Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
88 registered (alphonsus, alexcawley, Akarukun, Aloyah, augustm, anotherscott, 24 invisible), 1679 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX by twl @ 04/21/17 03:27 PM

Oops, my mistake. It does now!
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX by twl @ 04/21/17 03:24 PM

Yes, you can trade up, I did it. Send an email request to support requesting a trade up and you'll receive instructions. The website currently does not directly support a trade-up. As a currently registered user you'll end up with both the Lite and F
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by bennevis @ 04/21/17 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88 I find myself fiercely intrigued by memorization. I didn't used to be interested at all. But the level of listening and analysis and more listening and learning-the-pieces-aurally-by-heart that I understand goes
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX by newer player @ 04/21/17 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By TheodorNDoes anybody know if the CFX Lite can be upgraded to the full CFX? Maybe the trade-up option: https://store.makemusic.com/Store/?tab=garritan
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To cheat or not to cheat by Ralphiano @ 04/21/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By SonatainfSharpThe pros cheat all the time--this tidbit comes from the pros themselves who I have worked with. Performers will reassign octaves to make things easier to reach or play all the time. I remember turning pages for an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying piano brand by BDB @ 04/21/17 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalDoes the name "J. Nemetschke" sound familiar? The name in the photo is blurry, as noted, but to me the first letter looked like an initial, and perhaps an "I" or "J," so I looked at this
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Passive Aggressive Behavior in a Student by AZNpiano @ 04/21/17 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By TimR I would suggest to the mother that the child may not be quite ready for lessons - children mature at different rates, and 7 is often early for an activity like piano. Perhaps she should wait a couple years. It is quite p
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying piano brand by Duke of Dunning @ 04/21/17 03:01 PM

Luke, Are you positive that this piano was made in Austria. As I am sure you are aware, portions of modern Poland were considered as part of Prussia, Russia, or the Austro-Hungarian empire in the early 20th century, and Poland was not re-cocstituted
Jump to new posts Re: Digital piano vs keyboard with vst by similar @ 04/21/17 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By similar The problem seems specific to Reaper and my system. With Reaper, it doesn't matter much which buffer I set, and I've tried tweaking a lot of different settings (I should probably reinstall R
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: violin tuner and piano by Yulia2 @ 04/21/17 02:51 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies, I'm glad it's a viable method. I don't have a tuning fork or other devices, and I thought an electronic device must be more accurate than my untrained ears anyway. Bellspiano--Actually I'm not worried about eve
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying piano brand by Retsacnal @ 04/21/17 02:50 PM

Does the name "J. Nemetschke" sound familiar? The name in the photo is blurry, as noted, but to me the first letter looked like an initial, and perhaps an "I" or "J," so I looked at this list of piano makers in German
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a JW by AZNpiano @ 04/21/17 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By hello my name isYeah I guess I'm exaggerating. Depends on the method though. Older methods are less secular. You should update your teaching curriculum. Try Alfred Premier. It's really as secular as it gets. The only thing rem
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying piano brand by PhilipInChina @ 04/21/17 02:45 PM

There is a member who is one of the owners of a piano rebuilding company in Poland. He might know.
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts beating fifths by Roy123 @ 04/21/17 02:42 PM

Pure sine and complex fifth beating
Jump to new posts Re: violin tuner and piano by pyropaul @ 04/21/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By bellspianoI'm thinking that the OP wants to use the violin-tuning device on every note, not just to set A4 to the correct pitch -- is that correct, Yulia? It didn't read like that to me: Quote:"I'm trying to buy a used pi
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Those "stuff found in pianos" stories...wow! by Retsacnal @ 04/21/17 02:37 PM

Interesting... There've been a couple of threads on this story already, but this is the first that describes the outcome and gives a little more detail about the piano's history (who owned it, that it was donated, etc). It was all sort of vague befor
Originally Posted By greenshoe Where the difference lies still is the overall experience as a player. Even blindfolded, it's the way the sound hits you. In a grand or even upright, the way the sound travels to you is different than it does with speak
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Think Gould's Technique is Best in History by huaidongxi @ 04/21/17 02:33 PM

was not my contention that Gould could not take on live performance ; he made it clear he didn't want to deal with all the variables. what you've described is a situation where he could minimize the variables -- minimal travel, familiar ensemble and
Jump to new posts Re: violin tuner and piano by bellspiano @ 04/21/17 02:16 PM

I'm thinking that the OP wants to use the violin-tuning device on every note, not just to set A4 to the correct pitch -- is that correct, Yulia?
Jump to new posts Re: The (new) Yamaha MX88 by anotherscott @ 04/21/17 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTIf you play an e-guitar on its own, it only generates action noise (the strings ringing on their own) and on top if it generates voltages, not tones. This is reason why you need an electronic amplifier to make an e-guitar act
Adult Beginners Forum
I'm in at #28! Sam
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying piano brand by Beemer @ 04/21/17 01:57 PM

Here is the best edited image I could produce using Photoshop filters: Ian
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by PianoStudent88 @ 04/21/17 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By gingko2Memory is another topic. I've decided not to make it an issue for myself (age?). I try to memorize and if it comes, that's great. If it's a real struggle, I'd rather spend the time on other pieces. I wouldn't beat mys
Jump to new posts Re: Garritan CFX by TheodorN @ 04/21/17 01:48 PM

Does anybody know if the CFX Lite can be upgraded to the full CFX?
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a JW by hello my name is @ 04/21/17 01:47 PM

Yeah I guess I'm exaggerating. Depends on the method though. .. if I look through my Alfred 1B book, that would take out most likely.. -When the saints -Happy Birthday -The Magic Man .. pretty sure that's more than 2%.. Bastien Primer A: -Hall
Page 68 of 87 < 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 86 87 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Inon Barnatan to substitute for Ingrid Fliter
by Hank M
04/27/17 08:01 AM
This guy proves you don't need a great piano to sound good
by swampwiz
04/27/17 07:32 AM
Spectrasonics Keyscape
by Bachus
04/27/17 02:30 AM
Yamaha 1991 G2 Grand Piano
by chazzerz17
04/27/17 12:16 AM
Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound?
by johnjones795
04/26/17 09:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,521 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,237 Topics
2,619,625 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission