Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
129 registered (alexcawley, 36251, ajames, AdrianR, Almaviva, alwatson, 28 invisible), 1446 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Roy123 @ 1 minute 46 seconds ago

I dipped back into this thread after an absence of several days, and I must say, I wish I hadn't. The level of doodoo that's been shoveled is almost beyond belief. The theory of the linear (additive) combination of tones is really quite simple and p
Jump to new posts Re: Badly stored Steinway upright by P W Grey @ 2 minutes 10 seconds ago

It is very likely to have a "verdigris" problem in the action. This is PROBABLY why some keys don't work well. Verdigris can be treated, but not cured, except with complete replacement of parts. If you are expecting a minimal funds input,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Tokyo, Took Pictures of Lots of Keyboards by Scooby Hoo @ 4 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By newer playerMakes it a bit odd to walk into a NYC music superstore with "only" a few dozen digital pianos-synthesizers on the floor. The internet has not yet decimated traditional retail in Tokyo, so visit before poor
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MIT Piano Drop by BDB @ 5 minutes 1 second ago

If it were a Phoenix, it would rise from the ashes.
Jump to new posts Re: What is my Yamaha C3 B 1793575 worth? by P W Grey @ 9 minutes 17 seconds ago

I think terminaldegree is pretty much right on the "money". It will come down to what similar choices are currently available in a reasonable area. Pwg
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Perzina 130 Street Price by terminaldegree @ 16 minutes 50 seconds ago

The quality of "free" tunings is rather variable, and I suspect "free" voicing or regulation even moreso. Some dealers send their best available techs, while many send fairly "green" ones who you don't want messing aroun
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by P W Grey @ 20 minutes 1 second ago

Austin, The very fact that she had no success selling it, despite the supposed appraisal, should tell you something important. Unless you consider working for about $5/hr "making money", you have made a mistake (respectfully). But...you d
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by kbrod1 @ 24 minutes 17 seconds ago

Sorry, but many musicians didn't respect Gieseking for that reason and rightly so. Listened to the Sokolov performance several times today and really enjoyed it. At first I found his playing of the espressivo section in the first movement a bit slow.
Jump to new posts Re: Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? by P W Grey @ 25 minutes 43 seconds ago

John, What EXACTLY do you mean by dust collection? Pwg
Jump to new posts Re: A 'Single' Note That Sounds Different When Moving Your Ears by P W Grey @ 29 minutes 46 seconds ago

Poorly mated hammers/strings is definitely something that should get corrected, as they will unquestionably produce weird sounds. I had precisely that situation on an otherwise very nice upright. "Nasal" sound on certain tenor notes. Mated
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By MarieJ Wuffski, as no-one has really answered your question yet, here are some suggested links as requested. For the record, Einaudi describes his music as 'ambient classical'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcihcYEOeic http
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by ajames @ Today at 06:34 PM

I used to have a queen size bed in this room (yes it was very crowded). Without the bed, the piano ('69 Kawai model 350) was a bit too loud, so I added the shag throws and the acoustic foam and that really helped. Partially finished clavichord on t
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1999 yamaha S6 by BDB @ Today at 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By PianoWorksATLNow, in comparing the S6 vs. C2x, investigate the S6 fully, try it, have it inspected, etc. It has great potential, but might need a top tech and some time to get it to its full potential. Budget for that, too. R
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Tempi in Brahms 117.1 by wr @ Today at 06:11 PM

"Più andante" taken by itself is strange because it could mean either faster or slower, depending on how the composer uses "andante". Many composers seem to see it as one of the slower tempo markings, so it is reasonable to inte
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why relaxation is fundamental to artistry by Ralphiano @ Today at 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By RichrfIt is not about activating muscles. It is about allowing energy to flow. Wrong. Playing piano is about activating muscles, and better piano playing is about better activation of those muscles. All of your wishes notwithst
Jump to new posts Sampletekk Black 70% off by TheodorN @ Today at 06:03 PM

On Big Fish Audio. Seems like a good offer, considering it runs on the free Kontakt Player.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by Pianoperformance @ Today at 06:01 PM

Haha Sam.
Pianist Corner
In my language it is common to refer to the classical period as classism (or Viennese classism) and use classical music to mean "western art music" or whatever term would be best to describe something that is difficult to label and define p
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano 3rd party sample library [b][/b] by Kakaze74 @ Today at 05:37 PM

I will check that out. Thanks
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by chrisyip789 @ Today at 05:27 PM

Hi I'm Chris and I have a question Out of these three concertos: Grieg Piano Concerto in A Minor, Franck Symphonic Variations and Mendelssohn Piano Concerto No.1 in G Minor, what is the order of difficulty? Thanks
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By lluisclCongratulations Del. Your small grand sounds great, incredibly treble. How is posible to get your epoxy SB article? Best, Lluís (piano restorer) You can get the original version by sending me an email requesting it. I'm
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By J van EAnyway, I am having a ball! When I am at work I can't wait to get home and get behind the piano! Well, that is OVER half the battle. If you can sustain that enthusiasm, the sky is the limit.
FAQ - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Most Difficult Piano PIece? by chrisyip789 @ Today at 05:21 PM

Out of these three concertos: Grieg Piano Concerto in A Minor, Franck Symphonic Variations and Mendelssohn Piano Concerto No.1 in G Minor, what is the order of difficulty? Thanks
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Think Gould's Technique is Best in History by JohnSprung @ Today at 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By BDB Originally Posted By jonnyboy126the secret is... you play with your ears. Problem with that is the top of my head keeps hitting on the fallboard. It is pretty painful! Hmmm.... Maybe try a digital? ;-)
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by malkin @ Today at 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By CandywomanI think the basic problem is the student doesn't respect the OP. If this is in fact a special needs child, then your approach will essentially be to expect them to not be handicapped whenever
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Sampletekk Black 70% off
by TheodorN
04/28/17 06:03 PM
MIT Piano Drop
by WhoDwaldi
04/28/17 05:35 PM
Possible to disable internal sounds on Yamaha P60 keyboard?
by Fscotte
04/28/17 03:58 PM
In the middle of choosing a piano concerto
by chrisyip789
04/28/17 02:57 PM
In Search Of The World's Greatest Pianos!
by Rich D.
04/28/17 02:54 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,270 Topics
2,620,245 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission