Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
73 registered (augustm, AaronMiall, AdrianR, alphonsus, ando, Arty Movie, 10 invisible), 1853 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I had the pedal clicking noise, I sold mine though eventually, the keys you describe are easily fixable as I had the same issue with my Roland hp107 piano many years ago, but it shouldn't happen anyway to such a relatively new instrument. Definitely
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which hand do I use by Sol Finker @ 14 minutes 42 seconds ago

By the way, I've found the same issue in Invention #8 at the third bar. I suppose I will use the left hand for the note. [img:center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbs4x5kw385lqtj/Invention%208%203rd%20beat.tiff?dl=0[/img]
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Digital vs Acoustic - will it harm technique? by cathryn999 @ 16 minutes 45 seconds ago

What great responses, thank you. TheodorN, that was a brilliant suggestion about listening through Pianoteq - I calibrated the piano, changed the sample rate so there's minimal lag, switched to listening through the computer, and it's almost perfec
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K-500 vs K-600 / 800 by Patrick Bauer @ 18 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thanks, that are the the answers I was looking for If the sound is "roughly" the same, but louder, then I'm more than happy with the K-500. Sure, the sostenuto pedal and the music desk would be nice, but I don't think they are worth sever
Jump to new posts Kawai mp11 problem. by Knario @ 32 minutes 22 seconds ago

good morning: Last year I bought a kawai mp11 excited and at two months began to give me problems. The sound coming out is at a very low and distorted volume. I have reset, updated the firmware, changed the music equipment, the helmets and still the
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Dave Horne @ 43 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By preludesHas anything changed with the tone color wheel? I didn't own an RD800 but I did play one a few times and I remember how much emphasis they put on the tone color wheel (personally I loved it, especially for EPs). But I not
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: The Piano players that inspired me to play by Beemer @ 47 minutes 14 seconds ago

Teddy Wilson Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by SwissMS @ Today at 03:58 AM

barbaram - I added April 14-15 to your list. I happy that you had a nice weekend! Palmpirate - Welcome back! I am glad your recovery went so well. I will just count your time away as excused days on your list. Marleigh - Welcome to MOYD! I will add
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Samick (?) Knabes by musicpassion @ Today at 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By Andy WHello; Are the new Knabes being built using the scales that were drafted into them when they were still an independent company or are they just a re-badge at this point? I worked on a very nice Knabe from the 20s for awhi
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Bartok Mikrokosmos- Help Wanted from Teachers by J van E @ Today at 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By hello my name isMalkin and Saranoya, I'm very interested-- What specific pieces did you like in Mikrokosmos?? I just played through the book and nothing appealed to me! I might as well have been composing on the fly and calli
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Serge Lancen, 7 Zwiefache Dances, piano ? by Eric399 @ Today at 02:36 AM

Enjoy! I hope it is as good as you expect it to be. I have been looking for Herbert Haufrecht's Etudes in Blues for years now, and I sometimes think maybe if I finally find it, it will have to be really good to compensate for the waiting! :-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Well today I was singed off on "Circus March", "Hokey Pokey" & "Night Song". Need to continue with "Hava Nagila". Anyone else have issues with fingering from measures 47 onwards until it reaches the repe
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Differences in philosophies among teachers by hello my name is @ Today at 01:37 AM

To answer the OP, I'm learning to teach piano, "self" learning, I suppose, since I'm not going to school for it, and the amount of different philosophies in teaching piano is OVERWHELMING. If you've ever wondered why there are so many dif
Jump to new posts Re: Are electric piano sounds going out of style? by sullivang @ Today at 01:35 AM

preludes: Thanks. I can't really hear much in the way of electric pianos from those artists just flitting through iTunes though. "Shame" (Dear Hunter) has one, and a few songs in the album "Mutemath" have a mellow Rhodes. I haven'
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales - boring? by hello my name is @ Today at 01:28 AM

I find them useful as well Kymber. I didn't particularly like them as a student, but I think it makes learning pieces in different keys much easier if the scale is muscle memory, based on the difficulty my husband has in comparison :P
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Groove On @ Today at 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88I've made a Music Journal (I didn't want to call it Practice Journal, because the purpose is Music Growth, not practice as an end in itself). It's one page per week, with categories down the side and a column for e
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Graded Rameau by outo @ Today at 12:51 AM

Not a teacher but a fellow student. I personally love gigue en rondeau and it's not that difficult after you find workable fingerings for the decorations. It's not too fast and is repetitive. Don't know what grade it is but I think I played it on my
Piano Forum
the founder of George Steck started his company in 1857 and died in 1897. the oldest surviving Steck pianos would be from that period, if there are any still around.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ED Seiler vs Yamaha CX2 by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:13 AM

TBTN, I would pay the least attention (during the decision making process) to what a dealer says about a piano they compete with directly, in their market... whether that's in person, or on this forum. Do you have enough room for a larger size?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude in C-sharp minor - Post your progress! by phantomFive @ Today at 12:06 AM

I'm going to try recording it with minimal tempo changes in the largo section. I think the key is to keep the sonority of the individual chords interesting, and then it won't get boring. There is a lot you can do with the balance, etc. there.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying this baby grand by terminaldegree @ Today at 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By itsmeuncI do have another question if the 1996 Kawai GE-1 is a great deal I won't have a chance to get it inspected since it is being sold at an estate sale. How risky is it to spend 4-5k on a piano without getting it inspected.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steigerman baby grand with piano disc player by terminaldegree @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

The technology in player systems advances seemingly a couple times each decade in terms of features or technology. You would want to make sure the system was installed well (the functionality of the pedals in particular should be checked), make sure
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy this Hobart Cable baby grand? by Lorianna203 @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Thank you!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New here by Sand Tiger @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Welcome to Piano World. The big problem with a forum just for beginner beginners is that it can become the blind leading the blind. If a person wants to start a thread or two just for true beginners, that would be fine, and likely better than a sep
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by dancingfish @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

I'm still here! I only just started on Faber AAIO book 2 today, as I got busy with a deadline for a personal project in mid-March, and then was away on vacation. So my time at the piano was either very limited, or not at all, for about six weeks no
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai mp11 problem.
by Knario
04/24/17 04:28 AM
Steigerman baby grand with piano disc player
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 10:43 PM
Found a George Steck baby grand with 1779 stamped on the leg
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 10:08 PM
Would you buy this Hobart Cable baby grand?
by Lorianna203
04/23/17 09:51 PM
The Graded Rameau
by kaziranga
04/23/17 09:32 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,493 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,169 Topics
2,618,628 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission