Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
74 registered members (accordeur, Almaviva, 7uturu, Albert Brighten, 18 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
Am using the iPad Pro at the moment but this sure looks appealing/promising. http://www.gvido.tokyo...
see more
136 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 08:25 PM
Piano cabinet...
see more
13 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
My official answer is "pay an expert to do it," but I'd also add that it couldn't hurt to try to negotiate the price down. I can also understand the DiY desire to do it oneself. But the risks are high. It'd be a shame to see one of your friends injured... But, if you...
see more
221 Views · 13 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
How many layers would be needed?...
see more
378 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Anybody ever try their hand at making the tapered blocks that lock in the legs and lyre on the Steinway? I have a SS B with the swivel type cam locks that I would really like to replace. Id like to try my hand at making them. Any experience out there? Its probably just table saw ...
see more
62 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:16 PM
Week 8 I’ve had two lessons since my last weekly update, and quite a bit has changed since then. Both lessons were very productive, during which I’ve gained many valuable insights. It’s weeks like this that I’m so very grateful that I’ve found my teacher. Mikrokosmos ...
see more
4,180 Views · 112 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
see more
988 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:57 PM
Peabody should grab up this Knabe and/or this Stieff for performance instruments! The "built in Baltimore" connection is an interesting dynamic (imo)....
see more
364 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 07:50 PM
Props to you amateurs for putting yourself out there for the "love of music"! One of these days (years?) I would like to participate in one of these things for the experience. I perform in local festivals but nothing at the scale of these American competitions. Are th...
see more
9,869 Views · 153 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:33 PM
BTW are you a member of the Blüthner owners' group?...
see more
408 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by ando You know what, these sums of money are so ludicrous it would actually be worth it to travel to the US and find a piano and get it shipped over. There would be so many more pianos to try, and probably half to 2/3rds the price. Even with shipping and duty ...
see more
1,630 Views · 38 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:32 PM
PatrickBI- July 20-23 or June 20-23? I am glad your piano is ready to go!...
see more
23,209 Views · 288 Comments
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by eclecticDon't forget for some of us it's a piece of furniture. Wood digital pianos are OK as far as design goes, none of them are great. Some traditional and transitional designs would be nice to have in the catalog in addition to the modern and ultramodern l...
see more
688 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:25 PM
Maison Erard looks like the 'go to' guy. I just wish he was here in the U.S. It would still be nice to collaborate with him when I begin to restore mine, just to make sure I'm using the right felt on the hammers, etc.....
see more
1,058 Views · 21 Comments
Yesterday at 07:24 PM
If you're serious, consider the North Bennett Street School's piano technology program. Of the correspondence/ video online study possibilities Randi Potter has a long track record, and Rick Butler has (from what I hear/have observed in his teaching at PTG seminars) a relatively...
see more
241 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:21 PM
Oh he's not rebuilding it completely. He's going to fix a few broken strings and try to level the keys and tune it. He's had some experience at this before. I was going to help him with tuning since I am a bit knowledgeable on tuning and have tuned a few Pianos before. By no mea...
see more
221 Views · 13 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by cmb13Morodiene- Yes that was it - when presented with the task of sight reading a new piece first time through it was slow and it was a grade 1 piece in a children's book. After running through the page twice I had no problem. I've done a few more pages and m...
see more
1,429 Views · 51 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:11 PM
I haven't played very many C. Bechstein pianos, so my observations are based on a small sample size.... I agree it doesn't project like the Steinway B can. I also agree about each note producing the same type of tone, even at different volumes. Some people like the sameness ac...
see more
1,630 Views · 38 Comments
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
I thought people might be interested in how Dirk's Piano Tuner creates a temperament/stretch. Every note (single string) is recorded and an iH determined. The programme then uses a reiterative formula to create the temperament, and then the stretch. It starts with E3-E4, cre...
see more
406 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by PhilipInChinaNorbert, I thought American S & S had their own little tier, just below the top brands. Hi Philip, If you read carefully, it is really not a separate tier. It recognizes that the American S&S if of high quality (just like Mason, Estoni...
see more
514 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 06:42 PM
I am afraid there are too many microphones and that means lots of (useless ? HZpiano comes to my mind) samples that bring unnecessary GB instead of max 4 mics with more velocity levels. Anyway lets wait and see, maybe it will be real good. ...
see more
378 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 06:41 PM
It seems that the biggest disadvantage to TunicOnlyPure is that it essentially only knows how to tune one type of temperament, as opposed to TuneLab and Verituner, which allows the tuner to explore many options. Having said that, TunicOnlyPure seems to be the best at tuning unis...
see more
406 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Rich GalassiniI have already given Keith my thoughts, but just to say it here - Peabody deserves a world class piano that was made in Baltimore. I have a fantasy of having this piano restored to it's historic specifications and it would be used only for very ...
see more
364 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldiAny nerve damage? I have some permanent nerve damage. C6-7 anterior fusion with plate and screws, and C5-6 foramenotomy. I have no feeling in R2 and limited feeling in R1 and R3. I also lost one of the three heads of the right triceps and I have...
see more
610 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:21 PM
Morodiene- Yes that was it - when presented with the task of sight reading a new piece first time through it was slow and it was a grade 1 piece in a children's book. After running through the page twice I had no problem. I've done a few more pages and may be getting better. As I...
see more
1,429 Views · 51 Comments
Page 4 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 6 67 68
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Curious, how often do you play on an acoustic?
by Gombessa. 06/23/17 09:25 PM
How about those spinets?
by RonTuner. 06/23/17 06:46 PM
Info re 60s era Grotrian
by Duke of Dunning. 06/23/17 06:24 PM
Student progress using acoustic or digital piano
by Duke of Dunning. 06/23/17 05:17 PM
Finally a potential solution
by Terry Michael. 06/23/17 04:27 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,416
Posts2,638,541
Members88,169
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission