Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
91 registered members (17curleyj, ando, brassplyer, agraffe, 26 invisible), 1,635 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
05/18/17 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by huaidongxi'interesting' was my choice of words. did not cite mr.shawcross as an expert. it's obvious to me also that his videos do not offer technical information about the instruments and he never presents himself as an 'expert'.I will further explain: a pr...
see more
628 Views · 15 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 07:28 PM
With 3-ring binders, the 3/4 inch size for rings seems superior to me. The 1/2 inch ones bind in the center when turning, and the 1 inch and larger ones let the pages sag away from the middle (and are very heavy when full). 3/4 inch binders are very difficult to find, however. ...
see more
229 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 07:25 PM
I have a comb-binder machine at home for arts & crafts. As a beginner player, I found the hard-spine books to be quite a pain. Since the pages are generally larger (approximately 9.5"x13") there is quite a bit of unused space around the ledgers. I gently cut the ...
see more
537 Views · 27 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
05/18/17 07:25 PM
With a TRS jack, as used for stereo signal, you can easily have two pedals, but is not "standard"....
see more
4,512 Views · 72 Comments
05/18/17 07:19 PM
Action is very subjective and often tuned to the needs of the player. The most questionable issue is the need to feel the hammered action under your paws. It has no other purpose than to have the exact same feel of a mechanical piano. It isn't better to play with hammers attached...
see more
1,588 Views · 37 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by RalphianoI disagree with the negative comments about the pianotv video. If one accepts it for what it is and is not, it contains useful information, along with demonstration. It was not an attempted performance. For example, I found her comments and demonstra...
see more
263 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
05/18/17 07:16 PM
'interesting' was my choice of words. did not cite mr.shawcross as an expert. it's obvious to me also that his videos do not offer technical information about the instruments and he never presents himself as an 'expert'....
see more
628 Views · 15 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 07:15 PM
I disagree with the negative comments about the pianotv video. If one accepts it for what it is and is not, it contains useful information, along with demonstration. It was not an attempted performance. For example, I found her comments and demonstration regarding balance between...
see more
263 Views · 9 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/18/17 07:13 PM
Thought about this thread early this morning-- very, very early-- my insomnia was due to a poison ivy rash on my arms that was driving me crazy! Guess it was not yet time to wean off the Benadryl. So I got up, went to the piano and set about learning a tune that had been running ...
see more
518 Views · 10 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/18/17 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldiThe only thing that has me stumped about the Stump piece is whether the grace notes a couple of measures after letter "I" are on or before the beat. Oh, and "nested rhythm" = redistributed, split poly-takt-based, sub-divided di...
see more
1,096 Views · 39 Comments
New Feature Requests
05/18/17 07:05 PM
I can't seem to find the proper section to post this in -- if it exists at all -- so I decided to post here, if it's not a problem. The issue seems to be that the YouTube video tag doesn't work after the site transformed into this newer version. When posting my recordings, I al...
see more
58 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nahum This situation comes back again and again: after even for example 12 unmistakable repetitions, suddenly I forget how to continue, and I have to stop. What I find helps with this problem is to practice with overlaps. Divide the music up into phrases o...
see more
1,441 Views · 49 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 06:57 PM
All the Bach library (Preludes, Goldburg Variations, Inventions, etc)...
see more
537 Views · 27 Comments
05/18/17 06:55 PM
I get clipping at the higher velocities, after 13 seconds a few seconds, and from 00:33 (min:sec) and on. Does noone else get that? Is this recorded on the CLP585? By the way, nicely played, and I like that arrangement of Amazing Grace....
see more
726 Views · 32 Comments
Piano Forum
05/18/17 06:54 PM
Rick Thanks for the reply. I am going to still go ahead with the purchase as I feel the price is fair. The sound quality is definitely marvelous and the most important thing is that my daughter really loves this. The tech did call me today and explained that his concern is t...
see more
527 Views · 9 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/18/17 06:53 PM
A contribution: Lefthandpianomusic.org...
see more
965 Views · 32 Comments
05/18/17 06:48 PM
The concept of "better" action puzzles me. I've played my daughter's teacher's acoustic and my sister's acoustic, and although for sure they sound much better and the action feels different, they're not worlds apart from the feel of the action on the P115. It is differe...
see more
1,588 Views · 37 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 06:48 PM
Hey everyone, Just would like to share with you this little application for Android/iOS which is used by over million users. It contains lots of great information such as chords, scales, reverse lookup, the interactive circle of fifths, relative chords, chord progressions, etc. ...
see more
144 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by sara elizabethI'm so sorry to hear of all your recent troubles. Life can be so hard sometimes. I am also a cat lady and my kitties seem to enjoy piano as well. I have just obtained a larger bench, so now he sits next to me instead of on my lap. Much easier t...
see more
3,940 Views · 127 Comments
05/18/17 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Paul in FWBOriginally Posted by ZilthyAnd now, for extra credit, you can make your existing recordings sound more like this: ... Here's my first stab at it. "Original" recordingWith Zilthy effects Sounding good! I don't think I would call them ...
see more
726 Views · 32 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Peakski[quote=ID5894]But I also try to identify the position of each major key so I can quickly identify the hand position to start from. Alfred's is easy because the pieces are all in the same C or G positions for consecutive pieces so you can become very l...
see more
836 Views · 23 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/18/17 06:26 PM
Update: So far I'm really enjoying the Blumenfeld Etude and the Fugue from Saint-Saens' 6 Etudes. In the meantime, my right hand is recovering nicely. It's been very tough not to use it to play piano, but the nerve problem is getting much better, so I just have to sit it out an...
see more
965 Views · 32 Comments
05/18/17 06:25 PM
Yes, a suburb analysis, bsntn99! This is why I love the PW forums, there are always some who don't buy the marketing hype for a dollar (or $199) and do their own objective research. Very detailed and thought out. I still think the Garritan CFX must be pretty good, in light of the...
see more
4,746 Views · 144 Comments
05/18/17 06:23 PM
Audacity runs under Linux ....
see more
726 Views · 32 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/18/17 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by MorodieneOriginally Posted by dogpersonI have purchased a three-ring binder that lays flat-- designed for musical scores. Very pricey, but it's great: lays flat, easy page turns. It works great for church preludes where have a number of scores from diffe...
see more
229 Views · 11 Comments
Page 57 of 91 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 90 91
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Posting images
by BruceD. 05/22/17 11:29 PM
Looking for Carillon Bell Sound
by SoundThumb. 05/22/17 11:08 PM
Uneven Key - Casio CDP200R
by noodleq. 05/22/17 10:54 PM
Sympathetic vibrations
by DonHillPianos. 05/22/17 09:54 PM
Attack In England - Multiple Deaths
by Piano World. 05/22/17 09:46 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,826
Posts2,628,879
Members87,851
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission