Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
105 registered members (AlanB, ando, alfredo capurso, accordeur, AZ_Astro, amad23, 30 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
4 minutes ago
How is it compare to steinway's Renner action or New York's accelerated action? Thanks James...
see more
3 Views · 0 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
5 minutes ago
BTW, I have only had this piano maybe 3 months, so it's not from sustained use....
see more
223 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
6 minutes ago
Another possibility is that the outer layer of lacquer has been sanded off....
see more
272 Views · 20 Comments
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by peterwsOriginally Posted by Rosewood17 FWIW Here are some photos of pianos that do not appear to have uniform gaps between the keys: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Piano_Keyboard.jpg https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photos-piano-keyboa...
see more
238 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by David-GI did take pictures. When I get back from holiday I will post them. I am looking forward to seeing them....
see more
1,129 Views · 33 Comments
Piano Forum
18 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Ed FooteGreetings, I have been putting new actions in pianos at a university for 40 years, and it seems like it only takes one semester in the practice rooms for an action to go through 99% of the mechanical breaking-in that it will ever do. In the teachin...
see more
307 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by VaibhavAre there any online resources available to learn these? Thevery first step is to look here: P.S. There are some geographical differences about the period: in Western theory, the period usually consists of two phrases; In Russian theory - from tw...
see more
267 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
28 minutes ago
Originally Posted by malkinOriginally Posted by outo 1. There¨s a difference between hard and impossible to master.Some skills or rather abilities just cannot be learned "well enough" by everyone, What is well enough is of course a matter of definition. 2. Sometimes ...
see more
1,908 Views · 65 Comments
44 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Nordomus I just want to say that you are wrong here about Roland. It is actually hybrid keyboard containing both plastic and wood elements. Also there is escapement "simulation" like on most higher tier digital pianos. There's a bit of controversy...
see more
1,265 Views · 9 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
45 minutes ago
Perhaps this is a gross oversimplification but I though the Blues Scale was a simple pattern. Tonic - 3 half steps - 2 half steps - 1 half step - 1 half step - 3 half steps - 2 half steps....
see more
347 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
48 minutes ago
Good job on the whole project, lbonini1! I was hoping that you might be able to sweat that project down to a more affordable price, considering that it was a small fraction of what moving a grand from one building to another, across town, involves. I was the know-nothing I was ...
see more
485 Views · 21 Comments
59 minutes ago
And now we have a new member of the G.A.S. club. A new GASketeer! Welcome, friend. And hide your wallet! ...
see more
821 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
I've emailed Alfred regarding Alfred annotated editions. That's my last stop. If no luck I'll stick with the Henle At the piano which does have good fingering. Thanks for the feedback and information. Mark...
see more
441 Views · 11 Comments
1 hour ago
I'm not sure this is true ...Originally Posted by peterwsA bit of a disappointment really to find out that, for £3-4k you only get the same sound thro' headphones as a model costing under half as much. CyberGene said:QuoteCA67 will be exactly the same as CS11 through headphones....
see more
206 Views · 7 Comments
1 hour ago
How is the action on these pianos? Not interested in the built in sound. Was thinking of using it with a VST....
see more
22 Views · 0 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
A few additions, added a video for Reflections. Will wait to put something on YouTube. For now, I'll forget it for a little while and come back to it. For whatever reason, this helps me to learn it better. Fascination is a fun piece from Alfred's. The Top? Well, it's a silly etud...
see more
75,285 Views · 927 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Oh yes, I enjoyed it very much, congratulations for a performance sparkling with plenty of colors and agogic refinement! Also the dramatic sections never make the piano "yell", you have a very cultured approach to your instrument, that's great! Maybe the slow opening co...
see more
74 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Continuing with rubato and dynamics This is a follow-up on my post from last week, when I first explored the use of dynamics and rubato in two pieces by Gurlitt. I was very enthusiastic, resulting in an overload of rubato throughout the pieces. Keystring very eloquently compared...
see more
4,376 Views · 113 Comments
2 hours ago
I really do not care if I get looked down on, as long as I can practice well that will do the speaking for me. My concern was that I might not be getting the best tuning as it is not viewed as worth the time. But you do raise the valid point that it might not even be worth the ti...
see more
370 Views · 8 Comments
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by BlazeboardWhy do you need to replace them ? It's not a replacement, it's a modification. The cam locks are old and woren and not up to par. Weak in comparison to the tapered blocks. As the piano gets moved quite a bit from storage to stage and back it's a saf...
see more
214 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
2 hours ago
Neighbors have an acoustic. Their son go lessons on it for a year and then quit. Then at school he started keyboard and now plays at every bi-annual concert. Turns out the piano teacher was really bad and the keyboard teacher at school is really good....
see more
428 Views · 9 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Hello, this is a very nice piece that I'm so proud to be able to play it in full as a beginner. I've been learning since 1.5 years just finishing Alfred Adult Beginner 1. At measure 73, 3:10 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWXJvSuUxnI I think he has modified the ending. Anybo...
see more
39 Views · 0 Comments
2 hours ago
A sign used to hang in the cubicle of one of my fellow engineers: FAST RELIABLE CHEAP Pick two... This is the reality of the world folks. Now translate this into the world of digital pianos. If all of you eliminate the requirement of 'one company does it all in one box', I thi...
see more
1,026 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Have you played it? A 50-55 year old instrument could .... well, that reminds me of a line from a song .... QuoteAnd I was thinking to myself 'This could be heaven or this could be He11'...
see more
140 Views · 2 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Hello everybody! Here comes another small piece, this time it's a very well known one, "La fille aux cheveux de lin" by Claude Debussy. As always I'm looking forward to your reactions – thanks a lot for listening and commenting With best regards Tony 007 https:/...
see more
9 Views · 0 Comments
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How is Kawai's newest Millennium III action?
by James Guo. 06/25/17 12:22 PM
Kurzweil RG100SE, good action?
by Fscotte. 06/25/17 11:15 AM
Brian Crain - Song for Sienna
by TonyDIGITAL. 06/25/17 09:59 AM
Gaveau Upright 1928-29
by Petrol. 06/24/17 10:34 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,444
Posts2,638,884
Members88,180
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission