both).

34 Strat
Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2)
Composer:Takahito Eguchi & Noriko Matsueda
How wonderful to be able to play your inspiration piece so well. Your performance is a great example to other beginners what results motivation and hard work bring.

Before I head off to sleep I want to say how really impressed I am by the caliber of these recordings, from the absolute beginners to those who have been around the block a few times it is clear that everyone has really worked hard and submitted their best work. I think we might have to declare Red Dot Syndrome cured!

I've said it before, but I really believe that we have proof. Simple pieces, beautifully prepared and performed are as enjoyable as the most complex virtuosity. (Now if only I would learn from that!)

Thanks to everyone in this community who has contributed their time and talent to steer the ship--you know who you are!

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission