Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
77 registered (Akarukun, augustm, aahmedd, AmDG, Arty Movie, alwatson, 18 invisible), 1393 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
I disagree with a few of the other posts. I would get either a nice digital or a small grand. Nice digitals (Kawai MP11, etc) IMO are nicer than most uprights that less than $10k. I do most of my practicing on a MP11. I recently bought a Petrof P
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 90 year old Steinway M or new Hailun HG-161? by 12rabidbadgers @ Yesterday at 08:46 PM

Sorry I wasn't clear. I can get the Steinway for free but I expect to spend close to $15K to restore it which makes it close to the same price point as a new HG-161.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 90 year old Steinway M or new Hailun HG-161? by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

The price points really are not close at all unless you want to play a very old Steinway that may be close to unplayable right now(you don't say how it plays/sounds in its present condition). 15K additional would be a VERY low estimate if the piano
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DIGITAL PIANO "PRICES PAID" by pwl @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

USER LOCATION: San Jose CA MAKE: Kawai MODEL: ES110 CONDITION: New PRICE PAID: $613.45 USD DELIVERY CHARGE: Free shipping VENDOR LOCATION: Online VENDOR NAME: zZounds.com PURCHASE DATE: April 2017 This is the second ES110 I've purchased. (First one
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDOriginally Posted By JoelWYou're overcomplicating it. Einaudi is crud. I admire the diplomacy of your detailed response, allowing differing points of view their just place. Someone making millions of dollars to "
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by UnrightTooner @ Yesterday at 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By DoelKeesOriginally Posted By BDBObsessing over irrelevant semantic points just makes clear your inability to explain anything yourself. Did you happen to look at the example of longitudinal waves on the site you posted? Did that
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How respected is Ludovico Einaudi in the piano community? by Polyphonist @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By JoelWEinaudi is crud. I'd say this is quite a bit more elucidation than the topic deserves. Perhaps more concision is warranted.
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy duty piano drawer project by Kawai James @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Thank you for the update Steve! Wow, that's a lot of great looking gear - cool pic! Cheers, James x
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 90 year old Steinway M or new Hailun HG-161? by huaidongxi @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

have you played steinway M's that this same restorer has finished ? what gives you confidence that the piano will be worth the considerable investment you're putting into it ? my own experience with vintage M's, never found one that impressed me at
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Piano drunk? by Zilthy @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

From personal experience, all I can say is next time record it. See how magical it is the next morning.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: MOYD 2017 by mom3gram @ Yesterday at 08:05 PM

Please exuse me for April 25, 26 snd 27. I had a root anal that didn't go too well, and the pain pills have made me dizzy and nauseous. Hope to feel better tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: pedal extender for digital piano by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By Tom FortI like the custom music stand extender... Haha, yeah that is a cutout from a large Amazon/Ikea box. It holds about 7 sheets if you overlap the margins.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days, IV. The Second Coming by pwl @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By AlbuneaI know nothing of the genre but my sincere perception is that this would sound AWESOME live with real voices! I'm with Albunea - YES!
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By JoelWYou're overcomplicating it. Einaudi is crud. I admire the diplomacy of your detailed response, allowing differing points of view their just place.
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by newer player @ Yesterday at 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By BucksterI've been looking for a decent USB audio interface myself - with low latency, to use my keyboard with software VSTs and my guitar with "soft-amps" on the PC - and the 2 that seem to come out best latency wise ar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by Pogorelich. @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

Cliburn
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Playing Piano drunk? by Cutestpuppie @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

Came home drunk and apparently, I was playing Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement with both my feet according to my friend LOOOL. No seriously have you guys played the piano drunk or even high??? I've heard that drugs can enhance your performance in so
Jump to new posts Re: pedal extender for digital piano by Tom Fort @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

I like the custom music stand extender...
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by bSharp(C)yclist @ Yesterday at 07:40 PM

I was referring the Lulu version. Maybe I'll get some benefit out of it. The only method books I own are the Alfred's for Adults. I like that this (or so I understand) is structured around classical. There is a young child I know of that might benefi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why relaxation is fundamental to artistry by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By f3rRich, I've done and currently am doing exercises that involve full body awareness and relaxation of the entire arm, up to the shoulder. I know you were taking a break (hopefully not permanent) from piano. Are you doing genera
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why relaxation is fundamental to artistry by Zilthy @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By f3r Now... a student doesn't need every information he/she can get about technique or whatever, unless he/she is planning to become a teacher but I would want a clear explanation of what I have to do and how to achieve that if I
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why relaxation is fundamental to artistry by Richrf @ Yesterday at 07:26 PM

The basic principles of relaxation are studied quite a bit in Asian countries, especially China, where the concepts of relaxation (Song) and energy (Qi) are imbued in their culture including areas of health, sports, and the arts (Chinese and Japanese
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why relaxation is fundamental to artistry by bennevis @ Yesterday at 07:22 PM

It's all so odd, this emphasis on "relaxation" (all of it emanating from one source - there's one very long thread already by a relative newcomer, and now here's another, and everyone is seemingly dancing to his tune....) almost as if it's
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by wouldloveto @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

If I can add my 2c... After many years of playing a keyboard only by ear and a few scattered notions of music, I bought the 1st book of the new edition but after scanning through all the pages I decided it was too basic for me and went ahead with the
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaI have, now, heard from Veneta regarding the recital. The easiest thing is simply to paste her message to me: Dear Philip, I can now confirm the programme for the recital in your house. It will be the same as my ne
Page 6 of 89 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 88 89 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Wire Music Wire Piano Strings

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Hammer blow distance and dynamic range
by electone2007
50 minutes 37 seconds ago
USB Thumb Drive vs. External Hard Drive
by DCCCXLV
Today at 05:47 AM
Kawai ES8 FM TiNES Sample Library
by Kakaze74
Today at 05:37 AM
So, what does it really take?
by PianogrlNW
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Does Not Belong?
by Zilthy
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,256 Topics
2,619,999 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission