Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
123 registered members (anamnesis, augustm, akc42, agraffe, 26 invisible), 899 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm I want to know, in all honesty, in as harsh, direct and upfront words as necessary, that whether a person starting to play at 17 and giving it all they've got, for as long as it takes, would be enough to develop enough skills to be considered a...
see more
2,258 Views · 76 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 05:51 AM
I have this book: piano music for one hand It has quite a few easier pieces for left hand as well....
see more
433 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 05:36 AM
Take a look at these: List of Piano works for the left hand You can practice difficult pieces in slow tempo. Good luck with your hand! I read that massage and passive motion is doing wonders in case of tendonitis....
see more
433 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
02/16/18 05:32 AM
Quotehigh end features of fine pianos will be democratized Perhaps to an extent -- at least until there is a truly viable replacement for wood in soundboards at the high end of the product line. Wood is inherently a variable material. As a result there is a limit on the abilit...
see more
4,818 Views · 115 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
02/16/18 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by OshoOriginally Posted by propianistDigital piano manufacturers are mostly unwilling to concede that even their best digital pianos' internal sounds actually suck and pale in comparison to the best software pianos. I agree that even their best digital pianos'...
see more
1,287 Views · 46 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 05:20 AM
01. SMA55 (Shepherd) - Liebestraum Shepherd, that was truly beautiful! I have heard Liebestraum played by professionals many times, but honestly, I never enjoyed it more. It is a bit of a thrill to hear “one of our own” take on a masterpiece like this and succeed so well. I ...
see more
3,478 Views · 121 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 05:03 AM
Thanks, Zoe! Yes, I plan to do a recording of Sweet Sorrow. I plan to record whatever RCM 5 pieces I work on. I hope to record Prelude in D flat soon as well. The sonatina by Beethoven (and list B in general) take a bit longer ;0...
see more
11,664 Views · 411 Comments
02/16/18 05:01 AM
That was a nice read Propianist!...
see more
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
02/16/18 05:01 AM
How do you remove this burnt wax from rusty strings without breaking them apart (I've already tried scraping with a screw driver and easily broke 2 strings) Is there some kind of spray/material that will melt it off the strings without bruising the wood? ...
see more
725 Views · 26 Comments
02/16/18 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by propianistDigital piano manufacturers are mostly unwilling to concede that even their best digital pianos' internal sounds actually suck and pale in comparison to the best software pianos. I agree that even their best digital pianos' internal sounds suck and...
see more
02/16/18 04:54 AM
Digital piano manufacturers are mostly unwilling to concede that even their best digital pianos' internal sounds actually suck and pale in comparison to the best software pianos. The sheer GB size has quite a lot to do with that because hardware DPs only have pitiful small amoun...
see more
Pianist Corner
02/16/18 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by kevinbTo be fair, "difficulty" doesn't always lie in the number of note-heads in the bar, or the fiddliness of the fingering, or the insane tempo. There's plenty of music I can "play," in the sense that I can put the music on the stand and...
see more
1,104 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
02/16/18 04:45 AM
Maintenance has been mentioned, but what about quality of materials and assembly? I play weekly a Young Chang grand that undoubtedly was bought (by a country club) because it is pretty. But the piano is beat up because it is used by whomever has a meeting (I play for Rotary Club ...
see more
6,262 Views · 146 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 04:31 AM
Thanks dogperson, I did order one piece called rhapsody for the left hand by her and a nocturne for the left hand by Catherine Rollin. I just wish I could listen to them first. I actually did find the one by Rollin on you tube after I ordered it. I have a lesson tomorrow and will...
see more
433 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistHere is an updated URL for my recital piece this month as well. Currently working on Prelude in D Flat Major by Catherine Rollin and Sonatina in F Major (Anh 5, No 2) by Beethoven. 1. Study in C (Op. 65, No. 3) - Albert Loeschhorn - Pianist M...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 04:20 AM
Oh my I need to catch up to all the great recordings everybody has done. Here's some comments on the latest ones I have listened to/watched: barbaram: Most excellent on On-Off Boogie! Great fun! BitSpirit: She Won't Listen; Another great and fun sounding piece. GoldmanT: I lov...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by QazsedcftOriginally Posted by RaggedKeyPresserOriginally Posted by fishandchipsI time-travel 200 years to take lessons from Beethoven. He's kind of a jerk though. I do the same with Czerny, but he's easier to get along with. Remember, it's the Czerny that c...
see more
794 Views · 36 Comments
02/16/18 04:06 AM
That is really interesting. Thanks for sharing the find. We had a long debate on how Pianist mode works in the NV10 announcement thread. Specifically, whether Pianist mode using 'high resolution MIDI' internally or not. There was a ton of speculation (by others and I) on how th...
see more
385 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
02/16/18 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by CyberGeneI work as a software engineer I teach software engineering. One of our mantras is never reinvent the wheel. You'd be better off putting in some overtime and buying a high-quality digital with your extra earnings! That said, I think I understand that...
see more
1,056 Views · 37 Comments
Pianist Corner
02/16/18 03:57 AM
Just to emphasize the 2 aspects of playing: the technical aspect getting the right notes with an accurate count & "interpretation". What every pianist has to do is learn to get the right notes. On top of that hand gestures that look graceful than being too mechanic...
see more
1,104 Views · 26 Comments
02/16/18 03:52 AM
After reading through all the complex reasoning presented here as to why the piano makers should (or should not) build VST-capable pianos ... I'm inclined to think the answer is fairly simple. If Y, K, or R were to consider making such a piano, he'd have to ask: How many more pi...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by SwissMSThat is a nice piece ZoeCalgary. Great job! Thanks SwissMS! :-)...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistThat was nice, Zoe. Sounds like a fun piece to play! Rollin is new to me, I just started a piece by her last week called Prelude in D Flat Major. Fun stuff Hi bSharp(C)yclist, Rollin is new to me also. I hope to be doing several pieces from ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/16/18 03:49 AM
Melody Bober has a series called ‘Grand One Hand Solos’ at almost every skill level I haven’t played this series but she does a good job with what I have played...
see more
433 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
02/16/18 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by pianoloverusOriginally Posted by RetsacnalHave you read Grand Obsession? There's just something about taking these Grotrians home...If I remember correctly the problem with that piano was with the tuning. The original tuner/voicer had used a Schubert tuning...
see more
3,021 Views · 50 Comments
Page 69 of 72 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Has Cadenza Consistency Improved?
by Justoneguy. 02/22/18 03:03 PM
Adilia Alieva International Piano Competition
by Piano World. 02/22/18 02:22 PM
"C" hammer??
by Sanfrancisco. 02/22/18 01:01 PM
Piano Movie: Making The Grade In Cinemas April 13th
by Chili_Time. 02/22/18 12:56 PM
Looking at Used Yamaha GC1 - Looking for opinions
by ecstudier. 02/22/18 10:59 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,397
Posts2,698,263
Members89,664
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission