Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
72 registered (AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, Alux, AB99, 16 invisible), 1769 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... by DanJ @ Yesterday at 11:21 AM

Thanks for the invitation to introduce myself. I just joined. I have played the piano since I was six and studied all my life. I am in the category of passionate amateur. Right now I am working on Grieg's Piano Sonata. Plus Bach's English Suite
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: iGrand for Android by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Thanks, anotherscott.
Adult Beginners Forum
Today I am going to introduce some scale practice into my studies. There are many parallels between studying scales in music, lines and shadows in drawing, and forms in Tai Chi. It is multi-layered as Illinca explains in the following video. Unfortun
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Fingerings for Modes? by cmajornine @ Yesterday at 09:07 AM

All the fingerings for all the major & minor modes can be found here-: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0825...g=cmajornine-21 I also use "The Source" by Steve Barta. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F...g=cmajornine-21 It
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 08:22 AM

Ahhhh...hearing the cadences and id-ing them? that DOES sound difficult. Level 6 RCM has cadence in the written but not in the performance. Everest might be a proper metaphor...at least it feels like it now. I played one of my performance pieces fo
Jump to new posts Re: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$ by Baby Beefalo @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

Thank you all for help, I think I will buy s51
Jump to new posts Re: Custom touch curve on Kawai CA67/97 CS8/11 by JoeT @ Yesterday at 05:50 AM

Nice work, @marp! No worries about the platforms. Your application will work on Linux and Mac, if you develop for Mono, which is essentially the open source C#/.NET runtime. Originally Posted By BambersMakes that large thread about touch curves and
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD 2000 ... thread for owners ... tips, questions by Dave Horne @ Yesterday at 05:47 AM

torhu, thanks! You choose the Tone (or Program) you want and then press Write and One Touch Piano. Done, now I have Concert Grand as my start up and go to sound. I'm working my way through this.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Mason & Hamlin: New versus old; A vs AA vs BB by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 05:37 AM

You could also trade your A for a rebuilt BB. It could even cost less than rebuilding your A, if the BB has been sitting for too long. That way, you can try the piano before spending money, and get a BB. Get your cake and eat it too. Steve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed Kawai ND21 or Kawai US50 by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

is this a Kawai dealer that showed you the three pianos ? it should be simple and straightforward for them to verify the manufacture year for the US 50 if they chose to, and my expectation from a dealer would be for them to know it and provide it as
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Inspirational as always Dave. Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To cheat or not to cheat by outo @ Yesterday at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesIf you were making a living performing or you're a teacher giving a recital, I would call it cheating, and one should never cheat. If you're not a making a living on piano performance and not a teacher, how strict you w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A new digital piano (YDP163) by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 12:44 AM

congratulations and I am looking forward to hearing it as well
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How good is a shimmed soundboard? by BDB @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

From the ad Quote:Originally built in 1872 but rebuilt in 1997 with new strings, pins, pinblock, shimmed soundboard, new Renner hammers and shanks, new rocker wippens, new high gloss black finish. Classic Bechstein round European tonal quality. Orig
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Apologize [Piano Composition] by johnbaggaley @ 04/22/17 11:40 PM

I really enjoyed that piece of music. It is very soul searching. You are off to a great start.
Piano Forum
Quote:So, it makes logical sense to me to know what makes and models professional concert pianists own at home. Besides a good "guess" this would be difficult to determine. Almost every concert pianist we have sold in the past already own
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model R Upright by Norbert @ 04/22/17 11:20 PM

Quote:but I have ordered a set of hammers from Ari Isaac, and hope to be able to have it restrung (and rescaled) by Phil Taylor soon. I understand the 'restringing' but not the 'rescaling' part. Perhaps time to learn something new? Norbert
Jump to new posts Re: Sythogy Ivory Studio Grands by Frédéric L @ 04/22/17 11:01 PM

Since I am not in North America, I am not invited to "buy it now", but to "search a distributor". Mine doesn't have this product and it is clearer. EDIT: I have seen that in the North America vendor web page, the top logo is abo
Pianist Corner
Complete Piano Works of Mel Bonis in Twelve Volumes Ten of the volumes have been published so far. The link includes lists of the pieces in each of the 10 volumes. Mel
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai ES8 Key Rubbing Issues by WJR @ 04/22/17 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By dmdI have had my ES8 for over a year and I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary. However, I think I will pass on listening intently ... trying to "hear" something. What if I did ? LOL ..... No Thanks.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 5 Minutes A Day To Better Piano by alans @ 04/22/17 10:23 PM

Thanks for the helpful posting. I tried moyd but fell so far behind that I gave up. But I think the idea is great. I find the hardest part is just getting to the bench. Once I get there I don't want to stop and I have to because of my neighbors stop
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long should I practice on a piece? by Zilthy @ 04/22/17 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves This is reflected in my lesson today. My teacher said, "let's work on it one more week..." I actually said, "what do you mean one more week? this is going to take more than that to get it right..."
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: front top panel support knobs by BDB @ 04/22/17 07:50 PM

Take the other one out and put a peg there, too! This is not a Rembrandt painting.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Refurbishment questions by P W Grey @ 04/22/17 07:38 PM

On the old upright, I agree with BDB. Start with reshaping (you need to learn that skill if you don't already know it) and work with what you have at the moment. If that is not satisfactory, move on to deeper surgery. On the Yamaha, if the flanges h
Piano Teachers Forum
Thanks for all the nice words. Today I am really fine with me and my piano journey. Somebody recommended to give the student the chance to understand reality better by giving some classes at the pace of classes which truly could prepare for a conse
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Wire Music Wire Piano Strings

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steigerman baby grand with piano disc player
by Lorianna203
Yesterday at 10:43 PM
Found a George Steck baby grand with 1779 stamped on the leg
by Lorianna203
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
Would you buy this Hobart Cable baby grand?
by Lorianna203
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
The Graded Rameau
by kaziranga
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
Thinking of buying this baby grand
by itsmeunc
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,493 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,168 Topics
2,618,619 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission