Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
113 registered members (alfredo capurso, Albunea, anotherscott, 36251, agraffe, Alexank, 31 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
05/25/17 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Silver HandprintMulti-year search for my ideal upright: Steingraeber 138K with SFM Your upright sounds so beautiful in your recording here: https://soundcloud.com/user-104234271/traumerei What a lovely tone. Thanks so much for sharing....
see more
1,049 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
05/25/17 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by MorodieneFWIW, it is traditional that piano student can improvise and compose. Many great pianists were also great improvisers and composers! I second the advise to let both teachers know that they're studying with someone else and what those distinct roles...
see more
553 Views · 13 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegroHow do I edit the typo in my post? I think there used to be an Edit button. There still is an "Edit" button and, as before, it is only available for a limited time after a post has been made. Once that time has elapsed, the edit func...
see more
724 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
05/25/17 04:57 AM
Unless you plan on having closed drapes all of the time, do take into account the windows and where the sun will be coming in at different times of the year. Direct sun can fade finishes and cause extra heat on the surfaces....
see more
247 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
05/25/17 03:15 AM
If I'm not mistaken the KS models were made in the later 1970s / early 1980s. They were the main line of Kawai upright pianos, very high quality. But after this many years, condition and history mean much more than original 'specs.' Have the piano checked by an independent techn...
see more
130 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
05/25/17 03:06 AM
Congratulations - beautiful! It is such a joy to have a piano that you love, and can play to your heart's content....
see more
1,028 Views · 35 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/25/17 02:44 AM
At what frequency (approx) is this overtone...above or below the F? Is it possibly a plate ring? To find out, first tap all the struts with your finger to see if there is any ringing coming from any one. If one is found, grasp it firmly with one hand and play offending note(s) w...
see more
258 Views · 7 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
05/25/17 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by phositaKJ, I am honored honoured by your presence. Why thank you. Happy to help!...
see more
345 Views · 7 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 02:17 AM
According to this post by bernhard Op 2/3, Adagio (mvt 2) has been graded 7 by ABRSM in the past....
see more
816 Views · 23 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 01:16 AM
I have heard Horowitz live at least ten times. I stood in line at the Met and stood in the back when I was a student every time he was there. I traveled to Boston when he played there. There was nothing like Horowitz, even in his 80s. The Rachmaninoff was considerably worse l...
see more
34,280 Views · 53 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 12:06 AM
So true. It is so easy to play blindingly fast ornaments on my clavichord whose key dip is 2mm and downweight of 5gm. I have to modify the ornaments, or play the piece more slowly on my piano. Both sound historically accurate though, given that Bach didn't seem to care what in...
see more
449 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
05/24/17 11:59 PM
I used to play this all of the time in a jazz trio. I was the drummer then. It is counted as" 1-2-3-1-2. 1-2-3-1-2. I played it as a swing, sort of like: 1-2.&3-1-2. The bass drum plays on both 1:s....
see more
266 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 11:00 PM
Last week’s goal Finish: Gurlitt's First Lessons Op. 117 #1-#4, Mikrocosmos #1-#23: achieved. This week's goals Start on: Mikrocosmos #33. I was going a bit too fast through this. I've got some easier material that I have yet to play, so I'll focus most of my attention on tha...
see more
585,677 Views · 995 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 10:59 PM
Here's a page from an old Music Trade Review that describes E.H. Crell as Detmer's superintendent. Crell and Detmer...
see more
386 Views · 8 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 10:46 PM
There was a similar thread a few years ago, and I linked this Pink Panther cartoon. Piano scene starts at about 2 minutes. ...
see more
11,158 Views · 79 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 09:39 PM
One of my compositions sort of has a sad story to it. One day, a bird (a sparrow, I think) accidentally flew into the house, and on the way out flew against the window. It didn't die yet, but was hurt and could no longer fly. I picked it up, tried to get it out of the house, bu...
see more
746 Views · 21 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
05/24/17 08:41 PM
Assas2...
see more
11 Views · 0 Comments
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
05/24/17 08:34 PM
Inviting all pianists to take part in the 2017 NYIYMC Competitions! The New York International Young Musicians Competition proudly presents its 2017 International Piano Solo, Concerto, and Ensemble Competitions for pianists of all nationalities, 18 and under. The NYIYMC has bee...
see more
65 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
05/24/17 08:26 PM
Assas...
see more
10 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/24/17 08:23 PM
Even the venue looks intimidating for those of us who have never performed in competitions except in local church halls! It must be the photographer's failure to compensate for the fluorescent lighting that gives this second photograph such a bilious tone! Regards, ...
see more
434 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:52 PM
Hi Clef, don't feel bad. I have also gotten lost in old threads, unaware of the late date. Your response was fresh and compassionate, and if not exactly timely, then not untimely either. What you have to share is always worth a read....
see more
1,495 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the input so far. I realize its a niche/collector type of thing and i'm certainly not looking to get rich off it. I think I paid around $600 for it many years ago. If I could get that out of it i'd be happy....
see more
287 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:33 PM
I recall that one of the changes leading up to the RX-2 was a change to the plate to make room for rear duplex. The very last of the KG-2's had rear duplex though that was not present originally. While the RX-2 has numerous changes and upgrades from the KG-2, the transition f...
see more
300 Views · 6 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/24/17 05:12 PM
I went to a performance of the same program by Perahia about a month ago. My favourites were the Bach Suite and Mozart Rondo. The Beethoven didn't have enough teeth for my tastes but who am I do criticize?...
see more
245 Views · 1 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/24/17 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by P3T3RIn the Op10 no 2 ballade, my hand is to small for some of the RH chords. I've been arpeggiating them since some of them are marked that way already. Playing around with it yesterday, I realized that I could use my LH for these instead. I wonder if tha...
see more
632 Views · 9 Comments
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Line out jack or Headphone output?
by CMDVN. 05/27/17 05:09 PM
Grand piano on marble floor?
by B Man. 05/27/17 02:49 PM
Sheet music or fakebooks
by dat77. 05/27/17 01:50 PM
Line out jack or Headphone output?
by CMDVN. 05/27/17 01:39 PM
Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES 110?
by CMDVN. 05/27/17 12:50 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,921
Posts2,630,338
Members87,901
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission