Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
145 registered (ajames, Bachus, accordeur, Almaviva, Alexander Borro, ando, 28 invisible), 2461 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in D Major (notation on virtual Keyboard) by PrimeNumberMystic @ Today at 09:42 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneIt is beautiful! Why so short? When the RH finally went up higher around 1:20, it sounded to me as though you could do a B section with playing up higher like that and take things in a totally different direction, then r
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha 115 vs Roland F140R by toddy @ Today at 09:14 AM

I agree with what Alphonsus said completely: it's subjective and both have advantages. My personal choice would be Roland even for classical because in quieter, prolonged passages of notes, you can clearly hear a liveliness and authenticity in the pi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Service Manual by Craig Hair @ Today at 08:38 AM

I found a copy of the Baldwin service manual that covers the acrosonic. It has a nice action diagram and instructions for removing the action. Everything you need to know to get yourself in some real trouble. If you like I will send you a copy. OT
Jump to new posts Re: Stand for Yamaha CLP 20 by clothearednincompo @ Today at 08:32 AM

Any common adjustable heavy duty stand will do. The finer the adjustment the better so you can have it just (about) right. Depends on your stool/bench too of course. There are X stands. The sturdier ones are "double X" as they are made of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite piece you learned in the first 6 months? by Isabelle1949 @ Today at 08:16 AM

Debussy's, The Girl with the Flaxen Hair.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Petrof IV 1997/1998 grand piano by Steve Jackson @ Today at 08:15 AM

If it has the Detoa action, it may be better to avoid it. Take care, Steve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian pianos outside of Russia by Steve Jackson @ Today at 08:12 AM

I live in a country full of older Russian pianos. They came during mass Russian immigration. Don't know what story or history could be made from these, but I am sure there are a lot of good stories and history of many Russian pianists who learned a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Arty Movie @ Today at 08:04 AM

Hi If you're referring to the Masterwork Classics Level 1-2 book it has 12 Baroque and 17 Romantic-Contemporary tunes so 29 in total - It starts out with simple 8 bar pieces and most tunes range from 8 to 16-20 bars. They are suitable for a beginne
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with used digital piano under 1000$ by johan d @ Today at 07:52 AM

An acoustic is no option? I started off with a digital yamaha YDP62 myself, but was so bored of the sounds that I (get used to) hear. In the beginning it sounded all ok, but after a while that same key sound always the same and it bored me quiet quic
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By xyzzyFLBirdgolf - if you haven't already discovered her, search 'tinymotzarts' on YouTube. She demonstrates many of the Alfred's songs also. She actually demonstrates ALL the pieces in Book 1 and Book 2, and also the Greatest H
Jump to new posts Re: VSTs and DAWs by Morodiene @ Today at 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By DommieMorodiene and Zilthy, Wow! That was some really good information on MIDI, DAWs, and VSTs. Thank you both for taking the time to go into so much detail. I'm glad that I asked these questions. It shows me that I am probably
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Books or videos on correct piano technique by pinkfloydhomer @ Today at 07:20 AM

Yep. I guess my next question then becomes: Are all teachers created equal? I guess there's a difference between 1) a rather young-ish (but well-educated and skilled, piano-wise) person who is primarily a pianist who does some teaching on the si
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by WiseBuff @ Today at 06:50 AM

I've been preparing pieces for well over a year...hoping to have the nerves not an issue. On Tuesday I played my five RCM exam pieces (2 etudes and 3 repertoire)and they were pretty ok. Not perfect but I'd have felt fine with them in an exam. My le
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Re: Search Feature that works by barbaram @ Today at 05:47 AM

In the meantime, you can use google: if you include site:forum.pianoworld.com as one of your search terms, the results will be restricted to this domain You can achieve the same thing using the advanced search form: https://www.google.com/advanced_
Jump to new posts Re: RHYTHM PATTERNS on the MP7 by lophiomys @ Today at 03:43 AM

As one of the affected in 2014/15 and in hindsight, I would recommend, to discuss the issue of a worst case scenario with your dealer, so that in case of a defect, the dealer would care for you and issue a new device to you. Written agreements are an
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PRIVIA buzz "glitch" [solved!] by FrankCox @ Today at 02:33 AM

I had something similar happen a few months back.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital or real piano? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By oscar1I've recently got Casio PX-860 and the "grand piano" on 80% volume sounds from few meters away remarkably like a decent acoustic upright. I'm glad you like it! And it's right at the $1,000 point, now. I may ha
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_CI guess all I know is that the usual use is wrong. Does that get partial credit? Yes sir! I loved that you picked up earlier on the "gainsay" thing, which, by the way, you got completely right!!!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your Experiences with Playing for Seniors? by jotur @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Wow, I hadn't thought of that wrinkle. It does seem to me that a couple of years ago there was a TB or whooping cough or something scare, but I haven't run in to the background checks and medical stuff. I can understand the concern when the residents
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Feet flat on ground when you stop pedaling or? by Cutestpuppie @ Yesterday at 10:34 PM

Thanks everyone! I think I just hover my foot and feet flat if the pedal is not active for x bars.
Jump to new posts Re: Ivory keys expert advice needed by Steve Senseney @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

Usually ivory keytops are 2 pieces. Are these real ivory or plastic? The ivory keys will get thinner and thinner and usually chip at the overhang rather than at the notch where the sharps are placed.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Beethoven 4th Piano Concerto by Cheeto717 @ Yesterday at 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By jeffreyjonesAlkan did a transcription of the Beethoven 3rd concerto for solo piano - including his own utterly loony cadenzas. Not for the faint of heart! It's truly a beastly and super eccentric cadenza! https://www.youtube.c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Definitely try the adapter. Headphones are high power compared with microphones, many orders of magnitude.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No. 2 by anamnesis @ Yesterday at 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By Keith D KermanOriginally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By Keith D Kerman....the more presto you play this stupid etude, the more obscured the triplet feel in the RH gets and it sound like groups of 6 notes against 3 notes no
Jump to new posts Re: Curious Question - Lubricant on Strings? by David Boyce @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Quote:Many of us use a product called "Protek" with "space age polymers". Indeed yes. I find it very helpful. The point is, lbonini1, that, assuming an appropriate lubricant like Protek CLP is what was used, this is a sign of
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New Piano Kawai 506N vs Pramberger LV43
by carpeMusica
03/23/17 01:05 PM
piano is tiresome
by iamanders
03/23/17 12:53 PM
Pianos in cartoons?
by dogperson
03/23/17 12:00 PM
Competitions/recital
s on lesson day

by chasingrainbows
03/23/17 11:16 AM
Saddest Piece Ever?
by SiFi
03/23/17 01:46 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,091 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,511 Topics
2,609,133 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission