Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
67 registered (amad23, anatolia, ando, Arty Movie, ashertob, Andy001, 18 invisible), 1951 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: End of the recording road.. by EssBrace @ 04/27/17 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By Philip_JohnstonHi Chris - my recommendation would be to forget about microphones completely, and simply use your Avant Grand as a MIDI controller for a good sample library. Microphones? He's not been using any microphones. He us
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by chasingrainbows @ 04/27/17 10:41 AM

I have some of those responses, Gary D. Loud people and people who don't comprehend the meaning of "space." I make sure to sit a distance from my student at the piano and often stand behind them to give them as much space as possible in o
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By johan dOld French Song - Tchaikovsky Probably called this because it was intended to sound like a "song" i.e., something to be sung with words.... The title
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Scales Bootcamp by TrevorM @ 04/27/17 10:37 AM

Originally Posted By Philip_JohnstonOld thread, but the various posters might be interested to know that a brand new color edition of Scales Bootcamp is now available on Amazon.com. Nice! Love the original. Does the book differ in any way? I can't f
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts ATCL Recital programme advice by Persephone @ 04/27/17 10:36 AM

Ah yes, yawn, another one of these banal little distractions for you. I do apologise. However, I would appreciate any feedback on my intended associates diploma programme; I have a nasty tendency to change my mind... Anywho, here's what I have so fa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: French Themed Recital - Call for Submissions by Morodiene @ 04/27/17 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By outoI've had several catbites and I always advice to get antibiotics right away if it's a deep puncture wound. If the infection gets started it can get really bad. Dog bites can look worse but still be less severe. I have been w
Jump to new posts Re: pedal extender for digital piano by Meaghanw @ 04/27/17 10:31 AM

Hi, Gombessa, I am 4'10" and play on a Yamaha CLP 575. I use the DPH pedal extender PE-2 and am very satistified with it. Hope this helps.
Adult Beginners Forum
I've had several catbites and I always advice to get antibiotics right away if it's a deep puncture wound. If the infection gets started it can get really bad. Dog bites can look worse but still be less severe.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand piano on tile/croncete floor by Miguel Rey @ 04/27/17 10:10 AM

Would you have same issues if you had double concert grand style casters?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning is getting harder by dmd @ 04/27/17 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By PeakskiI'm finding that working through method books (Alfred 1 in my case) appears to develop both sight reading and memory quite naturally. Typically I go through each learning piece in a couple of hours without making any consc
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by kbrod1 @ 04/27/17 09:59 AM

Ahhhh, my favorite piano concerto. This one separates the men form the boys. Thanks above for mentioning Rachmaninoff's own recording because that is of course definitive. That being said, when speaking about this concerto one can never forget Horowi
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by DoelKees @ 04/27/17 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By BDBLongitudinal waves can be sine waves. In any case, whether they are longitudinal or transverse depends on how you are looking at them. That depends the direction of the vector. The magnitude can be a sine wave, more or less.
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days, IV. The Second Coming by Morodiene @ 04/27/17 09:52 AM

@ Mikebat321 - Thank you! Part of keeping things very tonal was by design, since at the very end it's quite a chromatic journey. It's also preceded by a 1-2 minute recitative by the choir in a minor key which I didn't record because there were so man
Adult Beginners Forum
I thought that I would include this two very nice video in my diary. In the first one Illibca demonstrates the basic relaxed method for playing piano. It is one of my goto videos for reviewing. At the end of the video she emphasizes that imagery in
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by TimR @ 04/27/17 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By hello my name isInterestingly, I try to do duets with her, but she will literally move my hand off of the piano. I talked to another autistic person about this, and I forget w
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By MorodieneOriginally Posted By johan dOld French Song - Tchaikovsky Probably called this because it was intended to sound like a "song" i.e., something to be sung with words.... The title is Old French Song. It is par
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Bachus @ 04/27/17 09:47 AM

Maybe its nitpicking... but to become the top choice stage performer, i would have loved to see a few more things in the RD-2000 A) 16 free assignable drum pads... and/or 8 freely programable buttons (If they changed the encoders in 2 rows of 4, the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by coaster @ 04/27/17 09:45 AM

I have put in an application to stay in the un-airconditioned dorm. This is fine for me, as I dislike A/C. My daughter is coming with me. I forgot to ask also: God or Silver Round? I'm doing gold.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Morodiene @ 04/27/17 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By sinophiliaOriginally Posted By 8 OctavesWhat is the music in the picture frame? It's Bach's 5th Brandenburg Concerto, main violin part. Is that a violin next to the piano in the red case? And what's in the black case? It's non
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By johan dOld French Song - Tchaikovsky Probably called this because it was intended to sound like a "song" i.e., something to be sung with words. Also, you have Songs Without Words. So I think in those cases, it's certa
Pianist Corner
From all the wealth of the technical arsenal of classical, and around it, piano music , there are only a few fundamental differences from jazz piano: lack of Swing feel, timing Swing articulation Blues notes Ghosts notes Does anyone doubt the need
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My right pinky is annoying by Richrf @ 04/27/17 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By MorodieneFor someone who is accustomed to doing physical activities (Tai chi) with relaxation, then it is far easier to apply what was learned to other disciplines. For someone who does not have that starting point, however, beco
Jump to new posts Re: whippens for a Kranich and Bach Parlor Grand. by P W Grey @ 04/27/17 09:27 AM

I have seen some Kawai style whippens (modified of course) for this purpose. Major pain in the neck though. Pwg
Try this: With your foot on the sustain pedal, LIGHTLY (very lightly) hold the hammer against the string unison and then pluck each string of the unison. Ideally, none of them should sound (ring). If one or more of the strings rings when you pluck i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Richrf @ 04/27/17 09:23 AM

The above video that I linked to is a demonstration by Illinca. It demonstrates how to create music music with simple gestures. What I appreciate about her teaching method is the simplicity that she brings to the art of piano. It is presented in it's
Page 58 of 99 < 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 98 99 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Brahms op.10
by P3T3R
04/30/17 09:19 PM
Pianoteq & Audio Interface
by bSharp(C)yclist
04/30/17 06:27 PM
Chord voicings - 500 Miles High
by GoldmanT
04/30/17 06:02 PM
An Afternoon in Vienna
by Rich Galassini
04/30/17 05:35 PM
Yamaha baby grand GA1 model value and quality question
by itsmeunc
04/30/17 05:31 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,563 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,325 Topics
2,621,112 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission