Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
126 registered members (ajames, Almaviva, amad23, 36251, aliao, 33 invisible), 2,105 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
06/20/17 04:14 AM
MozartKV576...
see more
50 Views · 0 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 04:04 AM
Depending upon the overall tempo and depending upon the time signature, I don't see any point in counting every single note, particularly when you are dealing with a passage in thirty-second or sixty-fourth notes. In a passage such as this one: (from the second movement of ...
see more
452 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by hbs60...how current these recordings need to be for submission? Is it ok to submit an old recording?how old is too old?... Sometimes they say how recent it has to be. If they don't, I suppose it could be from whenever we want!...
see more
11,493 Views · 204 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 03:28 AM
Here is a movement full of 32nd and 64th notes, including 64th note triplets (96th notes): ...
see more
452 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 03:25 AM
Here are 2 counting techniques I found doing some googling: 1) 1e+a+e+a 2e+a+e+a 3e+a+e+a 4e+a+e+a 2) 1-count-ing-thir-ty-sec-ond-notes, 2-count-ing-thir-ty-sec-ond-notes, 3-count-ing-thir-ty-sec-ond-notes, 4-count-ing-thir-ty-sec-ond-notes, etc. I tend to like the first since...
see more
452 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by ClassicalManI don't think playing the notes as fast as one can is the ideal technique as I read someplace (which is probably the case with 64ths). "Playing the notes as fast as one can" is not ever a legitimate way to read music. 64th notes are jus...
see more
452 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
06/20/17 03:00 AM
In my case, different mic positions for same keys/notes, different iH values at fairly constant amplitude. Note that I use a quite ordinary quality mic, compared to what companies who model pianos do....
see more
2,730 Views · 118 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 02:47 AM
You just play 2 notes per subdivision of your 16th notes. The speed of the notes all depend upon the tempo of the piece. Mozart uses 32nd and 64th notes all the time in slow movements of his sonatas, but not so often in his fast movements. Same for Beethoven, now that I think of ...
see more
452 Views · 8 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
06/20/17 02:44 AM
I'm puzzled at what it is you're trying to do. But maybe you can clarify. This must surely be a typo?Originally Posted by proutYes, the model may have added, hopefully, inharmonicically related samples,since no piano string produces harmonics ......
see more
1,606 Views · 36 Comments
06/20/17 02:31 AM
I have read numerous research papers on modelling piano strings, which is of serious interest to manufacturers of DPs. In every case, the quality of mic and its placement relative to the strings has no affect on the mathematical results. The only requirement is that the signal ...
see more
06/20/17 02:27 AM
Be thankful for small victories! <g> I'm going through the PX-350 manual, and it seems that, if you want _just piano chords_ -- no other accompaniment, no drums -- you have to do this: 1. Set up a "User Rhythm" like this: . . . No drums; . . . No percussion; ....
see more
368 Views · 9 Comments
06/20/17 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by MacMacMacThis is definitely NOT what I'm saying ...Originally Posted by proutSo you are saying that an FFT analysis of a DP using a sampled acoustic piano will look the same whether or not the damper pedal was pressed when the DP player struck the note. Howev...
see more
06/20/17 02:15 AM
This is true. Worn hammers do make tuning more difficult. Reshaping them and fitting them to the strings can help a lot. I would highly recommend it. Some call this "toning". Pwg...
see more
961 Views · 29 Comments
06/20/17 02:13 AM
About iH measurement inconsistencies, I attribute them to several factors including quality of microphone, angle/position of the mic, sample amplitude, etc. Even strings of a given key will give different iH values, so it can take quite a while to get just decent results....
see more
Piano Forum
06/20/17 02:13 AM
Or bring back those interesting upright pianos designed to go in airplanes, but make them a fully capable piano? as for the beach idea, aren't tropicalized pianos already a thing....
see more
1,226 Views · 14 Comments
06/20/17 02:10 AM
This is definitely NOT what I'm saying ...Originally Posted by proutSo you are saying that an FFT analysis of a DP using a sampled acoustic piano will look the same whether or not the damper pedal was pressed when the DP player struck the note. However, I did say: -- "When t...
see more
Piano Forum
06/20/17 02:09 AM
This is quite an achievement since very few have ventured out to expand on piano development since the turn of the 19th century. I know many are used to piano manufacturers churning out thousands of piano per year but if you think about it, it's quite impressive to be able t...
see more
1,226 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 02:09 AM
Well, I can now better say I have decent taste in pianos, but good lord! that price scares me away from even looking at it again. bummer. that price will trump my student loans after 4 years.......
see more
1,313 Views · 18 Comments
06/20/17 02:04 AM
You shoulda put this one on the "Puzzlers" thread. What ETD am I using?...
see more
06/20/17 02:02 AM
Well, Mark, I know you're not using Tunic OnlyPure because you take no readings with it. So, one down... ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 02:01 AM
Hi SilentQ! Looks like you've got a lot of responses already, but I read your post and wanted to add my two cents. I have one adult student right now who learned by himself for maybe a year or so, dabbled around in the Adult All In One Alfred book. He says to me that he "...
see more
2,211 Views · 58 Comments
06/20/17 01:55 AM
That worked, I get a chord now. But it's some orchestra sounding thing and I couldn't figure out a way to change it. I just wanted a piano chord (If I'm playing a piano tone). Changing the accompaniment rhythm did not change the sound of the chord that is sounded nor did changi...
see more
368 Views · 9 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 01:54 AM
1. Atacama Desert 2. Five Shillings and Six Pence Heather Hammond https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efjx4TDYtQI 3. Sonatina in A minor Biehl 4. In the Hall of the Mountain King Grieg (in Funtime Piano Classics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcYbkosXL5M 5. Picnic 1920 (RCM ...
see more
75,724 Views · 931 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 01:51 AM
I believe that but that history is not known to new members who think it's just what it says it is. A place to discuss playing the piano....
see more
587 Views · 10 Comments
06/20/17 01:47 AM
Mark - ETD guy here Ron had asked what gear or device you're using. That might be helpful in evaluating your experience. I have experience with TuneLab and Tunic OnlyPure. I'll take TuneLab first. Many times, in the upper section of a spinet, I get wildly different readings, s...
see more
Page 66 of 70 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What makes a piano controllable?
by Steve Ramirez. 06/26/17 04:14 PM
Ravenscroft 275 for iOS
by Tom Fort. 06/26/17 02:01 PM
Discounted CLP-585 or new CLP-685
by rnanoha. 06/26/17 10:50 AM
Help me find my "Dream" Piano!
by KiraM423. 06/26/17 10:40 AM
Ellington 350-E
by jmbenishek. 06/26/17 10:19 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,468
Posts2,639,237
Members88,198
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission