Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
103 registered (accordeur, Amatheus, ajames, 36251, 7uturu, 23 invisible), 2001 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My right pinky is annoying by rocket88 @ 04/26/17 11:25 PM

Simply being relaxed is certainly where to start, and is a constant goal, but is not a panacea for good playing, or an automatic remedy for other problems. That is not my experience personally, nor as a teacher. For example, a person can be basical
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My right pinky is annoying by Richrf @ 04/26/17 11:15 PM

If one is relaxed then one is relaxed. After this technique is the expressive gestures which is different for every pianist as it is for every type artist. Greatness begin in imagination. Relaxation allows the expression to come forth as the gesture.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by DoelKees @ 04/26/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By BDBOriginally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By DoelKees That's very interesting. It seems most people do not, so perhaps you have developed or were born with an ability most of us don't hav
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand piano on tile/croncete floor by Mzrt @ 04/26/17 11:08 PM

Ive done this exact thing using these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/16782141?wmls...13=&veh=sem
Jump to new posts Re: help getting started ? by Mark Cerisano @ 04/26/17 11:03 PM

I sent you a private message.
Jump to new posts Re: Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? by Mark Cerisano @ 04/26/17 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By johnjones795Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? I ask because I was wondering if I can keep the lid of the piano up rather than down as it looks nice. No.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Mark Cerisano @ 04/26/17 11:00 PM

How do you explain band pass filters that ciearly indicate specific loud frequencies at the expected partials and nothing at the other frequencies?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My right pinky is annoying by rocket88 @ 04/26/17 10:59 PM

A person playing the piano can be very relaxed in their body, yet have something amiss in their technique at the piano, which results in tension in the hand. It is a separate area of body control need, especially during certain maneuvers in the musi
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by Austin B @ 04/26/17 10:59 PM

I've understood that it's a very complicated task and before I even started I decided that, if things go very bad, I'll just play Jerry Lee Lewis's "great balls of fire" and burn it. But I've received a lot of help from my piano tech and th
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by P W Grey @ 04/26/17 10:54 PM

Sounds like you have never done refinishing before. A piano is a difficult place to start. Many begin (thinking it's just like a piece of furniture) and give up halfway through as they start to realize it is a gigantic endeavor they were not REALLY
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by BDB @ 04/26/17 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By DoelKees That's very interesting. It seems most people do not, so perhaps you have developed or were born with an ability most of us don't have? Kees I rather doub
Jump to new posts Re: Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? by P W Grey @ 04/26/17 10:41 PM

If you leave your top up all the time you will end up with a very warped top that eventually may not close properly anymore. It is strongly suggested that you only open the lid when playing, then put it down. Pwg
Jump to new posts Re: whippens for a Kranich and Bach Parlor Grand. by P W Grey @ 04/26/17 10:37 PM

I have often felt that this is a good job for a 3D printer. Pwg
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: pedal extender for digital piano by Gombessa @ 04/26/17 10:12 PM

Haha, thanks James and Morodiene. I'm not holding my breath for a prodigy just yet (and have no idea what kind of support that would entail), but I think a basic understanding and appreciation of music at a young age would be wonderful enrichment (as
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai mp11 problem. by Kawai James @ 04/26/17 10:11 PM

Hello Knario, thank you for your reply. Originally Posted By KnarioI bought the piano at https://www.hipermusic.es/es/ It is a shop that is here in the Canaries. Not being distributors of Kawai, was sent to ask to Bilbao Trading. I'm curious, how d
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Tokyo, Took Pictures of Lots of Keyboards by marimorimo @ 04/26/17 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By JoeTIt's interesting how all the used gear looks like new. That's how it is for most second-hand goods of any type in Japan. They take care of their stuff extremely well. It's always a pleasure for me to buy second hand in Japa
Jump to new posts Re: Why doesn't Kawai sell the CA17 in the USA? by Kawai James @ 04/26/17 09:40 PM

bradhapa, oscar1, thank you for your posts. My recommendation would be to inform Kawai America of your desire to purchase the CA17 locally. Perhaps if enough customers express an interest in this model, Kawai America will introduce it to the market
Piano Forum
$2500 pays for plenty of lessons, and isn't the kawai a smaller piano, and essentially their entry level grand ? be quite sure you and your kids feel it is the better piano if you choose that route. if you have uncertainties about the Ritmuller, ke
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Dustin Adams @ 04/26/17 09:34 PM

I use a screwdriver style tack puller available at any hardware store to move the springs.
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By RallyOriginally Posted By Mark_CYes. For example, check out this thread. WOW! That is an impressive thread. 73 pages spanning 10 years. I would say Einaudi is not only respected, but much loved as well. Maybe, but it doesn
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by preludes @ 04/26/17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By Alexander BorroI wonder with all these stage pianos these days, they have sooo many sounds. In the time owned you'll probably never end up using them all, and probably not hear many of them ... ever. Honestly I wish they'd c
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Tokyo, Took Pictures of Lots of Keyboards by Kawai James @ 04/26/17 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By HSFlikI recently visited Tokyo and took like a bazillion pictures of keyboards... Wow, what an incredible collections of instruments! The next time you (or any other fellow PW members) go keyboard hunting in Tokyo, please give
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by DoelKees @ 04/26/17 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By DoelKees That's very interesting. It seems most people do not, so perhaps you have developed or were born with an ability most of us don't have? Kees I rather doubt that. I have always had the
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_CYes. For example, check out this thread. WOW! That is an impressive thread. 73 pages spanning 10 years. I would say Einaudi is not only respected, but much loved as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by UnrightTooner @ 04/26/17 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By Mark CerisanoKent, It appears you have an agenda which makes it difficult for me to discuss things rationally with you, so I will gracefully bow out of this discussion. I wish you all the best. There is nothing graceful in sa
Page 60 of 99 < 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 98 99 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Brahms op.10
by P3T3R
04/30/17 09:19 PM
Pianoteq & Audio Interface
by bSharp(C)yclist
04/30/17 06:27 PM
Chord voicings - 500 Miles High
by GoldmanT
04/30/17 06:02 PM
An Afternoon in Vienna
by Rich Galassini
04/30/17 05:35 PM
Yamaha baby grand GA1 model value and quality question
by itsmeunc
04/30/17 05:31 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,563 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,324 Topics
2,621,044 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission