Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
124 registered (ajames, Alexander Borro, alphonsus, Almaviva, anamnesis, 32 invisible), 2337 Guests and 32 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Teachers Forum
Originally Posted By Midlife_PianoThank you dynamolt. It's funny your piece is by Schumann. Actually this is how all this discussion started between myself and my teacher. She happens to be an expert in Schumann music but I play very little Schuman
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How many sharps & flats by JohnSprung @ 03/17/17 01:17 PM

Some people are better at memorizing, others are better at figuring things out from rules. Try both, and keep the one that works best with your brain.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Serial numbers on recent Mason and Hamlins by PianoWorksATL @ 03/17/17 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeThe Schimmel upright I own was new, but actually built 5 years prior when I bought it. Not at all uncommon, though easily misunderstood by consumers comparing to other large purchases.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Bosendorfer. Need some advices. by P W Grey @ 03/17/17 01:12 PM

Red flag! Pwg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Documenting my journey by Vaibhav @ 03/17/17 01:09 PM

New post is up https://medium.com/howilearntpiano/practice-hard-ce54169520bd#.mkh18oe46
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Bosendorfer. Need some advices. by PianoWorksATL @ 03/17/17 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By Lucas GPrice drop to $33K when I told the seller I will walk away! Games. If you are still interested, make your offer as firm but contingent upon passing a tech inspection. If the seller does not feel that is reasonable, it's
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Audio (mic) with Clavinova CVP-709 by Pollux @ 03/17/17 01:03 PM

I'm quite sure you can do it on your CVP709 since I definitely can do it on my old CVP407. Of course, the user manual may be confusing about it. Here's how I do it: - select the midi track I wish to sing along using "Song Select" - plug my
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering advice for scale - help appreciated by Morodiene @ 03/17/17 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By takutoxOh, I see where you guys are coming from now. Sorry for being so defensive, I did not understand what you meant but I see that you are trying to teach me to fish. The small tips you gave are invaluable. I never paid atte
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Serial numbers on recent Mason and Hamlins by terminaldegree @ 03/17/17 12:54 PM

Sure, that makes sense. It isn't just an M&H thing, it's an industry-wide practice; they generally won't list serial numbers newer than about 5 years old, since there are some newer/old stock instruments out there in some parts of the country,
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Tuning the perfect ET by Hakki @ 03/17/17 12:51 PM

Today the program is used to tune two Steinway D's for the concert of a World renown piano duo. The tuner (who is participating in the development of this program) acknowledged me that, after the rehearsal they have congratulated him wholeheartedly f
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Bosendorfer. Need some advices. by Lucas G @ 03/17/17 12:51 PM

Price drop to $33K when I told the seller I will walk away!
Pianist Corner
I've always wondered about the terminology "Last Post", thinking: "Who died?" In military tradition, the Last Post is the bugle call that signifies the end of the day's activities. It is also sounded at military funerals to indic
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a New Steinway Model O (or M?) by Rich D. @ 03/17/17 12:40 PM

Is this the one? If so it sounds lovely. Rich http://www.pianoworks.com/Mid-Sized-Grand-Pianos/Steinway-and-Sons-6'2-Model-A-1913-Restored.asp
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching style - familiar pieces (by teacher) or not by Midlife_Piano @ 03/17/17 12:39 PM

While we are on the topic of teaching style, I have another question to all the teachers here (but everyone can respond): If you have two students - one is an amateur student but somewhat serious; the other is in high school planning to major in mus
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does my bridge need repairing? by Mark Cerisano, RPT @ 03/17/17 12:26 PM

I enjoy recapping bridges. The wood is not that expensive. You can sometimes improve the tone with more or less downbearing. If you are good with wood and chisels, you can do it yourself, but get some training. Don't try it without.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering advice for scale - help appreciated by takutox @ 03/17/17 12:25 PM

Oh, I see where you guys are coming from now. Sorry for being so defensive, I did not understand what you meant but I see that you are trying to teach me to fish. The small tips you gave are invaluable. I never paid attention to small things regard
New Feature Requests
Jump to new posts Re: https by UKIkarus @ 03/17/17 12:23 PM

I agree, this would be beneficial
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching style - familiar pieces (by teacher) or not by Midlife_Piano @ 03/17/17 12:19 PM

Thank you dynamolt. It's funny your piece is by Schumann. Actually this is how all this discussion started between myself and my teacher. She happens to be an expert in Schumann music but I play very little Schumann. She offered to teach me somethi
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Own composition: La Paloma Blanca by Rutgervdpeet @ 03/17/17 12:19 PM

Hey everyone, here's another video of a song I composed a while ago. If you're interested: enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUUFKKgRjQ Regards, Rutger
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Looking for repertoire advice... by bSharp[C]yclist @ 03/17/17 12:02 PM

Try some Ludovico Einaudi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
The guys at my local DIY loudspeaker builder shop said I should dismember the jamo sub and try open baffle first XD So, step one: dismember your second hand sub carefully step two: make a hole big enough for the woofer, mount it, mount the panel, sw
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Thanks Don! The first one starts at too advanced a level for me, but the second one might be great. Does anyone have experience with http://www.playgroundsessions.com ?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Serial numbers on recent Mason and Hamlins by adamjh @ 03/17/17 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeadamjh - why does the year of manufacture matter? If I were shopping any piano, it wouldn't matter to me if it were built anytime in the past few years, honestly, unless it were kept in poor or dirty conditions in
Piano Teachers Forum
In my last lesson, my teacher wanted to demonstrate a section for me. But she didn't know the piece. So there she sat breaking it down and teaching me how to approach learning it. It was eye opening to see her practice. I tend to just try to play t
Pianist Corner
.....doesn't work. (Administrator and/moderators please take note.) I'm posting it here rather than just as a PM to admin/mod because it's good for everyone to know. From the listing on the thread-listings page, it looks like there haven't been any
Page 66 of 78 < 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 77 78 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saddest Piece Ever?
by SiFi
03/23/17 01:46 AM
How long does it usually take to learn a piece?
by Cutestpuppie
03/22/17 10:45 PM
Help me decide
by TSuppa
03/22/17 09:15 PM
Ivory keys expert advice needed
by Jorge Andrade
03/22/17 08:06 PM
Good news and terrible news
by sara elizabeth
03/22/17 06:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,091 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,507 Topics
2,609,093 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission