Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
90 registered members (Anita Potter, Allegro maestoso, Almaviva, andrea monza, 27 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
10 hours ago
Hi All I happened to read a few posts from some "mature" players who have returned to the piano after a break like Shinl and BachingMaddie - well I am in that category. I am retired now and I have a lot of time to practise if I wish. I had a few lessons as a te...
see more
33,737,831 Views · 9,385 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
12 hours ago
I don't have a damp chaser system....
see more
169 Views · 4 Comments
12 hours ago
Originally Posted by cordobaHi friends. I would like to replace old pins and I need some news ones. In the case of a new pinblock is convenient to put in these by hits or by coiled? I have knowledge that is a machine in order to coiled it. Regards from Argentina Sometimes the o...
see more
68 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
13 hours ago
Thank you both I will definitely be bringing my music with me, if anything just to pretend playing it on my lap or something when I have downtime in the cabin. I may bring some new stuff to practice sight reading as well. If I'm not able to play at all, I won't get too upset, I...
see more
389 Views · 9 Comments
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Yes, David, ultra careful is key. I find that the experience has made me much more mindful, being more present and aware in the moment. That’s a good thing....
see more
159 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
You likely have better eyes than I do, I can see a little past 60Hz but not much, so I'll notice strobe fairly easily if I am looking for it, or if it is on the bad side. It sounds like you are able to pick it out much better....
see more
885 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Eric Gloo Yes, you should call pest control, but they won't help you today...and if you've seen one mouse, that usually means there are plenty more around. Buy some spring-loaded mouse traps, bait them with peanut butter, and kill them on the spot. That way t...
see more
339 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by MarkarianOriginally Posted by proutOriginally Posted by MarkarianI just ordered the Earthworks pm40 close mic Omni bar (got a good deal used) and have just been consistently floored by the excellent reviews and all the recordings I've heard. Even close miking...
see more
1,157 Views · 20 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Cool tune! I'll have to go back through Elton John's catalog. Thanks...
see more
226 Views · 4 Comments
Member Recordings
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SkSUmHVJsk&feature=youtu.be God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen (Eric Baumgartner) - roland fp 90 + pianoteq 6...
see more
11 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
The Canon of Western Music The Cannon Fodder of Western Music Undiscovered Genius Known Irritant Immortal Beloved Recently Reviled Memory Slip Cognitive Avalanche...
see more
226 Views · 5 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
There will be new piano sounds, but they talk about "quality", so I wonder if it's just one of the already existing pianos, but as a larger sample. Anyway, more sounds coming in the followings couple of months. (Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCf-A0K3XM8&f...
see more
957 Views · 15 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRosJqNlXYx_ufXYoEJkXjQ?view_as=subscriber 11-04: exploring Beethoven's first sonata in Fm 11-11: Mozart Sonata in F, mov1 and 3 11-19: Beethoven Adagio from Beethoven's third sonata. twitter: @jasutinu tumblr: auron570 Amateur pianist having ...
see more
30 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 07:05 PM
I'm mostly playing acoustic pianos on jobs now , thankfully. But the CP4 is the best sounding and playing electronic keyboard I've ever used in 50 years of playing gigs. It's light enough where it doesn't kill you on the schlep. It also sounds decent in mono coming through infe...
see more
268 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by GranyalaThese days I prefer silence over some crappy speaker throwing distorted notes at me. Esp infuriating if my mother wants to "show" me something on a smartphone speaker. Them damn high frequencies are downright painful. >.< (Warning: co...
see more
702 Views · 19 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:45 PM
Hi, Mark...! Thanks for sharing this -- I believe my very first solo piano concert experience was Ruth Slenczynska. My dad was a pretty avid Classical Music fan, and in Racine WI in 1955 or so, it was a very rare occurrence indeed to have a solo pianist of her stature perform ...
see more
279 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 06:30 PM
1896 Blüthner with square legs, on left....
see more
14 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
A passage like this is a good opportunity to work on 'tone.' Spend some time without pedal at all, and capture each chord's 'voice,' independently of the rhythm. Also, try to develop you're ear for trochaic rhythm, and avoid only hearing the iambs....
see more
87 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
for those of you who use android tablet, can you tell me which program is the best sheet music reader? preferably one which has "crop" feature like in forscore. ...
see more
1,153 Views · 22 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Need help with tackling these parts of the sonata....
see more
3 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
Well, at any rate, if you decide to rebush and repin and can get your hands on some of the pre-cut, rolled pins used in Steinway Teflon actions, that should eliminate any exposure to any copper alloy as they are sealed with the nickel plating. Might lengthen the time till you nee...
see more
593 Views · 14 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 04:48 PM
Scarlatti and his 550 keyboard sonatas?...
see more
1,221 Views · 52 Comments
Yesterday at 04:13 PM
Here's a recording I did of the Maple Leaf Rag. It's not brilliant and only 3/4 finished, but if you have time and inclination please would you crit it. I'd be very appreciative. Thanks! ...
see more
30 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 03:46 PM
I am learning this now too, and will be doing the whole suite for my junior recital. I couldn't believe how much this recording sounded like my own playing, I don't know if that's good or bad, but I loved listening to it. Don't be afraid to be slightly more energetic....
see more
172 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 03:44 PM
Hello everyone! I am a music major and a senior, and I don't have much performing experience except the few recitals I've given at school. I thought I would share a recording of my interpretation of Mozart's Sonata K330, movement I. I am performing this piece in a recital tom...
see more
34 Views · 0 Comments
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Need Advice--Used Schulze Pollman or New
by AC1. 11/20/17 08:26 AM
Minimum Tuning Pin Torque
by Weiyan. 11/19/17 11:47 PM
What are the best pins?
by cordoba. 11/19/17 06:50 PM
Can't load MP3 files on Kawai ES8
by David Macob. 11/19/17 03:34 PM
Digital Piano Recommendations
by One Fish Two Fish. 11/19/17 01:58 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,848
Posts2,673,057
Members89,164
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission