Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
50 registered members (AprilE, AZNpiano, amad23, 7uturu, akc42, 13 invisible), 806 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 04:08 PM
1. Song of the Gondolier - Joy of First Classics 2. Beauty and the Beast - Alfred Greatest Hits Bk. 1 3. Simple Gifts - arr. G. Benedetti 4. Circus March - Alfred Adult AIO Book 2 5. White Sails - Joy of First Year Piano - Denes Agay 6. Alexander March = Joy of First Year Piano -...
see more
11,487 Views · 408 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
02/17/18 03:59 PM
Hi, Entheo! I listened to both the Grieg and Beethoven -- The Grieg Melodie is for me a statement and then a "note-for-note" restatement of the same material, with a coda that comments on it in conclusion. In that context, I would like to hear more points of differenc...
see more
86,425 Views · 109 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistIt would be cool if someone could build a Roku channel as front end to these recitals, and show the information people submitted while the piece plays. I don't know exactly what a Roku channel is ---- I read the info and open the music unde...
see more
2,846 Views · 108 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 03:57 PM
All, I am an adult (58) learning to play the piano. Playing the piano has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, and my bucket list is getting short. The time to begin playing is here. For a present, and without consulting me, my wife bought me a 1960 Sohmer ba...
see more
1,178 Views · 36 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 03:43 PM
It would be cool if someone could build a Roku channel as front end to these recitals, and show the information people submitted while the piece plays. A couple more. Will have to listen to more later tonight. 14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana I really enjoyed...
see more
Piano Forum
02/17/18 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Rank Piano AmateurIn any event my bottom line, based largely on growing up with this cat, is to avoid cat scratches by getting a dog instead. No, no, the only pet you need is a compatible spouse Preferably one that will not hog the piano... Sam...
see more
1,559 Views · 50 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
02/17/18 03:25 PM
Hi I have the Kawai 98 since yesterday and I m trying out different Settings to store them in my Favorite . This is all still very new for me, my first digital piano Can you give me any suggestions which Settings you like ? For exemple i like the ex concert grand, reverb &qu...
see more
468 Views · 5 Comments
02/17/18 03:25 PM
Or trying to figure out the panel. I am sure it will be easy once I am used to it. Well, today I plan to READ the manual. That may help a bit. ...
see more
17,419 Views · 400 Comments
02/17/18 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Qaroll\Has someone owned Dexibell P7 piano and could say something about TP100LR Fatar's keybed? Is it much different from Roland's PHA? ... Will check Kurzweil Artis keybed tomorrow, which is supposed to have the same Fatar's TP100LR. I thought that the TP...
see more
645 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 03:06 PM
Look on the bright side...now you will never forget it! ...
see more
364 Views · 8 Comments
02/17/18 02:54 PM
Just to chime in with my preferences: currently I favor Pianoteq (v6, Bluethner and Grotrian, depending on the mood and the piece); previously I played for about half a year with the CFX lite. I like both, I play classical, intermediate level. Better sound on the CFX and it's pre...
see more
3,153 Views · 103 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by luckiest_charm I surpassed my teacher's teaching area not too long ago. He declared that he has taught me all he can teach and that now I'm on my own now. Ok .... Well, good luck to you....
see more
2,093 Views · 74 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:34 PM
I'm having great fun practising and am ready to list my first pieces: 3. Harburg and Arlen, Over the Rainbow 2. Mark Tanner, Zebra Crossing (Pianist magazine no.90) 1. Satie, Gnossienne no.3 I'm also enjoying fumbling through other pieces and drawing up a wish list for the f...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:29 PM
Thanks for the comment on Nuvole Bianche. Not too bad for a beat up guy who started in his 40s. You're young. You'll be playing stuff like that in your sleep long before you reach your mid 40s I say go for a high paying tech job, if your into tech and have the aptitude, and play...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:16 PM
You cannot choose your parents...you do the best you can with what you've got. The same applies to some extend to children, but you have a lot more power on them for a while. That's how it's always been and you should not waste your time looking back at it now. Resenting your par...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclistI don't follow. You said there are no piano concerts or recitals in your area, but yet piano classes were available? A good piano class will have give you exposure to concerts and recitals. I think you would need those to get to the level you w...
see more
02/17/18 02:13 PM
Are we listening for lack the top end, degraded top end or both?...
see more
1,167 Views · 47 Comments
02/17/18 02:08 PM
Listened through cheap, but arguably good quality headphones (Samson SR850). 3 correct answers, 1 wrong choosing 320kbps and 2 choosing 128kbps - I didn't necessarily expect this. Maybe I'll try again at some other moment on the monitors, just out of curiosity. I don't have the p...
see more
1,167 Views · 47 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 02:04 PM
I don't follow. You said there are no piano concerts or recitals in your area, but yet piano classes were available? A good piano class will have give you exposure to concerts and recitals. I think you would need those to get to the level you wish for. At your age, I would go in...
see more
Piano Forum
02/17/18 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by FarehamI took the liberty of going through some of your earlier posts to see if there was some common thread about why you appear to be dissatisfied with your pianos. You say you are promiscuous with your pianos, and given the Steingreabers, and now the Stei...
see more
2,098 Views · 58 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by MarieJ Dan, I have Pianoteq 6 Stage, Steinway B Prelude. I calibrated the velocity curve for my Kawai ES110 but even with the built-in assistant I feel it’s a bit hit-and-miss (and anyway, I prefer to spend more time playing than tinkering with settings ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisOriginally Posted by luckiest_charmAt 7-8 (when I started showing interest in the instrument, and started asking for support), Yes I believe they have a duty to help their child pursue any reasonable and legitimate hobby he wants to advance in. Why e...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 01:51 PM
A very big Thank You! to the folks that collected our recitals. It's wonderfully organized on wiki. I'm looking forward to experience the musical pieces in the coming days. Thank you for the encouraging words. This was my first on-line piano recital experience and it was a posit...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by luckiest_charmAt 7-8 (when I started showing interest in the instrument, and started asking for support), Yes I believe they have a duty to help their child pursue any reasonable and legitimate hobby he wants to advance in. Why else do parents have their kid...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 01:41 PM
A correction on my previous post. I marked the Gavotte the third piece, while it is actually the fourth. So, the current list is: 1. Malaguena 2. Long Long Ago 3. Sympony #40 4. Gavotte <- The corrected number 5. Coffee House Boogie (from Adult Piano Adventures Book 2) 6....
see more
Page 40 of 74 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 73 74
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
My kawai makes a motor sound, help me, listen!!
by Miko Piano. 02/21/18 03:07 AM
Stable (Garritan) CFX
by Gombessa. 02/21/18 12:07 AM
Saying letter names
by MomOfBeginners. 02/20/18 05:11 PM
Bending screws and other stuph
by Ed Foote. 02/20/18 04:58 PM
CFX Full delivery time within the US?
by CyberGene. 02/20/18 02:09 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,372
Posts2,697,837
Members89,656
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission