Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
47 registered (Bachus, alwatson, BachToTheFuture, Buckster, bennevis, Beakybird, 10 invisible), 1778 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite works with a certain opus number? by Carey @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By argerichfanI'll go with the Scriabin 6th for Op 62. Horowitz never recorded it, but reportedly he gave a crazily great performance for one of his pupils. (Byron Janis maybe?) Of course there's always the Beethoven Coriolan. T
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Piano Kawai 506N vs Pramberger LV43 by Norbert @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Quote:I have sold both brands at the same showroom. I am familiar with both models, Kurtman: when did you sell last Pramberger pianos? Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Group Hug! by Medved1 @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

And from me too! Thank you all for the suggestions and good humor. The details are important - as Ralphiano said, the care and commitment from everyone who takes the time to post their advice or observations is so valuable to all of us. And it doe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good news and terrible news by Medved1 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

I am so sorry - no matter how long their time with us, it always hurts to lose them. I always think that the only thing worse than losing them would be not to have had them in our lives at all. They do indeed make life worth living.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Carey @ Yesterday at 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By Carey Larry Fine refers to the "prodigious bass register" and "growling power" of the M&H BB's bass. In addition to my personal 2003 BB, I have the opportunity to play a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Kontakt 5 player vs. Kontakt 5 full by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Thanks for the tips, Morodiene. All I've bought from NI, is the Giant, and at half the price. It does not qualify me for a crossgrade. I've checked my account.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So glad I stuck through piano despite nearly giving up by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

sometimes a rest or a change helps.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in D Major (notation on virtual Keyboard) by Steve Chandler @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneIf you look at some of the great piano pieces of all time, you can see that the composers were very efficient with their material. They didn't have a bunch of new ideas and go from one thing to the next, but they would t
Member Recordings
Jump to new posts New Dramatic Piano Prelude - 2 minutes by NicholasLockePiano @ Yesterday at 09:12 PM

Contemporary Classical Piano - Prelude in E Minor Check out my new dynamic Prelude in E Minor. I would love the opinion of fellow pianists, I hope you enjoy it nicholaslockepiano@gmail.com[/email]
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by TheodorN @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

What I meant with what I said about the black keys, is that when people are beginning playing or practising playing piano, they are advised to begin playing in keys with few or no black keys, like C, F, and G, all major. It wasn't meant to be a joke
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by coaster @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_C P.S. Do you have it in you to say, how's the hand? It's hard to say after such a short time. I hope it will be fine for Rhapsody, and I might even be okay to do Boston, but I think I'm just going to pass this year. It
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Curious Question - Lubricant on Strings? by Gadzar @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By Ed Foote It was impossible to tune, as the pin's rotation was in total control of the pitch, and trying to work within a cent by turning a pin is not really feasible. Flex is an important tool of the tune
Jump to new posts Re: Help me decide by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

I agree with morodiene x2...I still consider myself beginner, and how I love practicing with the GFII action... go for it TSuppa, and enjoy!
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CS11 boominess by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 07:29 PM

I agree that pulling it away from the wall bit more will likely to help, it did for me.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Classics for the developing pianist by dat77 @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

Thank you thaiblue I will try doing it that way.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wiping a polished ebony piano? by AJB @ Yesterday at 07:00 PM

Feather duster to get rid of dust first that may scratch, then damp chamois leather is all you need.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 444 Hz vs. 440 Hz? by P W Grey @ Yesterday at 06:37 PM

I thought I would give an update on my A444 experiment if anyone is interested. I have now brought the piano back down to A440. I have to admit (much to my surprise) that the piano actually did sound better at A444 (at least in some respects). I wo
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By lordaurielI'm using a new Bechstein B190SP (6"3') grand How do you like this instrument? Is it from the Bechstein Academy range or the C. Bechstein range?
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Beakybird @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

I must say that the the FP90 through FP90 speakers + Rokit 10S subwoofer sounds better than the FP90 through Rokit 6 G3s + Rokit 10S subwoofer. The subwoofer helps the sound substantially, but you only need a tad to thicken the bottom notes. The FP
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by nancyde @ Yesterday at 05:54 PM

That is so exciting--can hardly wait to see and hear her!
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Jump to new posts Re: "New" Strohber upright by moondog @ Yesterday at 05:38 PM

I just had it tuned and repaired the major stuff. It plays pretty nice, but it does still have a few clicks from the action being so old and worn. It sounds great, though!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Happiest Piece(ever?) by Carey @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By Tim AdriansonOlivier Messiaen Finale, Visions de l'Amen Gotta agree with you. I've performed this (with another pianist, of course.) A joyful adrenaline rush !!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quicklessons Piano Course by Ozie Cargile by Richrf @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

I looked at the course and several others on Udemy when I was looking for courses. Based upon the previews and syllabus I rejected it pretty quickly. It seemed to be mostly basic repetitive practice of scales and chords, something that is easily foun
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: thump on releasing sostenuto pedal by 88slowpoke @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By Sam SSo you are getting a thump. Here is an easy test - if you reach over and delicately lift the damper block and release it (don't press the corresponding key), does it thump? I don't have to tell you not to bend the damper wir
Jump to new posts Re: From This . . to This! by piRround @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

Very cool, Peter!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano tech tools rough estimate of cost
by dukesup1978
03/25/17 05:09 AM
Why Bach (or baroque music)?
by marimorimo
03/25/17 04:44 AM
Question on Chopin Op 10 No 3
by Mike Lee
03/25/17 02:47 AM
Looking for 88 key combo keyboard/ MIDI controller
by Wineshop
03/24/17 11:04 PM
Check out my Music!!
by davidwest92
03/24/17 09:56 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,543 Topics
2,609,600 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission