Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
79 registered members (36251, anotherscott, accordeur, Almaviva, AZ_Astro, 21 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
10/12/17 05:54 AM
I added 2 short pieces to Granados. (I recorded them for the "40 Pieces a Year" challenge, so hope it's okay if I use those recordings.) To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red tex...
see more
4,859 Views · 102 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
10/12/17 05:26 AM
Yes!...
see more
3,610 Views · 75 Comments
Piano Forum
10/12/17 05:19 AM
I don't think there are any piano stores in Lincoln. The last time I was in Lincoln (8 years ago?) I found one store that sold a few Yamaha uprights (Dietz Music ?) - but I don't think they carry pianos now.. If you are willing to drive an hour to Omaha there are two large st...
see more
326 Views · 5 Comments
10/12/17 05:14 AM
MP11SE New Features & Improvements (compared to MP11) New: Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and SK-5 grand piano soundsNew: GFP-3 triple pedal unit included (optical sensors for each pedal, engineered and manufactured by Kawai)New: Classic side arm design in ebony polish finish (same as ...
see more
10/12/17 05:13 AM
Hello folks, Here's some new product information that you may be interested in: QuoteKawai Japan is proud to announce the MP11SE and MP7SE, the latest additions to the highly regarded MP Series of professional stage pianos, and successors to the popular MP11 and MP7 respectivel...
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
10/12/17 05:08 AM
I recommend the book called Piano Teaching and the Business Behind it by Kathy Yiu. This book includes all the answers that piano teachers have, eg. book list for each grade, practice methods, how to motivate students to practice, how to advertise and maintain students, how to ch...
see more
213,728 Views · 127 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/12/17 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by dmdOriginally Posted by OshoI wonder what people have to say about looking at hands in this (Time: 4:24 in the video below) !! https://youtu.be/aEkXet4WX_c?t=264 Osho You appear to be missing the point. I am not disputing/challenging any points discuss...
see more
1,128 Views · 37 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
10/12/17 04:48 AM
I recommend the book called Piano Teaching and the Business Behind it by Kathy Yiu. This book includes all the answers that piano teachers have, eg. book list for each grade, practice methods, how to motivate students to practice, how to advertise and maintain students, how to ch...
see more
213,728 Views · 127 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/12/17 04:45 AM
Moo - maybe I should have waited 10 years to play it ;0 Utkonos - thanks, I like the blues piece. nice job. Here is another piece I'm working on for the upcoming exam. I'm beginning to wonder why I sign up for these things. I finally got an attenuator cable, to reduce the signal...
see more
1,973 Views · 48 Comments
Piano Forum
10/12/17 04:42 AM
Hamilton MO is home to the Missouri Star Quilt Co. http://www.npr.org/2015/05/21/408452759/one-family-revitalizes-a-small-town-with-yes-quilts for pianos however you'll find a bigger selection in Kansas City, not too far away. safe journeys...
see more
326 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
10/12/17 04:30 AM
One of them is the Gladstone temperament, the other is the Disraeli....
see more
974 Views · 53 Comments
10/12/17 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by Chris LeslieOriginally Posted by DoelKeesOriginally Posted by BeemerBelow I have shown the correction values for ETD supplied by and Robert Scott(left) and Bill Bremner (right) TuneLab EBVT III F 1.49 +1.8 F# -0.17 -0.3 G 2.73 ...
see more
974 Views · 53 Comments
10/12/17 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by DoelKeesOriginally Posted by BeemerBelow I have shown the correction values for ETD supplied by and Robert Scott(left) and Bill Bremner (right) TuneLab EBVT III F 1.49 +1.8 F# -0.17 -0.3 G 2.73 +3.1 G# 0.93 +0.7 A ...
see more
974 Views · 53 Comments
Piano Forum
10/12/17 04:09 AM
You're kidding, right? Hamilton, Mo. population 1,724....
see more
326 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
10/12/17 03:20 AM
Hello: I will be visiting Lincoln, Nebraska and Hamilton, Missouri next month, any recommendations for piano stores I should visit? Thank you, Don...
see more
326 Views · 5 Comments
10/12/17 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by BeemerBelow I have shown the correction values for ETD supplied by and Robert Scott(left) and Bill Bremner (right) TuneLab EBVT III F 1.49 +1.8 F# -0.17 -0.3 G 2.73 +3.1 G# 0.93 +0.7 A 0.00 0.0 A# ...
see more
974 Views · 53 Comments
10/12/17 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by Gene NelsonIts not reliable to test the interference fit of balance rail pin against balance rail hole when the key is lifted at an angle. The test happens with the action stack off. Id take BDB's advice. Yes, you would take the stack off to ease the keys, a...
see more
601 Views · 15 Comments
10/12/17 02:41 AM
The AG N3/N3X has a “soundboard resonator”—a pair of transducers coupled to the hardwood underneath the music rack. Is that the same as the CA series soundboard? I actually preferred the sound of the N2 (without soundboard resonator). Maybe something about the way the soun...
see more
35,969 Views · 420 Comments
10/12/17 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by WeiyanThe pin block of new Yamaha had changed, unlike old day Yamaha, soft, easy to tune, nearly no pin setting needed. I had customers with new Yamaha, paid me instead using the free tunings included in the new piano. Even the house tuner of the Yamaha agent...
see more
577 Views · 18 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/12/17 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by bennevisOne good way to assess the greatness of a composer is to see how many other great composers loved his music and paid homage to him. For Wolfie, you have Beethoven of course (modeling several works on his idol's, most obviously his Piano & Wind Q...
see more
1,659 Views · 84 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/12/17 02:24 AM
Count me among the people who were blown away by "Amadeus". I wish I could say it instantly brought me to understand Mozart. Yes, I went right out and bought the CD of the Requium, and listened to it non stop for a time.....but I think I was too young to really take o...
see more
1,659 Views · 84 Comments
10/12/17 02:23 AM
Thanks for the post. I didn't aware the difference but I felt TuneLab ebvt iii is less aggressive than Veritune ebvt iii. You can create a new custom temperament and input the offsets....
see more
974 Views · 53 Comments
10/12/17 02:21 AM
Thanks, ColoRodney!...
see more
395 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
10/12/17 02:14 AM
A few Christmases ago PBS aired several Victor Borge specials back to back. I remember going to sleep that night with my stomach hurting from having laughed so much....
see more
635 Views · 4 Comments
10/12/17 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by David BoyceScott, I bought the new Fujan head that takes the Jahn tips. I still have the old head and I have a No 1 and an extra long N0 2 tip for it. The thread on the ordinary No 2 tip (I think they were Watanabe?) got worn. The Jahn tip seems very strong....
see more
449 Views · 10 Comments
Page 63 of 71 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 70 71
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Thomas Bailey
by ClsscLib. 10/17/17 09:46 PM
Good Gig Bag for Roland RD700NX?
by ClsscLib. 10/17/17 09:26 PM
What piano brands that use high-quality actions.
by JDRPiano. 10/17/17 09:17 PM
Getting better at memorizing
by rov. 10/17/17 07:08 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,353
Posts2,665,348
Members88,982
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission