Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
60 registered members (Akash, AprilE, Carey, Beakybird, 12 invisible), 1,141 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
01/18/18 04:36 AM
Hi Bosendorff, Thanks for your explanation, very clear. I understand why an advanced pianist would want a piano to sound just like he/she likes it, but for a mere student, as I said, I wish there was a way to invert the process. Of the two degrees of freedom (piano sound and st...
see more
732 Views · 19 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
01/18/18 04:34 AM
Congrats!!! I love you story ....
see more
397 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 04:34 AM
MichaelJK, Figuring out 4 against 3 and other rhythmic challenges is not an “artificial problem”. In order to get to the stage where the notes sound tossed off, a pianist needs to start with the basics of understanding the LH/RH coordination and get the rhythm precise. Not s...
see more
913 Views · 29 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/18/18 04:32 AM
As someone wrote above the future will most probably be very different to what we are seeing today. So trying to make a decision about the rest of your life today is less important than keeping oneself open minded, flexible and able to accept change and find new paths. You can do...
see more
1,222 Views · 46 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
01/18/18 04:17 AM
Wow, congratulations and sweet dreams!...
see more
397 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/18/18 04:13 AM
Hang in there Ryan! As children, most of us had at least some of our decisions questioned by our parents, but we still grew up to be parents who questioned at least some of the decisions made by our children. Most of the time it turns out ok. Best wishes!!...
see more
1,222 Views · 46 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/18/18 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by UnrightToonerI don't know if I would call it negative inharmonicity. A "wild partial" is how I think of it. Seems just about every piano I tune has notes where the various tests show contradictory errors, usually in wound strings. (I tune aurally) I...
see more
431 Views · 11 Comments
01/18/18 03:47 AM
Glad to see the range of opinions on these models. I spent half a day at a Yamaha dealership a month ago and walked away with a strong preference for the CLP-685. I too was surprised that there was such a difference between the 685 and 675 considering that counterweights were sup...
see more
4,663 Views · 36 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 03:41 AM
So what you mean by notation reading is simply having notes written rather than notation symbols and trying to read that while playing? Yes, that I am attempting. And honestly, I know this journey is long, and am enjoying the practice, but doubts creep in. Here is what I have d...
see more
1,117 Views · 39 Comments
Piano Forum
01/18/18 03:41 AM
Because 3 is a magic number and nine is 3 cubed....
see more
1,000 Views · 19 Comments
Piano Forum
01/18/18 03:37 AM
To John Sprung and BDB: Since this thread is about the Opus 102 which is a flat strung piano, your answer is not correct. There are no tenor and bass bridges, there is only a single continuous bridge from note 1 to 102, wherein the top wrapped string (a bichord) is immediately ...
see more
1,536 Views · 44 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 03:34 AM
I like a good bit of it - including some of the "covers" by others, such as Apocalyptica. Heavy metal cello? Oh yes. . . ...
see more
774 Views · 24 Comments
01/18/18 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by PianoZacI’m in a similar conundrum with the frequent moving, although I own the N1 already and looking to sell it and pick up a slab DP that is easier to move. Even though the N1 is lighter and smaller, it is still quite difficult to move as it can’t be b...
see more
336 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/18/18 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by BeemerBill, I read this from a technical article not from a forum or blog. I'm sure I found it when searching for inharmonicity topics but have failed to find it again. Not a problem for me it was just that I thought if found it might be useful for this ...
see more
431 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/18/18 02:50 AM
I started a habit of creating active flashcards whenever I finish an assignment, piece or exercise - and then I randomly pop-quiz myself during my breaks in practice. Of course it's always good to review old material once in awhile, but I wasn't prepared for the strong feedback ...
see more
1,474 Views · 40 Comments
01/18/18 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by lunobiliAm I correct to assume that every virtual piano software will need some sort of calibration to adapt to the response of the MIDI controller? Is there any virtual piano software that "plays right" out of the box so that if it does not sound r...
see more
732 Views · 19 Comments
01/18/18 02:41 AM
Thank you very much to all for your replies. Sounds like indeed the only way is to play with the curves until they sound right and that this is common to every VST. Too bad that this is highly subjective and I do not feel confident I will be able to do it properly. Thanks again...
see more
732 Views · 19 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/18/18 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by BruceDSome might say - I among them - that Wagner may not be the most inviting introduction to opera, unless one starts with one of the operas not associated with the "Der Ring des Niebelungen" known more colloquially as "The Ring Cycle". ...
see more
593 Views · 38 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by ghosthandOriginally Posted by Medved1Never too late! For practicing away from the keyboard, which we all may have to do when the day job gets in the way......one thing I've tried (not as consistently as I should have) is to take the music with me on the comm...
see more
1,117 Views · 39 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/18/18 02:24 AM
I am self taught, with less than 3 years experience. Over the last 8 months or so, I have been very focused on playing with less tension everywhere, from my back all the way down through my fingers. One day, recently, I was watching a favorite youtube performance and was struck b...
see more
1,474 Views · 40 Comments
Piano Forum
01/18/18 02:20 AM
One of the dangers of the intersection of Corporate person-hood with an Artificial Intelligent entity that is incorporated, is this "cyborg" entity then makes a claim for emancipation from it's owners. It could claim a right to life so to speak and it would essentially ...
see more
1,927 Views · 47 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by scorpioOriginally Posted by Timmy J Size#01 Red River Valley Very nice first video. You are on your way now... keep up the good work. Thanks Scorpio, appreciate it ...
see more
5,985 Views · 225 Comments
01/18/18 02:13 AM
For me having the right velocity curve is when my keyboard+VST+adjustment behaves similar my teacher Yamaha C7. I've always try to (re-)adjust my VPC-1 with different VST everytime I came back from lesson......
see more
732 Views · 19 Comments
01/18/18 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by mcollTony DIGITAL, from my experience, while roughly at the same price or more, those will be inferior to the lsr 305 on imaging, sweet spot, phantom center, low frequency response and the ability to feed them unbalanced signal without noise. Fact of the matt...
see more
736 Views · 28 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/18/18 02:11 AM
1. Beethoven Op 126 #3. Pretty excited to get through it with only a couple of stumbles....and dynamics! 1...
see more
5,985 Views · 225 Comments
Page 67 of 89 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 88 89
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rolan LX17/7 and V grand
by Dreamingstill. 01/22/18 10:36 PM
Pianos in Tucson and Moving
by scott12180. 01/22/18 10:01 PM
Switching from acoustic to digital
by Julian95. 01/22/18 05:36 PM
Schimmel piano from the 80's
by From Amsterdam. 01/22/18 05:20 PM
PA System for Small/Medium gigs
by upbeat. 01/22/18 02:45 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,918
Posts2,689,655
Members89,498
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission