Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Hurricane Irma & Our Piano Friends!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
102 registered members (Agent88, ajames, alfredo capurso, Andrei Kuznetsov, anamnesis, anotherscott, 31 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
09/15/17 01:40 AM
Mr.Estrin does know Baldwins, and it's always interesting to see which pieces he chooses for a particular instrument to show its best....
see more
2,130 Views · 55 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
09/15/17 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by 17MomentsOSpringTo make a long story short, I'm not a piano teacher (yet, it's a goal of mine), I've never had a teacher, and I've been playing since I was 3, so I don't have much experience to help me out now. And in any case, teaching a little kid is differ...
see more
859 Views · 19 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
09/15/17 01:37 AM
Well, you were "up-sold" -- but the KDP90 will be fine. It seems to date from 2014 -- not an old design. Based on my own experience: . . . You are better off with a happy wife and slightly emptier wallet, than with an unhappy wife, and a fuller wallet.<g> I ha...
see more
679 Views · 26 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 01:29 AM
Good points you've made here. However, the Turkish March of Beethoven was originally written as an orchestral work. With that in mind, don't you feel that a transcription for only one piano is inappropriate? There might be doubled notes or loud dynamics which would be hard to con...
see more
299 Views · 2 Comments
09/15/17 01:28 AM
I agree Gombessa. I think the market has really segmented into two groups: the people who just want the best key action in the cheapest package, and the people who want the best possible piano. So the HP-603 buyers and the LX-17 buyers. A lot of the first group are going to take...
see more
3,666 Views · 73 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
09/15/17 01:21 AM
Thanks, for the feedback everyone. I didn't know whether those slashes are (less common) notation that would be worth knowing about (and anyway they confused me). @Qazsedcft: I don't think they are breathing marks (because of the music and also because of their placement in fron...
see more
522 Views · 18 Comments
09/15/17 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by sullivang . . . - continuous sustain pedal (the ability for the DP to send messages that describe how far the pedal has been depressed, instead of just on/off. Caution: I'm pretty sure Casio only has one intermediate level) Greg It depends on the Casio mod...
see more
905 Views · 25 Comments
09/15/17 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Falsch I know that. However, the places where Linux is not represented is when it comes to media creation such as photography, video editing, and music. For piano's, obviously only the 'music' part is applicable. The reason why Linux isn't represented in tho...
see more
7,877 Views · 100 Comments
Piano Forum
09/15/17 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Piano*DadThis is a joke, right? I mean, if it's not, then the conductor's "art" itself is a joke and a fraud perpetrated on a gullible public lo these many years. If all the conductor does is stand in front of the musicians, keep time, and perhaps...
see more
322 Views · 9 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 01:11 AM
Well, with all due respect of course my friend, but people's conditions can vary greatly at that age depending on how they lived their life. You seem to be doing very good and I'm happy for you! But alas, if we all knew what would happen in the future, wouldn't our current lives ...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by AviChakOriginally Posted by CareyYour feelings about this issue at age 20 will probably be different than your feelings about it at age 70 (trust me ). Lol Carey, that's not my age. I do appreciate your concern though. By remembering, I mean like learn...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
09/15/17 12:54 AM
Sullivang - correct on the high-def MIDI on some Casio units. Some hot opinions and more color below relating to high-resolution MIDI for those interested... http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2128909/1.html http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2...
see more
905 Views · 25 Comments
09/15/17 12:47 AM
That is a more powerful transducer for just 45$ and looks just like the more expensive one from Dayton Audio. It should be much more powerful than the puck. I would get the Aura rather than the puck. That page also links the Lepai LP-168HA amplifier for 29$. Both are sold by pa...
see more
1,288 Views · 27 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by pianoloverusOriginally Posted by AviChak"Why would your efforts go to waste if you don't maintain old pieces" you ask? Well I play piano because I want to be able to play music, and a lot of it at that. My priority isn't just to just develop techniq...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:40 AM
Compared to some complicated and fast piano pieces I have seen, the piano solo transcription of Beethoven's Turkish March looks simple. However, it sounds just as hard as one of Chopin's presto pieces even though it is nowhere near that fast. It is allegro which is typically a si...
see more
299 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by AviChak"Why would your efforts go to waste if you don't maintain old pieces" you ask? Well I play piano because I want to be able to play music, and a lot of it at that. My priority isn't just to just develop technique. I actually want to be able to...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by JorleyyI would really appreciate some more suggestions! My next lesson is on monday. Are pieces like Op 109 or 110 by Beethoven and Chopin's Barcarolle too far from reasonable for someone with the repertoire I have? No - any of those would be appropriate for...
see more
867 Views · 25 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
09/15/17 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sam SI suggest you get a new edition. The Henle urtext is great, and doesn't have all those undecipherable editor marks - just the music, as Mozart wrote it. $12 on Amazon Sam +1. A good edition of a piece is really worth the money....
see more
522 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
09/15/17 12:25 AM
My Conover concert grand is finall rebuilt by Reeder Pianos of Lansing, Michigan. https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpb1evfcjj6f8ns/Conover%20model%20100.pdf?dl=0 [/img]...
see more
551 Views · 13 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by CareyYour feelings about this issue at age 20 will probably be different than your feelings about it at age 70 (trust me ). Lol Carey, that's not my age. I do appreciate your concern though. By remembering, I mean like learning pieces I played before b...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Forum
09/15/17 12:15 AM
Saw a like new 2000 Baldwin SF-10 that was never played for asking of 28k with Renner action by reputable dealer with free delivery and no out of state tax. Probably can offer 25k and buy it all day long. 7 footer and save 15k or so... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcA4JmEbca...
see more
2,130 Views · 55 Comments
09/15/17 12:15 AM
Hi guys and gals, So I am at Merriam now and the wife is trying out pianos. I had a plan, I wanted her to try the FP30, ES110, AND PX-160, but the cleric screwed up my plans royally As soon as we entered he spoke to my wife, understood our "requirements" and showed ...
see more
679 Views · 26 Comments
Pianist Corner
09/15/17 12:14 AM
Your feelings about this issue at age 20 will probably be different than your feelings about it at age 70 (trust me ). Just curious - when you talk about "remembering" music - do you mean playing pieces in your repertoire by memory - or from the score?...
see more
703 Views · 25 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
09/15/17 12:08 AM
I suggest you get a new edition. The Henle urtext is great, and doesn't have all those undecipherable editor marks - just the music, as Mozart wrote it. $12 on Amazon Sam...
see more
522 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
09/15/17 12:06 AM
Does it work with the cheek block screws loose? If it does, it is binding on the guides in the blocks. Try them one at a time....
see more
371 Views · 12 Comments
Page 57 of 61 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Check this book out
by kjb1611. 09/21/17 09:48 AM
My Yamaha CLP-685 findings and observations
by Amirhsol. 09/21/17 09:28 AM
Interesting Service Done to My Charles Walter
by SonatainfSharp. 09/21/17 09:19 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics181,963
Posts2,659,182
Members88,876
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission