Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
162 registered (AJB, alexcawley, 17curleyj, Alexander Borro, 36251, AB99, 32 invisible), 1932 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano stool by macuaig @ 04/22/17 05:23 PM

I'm 6'1", and I have a mid-range adjustable bench that was just a bit high at its lowest setting. I contacted the manufacturer, and they sold me a shorter set of matching legs for 30 bucks. Now even with my size, I use the bench adjusted up abou
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A new digital piano (YDP163) by 8 Octaves @ 04/22/17 05:18 PM

Congrats! Great combo, YDP-163 + Pianoteq. I really really enjoy the realism of the Martha Argerich Model B. The sympathetic resonance model is more accurate than all the other instruments in Pianoteq. I've abandoned all of the others and only pr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long should I practice on a piece? by 8 Octaves @ 04/22/17 05:13 PM

It's basically a judgment call. How long you continue to practice is only dependent on how perfect you believe it should be. I often read "I can play it perfectly..." but perfect for one person is not so perfect for another. I think it d
FAQ - Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Price for used Kawaii K50-E (Singapore) by huaidongxi @ 04/22/17 05:10 PM

folks with experience and understanding of the Singapore piano market would know best. the other big variable is your relationship with your friend, and what 'thinking of letting go' means in the reality of liquidating an asset, how much she needs t
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Guilty Pleasures by outo @ 04/22/17 05:10 PM

I have quite a few...would 70's disco be embarrassing enough? This works every time But maybe the worst is how I enjoy great gospel singers and love to sing hymns myself. Considering that I am a devoted atheist...
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Yamaha C7 lyre neede by MAKitt @ 04/22/17 05:04 PM

We have a 1963 C7 whose lyre went missing. Does anyone know of a store who sells used parts and components? We also need a Samick mahogany polish leg. Regards.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long should I practice on a piece? by outo @ 04/22/17 04:50 PM

It depends...short pedagogical pieces I would not bother with that long, especially in self teaching. You may spend some time in solving problems with them, after that I see little use of trying to polish every piece. But after a while you may find s
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by sullivang @ 04/22/17 04:49 PM

Very nice, Chris. This might be psychological, but I think I can hear a tiny echo in the upper notes, which I would imagine would be caused by the attacks of the two piano sounds not being perfectly time aligned. However, I'm looking for this, becaus
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Lafi - I continue to be impressed by how quickly you appear to learn, master and memorize the various works you've been posting here. Thanks for sharing this with us !! Love the Bechstein !!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano stool by Zilthy @ 04/22/17 04:40 PM

It depends. How low can your piano stool be lowered? I am looking for a new one myself, the bench that came with my piano is 19" and it seems just a little bit too high. Looking around, I have seen adjustable benches/stools that go as low as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long should I practice on a piece? by J van E @ 04/22/17 04:39 PM

Great points of view, Don, and great definitions! I always thought a good pianist had to play perfect from start to finish but I learned from this forum this doesn't have to be so. After all, and I knew this already, music is about emotions, feeling
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha Arius 162 by cathryn999 @ 04/22/17 04:38 PM

Just an update for posterity in case others ask this question later.... I ended up buying a Yamaha Arius YDP163 (or YDP-163) - it connects straight from the USB to the laptop, and the recording quality is crystal clear.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Serge Lancen, 7 Zwiefache Dances, piano ? by musica71 @ 04/22/17 04:36 PM

OMG..I FOUND IT. Found it on Abe Books, ordered it (cost a fortune, but am SO glad to find it). Thank you everyone SOOOoo much!
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by toddy @ 04/22/17 04:35 PM

Another shocker (and I promise I'll shut up after this): academics who think it's terribly clever to say everything in the present tense. Especially historians! Sometimes you really don't know what the #### they're talking about. "Now that the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? by Marleigh @ 04/22/17 04:28 PM

Hi- I'd like to join in. I started back with piano at Christmas. I had taken lessons over 50 years ago for almost 2 years, but never finished the second book. I really didn't remember much, except how to read the notes. I have been working on P
Jump to new posts Re: Are electric piano sounds going out of style? by sullivang @ 04/22/17 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By Mike AOriginally Posted By sullivangRhodes love https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lk-acekQGs I think that's a DX7, not a Rhodes (as in this live version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yCda0GkJlw). Maybe not a DX7 in the orig
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by Marleigh @ 04/22/17 04:18 PM

Hi--Can I join late? I actually thought that I had signed up a few weeks ago, but apparently I signed up in a dream or something. Anyway, I've only missed one day since my hubby got me a piano for Christmas. But having to be accountable to someone
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by TheodorN @ 04/22/17 04:07 PM

Chris, if you could record the audio on the AvantGrand only, but at the same time record as MIDI into your computer, then you can run the resulting MIDI file through Pianoteq, and mix the two in Audacity, afterwards. Here, I'm assuming you recorded
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Guilty Pleasures by pianoloverus @ 04/22/17 03:59 PM

Bach: Max Goldberg Variations Beethoven: Sonata Op.112 Brahms: Handle Variations Chopin: Bark a Roll List: Hungry Rap Soda No Too Ravel: A Boar on the Ocean Schumann: Plutonic Variations, Fantasy Stuck Debussy: Pray Ludes Rach: Around the Clock Sorr
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: holberg prelude help? by ElaineAllegro @ 04/22/17 03:56 PM

A few quick responses to Valencia and Richard re the part around m19. The Prelude is in G major (as are all pieces in the suite except the Air, in g minor). I think the natural is placed on the C in m19 because C was sharped in both RH and LH in t
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by Alexander Borro @ 04/22/17 03:56 PM

You could try and tweak the cutoff and qfactor while changing the impedance as well, that can have a bearing on that behaviour how quickly the overtones evolve and decay in the treble region. If you get some nasties, the spectrum profile to temper s
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How good is a shimmed soundboard? by huaidongxi @ 04/22/17 03:53 PM

agree, from the photos only the hammers look newish. the ads claim hammer and shanks are Renners from the rebuild ("recently rebuilt with new strings, pins, pinblock...") and that the rocker wippens were replaced. two different sizes and
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano stool by PhilipInChina @ 04/22/17 03:52 PM

There is a simple accessory you can get to solve this problem, it is called a saw.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long should I practice on a piece? by dmd @ 04/22/17 03:47 PM

I think one must reach a point where you begin to give an honest evaluation of your skill level. I like to categorize a piece of music as either ... I CAN PLAY IT .... or .... I CAN'T PLAY IT. Nothing in-between. If I can play it at a performance
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by Chris Warren @ 04/22/17 03:45 PM

Thanks Alexander, I'll try down-weighting PT a bit. I've currently got the sound impedance set at 1.20; any more and I find the high treble notes ring on unnaturally long.
Page 78 of 90 < 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 89 90 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Caster Cups for Pianos

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Possible to disable internal sounds on Yamaha P60 keyboard?
by Fscotte
04/28/17 03:58 PM
In the middle of choosing a piano concerto
by chrisyip789
04/28/17 02:57 PM
In Search Of The World's Greatest Pianos!
by Rich D.
04/28/17 02:54 PM
1999 yamaha S6
by ashertob
04/28/17 01:13 PM
Brand New Album: LIVE AT BAR MOSKUS
by DrBekken
04/28/17 12:52 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,268 Topics
2,620,204 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission