Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
85 registered members (Almaviva, 36251, ando, AlanB, accordeur, 26 invisible), 1,835 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
27 seconds ago
Originally Posted by LirikaDoes anyone know someone with a Russian Lirika piano? Preferably c. 1960-70, but a little later should be okay.[HIDDEN SPOILER CONTENT]...
see more
54 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
8 minutes ago
New Post https://medium.com/howilearntpiano/bored-2-4925f5ac5b2a...
see more
7,451 Views · 129 Comments
Pianist Corner
12 minutes ago
Coaster -- Thanks for the nice little mention. I was mortified by my performance. It helps that everyone is being supportive, and actually, oddly, I've been getting mostly very positive reactions, and they seem sincere. My main takeaway is, it might have been really good if I had...
see more
9,430 Views · 137 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by GadzarOriginally Posted by Mark CerisanoI've decided not to participate in this challenge. I don't think it would be fair and there's too much animosity. Anyway, I don't need to. You've already posted a temperament. All I need to do is measure it using my o...
see more
2,187 Views · 116 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
19 minutes ago
Lets not think Android since most Android devices are pretty solidly locked down by their manufacturers. Perhaps Linux or BSD Unix instead?...
see more
147 Views · 3 Comments
1 hour ago
Love my new KawaiES 110 BUT every key has a slight vibration when released to its original position.. is that a result of the new RHC action?.I'm ok with the clicking ( heard about that before )As a beginner I can't determine if vibration affects "feel"? Thanks Mr AJ...
see more
69,582 Views · 379 Comments
1 hour ago
see more
475 Views · 26 Comments
1 hour ago
Hello Nor, Thank you for this interesting suggestion. As always, I shall propose this to the product development team for their consideration. Kind regards, James x...
see more
83 Views · 1 Comments
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by BruceD What I see is that Deborah is not "leaving out the cadenza" as she wrote but, rather, not playing the extended ending to the cadenza that is offered in the Editio Musica. I thought that she meant that she was leaving out either cadenza in me...
see more
1,972 Views · 47 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
well it is three hours away, if nothing else I guess I could try to get you all more info. but I cannot be sure if I even have the time....
see more
1,161 Views · 18 Comments
1 hour ago
Hello Doug, Originally Posted by Doug M.Roland FP-30: Includes PHAIV standard action, a clearly superior action to the FP-20 and very nice for this price bracket. I agree that the FP-30's action is very playable, however not having played the F-20 (not FP-20) in person, I do n...
see more
300 Views · 9 Comments
2 hours ago
PM sent....
see more
99 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
No, to Myds....
see more
246 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by cmb13If I see an E on the bottom line of the treble clef, I think "e" and head to the e up from the middle c, but I do still think it. . I call that taking a detour through the alphabet. It slows you down. Instead, try to recognize the interval b...
see more
1,084 Views · 44 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Thanks. I had already spoken with Cunningham as well as all the other dealerships and music stores in the area. It's not really something that anyone stocks, at least not in this area apparently. Suzuki teachers are a good idea, I'll try that path....
see more
91 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by BruceDOne of the keys to making progress - in the sense of being able to play increasingly challenging repertoire - is to know what your current limitations are. Then, there is nothing wrong in working on repertoire that is just slightly above your current l...
see more
129 Views · 9 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
I guess I need to go to the "back on the wagon" list. I can't believe this happened, but we had an out of town guest and I actually completely FORGOT to sit down at the piano on June 19th. I've been so good until now--even when I didn't want to play, I would. But I w...
see more
23,067 Views · 284 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Thank you very much for your kind words! It is nice to hear from someone else who has learned this work as well since you are familiar with the intricacies and difficulties of it. Dynamic pacing is always a tough one and I will certainly play around with it as I continue to liv...
see more
81 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Orange Soda KingWe were singing a piece in choir about the crucifixion of Jesus and the symbolism of the cross. The ending has high A's that are pianissimo in the soprano 1 section. Our sopranos weren't sounding so hot on it, and our conductor got frustrated ...
see more
960 Views · 19 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by dogpersonBut as soon as I played the one I bought, I knew that was the piano for me. I've had no regrets since then, and I still want to hug the piano every time I play her. Yes. That is exactly the reaction which indicates the end of the piano search. It'...
see more
664 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
The Berceuse is quite unusual in its pedagogical characteristics, which makes it interesting to learn. On the one hand, it poses a number of serious technical challenges to the unwary who may be lulled into a false sense of security by an apparent serenity and a steady tempo. O...
see more
585 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
I started piano at age twelve because there was a girl whom I liked who took piano lessons. In due time I learned that girls come and go. But music is forever. At college, I ended up with a degree in piano performance. My teacher for two years had gone elsewhere, having been den...
see more
1,961,053 Views · 857 Comments
Yesterday at 10:03 PM
QuoteI get 123,840 Rods to the Firkin That's wonderful, I love it! The quantity of One Gross was still standard for boxes of screws etc in hardware stores when I was a boy in the 1960s. In the 70s Britain started a progression towards metrication of measurements, to be in line...
see more
291 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Very handsome!...
see more
204 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Anyone manage the "entertainer" on page 80 something? There seems to be quite a steep level of difficulty to play this compared to previous pieces in this book...
see more
49,688,887 Views · 7,513 Comments
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
To Shake up the Digital Piano scene?
by peterws. 06/22/17 06:08 PM
HELP: Lirika String Measurements
by Lirika. 06/22/17 05:01 PM
Chopin Revolutionary Etude - Tempo?
by hag01. 06/22/17 02:25 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,398
Posts2,638,312
Members88,164
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission