Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
58 registered members (Bambers, Beemer, bennevis, Beakybird, Adypiano, beeboss, 15 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
06/23/17 03:03 AM
Lets not think Android since most Android devices are pretty solidly locked down by their manufacturers. Perhaps Linux or BSD Unix instead?...
see more
1,654 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
06/23/17 02:12 AM
Regarding the partials that an EDT uses to calculate tuning, the Verituner measures inharmonicity of up to 464 partials. I believe an additional 5 more are in the latest update. A major factor for a would-be piano tuner in whether pursue learning to tune aurally or with an EDT i...
see more
2,858 Views · 118 Comments
06/23/17 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Mark CerisanoI've decided not to participate in this challenge. I don't think it would be fair and there's too much animosity. Anyway, I don't need to. You've already posted a temperament. All I need to do is measure it using my objective criteria and and w...
see more
06/23/17 02:03 AM
Love my new KawaiES 110 BUT every key has a slight vibration when released to its original position.. is that a result of the new RHC action?.I'm ok with the clicking ( heard about that before )As a beginner I can't determine if vibration affects "feel"? Thanks Mr AJ...
see more
70,738 Views · 379 Comments
06/23/17 02:03 AM
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
06/23/17 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesOriginally Posted by SavanteHere's an example (by me) of pitch bend (using a ribbon controller) used in conjunction with a microtuned scale (based on an Indian raga scale). All the synths used for producing the tones are Korg, the keyboard controll...
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
06/23/17 01:44 AM
Hello Nor, Thank you for this interesting suggestion. As always, I shall propose this to the product development team for their consideration. Kind regards, James x...
see more
197 Views · 2 Comments
06/23/17 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by SavanteHere's an example (by me) of pitch bend (using a ribbon controller) used in conjunction with a microtuned scale (based on an Indian raga scale). All the synths used for producing the tones are Korg, the keyboard controller is a Kawai MP5, and the ribbo...
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/23/17 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by BruceD What I see is that Deborah is not "leaving out the cadenza" as she wrote but, rather, not playing the extended ending to the cadenza that is offered in the Editio Musica. I thought that she meant that she was leaving out either cadenza in me...
see more
2,215 Views · 47 Comments
Piano Forum
06/23/17 01:36 AM
well it is three hours away, if nothing else I guess I could try to get you all more info. but I cannot be sure if I even have the time....
see more
1,338 Views · 18 Comments
06/23/17 01:33 AM
I would love to see an instrument manufacturer develop an open source operating system, upon which other developers could create tone generator modules. Think Android, but in the digital piano realm. Cheers, James x...
see more
1,654 Views · 26 Comments
06/23/17 01:26 AM
Hello Doug, Originally Posted by Doug M.Roland FP-30: Includes PHAIV standard action, a clearly superior action to the FP-20 and very nice for this price bracket. I agree that the FP-30's action is very playable, however not having played the F-20 (not FP-20) in person, I do n...
see more
819 Views · 19 Comments
06/23/17 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by BosendorffHi again Savante, I invite you to check http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109628. I doubt many people are interested as most users here are talking about more "traditional" DPs. Also, I think that as a Kronos owner, yo...
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
06/23/17 01:21 AM
PM sent....
see more
239 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
06/23/17 01:16 AM
No, to Myds....
see more
479 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
06/23/17 01:11 AM
Glad to hear about the progress on your project. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the model you are using....
see more
275 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/23/17 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by cmb13If I see an E on the bottom line of the treble clef, I think "e" and head to the e up from the middle c, but I do still think it. . I call that taking a detour through the alphabet. It slows you down. Instead, try to recognize the interval b...
see more
2,398 Views · 69 Comments
06/23/17 01:02 AM
Hi again Savante, I invite you to check http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109628. I doubt many people are interested as most users here are talking about more "traditional" DPs. Also, I think that as a Kronos owner, you should also know and use that...
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
06/23/17 12:55 AM
Thanks. I had already spoken with Cunningham as well as all the other dealerships and music stores in the area. It's not really something that anyone stocks, at least not in this area apparently. Suzuki teachers are a good idea, I'll try that path....
see more
247 Views · 4 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/23/17 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by coasterOriginally Posted by CareyJust tuned in and am listening to the final performance of today's prelims. Unfortunately the sound quality isn't great. Judy? Mark? Edward? Jeanne? How did it go today ?? Best of luck to Dave and Simon tomorrow !! I ...
see more
12,733 Views · 253 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/23/17 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by BruceDOne of the keys to making progress - in the sense of being able to play increasingly challenging repertoire - is to know what your current limitations are. Then, there is nothing wrong in working on repertoire that is just slightly above your current l...
see more
310 Views · 9 Comments
06/23/17 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Mark CerisanoI've decided not to participate in this challenge. I don't think it would be fair and there's too much animosity. Anyway, I don't need to. You've already posted a temperament. All I need to do is measure it using my objective criteria and and w...
see more
06/23/17 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by BosendorffHi Savante, interesting to read that you also enjoy using UTs. Again, that was one of the main criteria I needed to verify before choosing my new digital instrument. About creating custom velocity curves for the Kronos, all you need besides your Kro...
see more
654 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/23/17 12:32 AM
I guess I need to go to the "back on the wagon" list. I can't believe this happened, but we had an out of town guest and I actually completely FORGOT to sit down at the piano on June 19th. I've been so good until now--even when I didn't want to play, I would. But I w...
see more
23,621 Views · 290 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/23/17 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Damon Oh those, I agree with your instructor, I don't think they add anything. It would be interesting if he would write one for you, though. Funny you should say that. I just had a great lesson with lots of advice on arm momentum, (among other ideas). My te...
see more
2,215 Views · 47 Comments
Page 56 of 74 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 73 74
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
refinish bridge
by grand idea. 06/28/17 06:43 AM
Are there any Steingraeber & Sohne pianos in Australia?
by PerfectPianoSearch. 06/28/17 03:22 AM
Kawai or Yamaha for classical music?
by James Guo. 06/27/17 10:47 PM
I hope I'm still playing...
by Retsacnal. 06/27/17 10:02 PM
Playing Some (Not All) Movements of a Piece?
by ClsscLib. 06/27/17 08:13 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,495
Posts2,639,701
Members88,206
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission