2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Charles Cohen, Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, 20/20 Vision, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,231 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Recital 11!!!

Please utilize this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital 11 that is taking place in the main Recital 11 Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is fine.

Critical discussion should take place in the Recital 11 Critical Discussion Room .

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here .

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Here are some comments on the pieces I've listened to so far.

01 Mark . . . Prelude in D minor - Clementi
Mark, I very much enjoyed your piece. It is a very interesting little piece, and although I'm not familliar with it, it seems to me that you played it quite skillfully. Nice job.

02 Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto - Beethoven
Mati, your excellent dynamics make up for any small slips that may exist in the piece. I must confess that although I have played this piece (many years ago, though), I did not hear the three "bad slips" that you describe. Another wonderful piece. Great job!

03 Monica K Nuvole Bianche - Einaudi
Well, I prefer to think of it as White Clouds. The other translations strike me as a bit bizarre. Your usual excellent job coupled with your rich sounding piano makes an entertaining listen. Great job particularly in your dynamics. I can hear everything from p to ff in there. Perhaps that quicker learning curve is a product of your growing skillset . . . just a thought.

04 Lisztener Whistling Away the Dark - Mercer/Mancini
I've always been a Mancini fan. Of course, Johnny Mercer is no slouch either. This is an excellent quality recording of your wonderful piano. I enjoyed your improvisation a great deal. I am simply blown away by your interpretation of the piece. It is so dramatic and emotional. Great job!

05 Liszt Addict Prelude Op 28 No 13 - Chopin
Liszt Addict, your skill at the keyboard impresses as always. This is such a beautiful piece, and your playing really brings out the drama in it. Your piano sounds wonderful, too. I was enthralled by this piece. Great job!

Regretfully, that's it for tonight. I have an early start in the morning. We have a major remodel going at work, and things are a bit of a mess right now. The result has been long hours and no days off for the past couple of weeks. I'll sure be glad when it's all done.

Great job by everyone so far. There's not a "clunker" in the bunch. I look forward to listening to a few more pieces tomorrow evening.

Dennis
[Linked Image]
flickr

OP Offline

Thanks to my ability to cheat and listen to the submissions early, I was able to prepare my comments for the first 10 ahead of time. I hope to get comments for everybody else shortly, but I do want to say that I listened to portions of all the recordings, and EVERYBODY did a fantastic job this recital. thumb Congratulations, all!

01 – Mark: What a pretty, sad piece. It’s not often I listen to a classical piece and think to myself, “I really want to learn that,” but you’ve done it here. smile

02 – Mati: This is always a tough piece to record given the inevitable high standards that exist out there. You have done a wonderful job with this. And the “True Pianos” sound was fantastic, even on my computer speakers.

03 – me: good god, woman, don’t you know ANYTHING besides Einaudi?

04 – Lisztener: This is beautiful in a sweet, sad way. I’m very impressed that you came up with this improvisation yourself.

05 – LisztAddict: I have come to expect great technical feats from you, and this recital is no exception. Very impressive!

06 – LauraD: Could your fingers have possibly moved any faster?!? eek I just love tarantellas. I used to play one on the accordion many years ago and always had a blast doing so. It sounds like you were having just as much fun with yours. smile

07 – mr_super-hunky: I have loved all of your improvisations, hunky, so I was eager to hear this first full-blown composing effort. I think this is an outstanding effort. thumb

10 – True Beginner: Okay, so now you have me wanting to haul out my Senneville sheet music collection and learn this one. laugh Or, I should say, I was tempted by your recording until I got to the part with all the wicked octaves that sounded VERY VERY hard. eek Beautiful playing of a beautiful piece.

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor (to do)
Very mellowing piece. Nicely played. You're right that on a live acoustic grand, this would be a great one to play. Nevertheless, you have it down beautifully.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No.
14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto
(to do)
A piece that is still on my to do list, I see. If it is as bad as you say, you are good at covering it up. Great effort especially after being away from a piano.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche (to do)
I like this piece. First time for me hearing it, and the expression displayed is impressive. I like the tempo changes and such. You really take advantage of those devices to make this a wonderfully enjoyable piece to listen to.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark (to do)
Nicely improvised. I would have never guessed that this was your first. Do not disappoint by saying it is your last. I enjoyed it very much.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13 (to do)
Well performed, I must say. I'm starting on my first Chopin piece soon so I guess I know what to eat to really pull it off.

06. Laura D - Tarantella (to do)
Laura, that does sound fun to play. I had fun listening to it. I like these upbeat pieces and you tackled it impressively for such a technically demanding challenge. Great job.

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations (to do)
So when is your CD coming out with the rest of your compositions? This is really good and well performed. Thank you for submitting.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford (to do)
Nicely played jazzy piece here. You can never argue with the place jazz music has with the piano. Good execution and performance.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme) (to do)
John Frank, you are not ashamed to play a simplified piece and I really respect that. You play very well and your progress really shows here. Good job.

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers ) (to do)
TB, I still say your username does not fit you. This sounds like it has some technique that took alot of work to get down. Well done. I must confess, though, that I have never heard this one as well, but it is a very nice composition.

More to come

Psa 33:1-3 ¶ Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings. Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ya think God would permit 88 strings?

Hisalone
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I actually know very few pieces so I think I'll be better off just commenting on what a great job everyone has done in the pieces I've listened to.

I've been listening to them for quite some time and made it up through piece 24 at this point. Not having to stop and write down thoughts on each pieces really saves some time, you know.

I suppose I'll have to skip over my recording and head over to the piano when piece number 33 comes up. wink

I'll keep posting as I get through more pieces later.

Roland FP-7 / Pianoteq 4.5.1
[Linked Image]
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally posted by AnthonyB:
I suppose I'll have to skip over my recording and head over to the piano when piece number 33 comes up. wink
You're just saying that because I'm at #34. LOL!!

Started playing in mid-June 2007. Self-taught... for now. :p
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Can I say that this was the first time that I visited the Recital. I really enjoyed listening to some of the pieces.

In particular I was taken by Serge88 and his rendition of 'The Long and Winding Road' which I viewed on his youTube video.

It was very encouraging and played very well.

Polostrings and I are listening to the online stream. Oh it is so nice! We will be posting (separately or together! 2hearts ) soon.

Semper ubi sub ubi
[Linked Image]
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
I always enjoy these recitals.

Here I am with barely enough time left to shower & dress before heading off to work and I keep wanting to listen to "just one more" before I go.

I'll be more organized in one way or another later, eventually. There's a lot to listen to here & it will take some time to get through them all.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the ABF Recital #11, a new record number of contributions.

Thank you Monica for all that you do, and thank you mahlzeit! This is only my 4th recital (i think?), but it's the first time using the new method for submissions...really nice setup you guys. I really like and appreciate how convenient you made it for us to participate.

Jeff
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey!

As for now, I just wanted to say thanks for this great event. To Monica, to Mahlzeit, and all of you (us) who participated and thanks for all comments on my piece in advance.

I'm still out of my regular home and without proper internet connection, so I also wanted to apologize for lack of my input today smile

I promise I will listen to everything when I get back (which should be on 24th), and then post a huge post! smile

Thanks once again,
Mateusz

Mateusz Papiernik
https://maticomp.net
"One man can make a difference" - Wilton Knight
Kawai CN21 (digital), Henryk Yamayuri Kawai NX-40 (grand)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
68. Signal - Leave on the Siene

Signal - had to listen to this one first - one of my favorite pieces of piano music - was considering it myself for a future recital - now largely discouraged by your excellent rendition - masterfuuly played - very sensitive and expressive - great touch and outstanding dynamics - you captured the beautiful essence of this New Age masterpiece - David would be proud!

With much (and somewhat envious) Regards, JF

P.S. As I'm sure you're well aware it's "LeaveS on the Siene" , and not "Leave on the Siene" - small difference in spelling, big difference in meaning and image (mulicolored leaves floating on the surface of the river on a warm, sunny autumn day vs. a dirty, broken down barge carrying some disheveled Parisian down river to some unforsaken, smog ridden destination).

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan

Rosanna - your's was the 2nd piece I really wanted to hear - listened 5 times - let me say this in all seriousness: I would suffer heaps of "abuse" from you because of my "gentle nudges" encouraging you to record something (anything!) for submission to the Recital for the sheer, unadulterated joy of listening to your wonderful playing on uniquely outstanding pieces such as this!!! thumb

Brilliantly done! You have an excellent touch all over the keyboard, your dynamics are near perfect and your expresiveness is simply awesome!

Thank you very, very much for sharing this fascinating music so well played with us. Why would you ever want to deprive us of this? confused frown

With warmest possible (and hugely impressed) Regards, JF

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

OP Offline

Hmmm... I want to make sure that I get feedback to all the first time inductees to the Order of the Red Dot, so let me commence with them:

16. Jinbo— What a nice jaunty piece! It’s not the style I normally associate with Schubert, but I liked it. And I was pleasantly surprised by how well the recording turned out given that you were using your phone.

19. Casyopea— This is one of my favorite Bach pieces, too, because of its dreamy character. I know it’s hard to play all those arpeggios smoothly, but you make it sound effortless.

26. Gary001—Wow… your playing is extremely impressive for only 5 months! Your timing was even and you rattled the ornamentation off like a pro. Excellent recital debut. thumb

33. AnthonyB— Well, it will surprise nobody to hear that this is one of the ones I cheated on and listened to early, and I’ve already given Anthony feedback. Beautiful job on an absolutely beautiful piece. smile

34. Strat— I’ve heard so many of your recordings in the piano bar and video game threads that I was surprised to realize that this was your first recital. This is a lovely piece and you play it expertly. I can see why it inspired you to play. I was listening to it and all set to hunt down the sheet music until I hit the 1:27 mark and realized it will be a LONG time before I’m able to play that. laugh

41. Fillanzea— Another jaunty waltz! Great job on some difficult runs down the keyboard. thumb

42. RobM— I heard this piece ages ago on one of the video game threads, and it was so enchanting I (of course) got the sheet music and tried to learn it. I gave up almost immediately because that left hand is really tough, so I’m *very* impressed by your smooth performance here.

p.s. I believe you made a typo in your description of what you had for lunch. I occasionally take liberties and fix typos when I find them in the recital thread, but this one was so funny I left it in. Besides, maybe it wasn’t a typo. wink

43. Tekkie— I have never heard of this composer before, but I really liked this piece— somewhat sad and with a definite new age flair. This is one I’ll have to add to my sheet music acquisition list. How are the other pieces in that book? Are they all in this style?

66. EJR— This was a pleasant surprise, as you snuck this in almost at the last minute, so it wasn’t until after I closed the recital and was making the zip files that I saw it was in there. I still love this piece as much as the first time I heard it, and yours is one of the best performances I’ve heard of it. What I found most impressive is that you manage to make the transitions between sections with no noticeable hesitations, and I *know* just how hard that is to do because there are some big jumps around the keyboard that I have never managed to do smoothly.

69. karaeloko—Talk about cutting it close to deadlines! laugh I’ve been intrigued by this piece ever since it was the focal point of Noah Adams’ “Piano Lessons” book. You do a lovely job with it, and it was a wonderful way to close the recital.

O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Monica, what a nice idea to give special recognition to the newest inductess into the order of the Red Dot.

Here's a toast to the "Old Gold Dot" award winners who are adding yet another red dot award to their collection (participation in 11 recitals):

Monica, LitzAddict, Mr Super-Hunky, Euan Morrison, Copper, Seaside Lee, IPIBAHN, and Mike White.

And a toast to the newest inductees into the Gold Dot Society (participation in 10 recitals):

Dannylux, AdagioM, and Kawaigirl

thumb

Jeff
[Linked Image]
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm going to comment on ten pieces at a time and will work through all the recordings. I'm impressed that, once again, we've exceeded all precious recitals in terms of number of submissions.

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor Very nicely played. The ritardando at the end was well done.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto Nice job! You really let your little finger sing the melody. While there are a couple of tiny mistakes they are not the glaring errors you claimed.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche Since I don't know the piece I can only comment on two things: 1) there are other composers besides Einaudi :p and, 2) nicely done! The ritardando at 3:17 provides a nice contrast, the tempo and dynamics worked well.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark Interesting voicings and modulation. Your improvisation works well.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13 I love this prelude, and your touch here was excellent!

06. Laura D - Tarantella Wow! What a sparkling performance. I think my fingers would have been falling off at around the 1 minute mark!

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations A nice, somber beginning that you modulate well. Good thematic development, interesting harmonies, surprises in pace -- all things that keep a listener interested. The motif that shows up around 2:00 works well, and then taking a variation up an octave provides a nice continuation. Very well done!

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford Well played -- the improvisations in the left hand work well.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme) You really bring out the melody in this beautiful piece. Although simplified, the arrangers kept most of the elements that make this an interesting piece.

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers ) This is a moody piece that you play well. I can see why you like it so much.

I'll get to the next batch of ten shortly.

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
Originally posted by Monica K.:
[b]43. Tekkie— I have never heard of this composer before, but I really liked this piece— somewhat sad and with a definite new age flair. This is one I’ll have to add to my sheet music acquisition list. How are the other pieces in that book? Are they all in this style?
[/b]
Thanks for the nice comment. This composer definitely has a melancholy sound, but there is a nice variety among the pieces in the book. He reminds me of other composers like Einaudi and Lanz. He was "artist of the week" on our local classical radio station recently - that's where I heard him first.

Here's where I bought his book:

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/dstoh/product.asp?item=dstoh03

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor Very nice! If I could play this as smoothly as you do, I'm sure it would not frustrate me as much as it does.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto Yes, this is one of those pieces that some think are "overplayed," but I find it beautiful every time I hear it. Lovely.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche You're grasp of New Age music is amazing. You certainly have the feel down. I always enjoy your playing.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark First attempt at improvising? Wow. That was very nice. Lovely melancholy touch to the sound that fits the lyrics perfectly.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13 Very nice playing on a very pretty piece.

06. Laura D - Tarantella That certainly did sound like it was fun to play. Nice job!

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations Well, if this is the stuff that is in your brain, you really must let it out more often! I can hear the influences you mentioned, and could easily see this in a movie soundtrack.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford Haunting is right. What a pretty melody, and played with just the right feel and emotion.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme) A very well known melody, for sure. And a very nice arrangement as well. Very nice job!

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers ) Very pretty! I understand why this is a favorite.

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Continuing from my earlier list, here's numbers 11 to 20...

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3 Even thought I've heard it before, nicely played. However, this submitting previously submitted material is equivalent to luffing -- to be avoided if at all possible! laugh

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World Very melancholy. Nicely played and a good voice for that type of song.

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin Very well done! Doesn't sound rushed and I didn't hear any technical issues at all.

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme Very, very nice! Good voice, interesting lyrics and a surprise ending. Excellent! Made me smile.

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II You've really got this under your fingers! Beautifully played.

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor Nicely played -- it's too bad this was recorded on a mobile phone because of the clipping it introduced. Still, very, very nice!

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor Well done! You do bring out the melody nicely.

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour Another piece I don't know so comments are limited to what I heard. You played it well, nice dynamics and pacing.

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I) Very well done! There was no sense that anything was rushed or slowed. Good pace. I enjoyed this very much.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag Hmmmm...your fingers can't be that rusty to have played this as you did! Very good!

And that's the second group. More later.

Ed

"...a man ... should engage himself with the causes of the harmonious combination of sounds, and with the composition of music." Anatolius of Alexandria
[Linked Image]
YouTube Channel
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
This is the perfect end to my vacation. I'm spending the whole day listening to the entire recital whilst enjoying a glass (or two) of my favourite wine. With 69 pieces (wow!) I may have to open a second bottle!

01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor This was a very pretty melody - simple yet beautiful.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto Very nice! It was one of my summer projects to ressurect this piece. Mine isn't nearly as clean yet. Great job! My only suggestion would be to watch the tempo, sometimes it speeds up with the crescendo and you might want to have your metronome ticking quietly in the back ground to check the speed from time to time. I really enjoyed it though. You play at a nice overall speed. Sometimes it's played way to slow or too fast.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche Monica your pieces are aways so lovely to listen too. You must have a great repertoire to share with your friends and family.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark Truely wonderful! Your improvising is really good. I still have yet to be happy with any attempts. Did you write out your harmonies?

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13 Awesome. This is not a Prelude I've heard before. Very nice.

06. Laura D - Tarantella Wow! flying fingers for sure! It does sound like fun!(and hard) I bet it was a great learning piece too!

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations How much you love to do this really shows in your playing. I can easily 'imagine' it in a movie!!

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford Very pretty piece, a little mellow but in a nice way.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme) This is my absolute favourite Chopin piece and I enjoyed listening to your recording. I've done the theme but am not ready to tackle the rest...I carry the sheet music around with me for 'some day.'

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers ) Beautiful. You have a nice gentle musical touch. This sounds quite complicated for 6 months of learning! Really good!

11. laValse - Prelude Op 40 #3 This is nice! It reminds me a litttle of a Rachmaninov piece I was listening to today. I have never heard of this Composer though.

12. Peyton - A House at the End of the World Awesome! Really enjoyed your playing/singing and this piece and your painting too! You have a lot of talent!

13. Ted Stanion - La fille aux cheveux de lin Another beautiful piece. My favourite Debussy (next to Arabesque). You did a wonderful job!

14. b528nf7 - Bill Moore - Piano Bar Theme Another player/singer!! You guys are too much! This was great! (I wasn't as fussy about the organ section though-may have been my crappy headphones.) Thanks - I was tapping my feet. YOu must be great fun at a party!

15. Schubertian - J S Bach - Prelude & Fugue #15 in G Major; WTC II Ooooh the first Bach piece! You sound like you've got great control! Good job!

16. Jinbo - Moment Musicaux No. 3 in F Minor I'm sure your teacher will love it. Nice job!

17. dannylux/Mel - Kalinnikov Moderato in e flat minor This is a beautiful piece and I can hear how it would be great 5th finger exercise - great dynamics. Wow I loved it and your comment about space being the very soul of the music. Thank you

18. bluekeys - Mariage D'amour I love the super romantic crap too! You played this wonderfully with great control I particularly liked the cascading run at the end. Really enjoyed it!

19. Casyopea - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 (from Well-Tempered Clavier, Book I) I don't think I've ever heard this played better! Great job. You kept it soft and even and gently brought out the melody.

20. rustyfingers - Root Beer Rag Speedy fingers or what! Wow. Would have loved to see a video of this! Fun!

21. Euan Morrison - Piano Ballet Beautiful. You sound like you have been playing much longer than 3 years. Awesome!

22. DragonPianoPlayer - The Mechanical Doll It was easy to picture a mechanical doll in this piece. You kept it very even. Well played!

23. Euphonatrix - Sonatina in F, WoO, Anh. 5, No. 2 Another great piece. I haven't played very much Beethoven but this is one I'd like to try. I liked your dynamics. Sonatinas are always so interesting with so much variety.

24. AdagioM (Michele) - Adagio from Sonata No. 48, Hob. XVI/35 Beautiful. You made it sound easy and I'm sure it isn't. I might not have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it but I could hear the 'strain' with the high notes. Still sounded great to me though.

25. mlr1899 - Sensation Contratulations on playing for church! That takes courage (more than I have for sure) This was a great piece - very light and lively and I could picture bouncy hands all over the keyboard.

26. Gary001 - Theme in F Major Wow - 5 months. This was really good. Lots of control - you play with confidence.

27. rocky - Evacuee This didn't sound 'simple' it sounded very serene - well controlled with a lot of emotion. I thought THIS take was 'brilliant'!!

28. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road Very nice. I did watch your video and loved how you faded IN to the picture. The transitions were great and I loved seeing your dog too!!

29. angelojf - "Here Comes the Sun" Really nice I so admire those able to combine 'ear'. If it's not on the page I can't play it (and often can't even then!) Great job!!

30. kawaigirl1 - Leo I always look forward to Einaudi each recital but have never tried to learn any. This was another beautiful piece. I loved it!!

31. Orez Eno - Two Timing, Op.134 No.6 This was nice. I didn't find it repetitive except that my media player kept repeating the whole piece! Enjoyed it!

32. Undone (Jim) - Night Song Sweet melody. You played it very expressively. Great dynamics

33. AnthonyB - I due fiumi Another Einaudi piece. This was lovely too. I thought you had the the timing well. You certainly sound like you've been playing longer than a year. Great job!

34. Strat - Wind Crest (from Final Fantasy X-2) Glad that you decided to start!! This is nice. I'm trying not to be discouraged at all the amazing pieces I'm listening to by those playing for such a short time!
35. jotur - Cathy Turner - (This is Not Your Mother's) Black and White Rag A real toe tapper. Such fun to listen to. You make it sound easy. The bass is perfect!

36. Eighty8 - Letter From Home So you picked this up from YouTube? Does that mean it's by ear? I loved this piece. It ran a few times on my player before I moved on to the next one.

37. epf - Music of the Night So soft and gentle. You play with a lot of emotion. Very sweet. You really make use of the 'space' between the notes - which is what it's all about!

38. Copper - Stardust This was very light and airy. Made me feel relaxed.. You must feel very relaxed when playing - at least that what came through for me.

39. Pevawi / Peter - Für Elise People say this is over played but I don't think so. I used to know the first part and my husband keeps wanting me to go back to it..... You may have inspired me! Good job!

40. gerg aka Greg - Nocturne Op. 37 No. 2 Beautiful. I can't wait till I can handle a Chopin Nocturne. Maybe next year. This was very nice - thanks so much for sharing!

41. Fillanzea (Emily) - Sunburst Waltz Nice piece. Fun and bouncy. Sounds like it's fun to play!

42. RobM - Suteki Da Ne I love the triplets in this - you have a nice touch and kept the melody so clear. It sounds polished to me!

43. tekkie - Opus #18 Very nice. This had a wonderful rich sound and your dynamics were lovely.

44. PianoN00b (Yang) - Midnight Rhapsody Another beautiful piece by someone only playing for a year! This was great! I couldn't get the vieo to play though...

45. joangolfing - Hymn to Joy I hadn't heard this arrangement of Ode to Joy. It was interesting. I think I prefer the original but you did a great job on this version!

46. Paul Cast - Sonatina Op.36 No.1 Allegro, Andente, Vivace I did this one! It's not easy to keep even. You did a really good job. Great control. Andante was my favourite part! The last part does have a little unevenness in parts. I remember my teacher clapping as I played this section to help keep me even. Maybe practicing with your metronome would help in some sections.

47. mahlzeit - Diminished Nice composition! I bet you drew a crowd. This was lovely.

48. Seaside_Lee - How Deep Is Your Love I used to love he Bee Gees.... I'm still amazed that you folks can play by ear. Awesome!

49. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - In The Still of the Night I loved it! another improv! You should be very happy with this recording.

50. Piano*Dad - La Fille aux Cheveux de LinVery professional sounding to me. I would never know I was listening to an amateur. I know we are always more critical of our own playing and I guess having a son who is so advanced makes you even more critical. I think I'm glad I'm the only one in my house who plays!!

51. GregF - Pastorale Op.100, No. 3 I have the whole Opus 100 so I was able to read along! You did a great job!

52. Mistaya (Caroline) - Notturno op.54 no.4I haven't heard this before. I have a whole book of Greig pieces but they start at opus 57. I really enjoyed this piece and wonder how hard this was to learn. Did it take months??

53. IPIBAHN (Sandy) - Jazz Hymn so sad....time to learn a few cheerful ones...

54. DeepElem (aka Buck) - Cinema Paradiso Short is ok. Keep them wanting more I say! Which I certainly did with this piece. You played it wonderfully with lots of emotion. My player keep repeating so it was nice and long for me!!

55. Greywullf - No. 3 Canzone Amorosa I really enjoyed this piece. It sounded very professional. I could imagine this plalying at a piano bar.

56. Jeff (Opus45) - Barcarolle (June, from the Seasons) It doesn't sound as though it's above your technical abilities. Was this a 'better' recording? Any flaws were not noticable to me! Beautiful piece.

57. polostrings - Waiting for Arrival I got shivers reading your additional info. What anticipation and joy! I've got a one year old granddaughter who is the joy of our lives and it immediately made me think of her and our anticipation. Children are such a blessing. My very wise stepdad once said. "Enjoy them, you really only have a lend of them"..... Annywayyy back to your piece. I loved it and I'll bet your brother and sister do as well.

58. Kawai, Hi - Raindrop Prelude I know what you mean about embarassing. My teacher gave me a bunch of simplified Chopin pieces to play with during the summer. I first thought. Harumph...simplified???? then I tried them.. oh dear... still hard... Yours sounded lovely! It's only someone who is very familiar with Chopin's works who would think it's simplified.

59. Mike White - Scherzino Mexicano Very nice. Had it repeating while I was on the phone and was asked what recording it was!

60. Rosanna - Shanghai Tan Wow! So... classically trained.. did it help with PianoMagic? I'm guessing it did. I'm still amazed when I listen to something so wonderful that has been played by ear. So it's not even written down right? Totally baffled at how anyone can do this. It's just amazing to me!! Loved it!

61. ddh - Daniel - Londonderry Air So soft and sweet. Any liberties you took were well placed. I love this song and your playing of it!

62. YD (Yuri) - Mozart, Sonata K545, Andante I saw K545 and thought oh no... but then I saw Andante! Yes!! If my teacher ever suggests K545 I'll insist on this movement I really don't like the first. You played it very well!!

63. Manndrew - Crazy This was wonderful. I know what you mean. It's so hard to not let the music carry you away. I think that's mostly a good thing. Your recording was great. A real lounge player! Have you ever done that? YOu could with pieces like this. Really, really nice.

64. Ozor Mox - Waltz in D flat major (Petit Chien/Minute Waltz) Just under 5 years!!??? Wow. That's real talent... awesome! I can't offer any advice. I thought it was great!

65. Hisalone (Joel) - Hungarian Dance No. 5 This was very impressive. You kept the left hand pretty steady which I'm sure wasn't very easy. The dynamics were good too.

66. EJR - Everyday NIce. I love the steady bass harmony amd rhythm. It has such captivating pulse. and the quiet melody at about 2:58 with the increasing haromny is beautiful. Great job!

67. Ovaltine - Nocturne #2, Op.9 No.2 I love Nocturnes..... haven't even learned one yet. This was beautiful. There's so much music out there. After each recital I want to play everything!!! I loved it! You sound so relaxed and confident.

68. Signal - Leave on the Siene Soft and sweet. and nearly the end of an amazing 11th recital. I'm glad you were near the end as it leaves me feeling happy and mellow... Thanks!

69. karaeloko - Träumerei Wonderful job on this familiar piece. I've picked it up from time to time but somehow never finished.... You've inspired me. You played it beautifully with all the emotion it needs, great use of musical 'space' - it sounded very professional. Perfect end to the recital!!

It's the journey not the destination..
[Linked Image]
01. Mark... - Prelude in D minor

A very haunting piece. Very smooth on the arpeggios. Pretty nice connectivity of the notes.

02. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Sonata No. 14 'Moonlight' in C# minor, Op. 27 No. 2: Adagio Sostenuto

The tough part about this piece is making the melody sing out. I think you did a good job on that. And, you kept things moving forward pretty well.

03. Monica K. - Nuvole Bianche

Wonderful pace to this piece. Excellent changes in tempo. It really pulsated and you played it flawlessly.

04. Lisztener - Whistling Away the Dark

I liked your treatment of the left hand. Just enough to counterbalance the thematic material. A very moody and mysterious piece. Great interpretation.

05. LisztAddict - Prelude Op 28 No 13

Terrific dynamics. Your playing was clear and beautifully legato.

06. Laura D - Tarantella

A double wow! Excellent work. Only 3-1/2 years? You showed a very even touch on the trickier passages. A professional quality performance. Bravo.

07. Mr Super-hunky - Imaginations

Definitely of movie soundtrack quality. If I may digress, I pictured the ocean, rolling waves, then calmness with time changes from day into night. An excellent piece of music.

08. Riddler (Ed) - I Remember Clifford

Really beautiful. I'm not familiar with this piece, but you played it with great style. I loved those little runs with the left hand. Great counterpoint.

09. John Frank - Etude, Op.10, No.3 (Theme)

You know John, this is one of my favorite Chopin melodies. You maintained the integrity of the theme throughout and did a good job moving it forward.

10. True Beginner - Les Fleurs Sauvages ( Wild Flowers

Excellent playing for only 6 months experience. You kept control of the more technically difficult parts of the piece. Good tempo and a wonderful touch on the keyboard.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission