Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
113 registered members (36251, augustm, ando, Allan Wind, Almaviva, 30 invisible), 1,996 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
10/19/17 06:26 AM
The question is fair: these 2 chords, as written, drop out of style - sound more jazzy. The problem, however, is in wrong printed notes in melody; Clapton sings " Way-ting By Your Side " on G# -- E-E F#- E E-- . In other version: G#-- G- EE E-- BTW , in second mea...
see more
396 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
10/19/17 06:15 AM
jjjkay: The Adult Beginners' Forum is a more appropriate forum for your post, but here is my reply which I have also posted in the ABF: Originally Posted by jjjkayI've been lurking here a while but finally decided to post. I am originally a guitarist who a few years ago decided...
see more
308 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
10/19/17 02:52 AM
18 Oct.2017 ...
see more
948 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
10/19/17 02:10 AM
You describe this six year old as challenging, issues, short attention span, and a little bit of an attitude. You had nothing nice to say about her other than being sweet. But yet you think the mother's words were so nice considering that "happens so seldom these days.&qu...
see more
1,087 Views · 18 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/19/17 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by FarehamI was involved in the recording of Berlioz's Trojans in 1970 as a 'gofer'. All the recordings were done on synchronised Revox 8 track reel-to-reel tape recorders running at 15 inches per second, giving 24 tracks in all - each one linked to a cardioid m...
see more
1,006 Views · 21 Comments
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
10/18/17 09:30 PM
We are now looking into two options for Germany 2018: A music academy in Sankt Goar, and Nürnberg, with a location to be determined. Since these European Piano Parties originate from the Adult Beginners Forum, I have started a new thread there. http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbth...
see more
628 Views · 10 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
10/18/17 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by sonicblasphemyDo you think that all TP/8 (piano/synth/organ) models are the same? I mean, Artis 7 feels like Electro 5D? Not at all. Artis 7 (TP8) does not feel like NE5D (TP8O), the keys are even shaped and sized differently. For example, besides the obvious...
see more
603 Views · 14 Comments
10/18/17 08:51 PM
I still have serious trouble getting quiet trills on my Kawai CS-11. Could be just me, I've only played for a few years, but I can do a lot better on an actual grand piano. Part of it might be because the touch is lighter on a grand with sustain pedal down. But still, getting pp ...
see more
780 Views · 11 Comments
10/18/17 08:15 PM
Found this on YouTube and can only describe it as bizarre and awesome and worth sharing. Start the video from 1min 35 V.A.T.J.T.I.. (excerpt) - Vangelis (Evangelos Odysseas Papathanasiou)...
see more
121 Views · 0 Comments
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
10/18/17 06:23 PM
Dear friend, Would you like to participate in a piano composition competition from your house? No matter how far you are The Eight Piano Composition Competition Fidelio via The Internet is open for registration. In case you want to participate you are very welcome. As usual, ...
see more
57 Views · 0 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/18/17 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Iaroslav Vasiliev Speaking about comfortable movements I mean that there are more natural movements, for which our bodies are well adapted (like gripping, for example) Yes, and caressing....
see more
1,200 Views · 40 Comments
10/18/17 03:44 PM
I really like The Grandeur (Native Instruments). The sound is a nice fit somewhere between vintage and modern steinway. To me, it sounds just like some of the pianos in my favorite CD recordings and has some relatively modern technology. I'd love it if it had mixable mic position...
see more
715 Views · 9 Comments
10/18/17 03:40 PM
I've had 2 Kawai DPs and both had minor issues when new. Kawai's phone support is very good, and both times they had an organ repair technician come to my house to fix the instrument in a reasonable amount of time. I'm still having an issue with my second piano, and Kawai has bee...
see more
896 Views · 14 Comments
10/18/17 03:32 PM
Not yet - it was late, and I obviously hadn't played a piano in a few months so I couldn't really give it a good test. They did say I could let them know if anything comes up, but at this point I'd rather just pay to have the right kind of technician to do it right. Since a) nob...
see more
1,314 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/18/17 03:26 PM
Thanks to my master thesis wrapping up I have been quite busy and unable to play much for the last two months... I better get my rear into gear!...
see more
144 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
10/18/17 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Erwin DeleuxDear Joseph, Thanks for your kind words. I'll send you an email about the score- being new here, I'm still finding out how this site works. Friendly greetings, Erwin Hi Erwin, You being new here, I should let you know that this forum is f...
see more
821 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Forum
10/18/17 02:33 PM
The latest on the restoration effort. The action is done, dampers are done. The key bushings all needed to be replaced. The restorer has done so, but needs to ease some tight bushings. Last year he inherited his father's piano business that includes rentals for venues, etc. ...
see more
4,276 Views · 23 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/18/17 01:45 PM
Tempo always a problem although with lots of scales work and pushing with metronome it's better than last year. Right now, 3 against 4 is a true challenge. I didn't master the Spanish piece enough to upload it. I'm working at it from the break it into 12 counts and that is he...
see more
800 Views · 21 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
10/18/17 10:11 AM
The Puerto Rican Danza is a musical form with a distinct structure and rhythm, we consider it our national music. This one in particular is titled Recuerdos de Borinquen, I translate this as "Reminders of Borinquen" The name Borinquen is the Spanish-ized version of the...
see more
59 Views · 0 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/18/17 09:45 AM
Welcome back. The love of music is a strong one. Best to you....
see more
556 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
10/18/17 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by Chili_Time So can I ask you all a question? What traits do you think makes a good adult student? Be on time, be polite, listen, don’t try to rush the process, trust the method, what else? Practise! ...
see more
1,750 Views · 29 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
10/18/17 09:33 AM
I think there are notes a little sharp: 3rd from bottom and final two. Also a couple of slightly off unisons still, but it is quick....
see more
461 Views · 9 Comments
10/18/17 09:31 AM
Thanks, Sam -- that might do the trick!...
see more
180 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
10/18/17 08:30 AM
It is just necessary to clarify: I have written the very first step, which immediately turns the rhythmic and articulatory aspect of playing in the direction of jazz; but "swing eighths" - a whole complex of phenomena relating to historical development of jazz....
see more
324 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/18/17 08:04 AM
The best option for this forum is, as MusicaMusique wrote above, to not link to an image on another site, but to upload the image to the forum here, and then link to that uploaded image. That has the additional advantage that the post with the image will still work many years fro...
see more
247 Views · 10 Comments
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha YUS5 & Bosendorfer 130
by PaulieGB. 10/22/17 04:48 PM
The Art of Developing a Solo -the Music of Lyle Mays
by Dfrankjazz. 10/22/17 04:11 PM
Any sheet music computer software programs...?
by Pologuy. 10/22/17 04:02 PM
Roland D-05
by TonyB. 10/22/17 01:24 PM
New Roland FP30 with an annoying detail =(
by Pianero. 10/22/17 12:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,426
Posts2,666,470
Members89,024
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission