Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
95 registered (Albunea, Beakybird, BachToTheFuture, Bachus, augustm, 23 invisible), 1997 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
You have some nice ideas, but this piece seems to meander a bit. It definitely would benefit from being written down in notation to help define things better. It sounds more of an improvisation than a composition right now. The intro material perhap
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at Reflection of Your Hands on Fallboard by cathryn999 @ 03/22/17 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibThe topic sounds like a Debussy piece, though. +1 ! Haha :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best app/software for me to start with? by rbnsncrs @ 03/22/17 07:47 AM

I started with piano marvel. Good part of it is, normally there's a study book for every level, if you want you can start with reading it. It takes only a few seconds to review a lesson so it never gets you bored. If you wanna watch the lesson videos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jeremy Denk's new eclectic program by Hank M @ 03/22/17 07:32 AM

This is not a new program. Denk performed a similar program in Philadelphia in October 2015. But I agree that it's very enjoyable. Here's an excerpt from the "review" I circulated after that recital: Quote:The clear theme of Denk’s prog
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts My cute(Kawai) piano by rbnsncrs @ 03/22/17 07:10 AM

Feels like the perfect choice for a beginner like me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I can't play the piano well when people are looking... by Eveinwonderlands @ 03/22/17 06:58 AM

Thank you guys for all you've written here! I will try to follow your advice, you are awesome
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland HP-603 review by peterws @ 03/22/17 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By oscar1Most pianos will use similarly sized speakers but without some "heft" of the cabinet and a larger volume of the speaker cavity the speakers will be only good for near field listening and will start to sound rapidl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slow practice question by Ralphiano @ 03/21/17 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung *** Again, most important, don't practice with the hesitations. *** Never practice wrong. If you practice wrong, you learn wrong, and you'll be stuck with unlearning it. If I was smarter, I would do this all
Originally Posted By Calmando The MP7 is probably your best choice in the circumstances. But IMO all weighted action controllers are a compromise with various limitations and/or reliability problems. (I was going to buy an MP11, but I didn't particul
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Simply Gratifying by RestorerPhil @ 03/21/17 09:01 PM

NO, it wasn't the night before Christmas, but sure was close enough. I had my doubts - doubts as to whether I could even get to this new customer. It was just over an hour's drive away and not in an area where I have a high concentration of repeat
Jump to new posts Re: Quarter sawing by RestorerPhil @ 03/21/17 08:45 PM

That is a very good demo. Definitely shows where that type grain of board comes from. By the way, his use of "Quarter-sawn" and "vertical grain" as synonyms is accurate. In addition, the term "edge grain" is also used
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in C major [Original Composition] by xSense @ 03/21/17 08:08 PM

i think the idea is pretty nice but u have problem than u can improve greatly by studying harmony and more piano writting. that isnt C major , that is a weird dorian mode cause u dont have third and the most important note in that mode that is B na
Hello RickardNi, Originally Posted By RickardNiThe reason I find this delay acceptable is the fact that I was offered very good service from the beginning, and assured the store that I was in no rush to have this issue resolved, since I could adjust
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 61 key keyboard by JohnSprung @ 03/21/17 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By deltamudFolks thanks for all the responses. I'm going to do some measuring and see if I can fit a full size keyboard in my truck. I'm an owner operator and due to federal law I have to stop for a minimum of 10 hrs every day and w
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Technical Questions - Dampers and Action Issues. by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 03/21/17 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By lbonini1 I don't know if it can hold a tune as I couldn't get my tech out there and I don't have the proper tools (or the experience) to test that out. What I did ascertain is that the Piano is in tune with itself, very flat but
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Chopin Etude op 25 No 2 by justyna_ewa @ 03/21/17 06:28 PM

Excerpt from Introduction to Chopin National Edition
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Holiday in Poland by justyna_ewa @ 03/21/17 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By QazsedcftFor Chopin lovers it's even nicer in the summer when you can enjoy piano concerts in the Lazienki park. My teacher played in one of these. I've seen photos of those outdoor summer piano conc
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five years in, facing the long plateau by Ralphiano @ 03/21/17 05:29 PM

The fact that you are still referring to your situation as a "plateau" suggests that you are still somewhat negative or discouraged about your current situation. Might it be beneficial for you to do a slow, thorough assessment of all the t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 20,000 Topics on ABF! by Ralphiano @ 03/21/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChina Would anybody like 4 pianos, 5 stools, several hardly used piano teaching guides and a couple of metronomes? I'd love to help out, but, if I had 4 pianos and 5 stools I'd spend all my time shopping for another pia
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano recording by jjo @ 03/21/17 04:39 PM

I think the OP is intending to record just as a learning mechanism; you hear things when you listen to a recording of yourself that you don't hear when you are playing. If that's the case, the phone is fine. If you are intending to record for other
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Remark in new books by SonatainfSharp @ 03/21/17 03:32 PM

The more markings in any book the better for me! I have notes and marks in my Beethoven urtext editions for pieces I haven't even played myself, but if I come across something regarding the piece, I will head to the score and take notes right there!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: please comment on my piano practice by SonatainfSharp @ 03/21/17 03:28 PM

Maybe it's my headphones or something, but it sounds like you are accenting each 8th note after each group of 16ths. The slurs are very specific in that piece: your wrist should be floating-off at the end of each slur, which would actually make the 8
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lead Sheets: Adding RH Harmonies? by TheodorN @ 03/21/17 03:03 PM

I like Bill Hilton's tutorials. https://www.youtube.com/user/billhiltonbiz There is loads of material about harmony, improvising and so on, on YouTube, but I'm trying to nail down to a few ones, and stick to them. Bill Hilton will be one of them.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Companion to Masterwork Classics by Birdgolf @ 03/21/17 02:54 PM

Thanks very much for those comments / replies. I currently do not have a teacher and thought those might help. I get a big kick out of playing these pieces in the level 1-2. Masterwork Classics book.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Avatars, Gravatars Not Working by Vid @ 03/21/17 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By BruceDI haven't been able to imbed a Youtube video in a post since the change. I think others have, however, so I don't know where the problem may lie. Regards, I have not been able to see embedded videos which I would gues
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wittgenstein
by PhilipInChina
03/26/17 08:04 AM
Music Examination Boards: Which One?
by dbach
03/26/17 08:00 AM
Which hand do I use
by Sol Finker
03/26/17 05:58 AM
Anyone know this piano intro?
by gendengx
03/26/17 05:05 AM
Grotrian Steinweg sound character?
by xlon
03/26/17 04:37 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,130 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,578 Topics
2,609,963 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission