Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
122 registered (Arty Movie, B7 Music Studio, alwatson, 36251, accordeur, 33 invisible), 2126 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuner's delight, or not by Beemer @ 04/20/17 11:51 AM

Here from today's BBC news is an update to my original post: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-39655769 I noted that fifty people claimed the hoard was theirs. A little disappointing for piano tuner Martin Backhouse who found the hid
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Artist! by Piano World @ 04/20/17 11:43 AM

Bumping this up because it's a good opportunity for the right person.
James, This issue of wearing out the pinblock has been argued ad nauseum for decades. IMO it is a totally ridiculous argument. The single most important thing you can do for your piano is to control the humidity/environment. Whether you do it by s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm curious to know..... by Rich Galassini @ 04/20/17 08:05 AM

Beautiful playing Joe! Please give my best regards to Paul.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: eBook or pdf: why not? by J van E @ 04/20/17 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson Gosh, your welcome! Maybe this will make your day today? You can use the searchable database below to enter music for which you want an approximate grade level... and get the ranking http://www.pianosyllabus.com/defa
Jump to new posts Re: Grand piano action model by Beemer @ 04/20/17 07:43 AM

Alternatively go to the Renner USA website and view an interactive graphic. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi guys, I'm a newbie three months into this and still in book 1 of course. I thought I'd post here because I have a book called "How To Play The Piano" written by James Rhodes that teaches you to play Bach's Prelude in C (BWV846) from scra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, fingering and "Fundamental keys"... by Groove On @ 04/20/17 05:24 AM

Cool, it's very elegant system! I ran through my scales using the natural fingering rules, I can see how many things are much simpler - I like how it changes the LH in F Maj and F min natural/harmonic - much better!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprungjust the chords, each for the same duration, playing repeated ones just once, at a comfortable pace, so all you concentrate on are the *changes*? Yes, just to learn the changes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Tuning Piano - PICTURES THIS TIME! by BDB @ 04/20/17 12:08 AM

He has been working on this a long time longer than this topic. Earlier, he posted as eromlignod. He posted a video once. The quality of the tuning was not impressive.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need Help with Yamaha U2 H2729176 by lore1424 @ 04/19/17 11:40 PM

Anyone familiar with Yamaha U2 (ser #H2729176)? I found one on Craiglist that is reconditioned with asking of $3480 with 5yr warranty. Is this a reasonable price? I'm not sure if the information I got on the web is correct. Looks like it was made
Jump to new posts Re: What is the purpose of these pins? by KawaiDon @ 04/19/17 11:10 PM

Do a quick internet search on "Baldwin Accu-just Hitch Pins." You will find a lot of information. The design's purpose was to allow finer string bearing settings in a high volume production piano with pre-cut and pinned bridges. The pins
Originally Posted By GoofOw! Max your young pianists use too much the sustain pedal. Better sound from upright if you remove both front panels . thanks,Goof Yes, it's pedal very much pressed but they played first times. Soundboard has several cra
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPPED Yamaha P-115 79-Key Keyboard by newer player @ 04/19/17 09:28 PM

Originally Posted By anotherscottGreat work, I love this idea, I wish I knew someone local to the New York area who did this kind of work, You do - Luciano is based in NY and NJ http://www.lucianogminetti.com/ Great execution Luciano
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by Steve Cohen @ 04/19/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusThe article on selling a used piano in the latest Piano Buyer reminded me of the books in the "For Dummies" or "Complete Idiot's Guide to" series. For those who have read any of those books, I thin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pillows under the soundboard by PianoWorksATL @ 04/19/17 06:18 PM

I have a similar, but different solution to stuffing pillows into the bracing of your piano. The problem with stuffing pillows is their shape and uneven density will press against the soundboard and dampen its movement. It tends to affect the evenn
Pianist Corner
Haven't seen anyone mention Granados' "Goyescas" yet. Another composer who died far too young...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: DEALERS ALERT: "nice scam attempt" by gnuboi @ 04/19/17 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By RicksterThing is, I used to be a kind, generous, and polite person... otherwise, I'd be a basket case. It's ok, you can be both. In a good way!
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: which one sound better and WHY? by Steve Chandler @ 04/19/17 04:20 PM

The third one is three voices not just two.
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by ori0n @ 04/19/17 04:19 PM

USER LOCATION: Canberra, Australia MAKE: Kawai MODEL: CA97 CONDITION: New floor stock PRICE PAID: $3600 AUD (~$2700 USD) DELIVERY CHARGE: Free VENDOR LOCATION: Canberra, Australia VENDOR NAME: Better Music PURCHASE DATE: April 2017 Couldn't be happi
Adult Beginners Forum
Last I've been playing around with is Sabor a Mí:
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
Jump to new posts VIII INTERNATIONAL PIANO CAMPUS & PIANO FESTIVAL by Orchestra Busoni @ 04/19/17 03:52 PM

VIII INTERNATIONAL PIANO CAMPUS & YOUTH PIANO FESTIVAL 2017 From July 17 to July 23, 2017 M ° ALESSIO CIONI M ° SABRINA BESSI Board, lodging and daily lessons included in the registration fee. FINAL CONCERT OF ALL PARTICIPANTS AND DELIVERY
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts F. LISZT Hungarian Rhapsody nr. 6 by Orchestra Busoni @ 04/19/17 03:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgi2TPZAHZs
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand PA Stark Piano by Prof Pizzacotta @ 04/19/17 03:17 PM

I know this thread is quite old, but I just wanted to throw this in if anyone finds this in a search. My family bought a Stark upright in the mid-60s. After delivery, it was moved no fewer than 3 times before my sister took possession of it and moved
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Some problems with cold playing. by JohnSprung @ 04/19/17 02:23 PM

For me, warm up has to be on the actual piano. A critical part of it is adapting to the individual instrument you're going to play.
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How respected is Ludovico Einaudi in the piano community?
by johnjones795
Today at 01:03 PM
Would Bach like Classical, Romantic or 20th Century Music?
by dbach
Today at 01:02 PM
Is it possible to play Nocturne in C Sharp Minor in 2 years?
by johnjones795
Today at 11:57 AM
My right pinky is annoying
by DutchTea
Today at 09:58 AM
pedal extender for digital piano
by jiancheng
Today at 09:04 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,503 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,194 Topics
2,619,055 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission