Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
106 registered members (Amedeus, ando, anamnesis, accordeur, anotherscott, 31 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Member Recordings
Yesterday at 02:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaqZ1CTlko Toto Cutugno - L'italiano (roland fp 90 original internal sound)...
see more
7 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by dogpersonEmenelton I'm impressed that you remembered the name of this old song.... it was driving me crazy because I knew it was something familiar Here is Linda Ronstadt's recording https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ai97gvwZJyc It was a ghost coming thro...
see more
257 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by UnderConstructionOriginally Posted by Beemer You can test the tensions by using the lever to put very slight pressure on the pin, in a direction towards or away from the pin-block. The lever should first be set so that the handle is parallel to the strings ...
see more
746 Views · 14 Comments
Member Recordings
Yesterday at 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Il...35wl04t1aokglz3usohjot3ckjfrtvcrk0h00410 The Christmas song - arranged by Nikki Iles roland fp 90 + pianoteq 6...
see more
18 Views · 0 Comments
Member Recordings
Yesterday at 02:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0gD3DbwFD8 Noel nouvelet - arr. Nikki iles roland fp 90 + pianoteq 6...
see more
6 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 01:55 PM
The SX series uses some kind of artificial ageing process for the rims, and a different hammer, which they claim gives the piano a warmer tone than the standard models. I don't know, but to my ear, there are minor differences between Yamaha pianos, but somehow they always end u...
see more
389 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:12 AM
Sweety Nord! And sennheizer headphones?...
see more
1,135,424 Views · 971 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 10:06 AM
My least favourite ones are the Grand Lady D and Imperial Grand. They all sound good when listening but I had a Nord Piano for quite a while. I really disliked those two. My favourite by far was the Italian Grand but I also liked the Studio Grand 2. If I was out gigging I'd pro...
see more
184 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:56 AM
Thanks Sam! I love the index and refer to it often. I appreciate the work you do to keep it up to date!...
see more
132 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by tonyster220763Amazing. But whatever happened to Stefan Knüpfer (Mr. Pianomania)??? He is alive and well and still working for Steinway in Vienna, albeit less so in regular work for the Konzerthaus and the Musikvereinssaal. He is teaching the Steinway techni...
see more
1,843 Views · 35 Comments
Yesterday at 03:21 AM
Right under the box where you write a replay, there is a pop-up menu titled "Hop To."...
see more
347 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by zrtf90When I played this at the piano it sounded much more effective at showing the function of the measure to play the whole chord with the A root than as a C# Diminished. So there's an aural skill. That is, you're doing something aural after your could-be-...
see more
742 Views · 30 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
11/17/17 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by hreichgott Any piece is going to feel rusty when you first take it out after a period of rest. Having a library of 60 pieces that are beautifully polished and concert-ready at all times is unrealistic for most of us, unless the pieces are very easy. But a pi...
see more
581 Views · 10 Comments
Help Wanted / Positions Wanted (Employment)
11/17/17 05:05 PM
Hello fellow pianists! I’m looking to find a career that better aligns with my passions and interests, which are equal parts piano/music and electronics (this makes digital pianos an especially interesting subject). I’d like to relocate to a city where there would be oppor...
see more
23 Views · 0 Comments
11/17/17 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by lolatuIf you already had a CA98, and someone gave you £5000, is an upgrade to the Novus the best possible way you could think of spending it? +1 Nice way to think about it!...
see more
732 Views · 14 Comments
11/17/17 04:39 PM
This question is inspired by How would YOU categorize the sounds of the top grand pianos? and triggered by current sales by Native Instruments and 8dio From 8dio's site: Quote1928 Steinway Scoring Piano for soft, emotional pianos or maybe our 1990 Studio Yamaha Piano, which is b...
see more
152 Views · 0 Comments
11/17/17 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by JoBertThat's not how you deduct VAT. I think you calculated 8995€ - 21% = 7106€ = (currently) 8388$ --- at least that comes close to your calculation, with the current eur/$ rate, so I guess that's what you did. Correct is 8995€ / 1.21 = 7434€ = (cu...
see more
12,566 Views · 213 Comments
Piano Forum
11/17/17 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwwBL-Mqsd8&sns=em...
see more
210 Views · 0 Comments
11/17/17 03:02 PM
Very good info from the Piano Technicians Guild. For the most part commercial products not needed. Must read before applying anything to your finish http://www.ptg.org/Scripts/4Disapi...._Document&DocID=60&MenuKey=Menu8...
see more
356 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
11/17/17 02:57 PM
I've been working on "Chiapanecas" page 120 for a few weeks now trying to get up to tempo, and looking forward to turning the page....
see more
49,932,197 Views · 7,622 Comments
Member Recordings
11/17/17 02:57 PM
I would like to take some classes but I can pay them with cryptocurrencies, you allow me...
see more
142 Views · 1 Comments
Links to Additional Sources
11/17/17 02:49 PM
Thanks for the tutorial it´s very nice...
see more
897 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
11/17/17 02:08 PM
The velocity from 6 to 7 in RCM is also a big jump. Speed has never been a friend to me in piano but I've increased substantially...just not close yet. The level 7 etudes are all about speed. Also memorization is a must. I'm thinking at least 2 years of intense work....
see more
73,494 Views · 436 Comments
11/17/17 11:41 AM
dogperson, thanks, have already contacted Sr.Minetti. unfortunately the stock digital models he modifies are in the just-o.k. tier of instruments, and his custom work more than doubles the price of the stock keyboard while voiding its warranty. still considering that option, wh...
see more
261 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
11/17/17 08:26 AM
Is it a genuine Blüthner piano?...
see more
14 Views · 0 Comments
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Should I hear beating with my stretch?
by Beemer. 11/19/17 01:16 PM
A Safety Tip
by DavidWB. 11/19/17 01:05 PM
What to call the Inferior?
by WhoDwaldi. 11/19/17 12:48 PM
Need help with Schubert D784 Movement 1
by AviChak. 11/19/17 12:47 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,841
Posts2,672,918
Members89,159
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission