Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
69 registered (AZNpiano, Alux, AB99, Almaviva, AndyP, 16 invisible), 1717 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on shopping for a grand piano by gnuboi @ 04/20/17 08:29 PM

There are some older Yamaha G6, C6, C7, Kawai GS60, KG-6 out there too which I'm sure can be quite nice.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Programming Setups on Roland RD-700SX by CornflakeGirl @ 04/20/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By clothearednincompoShe might like Tori Amos. Or be Tori Amos. (And sorry, I'm not familiar with Roland stage pianos. But I'm sure someone will bring this discussion back on topic...) Yep! Liking, not being. And hopefully...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: False beat suppressor by J Logan Blewett @ 04/20/17 06:40 PM

Thanks for the information. I figured it was too good to be true. I am aware of the different sources of false beats but, the simple fact that the effect is only temporary will not work for me.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Finger strengthening exersises from martial arts. by SergeiTaneyev @ 04/20/17 04:08 PM

If you're still in the beginning stages, you can do yourself a favor and skip having to do a lot of "re-learning" later by reading Thomas Mark's "What Every Pianist Needs to Know About the Body" or possibly Gyorgy Sandor's "O
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Intermezzo in D major by Joseph DuBois @ 04/20/17 03:10 PM

Hello all! I'm posting another one of my piano compositions. Feel free to check it out on YouTube: Intermezzo in D major. Hope you all enjoy!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustics in a small ballroom by PhilipInChina @ 04/20/17 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By ManMy apologies if I sound offending. It is not my intention. Is this place a barn? It seems to me that I can see sunlight through the roof. Just looking back through some old threads. The roof chinks are now all filled. We
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: My 'new' 9 foot Heintzman & Co concert grand by PhilipInChina @ 04/20/17 02:41 PM

Certainly is a very elegant piano. The minor cosmetic issues which you mention could be put right quite easily, if you want so to do. Alternatively treat them as patina! I hope it brings you many years of pleasure.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano mover gratuity question by Cassia @ 04/20/17 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By JohnSprung When it was three guys moving a 6 ft, I gave each a $20. When it was nine guys moving a 9 ft, alas, I didn't have enough cash. I wasn't expecting that. When I bought my C2X, they sent two trucks and five or s
Count me among the people who would expect a great quality line in on such an exceptional instrument. That may be used for VSTs in some cases but it would definitely get serious usage for accompaniment playback and for practicing concertos. Maybe a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Do you feel vibrations when you play? by phantomFive @ 04/20/17 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By BeemerOriginally Posted By phantomFiveThat's a cool sales gimmick haha. I just played a chord on the lower half of my electronic keyboard, and when I pay attention, I can indeed feel the vibrations in my fingers. I'm sure the B
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: O.T.: Some Very Sad News by JohnSprung @ 04/20/17 01:18 PM

Thanks, Ian. Yes, of course, Harry is devastated. They were so perfect for each other, and they only had about five years together. They should have had thirty more....
Jump to new posts Re: Fujan Lever by David Boyce @ 04/20/17 12:09 PM

Loren, yes, I do mean the C hammer. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Tim, thanks for the advice and for the suggestion about the BRK instead of the Watanabe tip. I don't have to lift grand lids, generally, as I tune left-handed, with the Fuja
Jump to new posts Re: Decision for a digital piano by Jasper E. @ 04/20/17 12:01 PM

One more remark after ori0n's comment: As far as I understood, key action is a real priority. So I simply applied the general advice to look for a better keyboard instead of lots of extra features. (however some new resonance features of CN-37 could
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuner's delight, or not by Beemer @ 04/20/17 11:51 AM

Here from today's BBC news is an update to my original post: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-39655769 I noted that fifty people claimed the hoard was theirs. A little disappointing for piano tuner Martin Backhouse who found the hid
Jump to new posts Re: Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Artist! by Piano World @ 04/20/17 11:43 AM

Bumping this up because it's a good opportunity for the right person.
James, This issue of wearing out the pinblock has been argued ad nauseum for decades. IMO it is a totally ridiculous argument. The single most important thing you can do for your piano is to control the humidity/environment. Whether you do it by s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm curious to know..... by Rich Galassini @ 04/20/17 08:05 AM

Beautiful playing Joe! Please give my best regards to Paul.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: eBook or pdf: why not? by J van E @ 04/20/17 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson Gosh, your welcome! Maybe this will make your day today? You can use the searchable database below to enter music for which you want an approximate grade level... and get the ranking http://www.pianosyllabus.com/defa
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mozart K309 - Sonata in C, 3rd movement by cathryn999 @ 04/20/17 07:45 AM

CinnamonBear, thank you so much for your kind words. You are absolutely correct about flagging in the last pages, I noticed that myself, a tendency to speed up (I was thinking "almost there, almost there!") and as a result some unevenness a
Jump to new posts Re: Grand piano action model by Beemer @ 04/20/17 07:43 AM

Alternatively go to the Renner USA website and view an interactive graphic. Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Hi guys, I'm a newbie three months into this and still in book 1 of course. I thought I'd post here because I have a book called "How To Play The Piano" written by James Rhodes that teaches you to play Bach's Prelude in C (BWV846) from scra
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales, fingering and "Fundamental keys"... by Groove On @ 04/20/17 05:24 AM

Cool, it's very elegant system! I ran through my scales using the natural fingering rules, I can see how many things are much simpler - I like how it changes the LH in F Maj and F min natural/harmonic - much better!
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By JohnSprungjust the chords, each for the same duration, playing repeated ones just once, at a comfortable pace, so all you concentrate on are the *changes*? Yes, just to learn the changes
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Self-Tuning Piano - PICTURES THIS TIME! by BDB @ 04/20/17 12:08 AM

He has been working on this a long time longer than this topic. Earlier, he posted as eromlignod. He posted a video once. The quality of the tuning was not impressive.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Need Help with Yamaha U2 H2729176 by lore1424 @ 04/19/17 11:40 PM

Anyone familiar with Yamaha U2 (ser #H2729176)? I found one on Craiglist that is reconditioned with asking of $3480 with 5yr warranty. Is this a reasonable price? I'm not sure if the information I got on the web is correct. Looks like it was made
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steigerman baby grand with piano disc player
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 10:43 PM
Found a George Steck baby grand with 1779 stamped on the leg
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 10:08 PM
Would you buy this Hobart Cable baby grand?
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 09:51 PM
The Graded Rameau
by kaziranga
04/23/17 09:32 PM
Thinking of buying this baby grand
by itsmeunc
04/23/17 08:51 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,493 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,168 Topics
2,618,618 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission