Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
117 registered members (anamnesis, accordeur, alphonsus, ando, A441, Amedeus, 25 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
01/12/18 11:44 PM
I'll be getting my first (and quite likely last) Grand this year (probably February), so I'm hyped up for the year. My goals for the year in random order: To learn at least one piece that's graded 7 ABRMS Learn a whole lot of easier ones (anything from 4-6) currently in my rang...
see more
1,371 Views · 37 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
01/12/18 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Philip_JohnstonThe lack of half pedal and repedalling (Garritan, seriously...why???) I know this post is 2.5 years old but just in case want to throw here this quote: https://www.garritan.com/products/cfx-concert-grand-virtual-piano-lite/ Quote These new fea...
see more
19,730 Views · 43 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
01/12/18 11:11 PM
Splendid as always! I'm glad your career is continuing to progress well and that you're continuing to perform concerti with orchestras. Keep up the great work!...
see more
438 Views · 7 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
01/12/18 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by SkjalgWhat an exctraordinary Blüthner! Rather modern looking; I like it. It looks like a normal sound board, so what does the Phonix logo signify? Bridge agraffes? It has a carbon fiber board, but they put a wood veneer to protect it from UV light and sli...
see more
173 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/12/18 08:08 PM
Hi All, I just came back to the forums to sign up for MOYD for 2018. Last year's effort was successful, so I will hopefully duplicate it again this year. I haven't had a lot of time to read the forum; so much so, that I missed my annual piano anniversary post by several weeks; i...
see more
33,786,055 Views · 9,461 Comments
01/12/18 07:02 PM
I would like to present here my current project of paralell interpretation of several more and less known exsamples of the classical Clavier/Piano repertoire: Let me start with my complete recording of J.S.Bachs seldom heard transcriptions of baroque Concertos for - Organ: Con...
see more
55 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/12/18 06:49 PM
I've used some of the books, not extensively, and I find them quite interesting. It's a structured way of approaching improvising and I think helpful to introduce students to it who have no background. They were recommended to me in the non-classical subforum on Pianoworld, so y...
see more
3,660 Views · 13 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/12/18 06:37 PM
My Amazon review from 2007: Chang's book has a few good points, but for the most part I find it poorly written. Its like he handed his rough notes to the publisher and they printed it. Its seems unorganized and disjointed. I find it hard to follow. I'm not even sure he's a playe...
see more
501 Views · 9 Comments
01/12/18 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by andoyou had to have previously purchased it, or installed it (if it was a free app), and then it appears in your purchase history, which can sometimes allow you to access an older version of it...But if you just got an iPad2, you can't install old versions of...
see more
540 Views · 15 Comments
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
01/12/18 06:12 PM
One of my favourites to start the New Year https://youtu.be/0pRmZ5pGATs...
see more
68 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/12/18 04:38 PM
Following on from a couple of recent threads I'm wondering if there is a ratio relationship between the let-off butt gap and the dimension of the aftertouch measured at the key using a slip gauge? Is the ratio the same as the key to hammer ratio? Ian...
see more
121 Views · 0 Comments
01/12/18 04:33 PM
The catch was used in that period to stop little Dresdens dropping bits of Dresden Stollen into the piano. These days I found enough potato crisps, to fill half a bag, in the action of our church upright. Ian...
see more
235 Views · 4 Comments
01/12/18 04:06 PM
It sounds like a ghettoblaster thrown in a wooden box. For me it was less "boxy" if I lowered the volume to 20%....
see more
34,945 Views · 446 Comments
01/12/18 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesTrue, but in the case of the Disclavier models there is also an iron plate and strings, so no ability to place an amp/speakers inside. With these shells, however, there's plenty of space for mounting a pretty impressive self-contained sound syste...
see more
495 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
01/12/18 02:41 PM
My new Schimmel K219T...
see more
48 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
01/12/18 02:12 PM
@Terry Michael, you are of a very nice heart! You know? In our country, the sort of music performed with these instruments is so rare. To find a good instrument is not easy. Pianos, keyboards, guitars are more popular here. However, a lot of people have pianos in their living roo...
see more
1,040 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/12/18 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Iaroslav VasilievOriginally Posted by johan dchordprog? I'm not sure, sorry, can't remember now. Better Ears for Beginners I'm not sure if this is the one you were referring to, Iaroslav, but it does quiz chord progressions. (Good reminder for me to use it...
see more
544 Views · 11 Comments
01/12/18 11:20 AM
Peter, On my piano the jack does return after lifting the key 1/3 way up, but only if I do this quickly as when playing a trill. I had thought that with correct back check positioning the jack would always have clearance without sliding along the "tail" leather of th...
see more
316 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
01/12/18 09:00 AM
In a full rebuild, Steinways will, depending on the age of the piano: Replace the soundboard Replace the tuning plank Re-cap the original bridges Replace the action stack Replace the damper action Repolish the original finish in high gloss or satin They will sometimes replac...
see more
1,588 Views · 46 Comments
01/12/18 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesThanks for the info Peter! My local gym also has Les Mills programs, however my wife and I have only ever done the studio work-outs (Body Pump, Body Fit..something like that?). It's been a while since we went to a session, so I'll have to suggest...
see more
583 Views · 6 Comments
01/12/18 04:01 AM
Hello Zac, If you're using a Mac, latency should be less of an issue. I expect the output connector on the laptop will be a stereo 1/8" output, while the AvantGrand probably uses separate L/R 1/4" Line In connectors, so you will need a cable with the correct connector...
see more
197 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
01/12/18 02:42 AM
c1922 Bluthner Style XI 270cm ...
see more
67 Views · 0 Comments
01/12/18 02:15 AM
The situation is a bit more complicated: . . . Even if you start with a good condenser microphone, its analog output signal is going to be . . . digitized, so that Skype can transmit it. Skype won't use a high-resolution / high-sample-rate signal from an "audio interface&...
see more
965 Views · 35 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/12/18 01:30 AM
This is the sign up thread for the Debussy themed recital! Signups are optional, but serve to inform others of your intention to participate and generate interest. 2018 marks the 100th anniversary of the death of Debussy, so we are remembering him by performing his music. To ad...
see more
635 Views · 20 Comments
01/12/18 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by pianopi You did a great job on the Gladiolus. Thanks for posting it! One thing - do you feel the playing could get much bigger around measures 11 to 14 in the B section? To me, it feels like it really wants to explode with exuberance at that part. The whole...
see more
1,000 Views · 24 Comments
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stephen Heller - Etude Op.45 no.9 (WIP)
by hyena. 01/16/18 07:14 AM
action and regulation books
by musicbased. 01/16/18 02:05 AM
Buzzes, help !
by Piano Valentine. 01/15/18 09:18 PM
Hi. It’s been awhile. . .
by JeanieA. 01/15/18 08:39 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,807
Posts2,687,525
Members89,460
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission