Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
60 registered members (Beemer, beeboss, Bach_ingMaddie, AZNpiano, AZ_Astro, 8 invisible), 1,413 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
12/12/17 06:07 AM
Originally Posted by GombessaOriginally Posted by Velluth Just tried doing this, I can indeed feel a vibration on the keys with fallback. I believe this means the keys with fallback noise return to rest just slightly higher than the keys without the noise, and they hit there fa...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
12/12/17 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Velluth Just tried doing this, I can indeed feel a vibration on the keys with fallback. I believe this means the keys with fallback noise return to rest just slightly higher than the keys without the noise, and they hit there fallboard on their way back up....
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 06:02 AM
A dose of realism never hurt anyone . . . . .OUCH! As for me; entered Grammar school at 11, "A" stream. I was the clever one; piano teacher thought I was something special. Dad loved Chopin (I didn't and don't). Got dumped to "B" stream at the first hurdle....
see more
625 Views · 14 Comments
12/12/17 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by GombessaRegarding the black key fallback noise, I couldn't hear anything in the video. But I would suggest placing your hand directly against the fall board above a key that makes the sound, and pressing that key. Try as well with a key that is silent. Do you...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
12/12/17 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesHello Velluth, welcome to the forum. I appreciate that there are some variations in the sound produced when different keys are pressed, however I personally have to wonder how noticeable this truly is when the instrument is turned on, with speaker...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
12/12/17 05:33 AM
The title says it all. I'm currently using the Kawai EX-Pro (which is fantastic btw), but I would like to add another piano to my VST library. I'm considering either the Ivory II American Concert D or the Ravenscroft 275. Both sound fantastic, but I don't have enough money for...
see more
534 Views · 9 Comments
12/12/17 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesRegarding modelling, all Kawai DPs incorporate this technology to a greater or lesser extent. However, the resonance system developed for the SK-EX Rendering sound engine is far more advanced than any previous simulation. Kind regards, James x J...
see more
812 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 05:18 AM
Hi, Does anyone have a silent system (such as PianoDisc QuietTime or something similar) installed in a grand piano and use it regularly? How much does it alter the action in your opinion? Also, if you have a recommendation for a silent system that can be retro-fitted in a grand...
see more
360 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by Tim AdriansonHi, cmb13! Well, I'm not the official "referee" -- what I would do is PM Schubertian, who is overseeing this Themed e-Cital, and see whether it's OK with him. And I know what you're getting at regarding the 3-3-2/8 sections -- they...
see more
4,165 Views · 84 Comments
12/12/17 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by GombessaThe mp11 is the quietest digital action I've played, by a country mile. This may well true, but no keyboard action is completely silent. Sometimes I wonder if some customers have slightly unrealistic expectations in this regard. James x...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
12/12/17 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesI hear quite a lot lossy compression artefacts in the video's sound. Assuming the MP7 was captured using the USB Audio function to a WAV file, there should be no compression. When syncing the audio to your video, ensure that the video project is ...
see more
299 Views · 8 Comments
12/12/17 04:59 AM
Regarding the black key fallback noise, I couldn't hear anything in the video. But I would suggest placing your hand directly against the fall board above a key that makes the sound, and pressing that key. Try as well with a key that is silent. Do you feel a vibration in the fall...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 04:43 AM
Chris, when you next talk to Wayne Stuart, listen to what he actually says, not what you think he's said. He makes no bones about the extra notes, the extra pedal, the wacky music stand etc. Whether there's any real merit in these developments is moot (the piano repetoire isn't ...
see more
2,310 Views · 74 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by bennevisOriginally Posted by StubbieOh, there most definitely are pieces that must be played fast, very fast. But if they're played 50% faster than the composer intended, they don't sound 50% better--they sound 50% worse, imo. Actually, in almost all cas...
see more
1,032 Views · 39 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
12/12/17 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by daniokeeperOriginally Posted by daniokeeperOriginally Posted by Chris LeslieJoe, was the client aware of the tuning style, and did they provide feed back? I guess that if they knew what was happening then they would give a more biased feedback. Hi Chris, T...
see more
11,739 Views · 147 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by Moo :) my suggestions- find a recording and listen to it (if you get the 'correct' version in your head it is easier) - It's the most important! Listen beforehand the record 20 times - this will shorten the work time on instrument. The next important poin...
see more
781 Views · 22 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 04:20 AM
Movement at the piano is really hard to communicate. I'm not even sure it's teachable. Words are not very successful. Videos are kind of meh. I think this slow approach and exaggerated approach is a good way to approach that. But I'm not sure if it's something that makes sense o...
see more
506 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
12/12/17 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Bremmer RPTI thought that the combination of using bamboo for the back, sides and neck of the guitar but still using spruce for what we would think of as the soundboard was interesting. It is as if the maker had predetermined that bamboo would not work ...
see more
1,123 Views · 41 Comments
12/12/17 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by kermit_xcoh, sorry - my post wasn't clear. I was able to play the 603 and 605 - I do like them If you liked the HP603/HP605 and these models are within your budget, why not buy one of them? Originally Posted by kermit_xcunfortunately no local Kawai dealer f...
see more
419 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
12/12/17 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by dogpersonOriginally Posted by EpeeMost certainly very true, and I'm looking forward to that day. I found a Petrof 5'8" that I fell in love with, and it checked out. So now I have the best of both worlds. Should get delivered on Friday. Wonderful ne...
see more
2,155 Views · 51 Comments
12/12/17 04:06 AM
oh, sorry - my post wasn't clear. I was able to play the 603 and 605 - I do like them, but unfortunately no local Kawai dealer for me ...
see more
419 Views · 12 Comments
12/12/17 04:00 AM
kermit_xc, I would strongly recommend visiting a Roland and Kawai dealer to try the models under consideration. Kind regards, James x...
see more
419 Views · 12 Comments
12/12/17 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by MacMacMacBefore listening to that video I was not really expecting to hear any remarkable difference between the "normal" key noise and the "bad" key noise. The sound of a You Tube video played through laptop speakers tends to yield poor a...
see more
925 Views · 23 Comments
12/12/17 03:57 AM
Regarding modelling, all Kawai DPs incorporate this technology to a greater or lesser extent. However, the resonance system developed for the SK-EX Rendering sound engine is far more advanced than any previous simulation. Kind regards, James x...
see more
812 Views · 16 Comments
12/12/17 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by EssBraceI had the FP90 for a few days. The new fully modelled sounds just aren't right to my ears. And the more exposure you have to them the more fatiguing they get. I feel very lucky that mine had a faulty keyboard so I could send it back without having to ...
see more
812 Views · 16 Comments
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Albinoni Digital piano
by Sara Taylor. 12/18/17 02:21 AM
New Piano Tuning
by Michael.. 12/17/17 09:56 PM
WHEN YOU FIRST SIT DOWN
by MICHAEL122. 12/17/17 07:40 PM
HOW TO BEGIN A PRACTICE SESSION
by MICHAEL122. 12/17/17 07:37 PM
Program of study?
by gingko2. 12/17/17 06:01 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,332
Posts2,680,013
Members89,283
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission