Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
136 registered members (akc42, agraffe, Alex Hutor, Akaitsuki, 32 invisible), 928 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
02/13/18 09:45 PM
How about Pro Piano NYC? I’ve no personal experience with them, but it appears that’s a large part of their business....
see more
581 Views · 17 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
02/13/18 09:42 PM
No, really. How can I be wrong when asked which sound I think is best? I won't lie. I'll give an answer. So what's the point of scoring? You, too, will get 100% on the test, because you'll say which sound you think is best.Originally Posted by peterwsOriginally Posted by MacMacMa...
see more
1,162 Views · 47 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/13/18 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Stubbie To say that you never know if your teacher is competent or not until you've experienced several more teachers and somehow developed a 'feel' for competency (and even that 'feel' might be a misreading) is just too discouraging. That would indeed be di...
see more
2,042 Views · 85 Comments
02/13/18 09:34 PM
Distinguishing 320kbit from Flac or wav is VERY difficult and only really works if problem samples are present. You have to listen intently to the background and crank the volume way up. I managed to hear it once but not in this test. During casual listening at my typical low vo...
see more
02/13/18 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by MacMacMacI don't see how you would score this test. That web page asks: "For each song, listen to all three samples and choose the one that you think is the highest-quality audio." I got 100% on this. When asked for my opinion how can I possibly be...
see more
02/13/18 09:31 PM
It still sounds like a ground loop to me. When you have the Mac set up, does the flutter modulate as you do things like move windows around, change the volume/brightness, etc? I also have a very slight hiss audible when the Mac is connected (after addressing the ground loop buz...
see more
552 Views · 22 Comments
02/13/18 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by CyberGeneSo, if you choose one in three files, then the random-click chance would be 33%, so 50% is not a bad result. 50% on the presented test is just 3 correct answers, just 1 more than the most probable scores when answering randomly. I won’t consider it...
see more
Pianist Corner
02/13/18 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by PolyphonistI'm glad someone took the time to engage in this crucial exercise. ...
see more
685 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/13/18 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by keystringOriginally Posted by Stubbie As an adult, I would say that our ability to judge competence should be based more on results, i.e., experiencing slow but steady progress.... Stubbie, it's not that straightforward at all. The issue of "results&qu...
see more
Piano Forum
02/13/18 09:19 PM
I rented a suite for four days over New Years Eve (1999 to 2000) at the NY Marriott Marquis, and at that time a piano was an option. Granted, that was 18 (?) years ago, but it’s hard to believe that things have changed so much....
see more
581 Views · 17 Comments
02/13/18 09:17 PM
OK, I've found the noise source; it's the iMac itself. When I power off the desktop, the flutter noise goes away and I'm left with the hiss, which would be OK with me. I tried wrapping the speaker in tin foil but that didn't help. Now what to do?...
see more
552 Views · 22 Comments
02/13/18 09:14 PM
guyl, very cool project! I wonder, percentage wise, how much of your time spent with this piano was tinkering with the technology and how much was playing the piano to make music? I fear that if I were to do a project like this (even though I would only be competent on the soft...
see more
706 Views · 26 Comments
02/13/18 09:11 PM
Thanks, JoBert. I actually upgraded from the CA97 to the CS11 for the cabinet. And I do think the cabinet makes a difference in the overall playing experience. So I am satisfied with the upgrade, as I certainly didn't expect the NV10 to come out so soon. I should spend more tim...
see more
16,054 Views · 368 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/13/18 09:10 PM
Wow, very nice. You make it look easy but I know better. Thanks....
see more
39,466 Views · 263 Comments
Piano Forum
02/13/18 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by EPWMaybe this will work for you. https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/ Available for Android and Windows 10 I tried it. Thanks for the idea, but it is not nearly as comfortable as Forscore. Maybe I could persuade my teacher to buy an iPad....... hm .... pr...
see more
499 Views · 12 Comments
02/13/18 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by CyberGeneSo, if you choose one in three files, then the random-click chance would be 33%, so 50% is not a bad result. The only selection that I might have bet money on was the piano selection. There was a very slight difference that I could hear (or thought...
see more
02/13/18 08:58 PM
Tom, I fear that I cannot give you a definitive answer. I have no experience with the CS11. People here in the forum said that it sounds even better than the CA97 because of the different cabinet and the different speaker placement. So speaker wise, an upgrade probably doesn't ma...
see more
Piano Forum
02/13/18 08:55 PM
Call Faust Harrison Pianos and talk to Irving....
see more
581 Views · 17 Comments
02/13/18 08:54 PM
So, if you choose one in three files, then the random-click chance would be 33%, so 50% is not a bad result....
see more
02/13/18 08:48 PM
Thanks, Frank....
see more
02/13/18 08:43 PM
You get one warning, knock off the politics or find yourself with a long timeout, or worse....
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
02/13/18 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stubbie As an adult, I would say that our ability to judge competence should be based more on results, i.e., experiencing slow but steady progress.... Stubbie, it's not that straightforward at all. The issue of "results" itself is not straightforw...
see more
I don't see how you would score this test. That web page asks: "For each song, listen to all three samples and choose the one that you think is the highest-quality audio." I got 100% on this. When asked for my opinion how can I possibly be wrong? I cannot be wrong! I'm...
see more
So my question is: if cost is not an issue, would you guys ( Gombresser, JoBert, Mabraman) upgrade from a CS11 to the Novis NV10? I have only had the CS11 about 9 months. (And the trade in value will be pretty low. Maybe $3000 if I am lucky. That means the NV10 will put me out...
see more
02/13/18 08:41 PM
Guys, if you get this thread locked by discussing politics, I'll come to your front yard and play a Williams Allegro at full volume for a whole week! Stay away from that topic!...
see more
Page 66 of 76 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 75 76
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano lessons
by NuggetSC. 02/19/18 03:13 PM
Best Piano Transcription Service Professionals?
by johnbarnesiii. 02/19/18 01:38 PM
resource for listening to notes
by dmcgeown. 02/19/18 07:24 AM
Playing a note from letoff?
by Gombessa. 02/19/18 01:21 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,356
Posts2,697,521
Members89,650
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission