Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
91 registered (AprilE, Almaviva, anotherscott, AB99, Amy_Wilson, 18 invisible), 2234 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: European Piano Party 2017 - 8-9 July - Bulgaria by PhilipInChina @ 04/18/17 01:30 PM

No, but it is on caster cups.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Dave Horne @ 04/18/17 01:28 PM

My issue is this ... when I first attempted to update the RD 2000 from version 1.01 to 1.02 I downloaded a zip file from their web site. When I opened that zip file there were _five_ bin files. When I installed those files, my Roland screen confirm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Course Book #3 by bSharp(C)yclist @ 04/18/17 01:26 PM

I've been going through it actually, the theory anyway. I actually started a piece yesterday out of it called King Williams March. I was reviewing the section on Ornaments/Trills and this piece didn't look too complicated. So I thought I would give i
Piano Teachers Forum
I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about your past, but I'd like to hope that you can learn to let go of your anger. We all look back at of lives about things that happen and say what if? My personal what if was that I wanted to be a Veterinari
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prelude for Clarinets by JoelW @ 04/18/17 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By alexcawleyI really liked this, I almost want it to be longer but it's obviously a prelude and doesn't need to be longer. I'd be interested in hearing more of your other work. Thanks. It took me about five minutes to come up wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: What would you consider "major" 20th-century works? by Pogorelich. @ 04/18/17 01:06 PM

Just wanted to remind everyone that Rachmaninov wrote two sonatas. I know, shocking, but there is a no. 1...
Adult Beginners Forum
I am getting lots of time playing in front of others this week. I have the digital set up in the salon and I am getting in my three hours of practice in front of all of the workers completing our home. The window installers are in the kitchen, the fi
Adult Beginners Forum
Well, well, well... I said I found all those books confusing and boy, was I right...!!! I think a warning is in place here for other newbies to all this! So here it goes. As posted above I ordered the Alfred's Basic Adult All-in-One Course books 1,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Damper Wire Bending Video by tend to rush @ 04/18/17 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By MusicdudeBut did you eventually get the damper working right? As best I recall. It was some 40 years ago.
Piano Teachers Forum
Luebella123 I'm not a piano teacher, but I was a Girl Scout Leader, 4H Leader, and Camp Fire Leader. I also raised a few kids of my own. I've worked with kids of all ages but this problem boils down to one thing- you need to direct your energies t
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By UnkabinWhat I'm finding is that I'm surprisingly, frustratingly slow at replaying songs even two weeks after moving on. This makes me question if, when I finish the last song in the book, it will truly be time for me to move on t
Adult Beginners Forum
I want to continue on to book three when I finish book #2. About half way now. Hope this thread will still be active. In you opinion how difficult is book three compared to book 2 in terms of time it will takes to learn new pieces?
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Damper Wire Bending Video by Musicdude @ 04/18/17 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By tend to rushTuned for a few years in the 70s. Once, in a customer's home, I needed for some reason to replace a grand damper wire. Had no guidance whatsoever. Incredibly difficult and frustrating. Never forgot it. That's wh
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Dave Horne @ 04/18/17 12:41 PM

While my saga continues, now with a Roland tech, to figure out why my RD 2000 is not updating, I learned how to perform a test on the keyboard. Press ^ < EXIT while powering up, you'll see detailed information on the specific root and upgrade fil
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai es100/110 quality control by Morodiene @ 04/18/17 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By OceansoundsIt's not a personal opinion rather the opinions of many others who either says 1000$ is barely playable to downright dismissing the legitimacy of dps in general. I would like to say that I don't necessarily share those
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Digital Pianos by Charles Cohen @ 04/18/17 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By Mulsiphix. . . I don't believe I am going in circles. This is more coming full circle. I came here with big dreamy eyes and a need for a high quality instrument. But after spending time here and researching on my own, I'm ready
Jump to new posts Re: Questions About Digital Pianos by Morodiene @ 04/18/17 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By Peakski It's good to think things over thoroughly, but there comes a point when you have to make a move. I didn't even get chance to try out my piano before I bought it and didn't know how to play a note anyway, so just went off
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces ES110 ultra-portable digital piano by tnsettlemo @ 04/18/17 12:25 PM

Just bought es110 with furniture and pedal board all brand new for 816 US dollars from ER Music Gallery. Free shipping and no tax.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai es100/110 quality control by Oceansounds @ 04/18/17 12:22 PM

It's not a personal opinion rather the opinions of many others who either says 1000$ is barely playable to downright dismissing the legitimacy of dps in general. I would like to say that I don't necessarily share those opinions (seems rather consumer
Jump to new posts Re: Thomas Tomkison square piano by BDB @ 04/18/17 12:20 PM

There are those who draw iron wire through steel plates the authentic way. And who determines what "much closer" means?
Jump to new posts Re: Grand Piano Damper Wire Bending Video by tend to rush @ 04/18/17 12:19 PM

Tuned for a few years in the 70s. Once, in a customer's home, I needed for some reason to replace a grand damper wire. Had no guidance whatsoever. Incredibly difficult and frustrating. Never forgot it.
Piano Forum
Some schools of thought on technique strongly encourage hands to stay at the front closer to where black keys start, avoiding that farther back area altogether.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on shopping for a grand piano by gnuboi @ 04/18/17 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By PlunkyPlink Yamahas: I don't seem to do well with them. I don't know if their keys are wider or just cut differently but I seem to catch my finger pads on the edges a lot. This holds true from their smallest grand to their big an
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: I'm curious to know..... by twocats @ 04/18/17 12:03 PM

Wow, it's a Steinway? Color me surprised
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai GS40 or KG-2A? Thoughts on pricing? by gnuboi @ 04/18/17 12:02 PM

About GS40: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2460634 I thought I remember it being a premier model, and sure enough (see above thread). I'd go for that one if it's in good condition.
Page 67 of 87 < 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 86 87 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steigerman baby grand with piano disc player
by Lorianna203
Today at 10:43 PM
Found a George Steck baby grand with 1779 stamped on the leg
by Lorianna203
Today at 10:08 PM
Would you buy this Hobart Cable baby grand?
by Lorianna203
Today at 09:51 PM
The Graded Rameau
by kaziranga
Today at 09:32 PM
Thinking of buying this baby grand
by itsmeunc
Today at 08:51 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,493 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,168 Topics
2,618,594 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission