Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
141 registered members (7uturu, agraffe, alexcawley, anamnesis, Aloyah, amad23, 39 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by Iaroslav VasilievMany manufacturers publish what is called the "speaking length" of longest bass string, so you can easily find out the difference. ... Thanks, that would confirm what I felt by ear: a Yamaha U1 or Kawai K300 has a slightly more bas...
see more
299 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
11 hours ago
This could become an interesting topic, how pianos sounded like about 1800, to 1867 or so, most of them were these little square's. There was no metal in grand's until about 1818. I have great interest in these pianos, what were they up to? The only way to find out is to take one...
see more
354 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
11 hours ago
Originally Posted by CareyPlease let us know what you (and your teacher) ultimately select. Good luck - and have fun !! +1. Best of luck!...
see more
818 Views · 58 Comments
Pianist Corner
11 hours ago
Originally Posted by DamonTurned off the ad-blocker and still have to go back to the top of the page to move on, very annoying! Now there's a tweet button and a like button (facebook I assume). I don't know why anyone would use these on this site. Those Tweet and Like functions...
see more
537 Views · 15 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
11 hours ago
Originally Posted by hello my name isThanks DMD! Is there rhyme or rhythm to the choice of how the arpeggio is played? I mix mine up myself as well, but I'm not sure how I would explain it to someone else as to why I do what I do. I do not think so. It is just what sounds go...
see more
4,708 Views · 121 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
11 hours ago
Besides sight-reading and technical exercises (which I practice at the beginning) I always start with the pieces assigned by my teacher; usually, but not always, the hardest one first. If I have time left I work on some of my just-for-fun pieces and/or play some repertoire....
see more
319 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12 hours ago
Originally Posted by Groove OnThis is the best app I've found for practicing that Note To Key connection. It's not the sexiest app, but it does what it's supposed to do. You need a MIDI keyboard and an iPad. Note Trainer - Sight Read Music (iPad Only) It drills notes and chords...
see more
601 Views · 15 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12 hours ago
Hi SwissMS. I need to add May 19-21 to my list too, please. I was in Portland for a conference and could find no piano on those days. Fortunately this should also be my last work related trip this year so there's that at least. Thank you!...
see more
19,360 Views · 247 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
13 hours ago
Kawai James (anyone else) I have an identical problem with an ES-7. I sell Kawai Kawai digital pianos in Ireland (I am an auhtoirised dealer) however a client left in an ES-7 for repair. I replaced the mainboard and now when I turn it on the LCD is in Japanese. I would be gra...
see more
1,149 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
13 hours ago
So sad. No lesson this week. On the other hand, I have made satisfying progress on my Sonatina and have started work on the second page of the third movement. I also did some sight reading of Schumann pieces and was very pleased with being able to get through them in a ...
see more
33,125,018 Views · 9,203 Comments
14 hours ago
Recorded A Sunday Kind of Love by Louis Prima using the V Jazz Grand ,if interested go to Mike Lupinetti on you tube. The only effects I'm using is a little reverb which I have set at 2....
see more
86,878 Views · 726 Comments
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
15 hours ago
If my +1 can get Monday off, we'll be flying in on Friday and leaving on Monday. It would save us a bundle on the plain tickets. But it's not confirmed yet; we're waiting on his boss to approve or deny ......
see more
2,418 Views · 39 Comments
15 hours ago
Lack of certain resonances in GP 300 really throw me back from it. But I am certainly interested in GP 400 since I don't care about cabinet. I need to test it longer but what I did feel and hear really exceeded my expectations. Probably gonna wait and get more money to buy it but...
see more
250 Views · 6 Comments
Member Recordings
16 hours ago
Originally Posted by Rosewood17I enjoyed it! Can you tell me which piano version this is? It's the most popular version now, arranged by Lee Galloway. BTW there is a YouTube video of Lee Galloway playing it himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwCgS4ZZ7pM...
see more
78 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
16 hours ago
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistHi Melanie, I enjoy listening to your tracks on Soundcloud. I think they are very good! Originally Posted by dancingfishI so agree! I loved Melanie's recording of Bach BWV And 116 so much, that I have started working on it, even though it's b...
see more
60,086 Views · 835 Comments
Pianist Corner
17 hours ago
I've performed all four, and the fourth is my favorite as well. I haven't much time at the moment, just landed in Frankfurt, but will try to post a more lengthy reply regarding my experiences with these pieces in the next day or two!...
see more
493 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Forum
17 hours ago
Originally Posted by hhm123If this piano was used infrequently and also had infrequent tuneups will this correct itself after we have the piano tuned several times? Thank you for you comments. Yes, The tuning should stabilize after a handful of tunings. As long as the piano is ...
see more
547 Views · 14 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
18 hours ago
Originally Posted by TrevorMI'm not really following the Piano Adventures method at the moment, but I am dipping into the accompanying books. In particular, I've returned to learn Pure Imagination in the Level 4 Popular repertoire book. I've returned here to offer a little tip if...
see more
300,748 Views · 846 Comments
Piano Forum
18 hours ago
see more
155 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
20 hours ago
Mozart KV378...
see more
48 Views · 0 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
21 hours ago
Originally Posted by outo . . . With that budget I might even consider a good digital with grand like action. It might be useful even after getting the grand. +1. $4K will buy a nice DP from Roland or Kawai or (gasp!) Casio. If you haven't tried one recently, you might be ple...
see more
387 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
22 hours ago
My take on it is that as we age, ultimately we have to concede that memory is a thing of the past. Play from the charts, or pass on the gig....
see more
573 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
22 hours ago
Thanks for that additional information, Ken...
see more
1,043 Views · 30 Comments
Pianist Corner
22 hours ago
Congratulations. You deserve it. Now take a g.. damn holiday please. 😉...
see more
2,322 Views · 81 Comments
23 hours ago
they always have room for special cases...
see more
1,742 Views · 21 Comments
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
UK Members
Please check in
UK Members & Friends
Checking on our members and friends from the UK. Please Check In When Able
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai RX1 or RX3 grand piano?
by yyjean. 05/23/17 06:51 PM
Henle Editions
by sara elizabeth. 05/23/17 04:40 PM
Yamaha YDP S51 issues
by hast66. 05/23/17 03:32 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,847
Posts2,629,177
Members87,859
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission