Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
45 registered members (AndyP, alphonsus, ando, BachToTheFuture, bluebillytwo, 9 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
I always thought the goal of these piano vsts was to make you think you are playing are real acoustic grand, not a recording of one. ...
see more
5,024 Views · 152 Comments
Yesterday at 09:18 PM
Hi Joe, I have a soft gator case without wheels but I also have a dolly with rubber wheels that have air in them to soften the ride. They both fit in my Honda insight....
see more
193 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
I know someone who started from scratch at 38 and passed grade 8 in 5 years. I think commitment is necessary but not sufficient, you need a certain amount of talent to ever play at grade 8 standard as an adult. Maybe something like the top 10% of adults, in terms of "piano a...
see more
3,171 Views · 49 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by zrtf90 I used to recommend Pletnev's version of this set of pieces but I think Lisitsa's are better now for study. Have you heard her play this collection and in particular this waltz? Pletnev's Waltz start at 11:00, Lisitsa's at 13:55. I listened to thos...
see more
3,598 Views · 156 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:51 PM
Westney's book is excellent and I highly recommend it for the adult student at any level of playing....
see more
13,040 Views · 256 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by TimVApologies if this was in the many that worov posted above. Some of them did not have catalog numbers on them. Actually I didn't mentionned that one. Thank you for bringing it up....
see more
202 Views · 6 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 08:32 PM
Like pianists, perhaps to a lesser extent, violinists are blessed with lots of music written for the instrument. You also get to play music written more exclusive for violinists like Paganini, Wieniawski, Sarasate, Kreisler etc. For a start, have a look at the AMEB exams syllab...
see more
283 Views · 8 Comments
Yesterday at 07:55 PM
Thanks for all the replies - good to know it's a simple, single midi cord setup. Gombessa, going full VST for the VPC is certainly a nice option - I just figured I could use the MP7's wide array of sounds (at least initially), then as DonZon mentioned, add a VST if/when more soun...
see more
200 Views · 6 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
QuoteIf you can only get 5/6 bars a week up to speed this would still support Bruce's comment. And isn't it incredibly boring to practice such a small amount of music over and over for a week? It could well be that I am not skilled enough to finish it properly yet but I will try...
see more
433 Views · 10 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:58 PM
A staccato low note or octave, followed by a leap across a rest and caught in the pedal, is a certain kind of "ringy" accent or articulation, at least as far as I'm concerned. Hard to explain. Mostly, however, it gives permission to "pick up and move" with th...
see more
125 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
SonatainfSharp, That was lovely! I poked around a bit and really enjoyed this one also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZbPFpldWY Thanks for sharing!...
see more
312 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:48 PM
Frank: Many, many thanks for your very prompt reply to my query. You suggested solution works! Regards,...
see more
972 Views · 39 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 06:44 PM
Chopin Ballade 3...
see more
6 Views · 0 Comments
Yesterday at 06:39 PM
I have ordered the CLP-685 and expecting it to arrive in early June! I will report back with the results once it comes....
see more
19,062 Views · 168 Comments
Composer's Lounge
Yesterday at 06:39 PM
This is a piece I wrote and performed in my 3rd year of University, the title means Ornithology but I thought Fuglafræði is bit a bit nicer and less confusing as there is already a jazz song of the same name. (It's an Icelandic word as I am Half Icelandic) The piece tries to r...
see more
12 Views · 0 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
For practicing the HM hydraulic is the greatest bench I've ever used. Of course everybody who comes to my house asks why I have a weight bench next to the piano....
see more
251 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by PeakskiOriginally Posted by Roganpage 27 Question! At these early stages there are these relatively easy pieces to play. Teaching you the very basics. How well are you meant to be playing a basic piece before moving on? Once or twice without error, or rea...
see more
49,485,310 Views · 7,494 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by VidOriginally Posted by BruceDVid: If you are writing of Variation XVIII, (and even if you aren't) I wonder how many realize that Variation XVIII is the theme inverted, until it's pointed out to them. Ingenious! In spite of that inverted theme being popula...
see more
368 Views · 18 Comments
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Yesterday at 05:44 PM
I think we have squeezed all the juice out of this one. So I am just posting to say we are, now, full up, if you expect accomodation....
see more
4,547 Views · 38 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 05:32 PM
SK noise...
see more
4 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:30 PM
Someone who spoon-feeds their students and ultimately doesn't teach them how to think independently and to learn how to solve problems on their own. Someone who teaches their own interpretation of a work, over and over (that's how all of the teacher's students can sound the same)...
see more
23,267 Views · 68 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by ando You can't post a link ending in .html in image tags. The html link above is a page of its own, in which pictures are viewable. I was able to right click on your picture, copy the image address and then use that to put the image tags around it. It's a bu...
see more
197 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:12 PM
Here is the passage in question; I forgot to indicate that the passage is in B-flat major. Regards, ...
see more
174 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
Hi GuitarGeorge, not sure whether you made a decision yet, but since I play-tested exactly these two pianos today for about an hour, I thought I'd chip in. Although maybe it's not too helpful since the only thing I can tell you is there is nothing objectively better/worse between...
see more
659 Views · 11 Comments
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
Thanks Luciano for the detail and transparency here I'm sure it has zero impact on playability (I've seen way more key height difference in acoustic pianos). Best of luck in your new business!...
see more
506 Views · 15 Comments
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
UK Members
Please check in
UK Members & Friends
Checking on our members and friends from the UK. Please Check In When Able
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
More? Or less?
by Jolly. 05/23/17 09:10 PM
1985 Kawai KG-2D
by saltshaker. 05/23/17 08:56 PM
Kawai RX1 or RX3 grand piano?
by yyjean. 05/23/17 06:51 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,851
Posts2,629,272
Members87,859
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission