Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Hurricane Irma & Our Piano Friends!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
77 registered members (Agent88, 36251, anotherscott, Alexsms, Andrei Kuznetsov, anamnesis, 17 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner
2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by keystring....When athletes practise in the field, are they simply going through what they can do already, or are they also aiming to improve and learn? Might the word "practice" imply these extra things? Not that I'm any big athlete but yes, it im...
see more
218 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by chasingrainbowsOriginally Posted by Piano*DadJudges comments can be useful or useless, depending on the quality of the judges and how much time they have to ponder and write. I have seen both. Piano*Dad, that speaks volumes of my first experience with enteri...
see more
1,129 Views · 35 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Belger1900The N2 for me is this "in between" thing. If I am spending the money on an overpriced digital, why not spend a bit more for the better N3? I have an N2, it's not an "in between purchase." I'm not trying to dis the N3, but I've ...
see more
28,982 Views · 327 Comments
Pianist Corner
15 minutes ago
I don't think one can judge her hand size or her reach very accurately from the picture. While it seems clear that her hands are not very large, she can reach an octave with 1-4 in her LH so can probably reach more than that with 1-5. She has to be able to comfortably reach more...
see more
245 Views · 5 Comments
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
I been using LSR305's for a 1/2 year and never noticed hiss except when I was running from a computer soundcard to the speakers. As soon as I added an audio interface they have been silent....
see more
4,093 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
One of the finest pianos I ever had the pleasure to try. Several times when was in Germany. Norbert...
see more
61 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:35 PM
The basic point is that every piano I know can and will significantly improve if getting not just "good" but superior service. We just sold a certain grand to a local teacher who chose one particular piano from our floor after trying several others. It's not always goi...
see more
1,257 Views · 28 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Don't want to offend somebody at all, so please don't interpret it this way But how much is it different from, say, cleaning services? I don't think a lot of house owners want to be present around during those, to observe them for several hours. Many, I believe, use this time to...
see more
397 Views · 13 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Allen, Steve Gravy Waltz - Greener Alexander, Dennis Valse triste - Lotus In Blue Astor, Miguel Adriana #1 Valses Venezolanos - Swis...
see more
2,159 Views · 42 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
I was in a similar situation a year ago and if my two cents can be helpful I will just throw them out. :-) The first choice really depends on to what extend the piano was "restored" and how well the restoration was done. The term "restore" can mean a lot of ...
see more
237 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Putting the time in and achieving results through effort is a great way to look at it -- and enjoying it, too, as it sounds like you are. Also true about getting over the psychological hurdle. On that note, thankfully, there is are so many "teaching pieces" out there, m...
see more
556 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Sure I'm just getting tired of that constant bragging and loud claims of new horizons which are about to be reached we hear daily - when in fact almost nothing is done except for somebody busily doing nothing. So, my point here was: until you'll see those pianos in your local st...
see more
564 Views · 16 Comments
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by newer player One challenge here is the terrible YouTube compression kills audio making everything sound lousy. Balderdash. Greg....
see more
19,648 Views · 394 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Get a second opinion from a doctor who specializes in musicians' injuries, preferably keyboard oriented. Listen to that MD re. the pros and cons of removing the tooth....
see more
193 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by toddyI don't have Truekeys. But it is curious that you find the Yamaha more tolerant of the dissonance because they are often characterised as 'bright' which would imply more overtone content in relation to the fundamental note.......relatively more partials ...
see more
212 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Piano90X Anyway, I've seen these pianos in different listings and on their websites for at least 2 years. It's possible they have been there for longer. And I just don't know what to make of it. Does that mean something is wrong with them? Is this a red f...
see more
271 Views · 11 Comments
Yesterday at 10:24 PM
Morodiene is here, but not in the digital forum. Mostly in adult beginners....
see more
1,452 Views · 19 Comments
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
And conversely, not all the tools you can buy from piano supply houses are useful, as we have discussed on here! There are certain tools, though, BLTOH, which have got to be the specific tool, and cannot be adapted from anything in a hardware store. The piano tuning lever is ...
see more
52 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Hello, I would like to thank everyone that offered their insights on this piano. I did buy this piano and I will post the details in the My New Piano/Keyboard forum along with a photo perhaps. Thanks again. Joe...
see more
206 Views · 6 Comments
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
I believe most digital actions I've tried have noticeably squishier key-down stops than acoustics, mainly due to the greater requirement for noise damping. I've thought this of the GF1 and RM3 Grand actions too. I've never tried a Casio GP so it'd be interesting to see if it's ev...
see more
502 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
The textbook for a class I'm taking is a heavy tome called "The History of Western Music." In class we refer to it as the Burkholder book, but, lo and behold, the authors are Burkholder, Grout, and Palisca. Now those author names hold some extra meaning and clout in m...
see more
61 Views · 1 Comments
Composer's Lounge
Yesterday at 09:19 PM
Steve, More interesting feedback than you probably intended. Thank you for listening and taking the time to comment....
see more
42 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 08:42 PM
How come the store did not notice these problems before selling, and why didn't the tuner for the first in-house tuning address the issues. Something is very wrong here. Is there more to this tale?...
see more
111 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 08:36 PM
That's interesting, rXd. I totally see what you mean, but (which I didn't make clear) I was thinking from the perspective of the listener to the CD recording. I can't abide poor unisons on a classical solo piano CD! But of course, maybe that's just because I'm listening with a...
see more
479 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
Steinways will not sell a soundboard and wrest plank to a rebuilder, but they will fit a soundboard and pin block for that rebuilder and allow the rebuilder to finish the piano themselves. At least that's the case in Europe. The Steinway could be a good buy, it's certainly goin...
see more
1,031 Views · 22 Comments
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hamburg Steinway C-227
by trandinhnamanh. 09/21/17 06:28 PM
Tools and books
by BLTOH. 09/21/17 05:14 PM
History of Western Music
by PhilipInChina. 09/21/17 03:11 PM
Feeling depressed..
by fizikisto. 09/21/17 02:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics181,967
Posts2,659,268
Members88,876
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission