Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
139 registered members (ando, aliao, agraffe, Averasboro, BachToTheFuture, anotherscott, 31 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 01:56 AM
It is not an Asian piano. It is an Asian design made in the Everett plant in Michigan....
see more
128 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 01:22 AM
If we knew more about your location, we might be able to give better advice. If you are in the United States, and your U1 is about 15 years old and in good condition, I thnk you should be able to get $3,000 for it without too much difficulty. Piano stores in my state (Utah) sell...
see more
533 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Forum
05/20/17 10:58 PM
The issue with the videos is with the ones that include the extra information about who's list it came from. If the link is just a basic YouTube link like this one (the code looks like this: https://youtu.be/IL_IeQb65XU ) it should work fine (and yes that's me, at NAMM in 20...
see more
900 Views · 36 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by dancingfishAnother option is to use tyvek instead of paper for the label, and it shouldn't need the tape. I like the idea of using twist ties, or perhaps small zip ties, as I think you'd be able to fold the book back on itself still, if needed. I thought I'd...
see more
529 Views · 27 Comments
Composer's Lounge
05/20/17 10:00 PM
Some new pieces from me: hope you enjoy them and feel free to comment. https://soundcloud.com/simon-hester-sistermusic/sets/time-pieces...
see more
32 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
05/20/17 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by SaranoyaHi Gary First of all, my sincere thanks for your detailed and thoughtful response. Your posts are often like that, but I get the impression that you sometimes think people here don't appreciate it. Most don't, to be honest. Quote If it is indeed unl...
see more
3,026 Views · 71 Comments
Piano Forum
05/20/17 07:06 PM
Although this piano is only 10 years old, the few comments about the dusty soundboard, scatches and the last tuning being 3 years ago, do not suggest that this piano has been well looked after or maintained. Only a professional technician can give you a thorough assessment of th...
see more
268 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by DutchTeaThanks, Morodiene. I know tension is one of my big problems. I am the one with the pinky that stands at attention. I think today I will really focus of relaxed s-l-o-w playing and see what happens. Instead of trying to not let the finger stand up, p...
see more
10,505 Views · 28 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/20/17 06:41 PM
If you are at retirement age, the strings should last the rest of your life. If the regulation has been done at least once since the restoration, you can probably get by with once every 5 years. Hammer voicing should be touched up from time to time, especially after regulation. ...
see more
97 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
05/20/17 06:38 PM
That's just ruined my supper ... Fareham...
see more
787 Views · 28 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
05/20/17 06:30 PM
Just keep in mind that you'll probably still have the issue with others hearing the thudding when you are practicing with headphones. That's just the nature of a piano-like action, although some are better than others. Here is a recent thread where someone purchased sound-reduc...
see more
189 Views · 2 Comments
05/20/17 06:19 PM
Thanks again everyone here who helped me. My mom thanks you too! I figured it out thanks to your help. It works great!...
see more
350 Views · 17 Comments
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
05/20/17 05:27 PM
We saw Van Cliburn gold medalist Alexander Kobrin last evening at Downtown Pianoworks. He played four Beethoven Sonatas on a new CFX Yamaha concert grand they had in the room. Mr. Kobrin explained that he was embarking on an 18-month project to play and record all 32 Beethoven So...
see more
36,775 Views · 22 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistOriginally Posted by MuoveOriginally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistOriginally Posted by MuoveIt was an exam on my music school. Probably equivalent to an abrsm grade 3 exam? I had to play two short pieces. It couldn't have lasted more than five minu...
see more
511 Views · 13 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/20/17 04:49 PM
I didn't get that impression either. If the OP is doing it just for fun and experience, he can say so. Regards,...
see more
232 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 04:22 PM
Hi DutchTea, I really like the Piano-ologist site. Lots of interesting ideas, though some I pass on. He covers lots of topics that I'm interested in....
see more
253 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/20/17 03:13 PM
Can't help but imagine if their choice would have remained the same if the name brand of the piano had been concealed??...
see more
269 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
05/20/17 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jim BrickmanThanks so much for running this site and keeping it active for 20 years! What an amazing accomplishment and contribution for the piano community! Wow! Thank for posting here Jim. I have provided pianos for you several times and you always report...
see more
42,453 Views · 31 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by SaranoyaOriginally Posted by EliseVWhizbang - you sound very familiar with these. For our own use only, which of these might you recommend (and why?)? Can I even buy them over-the-counter, as it were, without belonging to any of these organizations or being a...
see more
1,039 Views · 60 Comments
05/20/17 12:52 PM
I'm curious to know whether the ES110 behaves the same way. The "trick" is of limited value, though, as the speakers can't really handle the bass at the higher volume, IIRC....
see more
391 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
05/20/17 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by pianoloverusOriginally Posted by TararexOP's preferences seem to point towards a piano capable of holding up to powerful pieces while keeping overtones to a minimum. This is exactly the type of piano I would prefer. I've only played around with two Estonia...
see more
1,024 Views · 27 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/20/17 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Rosewood17Originally Posted by sara elizabethI'm so sorry to hear of all your recent troubles. Life can be so hard sometimes. I am also a cat lady and my kitties seem to enjoy piano as well. I have just obtained a larger bench, so now he sits next to me inst...
see more
3,922 Views · 127 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
05/20/17 11:49 AM
PianoPig ,you can be absolutely calm - everything is very professional! From myself I will add that the internal mechanism of the phrase, and not only relation to harmony, can be interesting for students; for example, in The COOLEST Jazz Lick highlight the inner polyphony creat...
see more
166 Views · 3 Comments
Composer's Lounge
05/20/17 10:50 AM
https://youtu.be/SdyCH-pvdzg...
see more
27 Views · 0 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
05/20/17 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by hreichgottIt would probably be good manners if people would share in the opening post how much editing they have done to recordings posted here. We know that many recordings are edited nowadays, but depending on the amount of editing, we might have a differen...
see more
474 Views · 10 Comments
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Scarlatti repeated notes
by estelleroux. 05/22/17 02:32 PM
Light out on RD800
by Averasboro. 05/22/17 02:20 PM
Casio GP 300vs400vs500
by Nordomus. 05/22/17 01:54 PM
Adding sounds to a church organ through midi
by Bellyman. 05/22/17 12:18 PM
thorough technician didn't comment on sound
by pmarc. 05/22/17 11:33 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,816
Posts2,628,720
Members87,835
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission