Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
76 registered members (AZ_Astro, ADIRL, Almaviva, ando, 18 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/13/18 10:59 AM
Greetings, This is the norm for new pianos I have seen. The felt on the jack-stop button has compressed, allowing the jack to move distally under the knuckle. This increases the work, via friction and duration, needed to play through escapement. A new action HAS to ...
see more
524 Views · 19 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 10:37 AM
Hello SwissMS, Happy New Year everybody! I didn't post here around December end - January beginning, but I did play Piano a bit ("5 minutes count" - right?) and hope to keep going this year as well. Please add me to the list ...
see more
1,685 Views · 78 Comments
Piano Forum
01/13/18 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by GC13 I think it's a a combination of factors. Is a part of the pricing coming from just Brand name prestige and recognition? Absolutely, hands down. I think any company with brand recognition capitalizes on that in any industry in the free world. It's al...
see more
4,069 Views · 112 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistHaha, I saw them 3 times in the 80s and early 90s. I miss those days. I went to a lot of concerts then. Can't say I listen to them too much today anymore. When I'm not listening to piano music, I like Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsma...
see more
623 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
01/13/18 09:59 AM
To Keith's point on incorrect action geometry and resolution of the problem, most piano technicians and quite a few rebuilders do not have the skill set to isolate these problems in a piano action, nor correct them. The problem will either never get fixed, or the piano is sold a...
see more
4,069 Views · 112 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/13/18 09:53 AM
Isn't this kind of useless? Should we next make an exact count of the hours each one of us has used to practice scales in our lives and then discuss what else could have been achieved in that time....
see more
1,639 Views · 64 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/13/18 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by trigalg693Originally Posted by bennevis And in any case, if you've never played thirds before, it is almost impossible to master from scratch. Whereas someone used to playing thirds (including chromatics) - like yours truly, from my ABRSM exam days - can even...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelJK * Piano playing is supposed to feel physically extremely easy and comfortable (yes, from the beginning). If it doesn't, you are doing something wrong. Not necessarily so. Many of us have physical problems before even starting to play and to get o...
see more
1,377 Views · 44 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/13/18 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by chasingrainbowsI don't want to have a lengthy conversation, just want to be able to "teach" without his physical reactions, and it would be nice when I ask, "how is school? how was your weekend? How was your vacation" (some examples"...
see more
1,492 Views · 34 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelJKI'm not a fan of slow practice the way most are, for the same reason as I mentioned above. Are you playing slowly because you are afraid to make mistakes? If so, this needs to stop. Slow practice should only be used to help you notice small details, ...
see more
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
01/13/18 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by CHASGlad to see that Kawai is making an 500 Atx. Their website does not show it yet. As far as I know, this model is on the German market since 2014. The German Kawai website lists it: https://www.kawai.de/products/hybridpianos/anytimeklaviere/k500atx2f/ B...
see more
552 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 09:04 AM
I love all their older stuff ( cue intro to The Four Horsemen ), but interested in other directions these days Don't watch their documentary 'Some Kind of Monster" unless you want them completely ruined for you....bunch of whiners!...
see more
623 Views · 23 Comments
Member Recordings
01/13/18 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Pianist685Fantastic. I do like it, what a question... Congratulations for your pianist diploma. The sound of the Yamaha grand is great. I have not played much of Scriabin's work so far, only the etude Op. 2 No.1 and the very short Prelude Op 2 No 2 but your r...
see more
208 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 08:54 AM
Likely to be around the weekend of 7/8 July. I keep open house most of the summer but that should be the focus for pianists. I just have to get dates confirmed for the music festival. Last year I arranged my party for the music festival weekend, then the "organisers" ch...
see more
393 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/13/18 08:45 AM
Interestingly my new piano, Renner action, was delivered with the hammer knuckles resting exactly at the center of all the jack heads. I know this is wrong- the back edge of the jack head should align with the back edge of the knuckle core. Can anyone imagine a senerio where t...
see more
524 Views · 19 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
01/13/18 08:43 AM
I have done thins and I am with MacMacMac: don't do it :-) If your DP has MIDI out and Line In, this is no problem to do: you just Line IN your Laptop or PC Line or headphone OUT. But it will not sound good. A DP does not really have good room for speakers and this does not actu...
see more
483 Views · 9 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/13/18 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by outoStrangely I rarely encounter scales in my pieces that are not in some way "off' ("wrong notes") and if I do they tend to be short and only in one hand. If one wants to play Wolfie spending time with scales may pay off, but I wouldn't touch ...
see more
01/13/18 08:12 AM
Yes, I was going to point out that the Yamaha started off with a higher price. The N3 I played in a shop last week is from, what, 2013 or 2014? So it had years to go down in price. And you can hear that the sound engine is dated. The new Kawai sound engine is in an other league....
see more
1,567 Views · 38 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 08:05 AM
Being retired, I have more time for practice, so I do about three hours per day. This is broken into three practice periods - after breakfast, after lunch. and before dinner. Each one hour session is broken up with one or two breaks when I change tasks. So me day starts with te...
see more
674 Views · 15 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 07:58 AM
Some of the latest DPs are indeed very dynamic, rather more so than most acoustic pianos. That also takes some controlling; I guess you can't adjust the level of dynamic clout either. So you'll need to check some out. Try some acoustics too, in order to make a comparison. But ...
see more
567 Views · 14 Comments
01/13/18 07:40 AM
6.5” 2-ways have better dynamic character than smaller woofers too...
see more
1,390 Views · 49 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by JohnSprung Probably they are easier to control. You might just go to a Guitar Center or Sam Ash or whatever store of that sort is convenient for you, and try a few at all different price points. +1. An hour in the store (with headphones, ideally) is wo...
see more
567 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/13/18 07:27 AM
Chamber music sounds like fun. This experience is usually not available to students taking private lessons only. I doubt the program will be too overwhelming....
see more
186 Views · 1 Comments
01/13/18 06:38 AM
Even though the CMS40 are really nice, they definitely lack low-end and no amount of eq-ing will compensate for that. The LSR 305, while in a significantly lower class, have decent low frequencies for piano, but they get a little boxy for the lower octaves. Up until recently, I h...
see more
1,390 Views · 49 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/13/18 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by JohnSprung If you keep your eyes on the score, it's important to read phrase by phrase, rather than note by note. Reading music one note a time is like reading English one letter at a time. True, but you cannot expect a beginner to be able to read by phra...
see more
Page 72 of 85 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 84 85
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Seeking feedback on BWV 999
by Osho. 01/18/18 11:49 PM
Free Steinway spinet (?) -- what to do?
by delune. 01/18/18 11:18 PM
Dogs and piano playing
by Colin Dunn. 01/18/18 09:43 PM
Don't understand the timing of this Beethoven
by akc42. 01/18/18 06:52 PM
Best upright piano possible
by Heinrichengels. 01/18/18 06:05 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,862
Posts2,688,409
Members89,478
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission