Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
78 registered members (Bach_ingMaddie, alphonsus, akc42, Adypiano, ando, AndyP, 21 invisible), 984 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Teachers Forum
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kevinb The ABRSM theory syllabus is a pretty odd thing. For the first five grades it's really about music reading and notation, and not "theory" in the sense that a scientist would understand that term. Then it kind of morphs into stuff about harmon...
see more
913 Views · 29 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
12 minutes ago
I'm pretty sure the triangle of felt is a plectrum dropped in the piano by a tuner at some point - it's certainly not any part of a piano part that I recognise! Another possibility is that it was installed to stop a buzz at some point, and using the airline has dislodged it. Kee...
see more
64 Views · 1 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
26 minutes ago
What site was that? i would very interested to see that? If you cant post it here maybe you could send me a PM. thanks...
see more
307 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by PianoStudent88Alfred preprints the note names for several of the early pieces. Eventually they stop giving the note names. It’s meant to provide support for learning the notes and eventually being able to play without the note names written in. I don’t...
see more
964 Views · 33 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
32 minutes ago
Another massive storm and power cut this afternoon, same thing happened about a week or so ago. This time power was off for nearly 5 hours. One of those times you wish you had an acoustic piano as well.......
see more
4,859 Views · 150 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
35 minutes ago
Keith Jarrett On tour: no Upcoming 2018 concerts: none...
see more
99 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
42 minutes ago
Geo Steck like many venerable u.s. piano makers became part of the Aeolian conglomerate, the brand then passing to Korean and later Chinese ownership. it might be currently in stasis, subject to resuscitation if the Chinese owners are inclined. http://www.houstonpianocompany.co...
see more
4,150 Views · 114 Comments
Piano Forum
42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BDBThat was not my point. I am tired of people who make a 9'+ piano to show how great a piano they can make, when in fact, it is easy to make a decent piano when you have a lot of size to work with. The proof is in the small pianos! Originally Posted by John...
see more
1,352 Views · 43 Comments
Piano Forum
45 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Colin DunnAs for my pups, their Bach is worse than their bite. And frequently found Haydn under the piano with their paws over their ears?...
see more
653 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
This is a thread for unique pianos on eBay or Craigslist. Not high-priced junk being sold by delusional owners as in another thread, but pianos you find interesting. I do not know the reputation of the sellers or how good these pianos are. As always, caveat emptor. I will star...
see more
19 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Piano*DadRich, I presume it's not going to live in the kitchen! Actually, as Almviva already hypothesized, this young man is a professional player. Most of his living space is one open room, along with a separate bedroom, as well as a living room in a loft....
see more
432 Views · 25 Comments
1 hour ago
So sorry to hear about the fire! I am a worship leader myself, and I can tell you the Nord Stage 3 Compact is THE BEST board for strings, pads, and organ, that I’ve ever used. The extra ability you get for doing cutoff sweeps with the synth and mod wheel, plus extra polyphony, ...
see more
463 Views · 11 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by MacMacMacVery little changes from one generation of Clavinova to the next. If you can grab a 545 for less money than a 645, you'll notice the cash saved and you'll not notice any difference in the piano. You won't find differences in the pianos. Only in in t...
see more
259 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Hi DiggPlyV, with "real" I mean music with a melody, a beginning and an end. Usually you get as a beginner half-page from do to do, and in the left hand the first chord (CEG) I have a problem in my left hand (pink and ring finger) and so its very hard to play 3 notes at...
see more
180 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
They just double up the team Ian...
see more
145 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by SiFiThe only keys in play, for this discussion, are C# and Cb major, both legitimate, and A# minor and Ab minor, also legitimate. There is plenty of music written in C# major, but I can't think of anything in Cb. I don't know anything written in A# minor, b...
see more
505 Views · 19 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by johan dOriginally Posted by pianopi....when are you going to post some of your playing?I would love to hear some playing from the teachers in this thread! Not something that was recorded long time ago, but something they just play as most people do in these r...
see more
3,436 Views · 170 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
3 hours ago
Hi Again somewhat off topic, but related in a way. I've done a number of Jazz summer schools over the years. About 12 years ago I did a Jamey Abersold one in the UK. One afternoon I attended a jam session. Multiple horn players, a bass player, a guitarist, drummer and a Piano. A...
see more
240 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by AZNpianoThis topic is all over the map. Maybe you can try to narrow the focus to one subtopic? I do have ideas to contribute, but I don't like the idea that I'm the fault-finding ogre. I agree. Too many subjects....
see more
182 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
4 hours ago
QuoteBusiness, at least in my region, is bad. Even with a better economy, bad. Oh, there are a few pianos being sold, but most young people cannot afford them and go digital. And stay digital. For me, the piano market has always been much more than just 'business' and 'sales nu...
see more
1,845 Views · 47 Comments
Piano Forum
5 hours ago
Here are two examples: http://www.piano-mueller.de/ http://saprenovation.com/...
see more
75 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
5 hours ago
I love your bullet points, Osho, and agree completely. I already moved past not inviting him to future recitals...that was my knee jerk reaction to, again, end of semester burn out and frustration. Of course he's invited! I even asked him if there was a theme he thought would b...
see more
1,652 Views · 40 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
5 hours ago
I appreciate you detailing your experience teaching youngsters. Thanks to the other member feedbacks as well. Good perspectives! ...
see more
224 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
88 key squares date from 1856, grands from 1863....
see more
687 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
7 hours ago
There is off course this recording on a Christofori, which is sublime, and this particular instrument is very well prepped, rendering the recording a very "modern" sound. Absolutely charming. I have to admit - I do use the pedal extensively for Scarlatti when the music ...
see more
158 Views · 7 Comments
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interesting eBay / CL finds
by Colin Dunn. 01/22/18 05:40 AM
Amateur piano competition
by Kenny Cheng. 01/21/18 10:22 PM
What's happening with Keith Jarrett?
by Dfrankjazz. 01/21/18 09:22 PM
What are some sites that sell used piano in europe?
by James Guo. 01/21/18 08:21 PM
Body movement at the piano
by chasingrainbows. 01/21/18 06:46 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,906
Posts2,689,369
Members89,491
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission