Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
130 registered members (ando, accordeur, ajames, Bambers, BachToTheFuture, 29 invisible), 1,901 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
3 minutes ago
OK. I guess I just never really paid attention to how it looks. To me, the CA form factor looks a lot like any other number of Yamaha/Roland/Casio type console pianos--tiny and spinet-like, taking up as little space as possible. It's perfectly reasonable for some people to despis...
see more
20,238 Views · 291 Comments
Piano Forum
11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by XenondiFluorideYes, that is when I am most aware of flicker, when I turn my head, or move my eyes quickly. But I also can notice it while not moving it is just much tougher. one good test is to wave your hand in front of the bulb. if you see distinct striated...
see more
904 Views · 27 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kevinbBut that's how I want to play. I can already play by ear and from lead sheets. One person's "Regurgitating...with a lack of originality" is another person's "Playing accurately, with the creative element in the expression." Encourag...
see more
2,430 Views · 50 Comments
Piano Forum
37 minutes ago
It is odd that people are concerned about mice in their piano over mice in their furniture, food, or storage areas where they make nests. I’d be looking at the underside of the couches in the basement, or the cupboards in the basement storage area before I was concerned about ...
see more
384 Views · 12 Comments
42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Falsch The two actions often compared are the Roland PHA-50 and the Kawai GF2. For me, they compare as such: - The Kawai GF2 is better at speed, especially fast trills. - The Roland PHA-50 is better at controlling dynamics, especially playing soft trills. Th...
see more
846 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Forum
49 minutes ago
Ask the salesman to adjust it before you buy it....
see more
89 Views · 1 Comments
Pianist Corner
58 minutes ago
I’ve read about her more than thirty years ago. She was a phenomenal child prodigy. Can you imagine she gave her orchestral debut at the age of seven in Paris with Alfred Cortot conducting. I believe she could play all of Chopin’s output before her teens. Her stamina and tec...
see more
305 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
For most manufacturers, a piano 7 foot or longer would not be part of their regular catalog, so any piano in that size range is likely to have been better quality than the rest of their line. So I evaluate pianos by the quality their construction as I see them, not by a particul...
see more
80 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
Very simple, email Bluthner to confirm. I will say in my almost 12 month search throughout Europe I never saw any original condition (very very poor) pre 1915 Bluthners with anything but round legs. And all Jubilee Bluthners even to date have the traditional round legs as well....
see more
1,182 Views · 29 Comments
1 hour ago
Hi Michael, You are amazing! Thank you very much for the feedback.. I think you're spot on.. You help me a lot.. Alas, I don't have too much experience with low-level programming. I mostly program administrative and bookkeeping programs for clients and have a little experience ...
see more
74,007 Views · 119 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
1 hour ago
For a new pinblock, drive in new pins. The best pins are round pins. Regardless of who supplies the new tuning pin set, test each one and those that are out of round, discard them....
see more
99 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Years ago, I decided to be much more selective with the paper scores that I purchased and to use a burned CD that the guy that runs http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net used to provide of the entire collection (at the time), as well as selected CD Sheet Music discs, for reference on ...
see more
573 Views · 22 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
40. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - 12 Variations on Ah! Vous dirai-je Maman K.265 Wow! I remember tackling these variations in my first year of lessons. I distinctly remember feeling that these were diffficult to play, especially one after another. Now, 2 1/2 years later, listening to you...
see more
2,277 Views · 103 Comments
1 hour ago
So I now had only midi conteoller on my hands... M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, seriously messed up that i got for about 40 euros... Had to fix it, and make it a little bit more plasing on the eye... So here are some photos of what i did so far... https://imgur.com/a/7BdTd https...
see more
93 Views · 1 Comments
1 hour ago
Bill, "If you get the octave close with electronic tuning, you can fine adjust by ear so that the rapid beats match with those above it. It will give the smaller piano a beautiful and harmonious sound" Thanks for the advice, which I will tryout. Ian...
see more
189 Views · 8 Comments
1 hour ago
Greetings, I have a number of customers with 40 year old pianos that have 100 in/lbs in the block. If a piano has less than 50, I classify it as sub-marginal, since 50 in/lbs is my own limit. I prefer to tune around 100 in/lbs, but the "stiction" and how it moves i...
see more
109 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Thank you for sharing your experience, really practice makes us better in the ones we love the most...
see more
87,856 Views · 119 Comments
2 hours ago
If you can stretch your budget to $800, this is a really good option: Roland RP-400 https://www.adorama.com/rorp400.htm...ium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905 A very similar model used to regularly sell at Costco for around $1200. The SuperNATURAL sound is pretty good - so...
see more
432 Views · 14 Comments
2 hours ago
I find that Yamaha historically makes some interesting choices when it comes to their stage pianos. They don't really seem to chase the spec sheet as much as you'd expect from a major top-3 player. Their previous flagships didn't even have a graded keyboard. And the CP4/40 don't ...
see more
318 Views · 4 Comments
2 hours ago
My mistake, thanks James. I'll edit the post above (oops, apparently you can't edit the post if it's too old)....
see more
786 Views · 31 Comments
2 hours ago
Yamaha has a number of stage pianos that are arguably due for an upgrade, and they did hint that theywill be doing so in January. Which ones though, who knows. In the case of the CP300, it's been overdue for a LONG time. ...
see more
84 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by wouter79Thanks for the explanation. So better use "hypermobile joint" would be a better word for it? That's the correct term yes. Originally Posted by wouter79 >Collapsing knuckles You mean the joint closest to the wrist by 'knuckle' I suppose. C...
see more
304 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Hitry PlanSweety Nord! And sennheizer headphones? Yes, HD600! Still my go to pair after 15 years with numberous different headphones ...
see more
1,135,599 Views · 972 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
Composer-pianists—virtuoso pianists who compose works to showcase their own performance skills—were a common sight in 19th and early 20th Century concert halls. Today, they are a rarity. Until recently, the list of prominent composer-pianists stopped at one: Marc-André Ha...
see more
565 Views · 7 Comments
5 hours ago
@David: My pleasure. @James: Thank You...
see more
164 Views · 4 Comments
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
PIANOS OF THE SECOND RANK
by Karl Watson. 11/20/17 11:43 AM
DIY Digital piano - how i did it
by Mikanator. 11/20/17 11:21 AM
P255 and CP300
by Jitin. 11/20/17 10:04 AM
Need Advice--Used Schulze Pollman or New
by AC1. 11/20/17 08:26 AM
Minimum Tuning Pin Torque
by Weiyan. 11/19/17 11:47 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,851
Posts2,673,102
Members89,164
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission