Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
127 registered members (agraffe, anamnesis, agent8698, Alexank, anotherscott, 38 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 10:03 AM
Try all seven ways and see what works for you!...
see more
169 Views · 1 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/24/17 09:57 AM
In the Op10 no 2 ballade, my hand is to small for some of the RH chords. I've been arpeggiating them since some of them are marked that way already. Playing around with it yesterday, I realized that I could use my LH for these instead. I wonder if that would be a better choice...
see more
631 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Iaroslav VasilievMany manufacturers publish what is called the "speaking length" of longest bass string, so you can easily find out the difference. Here is some data: Kawai K800 upright (134 cm) - speaking length is 128 cm Steinway M grand (170 cm)...
see more
774 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/24/17 09:19 AM
Oh, I see, like the old Chinese sage said, "if it were easy, it wouldn't be difficult"... Let's see. The Uri Geller tool, in both modes: Seems to work. Thanks ...
see more
633 Views · 45 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 09:08 AM
When I practice (major) scales I also play through all the modes. Should I use the major scale fingering e.g. Start with 2 for Eb Dorian (LH) or 5 (1 RH) etc....
see more
169 Views · 1 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
05/24/17 08:43 AM
For me, this is intended to be exclusively a travel practice piano. For that purpose I will play through headphones almost exclusively. Luciano talked me into keeping one four-inch speaker, but I might never use it. ...
see more
388 Views · 12 Comments
05/24/17 08:38 AM
It is a bit tricky to embed those images, but it is possible. Use the BBCode on the web page, and remove everything except the image tag information, that is, starting with "[img" and ending with "/img]". So these are the images from your last post. ...
see more
633 Views · 45 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 08:31 AM
Thank you everybody for kind comments . I appreciate that so many people have sacrifice their time to listen such beginner like me. It is very encouraging and I’am already thinking about next recital. Thanks again....
see more
4,375 Views · 176 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 08:02 AM
living standards and access to credit have changed since 1920, to put it mildly. the comparison with a car does not work for me, because the big cost leap for a car also includes huge improvements in almost every aspect of the machine, in contrast to what sagacious Philip in Bul...
see more
585 Views · 14 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/24/17 08:01 AM
Take your pick: ...
see more
347 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 07:45 AM
my experience with private sellers, when they list pianos in very good or excellent condition, often they're referring to the external surface appearance. what's inside the piano, and especially how it plays, feels, responds, sounds, is much more important to me than whether the...
see more
336 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
05/24/17 07:42 AM
pic...
see more
18 Views · 0 Comments
05/24/17 07:41 AM
Thank you all. Not trusting myself not to do any damage, I removed the 6th bass key (D), as it was the first one that did not have glue on it and I could still put my finger behind it to hold the back of the thing or I am absolutely sure that the wood would break. It's over 100 y...
see more
633 Views · 45 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 07:04 AM
may the Muses grant you and the piano a joyful life together....
see more
927 Views · 40 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly If that means spending a vacation piano shopping, so be it. My two cents... Yes, I agree with you there....
see more
1,048 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by BDBThere were some nice very small grands made in the 1930s. I can recall one of them that was made by Janssen. They were only a bit more than four feet long, wider than they were deep, but the tone was quite nice for a small piano of any type. Once I played ...
see more
774 Views · 25 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 06:33 AM
My dog loves to lay down under the piano when anybody is playing. She sometimes comes along and helps me with the pedals. Yesterday I had a bird in the music room. I don't know if you can pick it out on the picture. It is on the curtain pole above the piano. ...
see more
742 Views · 21 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 06:26 AM
I have never owned a Steinway. Did you see the story about buying the Grotrian Steinweg? I am a terrible man. Despite how much I like each of my pianos, I would sell any of them if the price offered were high enough....
see more
1,333 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:24 AM
I've never heard of Kawais en masse suffering from sagging soundboards (presumably meaning the soundboard has lost its crown). Any piano which has been subjected to wild swings of humidity can have soundboard crown issues, and the pianos don't have to be that old in order to suf...
see more
420 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/24/17 06:18 AM
Sorry, it might have been the wrong link. Yes the one I meant was where the guy delivered a piano on his shoulder- then passed it to Keaton. To show how subjective humour is, the film with Laurel and Hardy delivering a piano left me completely cold. I simply don't find them fun...
see more
11,145 Views · 79 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
05/24/17 06:15 AM
Originally Posted by tjkaneI am trying to learn Take Five written in 5/4 time. ? What exactly are your difficulties :in basic rhythm (groove), in rhythm of melody , in hands coordination or in improvisation? It has already been said repeatedly that counting one and, two...
see more
253 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:12 AM
It depends what you take for comparison. Average wages might be suitable as a comparison, or how many ounces of gold of gold. It is quite unusual to have a product like a piano which is really, basically the smae product now as was being produced a century ago....
see more
585 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:09 AM
I would prefer RX-3 even if its condition is worse. The difference in terms of sound is huge....
see more
336 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by paxel Thanks, that would confirm what I felt by ear: a Yamaha U1 or Kawai K300 has a slightly more bass power than most 150 cm baby grands. Maybe this is not so important, but it's a useful information to know. I would say it this way: Yamaha U1 and Kawai K...
see more
774 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Forum
05/24/17 05:57 AM
It is possible to repair a hairline crack by shimming the sound board, but that would involve the considerable expense of re-stringing the piano and refinishing the board. I would suggest you look for another KG-2 without a crack. Even if a crack in the sound board does not affe...
see more
420 Views · 12 Comments
Page 40 of 86 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 85 86
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland FP-30 vs Kawai ES 110 need advice
by CMDVN. 05/27/17 12:50 PM
Upgrade from PX-5S
by D7K. 05/27/17 11:27 AM
Phoenix D-232 and Chopin
by Mark Polishook. 05/27/17 09:07 AM
On legato and slurs
by Fede. 05/27/17 02:49 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,917
Posts2,630,266
Members87,895
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission