Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
102 registered members (Almaviva, alphonsus, Anita Potter, akc42, anamnesis, 18 invisible), 1,122 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/15/18 09:07 AM
Did his device actually end up in a C. Bechstein model at the 2017 NAMM as he claimed it would? Ian...
see more
252 Views · 5 Comments
New Feature Requests
01/15/18 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Groove OnI'd like to suggest ... The Practice Forum - all the learning we do on our own - outside of lessons This covers the needs of 'self-taught pianists', but still includes regular students as well as teachers. And it makes the 'get a teacher' advice le...
see more
1,675 Views · 27 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/15/18 09:02 AM
I just woke up and realized what has been feeling off for me personally this whole time, as well as what has been effective for me. The number one element is this: focus .... on something. It must be simple and clear enough. That's it, in a nutshell. This sound, to the next sou...
see more
1,382 Views · 44 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/15/18 08:55 AM
None. I downloaded the Roland piano app when I bought my piano in November but haven't connected it to the piano yet. Don't feel the need, at least at this point. I am fed up with everything being computerised. Too many screens. Playing piano, reading sheet music, touching paper ...
see more
1,019 Views · 35 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
01/15/18 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by lbonini1 I was just wondering, would it be feasible at all to splice these wires? Please let me know,I'm interested in this as a temporary solution and I'd say I can be pretty handy with this as I have worked with wire like this before... thanks again! M...
see more
597 Views · 21 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
01/15/18 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by DonZonMAC, So according to you, I'm one of the lucky ones that have had no "poor quality" issues with Kawai. Yeah, Kawai's quality control could be better, but I still think that if you like it better than the others, its worth it. In fact, many p...
see more
1,662 Views · 25 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/15/18 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by phantomFiveMeditation. That's not that weird. The idea that meditation might improve musical performance is widely cited. There's an interesting 2008 study of the effect of Zen meditation, which originally set out to investigate whether meditation would redu...
see more
889 Views · 29 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/15/18 08:11 AM
This is my schedule, in 30-minute chunks, but I don't follow it strictly - it's just a guide. The actual time I spend at the piano depends on work and other obligations. I don't do any warm-up. I need to devote more time to keeping my "repertoire" fresh and polished,...
see more
677 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Forum
01/15/18 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by MOJOJOJOHow big is the room the piano is in? Do you think the C is suitable for home use? Congrats on the piano! Thanks. The room is about 30m2. I think my C is suitable perfectly for my home use, even with the lid opened for some repertoire....
see more
4,687 Views · 63 Comments
01/15/18 07:56 AM
Tommy, Thanks for your answer. So I will wait for this (wonderful) shop "La maison du Piano" to get one CA98, and take the time to adjust the sound, as you mentioned. When I tried the CA98 in Paris, there was a lot of climatisation noise (in winter, yes !) in the shop, ...
see more
1,836 Views · 40 Comments
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
01/15/18 07:56 AM
The people who goes to music competitions are young aspiring musicians who are already playing at an advanced level but still considered amateur who are waiting to tour with various symphony orchestras. Some already made a name for themselves without having to enter a competition...
see more
4,486 Views · 10 Comments
Member Recordings
01/15/18 07:53 AM
A nice sad little piece by a lesser-known composer. ...
see more
103 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/15/18 07:35 AM
I'm afraid that I share pianopi's confusion Originally Posted by AZNpianoOriginally Posted by pianopiWell, everyone keeps talking about "transfer wrecks". Just wondering what these poor students do to make them such dreadful players. I mean how would you describe a TW's...
see more
2,051 Views · 104 Comments
01/15/18 07:31 AM
I'm about a month into my CA98, and really enjoy the sound. Although at first, I was a little disconcerted about Pianist Mode, generally preferring the Sound Mode initially. However, I found that I needed to work on Pianist Mode EQ via the User Tone Control in Sound Settings. Not...
see more
1,836 Views · 40 Comments
Piano Forum
01/15/18 07:13 AM
To quote the Owen Wilson character in The Internship (Nick?), "I love this friction! It's how you get a fire started." Imagine how boring PW would be if it were only amateurs, or only professionals....
see more
4,082 Views · 112 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/15/18 07:08 AM
Meditation....
see more
889 Views · 29 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/15/18 07:04 AM
"Nu" (masc.) and "nue" (fem.) are the words for "nude." "Nuée" (pl. "Nuées"), depending on context, can be "thick clouds" or "multitudes". Through breaks in whirling clouds, one can faintly see waltzing co...
see more
481 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/15/18 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by pianopi It took my son 7 years at least to develop good (and independent) study habits, and that's with being reminded, every day, how and what to do by teachers and parents. And many parents would have given up after 7 weeks. My last post was merely to ...
see more
Piano Forum
01/15/18 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Ricksteronline ratings can be manipulated, slanted and tainted; reputations can be exaggerated (in both directions). Speaking of which, did the documentary that master88er used to talk about ever get published (I missed a lot in the 2 years my wife was sick)...
see more
2,519 Views · 44 Comments
Piano Forum
01/15/18 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by Ed McMorrow, RPTMany pianos have too round V-bars. U-bars? ...
see more
2,519 Views · 44 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
01/15/18 06:33 AM
Another aspect of transfer wrecks is a lack of interest in improving the sound of a piece. They will play it once. You tell them there's something you can help them with, say the pedalling. They flip the page to show you the next piece. They may also be glib about errors, just ...
see more
01/15/18 06:28 AM
Hi,MissRachel. When you say that the action of CA48 is heavier than Roland's, which Roland model do you mean? Thx...
see more
1,662 Views · 25 Comments
Pianist Corner
01/15/18 06:27 AM
Playing pinball. And it works both ways....
see more
889 Views · 29 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
01/15/18 05:47 AM
Responding to the response. Originally Posted by MichaelJKMy model is more complex than that (and it's not set in stone): I have a model of how to play the piano. I have a model of how to learn to play the piano. I have a set of exercises for learning. Based on observing common...
see more
1,382 Views · 44 Comments
Piano Forum
01/15/18 05:34 AM
Or find the best piano technician you can find and make sure the piano is tuned and voiced perfectly. Nothing that you do to the room will improve the sound if it is bad at the outset....
see more
1,541 Views · 57 Comments
Page 56 of 88 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 87 88
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
For Sydneysiders - Australia - the music sale Crows Nest
by Bach_ingMaddie. 01/19/18 06:25 AM
Chuck Leavell instruction question
by carolinakeys. 01/19/18 01:36 AM
Seeking feedback on BWV 999
by Osho. 01/18/18 11:49 PM
Free Steinway spinet (?) -- what to do?
by delune. 01/18/18 11:18 PM
Dogs and piano playing
by Colin Dunn. 01/18/18 09:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,864
Posts2,688,510
Members89,478
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission