Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
108 registered members (Agent88, ando, anotherscott, alfredo capurso, 36251, Almaviva, 31 invisible), 1,863 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
3 hours ago
Dear Bennevis, Yes, I agree with what you said here. But!! Just as most people are not great pianists by nature, the same is with sight reading. Great pianists tend to naturally have several things that are also necessary in good sight reading. They tend to have a good mental i...
see more
615 Views · 25 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
3 hours ago
I'm grateful to bsntn99 for announcing this €25 sale for Production Grand. I've bought this a few days after getting the Garritan CFX lite. They are very complementary and will probably mean I'll never need to get another piano. They cover a lot of ground between them. Garrita...
see more
821 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
I have tried Grotrian also. They were good but i preferred the Sauter, which had/has richer, warmer tone. Of course this is personal taste. The price difference between Sauter and Grotrian is not big. Perhaps time for a new thread? I will start one. Let us end this one. All the ...
see more
6,885 Views · 61 Comments
Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
K.201 is an early masterpiece by Mozart; up there with Symphony no.25 as the best of the earlier symphonies. As well as the marvelous 2nd movement, the 1st movement is fabulous. I don't think I've ever played a Mozart symphony transcription before, but I think I'll have a play ...
see more
137 Views · 3 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by spanishbuddhaBuy a stand? You can get rock solid, and foldable and portable, ones for easily less that $100. +1. There's a widely-quoted "standard" (with arguments, of course): . . . In playing position, your elbows should be a few inches higher ...
see more
127 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
4 hours ago
Swinging eighths originate from the rhythm of English in its African-American version - a triplet feeling that is clearly expressed in the rhythm of the blues - 12/8 (many African rhythms are on triplet basis). Hence, the written pair of eighths is executed in a ratio of a quart...
see more
58 Views · 1 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
Recently I was on a cruise trip with a travel group. There was a piano with a paid entertainer playing on schedule. I was teased by some group members: "You told us you enjoy playing the piano, can you play something now??" Someone even went up to the entertainer and...
see more
732 Views · 28 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
4 hours ago
Thanks BDB for the reply. Building new pivot blocks is probably the most professional solution...but a little beyond my carpentry skills. I ended up putting a C-clamp around the pivot area that was coming apart. Seems to be working well so far. Knock on wood. It just needed a lit...
see more
68 Views · 2 Comments
4 hours ago
The Gingerbread Players of St. Luke's Church in Forest Hills, Queens, are looking for a new music director/accompanist for our annual spring musical. This year's show is "Little Women" using authentic songs of the period. Rehearsals, on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, b...
see more
23 Views · 0 Comments
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by sonicblasphemyI belive that Roland really listened their customer's voices by resizing this board's keybed (730 option) but I personally don't think it needed all that space. It's all about design style IMO and nord is my proof for that. Those longer keys (if...
see more
408 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Rich GalassiniOriginally Posted by Michael.Could be, pianos can be used as weapons. Yes they can, Michael. The biggest mistake some criminals make? They bring a gun to a piano fight: https://youtu.be/4NLWPkwn0Fc Rich, you give new meaning to the phrase ...
see more
519 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by scriabinfanaticEpee - I see what you mean. The score I have -- a 1930 Marks Music Corp. edition -- has no fingerings at all. Sorry. My copy which I dated when I purchased it (I did that, in those days), November 6, 1954, is also the Edward B. Marks Music C...
see more
361 Views · 21 Comments
7 hours ago
And that difference will be even more audible in the tenor section when calculated substitutions of Paulello Type1 and/or Type O wires have been made for the original specifications....
see more
675 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
7 hours ago
Thank you very much, Rich! Do you have any personal experience with this brand of pianos? Originally Posted by Rich GalassiniI have access to a book and a database (as many others here have). For most pianos, if we have the serial number we can give you the age. ...
see more
179 Views · 4 Comments
7 hours ago
The Bullard patent held the hammer butt in place, and that helped prevent double-striking. Some of the others do not, the ones that just have a spring to the butt flange area....
see more
467 Views · 22 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
9 hours ago
>I cannot view your pics unless I send photobucket $399.00 a YEAR Sad story Keep calm and look other photos...
see more
1,127,301 Views · 952 Comments
Pianist Corner
9 hours ago
Exactly, like in "A Dog's Purpose". (sorry just had to.....)...
see more
425 Views · 10 Comments
Pianist Corner
10 hours ago
Here is the first part of the concert where he plays Mompou's Variations on Chopin's A major Prelude. About half the audience is seated on the floor around the piano. https://www.facebook.com/welt/videos/10156087194238115/...
see more
138 Views · 1 Comments
10 hours ago
I would never buy a CVPx01. The low end CVP has the high price ensemble features coupled with the cheapest, low end Clavinova keyboard and tone generator. A worst buy, IMO....
see more
246 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
11 hours ago
Men with wide fingers have to adduct the wrists in order to press white keys between black. (Rotate right hand clockwise, left hand counter clockwise.) With practice it soon becomes habitual....
see more
76 Views · 1 Comments
11 hours ago
Totally agree with Adypiano; not a proper unison among 'em!...
see more
209 Views · 5 Comments
11 hours ago
The clavia/nord keyboards are indeed nice, but are considerably outside of the OP's budget. I agree that the best option for the OP would be a bit budget keyboard like the kawai es110 or the Roland FP30 driving a computer running pianoteq . Assuming that the OP has access to a ...
see more
295 Views · 13 Comments
12 hours ago
Pianist Corner - Non-Classical? Ian...
see more
86 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
12 hours ago
¡Gracias! BTW ...
see more
150 Views · 4 Comments
Member Recordings - Non Classical Pianist Corner
15 hours ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwc9XSuocm0 Solo piano version of Bob Dylan's classic song....
see more
6 Views · 0 Comments
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Baldwin Pianos
by Mickey24. 10/16/17 07:24 PM
Time signature Question
by NuggetSC. 10/16/17 06:58 PM
How to attach a picture
by NuggetSC. 10/16/17 06:11 PM
European versus North American piano ratings
by Hermerik. 10/16/17 04:40 PM
The spooky one month to recital thread!
by Monica K.. 10/16/17 03:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,331
Posts2,665,036
Members88,982
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission