Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
87 registered (Arty Movie, alwatson, augustm, 36251, BachToTheFuture, 7uturu, 22 invisible), 2069 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite piece you learned in the first 6 months? by Isabelle1949 @ 1 minute 45 seconds ago

Debussy's, The Girl with the Flaxen Hair.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Petrof IV 1997/1998 grand piano by Steve Jackson @ 2 minutes 24 seconds ago

If it has the Detoa action, it may be better to avoid it. Take care, Steve
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stand for Yamaha CLP 20 by Isabelle1949 @ 2 minutes 53 seconds ago

I know you guys know about these things. Help!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian pianos outside of Russia by Steve Jackson @ 6 minutes 19 seconds ago

I live in a country full of older Russian pianos. They came during mass Russian immigration. Don't know what story or history could be made from these, but I am sure there are a lot of good stories and history of many Russian pianists who learned a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Suggest a Keyboard under $500 by Swain @ 7 minutes 35 seconds ago

The NP-12 has piano "style" keys, but they are graded soft touch, which are basically semi weighted.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Arty Movie @ 13 minutes 54 seconds ago

Hi If you're referring to the Masterwork Classics Level 1-2 book it has 12 Baroque and 17 Romantic-Contemporary tunes so 29 in total - It starts out with simple 8 bar pieces and most tunes range from 8 to 16-20 bars. They are suitable for a beginne
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My First Lesson - Please Help by keystring @ 18 minutes 18 seconds ago

What you want from a teacher, especially in these circumstances, is this: - she has given you what is being done wrong, in her estimation; this may be a bit like "everything but the kitchen sink" at the moment. - you need what to do right,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Steve Jackson @ 18 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By AJBBy and large I think it is a mistake to compare pianos by brand, where both brands are respectable as is here the case with Schimmel and M&H. You can only tell if it is a real upgrade as a musical instrument by playing it
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with used digital piano under 1000$ by johan d @ 26 minutes 1 second ago

An acoustic is no option? I started off with a digital yamaha YDP62 myself, but was so bored of the sounds that I (get used to) hear. In the beginning it sounded all ok, but after a while that same key sound always the same and it bored me quiet quic
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by daniokeeper @ 35 minutes 38 seconds ago

Raphael, maybe we're using 2 different versions of the Verituner? I am using the version for Netbook. Maybe the Verituner for iPhone is different. Maybe it has more features? Edit: From the Verituner website: Quote: For advanced users who want to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by mom3gram @ 41 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By xyzzyFLBirdgolf - if you haven't already discovered her, search 'tinymotzarts' on YouTube. She demonstrates many of the Alfred's songs also. She actually demonstrates ALL the pieces in Book 1 and Book 2, and also the Greatest H
Jump to new posts Re: VSTs and DAWs by Morodiene @ 45 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By DommieMorodiene and Zilthy, Wow! That was some really good information on MIDI, DAWs, and VSTs. Thank you both for taking the time to go into so much detail. I'm glad that I asked these questions. It shows me that I am probably
Jump to new posts Re: Kontakt by Morodiene @ 54 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By chapi chapoBecause I heard that very large libraries' (15Go+ for one instrument) quality is lowered in kontakt... Not at all! This would be the first I've heard of it, and I've used Kontakt for large libraries with no issues. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Books or videos on correct piano technique by pinkfloydhomer @ 58 minutes 19 seconds ago

Yep. I guess my next question then becomes: Are all teachers created equal? I guess there's a difference between 1) a rather young-ish (but well-educated and skilled, piano-wise) person who is primarily a pianist who does some teaching on the si
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good news and terrible news by WiseBuff @ Today at 06:54 AM

So sorry for your loss. What a wonderful friend you had in Mulder and to find a piano loving cat is a blessing. They are with us such a short time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By CutestpuppieLet's say your learning a piece that is around your skill level. How long roughly does it take to learn the piece not necessarily need to be perfect or anything but be able to play it and confident sorta? ... For myse
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Today at 06:50 AM

I've been preparing pieces for well over a year...hoping to have the nerves not an issue. On Tuesday I played my five RCM exam pieces (2 etudes and 3 repertoire)and they were pretty ok. Not perfect but I'd have felt fine with them in an exam. My le
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by sullivang @ Today at 05:59 AM

Gombessa: Even I, the Believer, accept that they are not "completely different beasts". Even the first version of S.N used some V-Piano tech, for the sustain. Greg.
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Re: Search Feature that works by barbaram @ Today at 05:47 AM

In the meantime, you can use google: if you include site:forum.pianoworld.com as one of your search terms, the results will be restricted to this domain You can achieve the same thing using the advanced search form: https://www.google.com/advanced_
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha 115 vs Roland F140R by alphonsus @ Today at 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By parrudaThank you all for the responses! You've been very helpful I've got one more question. Some friends told me that both Roland FP-30 and F140R are not very good for classical music, being better for rock. Is this true? Tha
Jump to new posts Re: Help me decide by alphonsus @ Today at 05:05 AM

I agree that if OP can afford it, he should buy the best instrument he can. (Although I strongly disagree that something like the CN series, which was suggested as an alternative, is "some occasional cheap digital piano which feels like a toy&qu
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Saddest Piece Ever? by chopinoholic @ Today at 04:49 AM

Arioso Dolente part of op110. That pierces through your soul. The clock striking 10 (when played well) gives me the bumps..
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My piano practice diary by Maik @ Today at 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson I do understand that Alfred's and Fundamental Keys are not exciting, but they do give you the skills you need in a progressive way so that once you learn each skill, you can play more fun music that uses that knowledge
Jump to new posts Re: RHYTHM PATTERNS on the MP7 by lophiomys @ Today at 03:43 AM

As one of the affected in 2014/15 and in hindsight, I would recommend, to discuss the issue of a worst case scenario with your dealer, so that in case of a defect, the dealer would care for you and issue a new device to you. Written agreements are an
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PRIVIA buzz "glitch" [solved!] by FrankCox @ Today at 02:33 AM

I had something similar happen a few months back.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saddest Piece Ever?
by SiFi
Today at 01:46 AM
How long does it usually take to learn a piece?
by Cutestpuppie
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Help me decide
by TSuppa
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Ivory keys expert advice needed
by Jorge Andrade
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Good news and terrible news
by sara elizabeth
Yesterday at 06:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,083 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,506 Topics
2,609,058 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission