Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
140 registered (Almaviva, Alexander Borro, 36251, ajames, AmandaH, agent8698, 31 invisible), 2492 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steps to beginner sight reading by keystring @ Today at 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftI'm well aware of reading vs. sight reading and that sight reading ability lags behind the learning level but that is totally besides the point. I maintain that SIGHT reading is a desireable skill for the amateur to deve
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Saddest Piece Ever? by ghosthand @ Today at 10:00 AM

https://youtu.be/7PtIHBCuR-Q Don't think of someone you miss when you listen to this.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about repertoire (amateur level) by bennevis @ Today at 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By bennevisno-one gave her a second glance the only tip in the bowl was what our little group put in, more out of sympathy than anything els
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to Move Piano With Ivory Keys Overseas? by Frank Pinn @ Today at 09:57 AM

I would advise you to call your shipping agent and possibly customs also to get advise on how this will be handled. Each country has different import/export regulations concerning this and ultimately the customs agents are going to be the ones making
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can't focus on piano music sheet by SonatainfSharp @ Today at 09:40 AM

Originally Posted By AquaralSSI'm a complete beginner. I can read, recognize, and know the basic understanding of the music sheet. 0 level. I could not sight reading the music sheet, and also, what is the most efficient way to count the beats prope
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Post-exam Blues by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 09:23 AM

Regarding only 50% of children getting an education: I suspect that had far more to do with class than with a careful evaluation of what might be suitable for each child.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Contract? by malkin @ Today at 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By Peter K. Mose...piano lessons in the same camp as getting a haircut... My piano teacher is way more flexible than my hair stylist!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student rhythm issue by PianoStudent88 @ Today at 09:19 AM

RealPlayer, it wasn't clear to me from your description of counting: suppose you have a measure in 4/4: dotted quarter, eighth, quarter, quarter. Do you have your student count that as 1 2 & 3 4? Or as 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & ? I used
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by pianoloverus @ Today at 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By ThaiBlueHe wouldn't be doing A+ work if the quality of his work was noticeably Inferior. There has to be something to differentiate in quality and Piano Buyer clearly feel the Hamburg and a few others are superior to the NY. And
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by Retsacnal @ Today at 09:15 AM

Originally Posted By ThaiBlueHe wouldn't be doing A+ work if the quality of his work was noticeably Inferior. There has to be something to differentiate in quality and Piano Buyer clearly feel the Hamburg and a few others are superior to the NY.
Jump to new posts Re: to set broken string again using nearby hitch pin by Maximillyan @ Today at 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By HemlochGood Video Max. I wish I could understand what you said but I can see how you did it. I'm guessing you couldn't splice the string because of where it broke. Hi,Hemloch Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased that
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Post-exam Blues by TimR @ Today at 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By dogperson I don't think it's because kids are not resilient, but because we now expect much more than we did. School and piano can be full of stress, when so much is expected. I think this is correct. Also, we now force a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steps to beginner sight reading by dogperson @ Today at 08:34 AM

Originally Posted By QazsedcftOriginally Posted By dogpersonYou might want to do a little reading about 'sight-reading'. A little condescending don't you think? I'm well aware of reading vs. sight reading and that sight reading ability lags behind
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parents who don't read emails, etc. by TimR @ Today at 08:34 AM

Interesting article. I think that the emphasis is a bit too individualistic. (It focuses on what clothes do to that person.) But we exist in social milieu that is much more powerful than we realize, and without that context the clothes may not hav
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Eric399By the way, is there an english word for these beams - the ones in the middle? They are called kneed beams (like knees). One of my favorite musical terms
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by ThaiBlue @ Today at 08:31 AM

He wouldn't be doing A+ work if the quality of his work was noticeably Inferior. There has to be something to differentiate in quality and Piano Buyer clearly feel the Hamburg and a few others are superior to the NY. The best of the best got the
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about repertoire (amateur level) by hreichgott @ Today at 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By bennevisno-one gave her a second glance the only tip in the bowl was what our little group put in, more out of sympathy than anything else.Clearly, she didn't know her
Jump to new posts Dynavoice Piano Player by Craig Hair @ Today at 08:27 AM

I came across this in the archives. I thought it was worth sharing. I actually need to build myself something like this, but with a pedal feature, of course. I can actually envision a market for a good player that is not bound to one instrument.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by Retsacnal @ Today at 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By ThaiBlueOriginally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By Steve CohenWe couldn't move the Hamburg up, so, to distinguish between the two we moved the NY down. How would you like your teacher to say, "you're doing A quality
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Saddest Piece Ever? by Keith D Kerman @ Today at 08:19 AM

Originally Posted By WhoDwaldiBarber: Adagio for Strings That is up there for sure. If we are doing non piano answers, my vote goes to R Strauss Metamorphosen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwml0jevv0
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Jump to new posts Dynavoice Piano Player by Craig Hair @ Today at 08:18 AM

Dynavoice Piano Player;
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steps to beginner sight reading by Qazsedcft @ Today at 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonYou might want to do a little reading about 'sight-reading'. A little condescending don't you think? I'm well aware of reading vs. sight reading and that sight reading ability lags behind the learning level but that is
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
After getting a piano up a mountain, moving one to the 15th floor will be a piece of cake!
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Student rhythm issue by bennevis @ Today at 07:48 AM

Originally Posted By fatar760 most the songs have duets - meaning that the child gets to play as an ensemble (which could help them retain their sense of pulse) My first teacher used a children's beginner primer (John Thompson's Easiest Piano Cour
Jump to new posts Re: What are some of your favorite things about tuning? by UnrightTooner @ Today at 07:30 AM

Originally Posted By daniokeeperOriginally Posted By UnrightToonerOriginally Posted By daniokeeperOriginally Posted By UnrightToonerHere's a puzzler. I will be tuning 2 pianos in different parts of the same house today. Last time I tuned them, one wa
Page 5 of 83 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 82 83 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano in 162 has made (it to) Kontakt
by TheodorN
03/29/17 03:07 PM
Beginner From Scotland.
by scotty21
03/29/17 01:26 PM
to set broken strings "PETROF" for music school
by Maximillyan
03/29/17 01:26 PM
Help on Correct Fingering - Jesters of the Moon
by applelover
03/29/17 01:17 PM
Want to Play Again
by Huskermom
03/29/17 01:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,167 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,657 Topics
2,610,958 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission