Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
65 registered members (AprilE, AZ_Astro, Amirhsol, Bach_ingMaddie, ando, anotherscott, 19 invisible), 1,050 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
01/16/18 01:51 AM
There are always better action out there of course but currently the fun stuff to do is to plug it to a laptop with Garritan CFX and add a pair of Studio monitors like Iloud Micro Monitor Not much on the market would beat this setup in term of sound IMO....
see more
1,101 Views · 21 Comments
01/16/18 01:45 AM
I am in Kentucky,...
see more
01/16/18 01:40 AM
CDP100 is not bad. If you want better sound, you can always use it to drive a software piano off your computer. Better action is subjective, but in new/current models, probably Roland FP30, Kawai ES110, and Casio PX-anything are worth checking out....
see more
01/16/18 01:40 AM
Where are you from? I have a Yamaha YDP-181 for sale ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
01/16/18 01:39 AM
Hello! I'm back after an extended absence an it's nice to see familiar names still there - I hope everyone is well and thriving! Quick note and then I move past (TMI alert!) - today was the first day I've felt like touching my poor piano in 2-1/2 years. Life throws some serio...
see more
363 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/16/18 01:37 AM
Officially completed my first piece of the challenge (with a bunch more on the go): Bach: Little Prelude in C major, BWV 924 I'm focusing on intermediate level Baroque and Classical music this year, since that's my major weakness. So far so good - I love Bach! Hoping to get thr...
see more
5,524 Views · 205 Comments
01/16/18 01:34 AM
I have guitar center...
see more
Pianist Corner
01/16/18 01:33 AM
Thanks! I'll check out all of these players...
see more
1,621 Views · 19 Comments
01/16/18 01:30 AM
Do you have access to a brick & mortar store nearby that sells the $600-1200 stuff?...
see more
Piano Forum
01/16/18 01:10 AM
And then there's the documentary, Note by Note...
see more
320 Views · 2 Comments
01/16/18 01:09 AM
A quick question on buying a digital keyboard or digital piano. I am new to piano and recently retired. I have been playing and gigging on upright and electric bass for many years. Currently learning on a Casio CDP 100 and it seems ok but looking to get something nicer which I ...
see more
Piano Forum
01/16/18 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by MzrtBDB, you Clearly have no clue as to what is being discussed here. No one is talking about improving the sound of the piano. Tha acoustics of the listening space needs to be flat. I.e. No resonant peaks, in order to hear the sound source accurately. Most ...
see more
1,568 Views · 57 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
01/16/18 01:04 AM
Ok, suppose I'm on the bandstand, some guy comes sit in, tells me eleven, sixty six, seventy seven, ninety five or whatever.... I'll just tell him to get the heck out, right? you understand? I don't use that system, and I can play lots of songs in lots of keys... I wonder how I d...
see more
1,070 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/16/18 12:57 AM
dogperson - "fill my brain with self-dialogue about the music" - yup. I go lots of places besides there Stubbie - listening. The best advice I ever got, which I don't follow regularly :\ , is "listen, listen, listen". Makes such a huge difference when I do....
see more
607,073 Views · 1,031 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/16/18 12:52 AM
While going through the archives to read and learn about hammers and voicing, I ran across the following thread that had Keith Akin’s offer to send his “Voicing for the Rest of Us” article. Hard Hammers thread I’m not a tech, and despite the suggestions in the article...
see more
452 Views · 9 Comments
01/16/18 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by David-GOriginally Posted by Gene NelsonGetting colder than 20C the RH tends to fall and this is where humidity needs to be added. Not sure I understand this - surely as the temperature falls the RH rises? Well maybe I don't either - doesn't moisture free...
see more
550 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
01/16/18 12:46 AM
I played every Christmas for 10 years for a family friend's party on a Baldwin Acrosonic that had the sharpest edges on the plastic of the white keys. "Centered" you real quick! I always liked ebony naturals and polished, bone-covered sharps on a small pipe organ that ...
see more
1,144 Views · 21 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
01/16/18 12:41 AM
A familiar problem: Faulty Young Chang grand action brackets which distort, swell, and crack due to alloy failure. Anyone know a source for them? (a model 157 from 1990)....
see more
22 Views · 0 Comments
01/16/18 12:37 AM
Lbonini1, How old is this piano? Do you have a serial number? The only way to determine if breakage is due to faulty scale drafting is to measure the speaking lengths of the strings, record the current gauge numbers (micrometer measurement is better) and calculate the tensions ...
see more
682 Views · 24 Comments
01/16/18 12:34 AM
Nice!, makes sense Ed, i never really thought about the first coil consistancy, 180 from becket for the first 2-1/2 turns before tapping in, heck, that puts me 50% perfect from the getgo, watching my coils/pull technic will get me to 100% on the second pin of loop. Glad i asked,...
see more
260 Views · 5 Comments
01/16/18 12:32 AM
I have a customer that has a Schafer and Sons ( 41 inches) about 40 years old. She said the bass has a "tubby" sound. I could try bass string restoration on one string to see if that helps. Or try using hammer hardener one hammer. Any other suggestions?...
see more
410 Views · 10 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/16/18 12:30 AM
If this is the same Jacky Zhang that passed his ABRSM grade 8 piano with distinction at age seven in 2015... all I can say is wow, and congratulations Mr. Zhang on your son's phenomenal abilities!...
see more
643 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
01/16/18 12:26 AM
Hello Nam Anh Is your home an apartment or a house. I was told once by people who live in an apartment in Switzerland and also in Italy about "penibles" neighbours who complain when a piano was played even during the day time !. Is it true ?...
see more
4,731 Views · 63 Comments
Piano Forum
01/16/18 12:23 AM
Originally Posted by PianolanceOriginally Posted by Michael.I recently purchased a Paul Jansen Artist Bench. I sat on the fence for a long time because of cost. Honestly, now that I been using it for a while it was well worth it. It is firmly padded but in addition it is silent, ...
see more
493 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/16/18 12:20 AM
Cathy, glad to see you back in the FOYD thread. I haven't posted here in a while, either, mostly out of laziness, I guess. Your mention of getting the rust out of your pieces is a good reminder that repertoire doesn't just fall into our laps, let alone stay there if it should h...
see more
607,073 Views · 1,031 Comments
Page 65 of 86 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 85 86
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Melville Clark Apollo Grand - What to do?
by PGA Rick. 01/20/18 11:09 PM
Wanted: Verituner 100
by Will Horne. 01/20/18 10:30 PM
Help - rhythm
by Moo :). 01/20/18 07:07 PM
Make your own (cheap) sound absorbing panels
by FrankCox. 01/20/18 05:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,888
Posts2,688,996
Members89,486
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission