Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
102 registered (alans, accordeur, anamnesis, AmDG, AndyP, ajames, 28 invisible), 1940 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by JimmyDaGreek @ 04/25/17 01:11 PM

UpNorth >> Don't like the topic then move on and stfu
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: ED Seiler vs Yamaha CX2 by PianoWorksATL @ 04/25/17 01:11 PM

We've put Seiler ED168 & ED186 grands in a variety of high use, high profile venues with great results. Numerous churches, a jazz club, a university and several wonderful pianist's homes and all are doing well. We've had them chosen in direct c
Pianist Corner
There are actually 2 Nocturnes in C# minor, as it happens. Do you mean the Opus Posthumous one, or the Op. 27 #1? The former is thought to be somewhat easier than the latter. Going from Zero to Chopin in 2 years is a pretty steep climb, in my
Piano Forum
Why do you think they would not have approved?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts How respected is Ludovico Einaudi in the piano community? by johnjones795 @ 04/25/17 01:03 PM

How respected is Ludovico Einaudi in the piano community? I have heard that he is not well liked
Piano Forum
I often wonder what the great man would have made of the music that succeeded him. Something tells me that he, and the other Baroque composers, would not have approved. What does PW think?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rebuild Project - Possible? by Retsacnal @ 04/25/17 01:01 PM

The Reblitz book, which is frequently extolled here, specifically targets hobbyists as part of its audience (see it right on the cover). In the preface to the first edition, the publisher "hopes that the book will serve to assist all of those -
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying this baby grand by JohnSprung @ 04/25/17 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By itsmeunc Could fit a full concert grand in there if we had the money and desire to do so. If you look long enough, you can get one in decent shape for $20K. As for the uninspectable auction piano, $4-5K is clearly too much.
Pianist Corner
Nobody needs to ask which of the 2 he means? Not that the answer would necessarily be different, but....
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Re: Zimmermann 119000 by Kari @ 04/25/17 12:45 PM

Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me on a piano as I don’t know much about pianos, brands, etc. I live in England but I am originally from Peru. My parents, who live in Peru, have a piano at home and they would like me to bring the piano over the U
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By NorbertIt was interesting to see that the often mentioned "famous" pianos in smaller sizes did not very often seem to make the cut. They all knew theirs was for practice only, so highly responsive touch was a particul
Jump to new posts Re: pedal extender for digital piano by Gombessa @ 04/25/17 12:43 PM

I totally defer to Morodiene on this (who formally teaches piano), but my 3-4yo loves having access to the pedals and often refuses to do anything with the piano until she can reach them. So I just have a little kiddie stool that the pedals sit under
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a JW by Gary D. @ 04/25/17 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By currawongUnless they've put christmassy words to it in the method book, Ode to Joy is *not* a christmas song. Check out the words (Schiller) in Beethoven's 9th. The probl
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by J van E @ 04/25/17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By Albert BrightenMany of the short pieces in the Fundamental Keys book are also in a book called 'Classics to Moderns' for which there are several instructive videos to be found on YouTube. Yes, I found a few of them already but I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Gary D. @ 04/25/17 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Gary, do you mean about the Chopin that is so often played wrong? Yes, I did see it, thank you. Specifically about the C# Minor Waltz, where the confusion comes from the composer himself, probably miscopying his o
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by HSFlik @ 04/25/17 12:36 PM

Why not? People buy red digital pianos, even.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Traumerei practice thread by zrtf90 @ 04/25/17 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Wow, thanks for that list!You were there at its birth (pardon the allusion to newborns, and congratulations, by the way) and it hasn't really changed much since that time.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by keystring @ 04/25/17 12:32 PM

Quote:I also completed my degree 15 years ago and in college when I meekly challenged my piano teacher, he in so many words, told me I could leave. Insecure piano teacher? It depends on what you challenged him on, and why. Flashback - 1960's, gr
Jump to new posts Re: Roland FP-90 by Tom Fort @ 04/25/17 12:31 PM

bigbang- What are those stands you use for your JBL LSR305's? How do you like the 305's overall? It seems for the size and price, they are a great set of monitors to use at home with a digital piano. Are you listening to the original songs in your
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniIf you buy directly from the factory, you may get a larger pool of the model you are interested to choose from. Most high end makers will not "cut out" their dealers. That does not foster a good business r
Pianist Corner
Can you play the notes in two years? Probably. Can you play it well in two years? Absolutely no. There are lots of things that you need to know to play this nocturne well including, but not limited to: voicing, how to keep A legato touch throug
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By lordaurielMy ex-Bösendorfer piano technician said that the hand-built ones are basically luxury items, but you can't say the "academy series" is "cheaper" in terms of build quality. He kinda sneered at the pr
Pianist Corner
+1 ^ Are your goals just to learn to play those two pieces, or do you want to play others? If you want to play others, then you would do well to learn he skills necessary to play whatever you desire. To do so, that does mean learning to play in a se
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by Morodiene @ 04/25/17 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsMorodiene, I feel she enjoys playing the piano, but her interest seems to lie more in improvising. I planned to recommend that the family look into a teacher who works more on improvisation. She would most likely
Jump to new posts Re: Can Pianoteq (etc.) be run on an iPad? by Tom Fort @ 04/25/17 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By jokkeI would assume Pianoteq is mostly coded in C or higher level language, in which case porting to iOS should not be too bad. Of course the performance might depend on some highly parallel commands on modern x86 processors, in
Page 65 of 92 < 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 91 92 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
aftertouch or something else?
by PlunkyPlink
04/29/17 08:31 PM
Starting a new trend?
by DonZon
04/29/17 08:07 PM
transfer students with years of old habits
by chueh
04/29/17 07:37 PM
A Waltz Recital - any interest?
by Schubertian
04/29/17 05:40 PM
Steinway Upright
by supersport
04/29/17 04:52 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,292 Topics
2,620,623 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission