Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
60 registered (7uturu, agraffe, AZ_Astro, AZNpiano, AprilE, 16 invisible), 1821 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By Isabelle1949Sight read, slowly, a couple of Bach preludes, and part of nel cor piu non me sento variations. Must work the duet piece tonight. Not sure what model it is, but will be picking up a Clavinova today. People who lived
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Joe T said: USB is a serial bus using differential signaling with a complex host-device protocol and integrated power supply. That's why you can't hook up two USB DEVICEs to each other like with MIDI. MIDI uses a simple low-speed unbalanced protoco
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Toccata and the church servant by dogperson @ 03/22/17 05:43 PM

What a wonderful story-- thanks for thinking of it and sharing. I needed a real laugh today!
Piano Forum
So using the keyboard now works for me, but did anyone get it to work with MIDI? Really hard to do anything remotely good with the keyboard...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts My Music by davidwest92 @ 03/22/17 05:42 PM

Hey everyone I just wanted to share my music for everybody. I would really appreciate it if you check it out My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLgLbUUlchroXD0uiR65I-g My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/david-west-54
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite works with a certain opus number? by Albunea @ 03/22/17 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfanNot sure what this has to do with the topic, but where did you hear or read this absolute rubbish? I know a lot of Moszkowski -including the left hand etudes all of which I have played- and I would counter that Moszk
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Key top repair by P W Grey @ 03/22/17 03:48 PM

I am curious as to how things have turned out for you. Pwg
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Sampled pianos have com a long way by HJKMusic @ 03/22/17 03:03 PM

I think we will definitely arrive at a point where recorded sample pianos will sound exactly the same as recorded real pianos. Since a piano recording is just a very complex sound signal and science shows us that all signals can be composed of combin
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Any Generic Issues 1998 Baldwin R? by WhoDwaldi @ 03/22/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By AZ_AstroI love the look of your Baldwin R. Sweet! And it matches the rug! I think the best smaller (pre-Gibson) Baldwins musically rival or exceed similar Steinways. Enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by Lobo @ 03/22/17 02:18 PM

USER LOCATION: Lisboa, Portugal MAKE: Yamaha MODEL: Yamaha YPT-340 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: 169 EUR (including VAT) DELIVERY CHARGE: Pick up VENDOR LOCATION: Guarda, Portugal VENDOR NAME: Egitana ( Egitana https://www.egitana.pt/) PURCHASE DATE:
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Happy Keys, Sad Keys by indigo_dave @ 03/22/17 02:09 PM

This whole question would be easy to test with blindfold tests using scientific methods. With the equal temperament we use in the "west", my suspicion is that "happy" and "sad" keys are pretty much a myth. And the questi
Jump to new posts Re: Avantgrand N1, disassembling & moving by Pete14 @ 03/22/17 01:31 PM

We're only talking about a flight of stairs, here. How complex can that be? Yes, it's built like a tank, but it's not necessarily one. If you call the dealer, he'll send a couple of guys to move the piano and charge a bundle for their "expert
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Scherzo from Beethoven sonata no. 3 by DanL @ 03/22/17 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By Tony007The way how you play this movement reminds me of an old man who told me about his approach to the Beethoven sonatas as an amateur pianist. He said that it is his privilege as an amateur to play this wonderful music as slow
Jump to new posts Re: 3 sensors, escapement etc and VSTs by JoeT @ 03/22/17 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By sullivangIt's a tricky issue. What's really needed, perhaps, is a per-note damper message in the MIDI spec. The current way of doing it is a nasty hack. Btw, the other thing is that my Casio will send a contiguous stream of Note-
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Music For Graduation Ceremonies by Steve Freides @ 03/22/17 11:40 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. -S-
Pianist Corner
NOW FIXED!!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven Learning (how Beethoven Learned) by gooddog @ 03/22/17 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By phantomFiveNow I try to make my music more dynamic. I increase the volume and decrease much more, I vary the volume level between notes in the same chord, between voices. Instead of thinking of a phrase as a single unit, I try th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Group Hug! by Piano2138 @ 03/22/17 10:37 AM

Another +1000 Thank you!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Bach Sinfonia No 2 by SonatainfSharp @ 03/22/17 10:27 AM

This happens with most music I have played. Not that there was anything wrong with it the first time around, but when we come back to music years later, we notice new things because we have had experiences with other music in between, so we are retur
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Uprights-taller the better?- by SonatainfSharp @ 03/22/17 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By JohnSprungOriginally Posted By SonatainfSharp.... When HE played that horrible upright, it sounded just amazing under HIS fingers, of course! Yup. Look up those videos of Valentina Lisitsa at the railway station.... I was
Composer's Lounge
You have some nice ideas, but this piece seems to meander a bit. It definitely would benefit from being written down in notation to help define things better. It sounds more of an improvisation than a composition right now. The intro material perhap
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking at Reflection of Your Hands on Fallboard by cathryn999 @ 03/22/17 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By ClsscLibThe topic sounds like a Debussy piece, though. +1 ! Haha :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Best app/software for me to start with? by rbnsncrs @ 03/22/17 07:47 AM

I started with piano marvel. Good part of it is, normally there's a study book for every level, if you want you can start with reading it. It takes only a few seconds to review a lesson so it never gets you bored. If you wanna watch the lesson videos
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Jeremy Denk's new eclectic program by Hank M @ 03/22/17 07:32 AM

This is not a new program. Denk performed a similar program in Philadelphia in October 2015. But I agree that it's very enjoyable. Here's an excerpt from the "review" I circulated after that recital: Quote:The clear theme of Denk’s prog
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts My cute(Kawai) piano by rbnsncrs @ 03/22/17 07:10 AM

Feels like the perfect choice for a beginner like me.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
MY MUSIC!
by davidwest92
03/23/17 06:01 PM
Yamaha NU1
by Inero
03/23/17 05:35 PM
Edvard Grieg's Piano
by Almaviva
03/23/17 03:22 PM
thump on releasing sostenuto pedal
by 88slowpoke
03/23/17 03:03 PM
Happiest Piece(ever?)
by pianoloverus
03/23/17 01:43 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,091 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,519 Topics
2,609,307 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission