Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
80 registered (accordeur, 36251, Anita Potter, 7uturu, agraffe, 26 invisible), 2100 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Vienna Imperial VSL setup problem by Morodiene @ 03/19/17 05:09 PM

Drop-outs and cracking usually means you need to increase your buffer size. Trying upping it just a little, test it, and if you still experience the sounds, increase just a bit more. You don't want it to be too high, or your latency will go up. Try
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK-3 188cm versus 186cm by PhilipInChina @ 03/19/17 05:02 PM

The old ones were amazing. If the new ones are better, well, what can one say?
I should update this in case anyone runs across it. TSE3 did not work out. It took a bit of work to get it to build properly (I could not get any distro version to work at all, and the raw source won't compile). And it ALMOST works, but I kept stum
Jump to new posts OT ... DiGiGrid headphone amp by Dave Horne @ 03/19/17 04:56 PM

I don't have a need for a headphone amp since I bought a Mackie 4 channel mixer which not only serves as a headphone amp but could serve many other purposes as well. (I paid €119 and the price is now €99.) I only mention this DiGiGrid since it
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No. 2 by ChopinFan66 @ 03/19/17 04:56 PM

Thanks again. The Schirmer edition, at the beginning, has the "C", but, there is no line through it! Eek! Perhaps I should not have purchased the Schirmer edition.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Shigeru Kawai SK-3 188cm versus 186cm by Kurtmen @ 03/19/17 04:42 PM

Hi SKjalg, We received a Shigeru Kawai SK3 that we used for San Francisco Bay Area performance of Yoshiki (He is a Japanese pop star). We worked on prepping this piano for the performance. There is a biased coming from a Shigeru Kawai Dealer but I h
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RichrfThis is one of the channels I use for supplemental knowledge. .... In this video she uses singing as a metaphor. In Tai Chi I use waves in water or water filling a balloon. https://youtu.be/tVkU_5G0Ow8 I am familiar wit
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Broke little finger (tip) motorcycle accident by bennevis @ 03/19/17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By Terry Michael I did NOT know there were any pieces for LEFT only. That is very exciting. If anyone has any favorite links to any pieces please share. There are many of them - see the list in dogperson's link above. This is p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite piece you learned in the first two years by Terry Michael @ 03/19/17 04:36 PM

+ 1 for The Sick Doll.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice for a new piano by PhilipInChina @ 03/19/17 04:26 PM

Perhaps in the intervening 4 years + the OP has bought a piano. I wonder which one. My head would say Yamaha, but my heart would say Blüthner and spend a bit of money on it.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No. 2 by Mark_C @ 03/19/17 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By ChopinFan661. So, looking at measure #2, supposing the metronome is clicking, on the first click, the right hand plays c major and the left hand(at the same time), plays e natural, correct? (That measure is actually considered th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts 20,000 Topics on ABF! by PhilipInChina @ 03/19/17 04:20 PM

I see ABF is up to 20,000 topics! Quite a milestone. Would anybody like 4 pianos, 5 stools, several hardly used piano teaching guides and a couple of metronomes? I might be willing to exchange them for a triangle and a stick with which to hit it.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Slow practice question by Whizbang @ 03/19/17 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By ScottswaldIs this ok for repetition or should I slow it down to a snails pace where there are no delays whatsoever? The latter is better. If you are having trouble stitching all four measures without hesitations, then stitch a
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quarter sawing by P W Grey @ 03/19/17 04:05 PM

I saw that video a while back when I was looking to maybe buy a sawmill for my woods. Ultimately never did though. Pwg
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Slow practice question by Scottswald @ 03/19/17 04:04 PM

I'm doing repetitions of slow practice for a certain 4 bars that I'm having trouble with - I've slowed it down to a slow pace where I can get all the correct notes however between each bar there is hesitation (to safely make sure I'm drilling the cor
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Broke little finger (tip) motorcycle accident by Terry Michael @ 03/19/17 04:02 PM

Thanks everyone for your wisdom. I decided I couldn't stand being away anymore from the piano yesterday so I started back after a week and took some of your advice in mind. The only worries I have in involving the right (injured) hand in anything is
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Arpeggio notation placement by gooddog @ 03/19/17 03:48 PM

I can see how that looks confusing. Most likely, all the notes are arpeggiated, starting with the left hand D through the right hand D.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By RichrfThis is one teacher's take on the subject. Of some interest are the associated comments. My own preference is to always try to understand the underlying concepts as opposed to the words being used, since word usage is const
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: March Piano Bar by Riddler @ 03/19/17 03:26 PM

Bert, welcome to the piano bar. I have always liked that song. Excellent arrangement by Kent Hewitt, with appealing interior lines and interesting reharmonizations. And beautifully played, as usual. Also enjoyed hearing your arrangement of the verse.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Lessons More Than 1 Time Per Week by pianoMom2006 @ 03/19/17 03:23 PM

Definitely not looking for a second lesson to push per se...just thinking he may enjoy piano with more frequent feedback..He's doing a few double weeks this spring so I guess I'll see how it goes. I know he enjoys piano more the better he plays. I a
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Audio (mic) with Clavinova CVP-709 by TheodorN @ 03/19/17 03:21 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Tune without "T-Curve" in tune lab by rysowers @ 03/19/17 03:18 PM

Try it amiiiir, and see how the piano sounds! Dig a little deeper in Wikipedia and read the article on piano accoustics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_acoustics#The_Railsback_curve and also read the article on "inharmonicity".
Adult Beginners Forum
This was in response to what I wrote. Originally Posted By RichrfOne can seek precision in art if one wishes. It is the difference between Rembrandt and Monet - both seeking precision in their own manner. We're missing each other here. I was referr
You can't go overboard with Protek, while you can with alcohol/water. Amazon has it as well as ebay. Since still don't know EXACTLY the source of the problem I would not suggest a/W. Only if you KNOW it's a tight action center...ok. A little knowle
Jump to new posts Vienna Imperial VSL setup problem by Zoli @ 03/19/17 03:11 PM

Hi. I bought Vienna Imperial VSL, but after several installation still not working properly. the problem it could be me, because this is my first virtual piano. I am using a Lenovo p50 laptop, with i7 and 8gb of ram, SSD for storage, Focusrite Scarl
Page 59 of 78 < 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 77 78 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Check out my Music!!
by davidwest92
03/24/17 09:56 PM
How to switch from Classical to Jazz?
by Peyman Maherian
03/24/17 07:06 PM
Using Pianoteq with Casio Celviano GP-500
by ThaiBlue
03/24/17 06:43 PM
How did you get your students?
by hello my name is
03/24/17 06:33 PM
Kontakt 5 player vs. Kontakt 5 full
by TheodorN
03/24/17 05:48 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,539 Topics
2,609,547 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission