Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
113 registered members (akc42, agraffe, Amedeus, accordeur, 25 invisible), 957 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
The best tip I recently learned of is a post mentioning the Taubman technique. I watched a few videos because I wondered if my piano playing was aggravating on old impact injury to my right hand pinky (5). After a weekend of extend practice time, the pinky joint would remain infl...
see more
90,830 Views · 121 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
5 hours ago
terminaldegree, thanks, that's quite what I thought too. I have just one small remark. I believe an ideal piano action is not spring loaded because springs tend to give back pressure to your fingers hence make it difficult to give proper momentum to hammers, i.e. precise velocity...
see more
514 Views · 30 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Thanks that's interesting. I must admit I didn't know most of these styles. Serge...
see more
184 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by BeemerSorry to pour cold water on your post, but all the styles you provided were performed, no doubt by a midi sequencer, without any push or pull of the timing. As a result they sounded robotic as would anyone who danced to them look. Ian They ARE rob...
see more
184 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by outoOriginally Posted by StubbieThis is the article by Ericsson et al. that was seminal in the talent/practice controversy. The Role of Deliberate Practice in the Acquisition of Expert Performance And it's a very good example of a study frequently misquoted ...
see more
1,426 Views · 53 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
I'm with Mark C on the need for balance to keep your sanity. I think that beyond a certain point, extra hours of practice can be counter-productive (major musicians say this, not just me!) Good luck with it, and please do allow yourself to breathe and live while pursuing your pa...
see more
433 Views · 8 Comments
5 hours ago
Some digital pianos have done a great job of integrating the physical keys and sounds. I think the quality of the samples can be a bit hit-or-miss. If you want to get a feel for sampled pianos, there are a few free ones worth trying out on the free sforzando player: >> Fi...
see more
339 Views · 14 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
14. SwissMS/Doris - Valses venezolanos #1 Adriana What a very interesting piece, really enjoyed! 15. Piano2138 - Menuet BWV Anh 132 Well done, very clean and expressive. 16. h8dk97 - Nocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor Such a beautiful nocturne, so impressed! 17. Anita Potter - Z...
see more
4,053 Views · 132 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by LakeviewsteveOriginally Posted by Cali SteinwayWe need Amazon to disrupt the market, but I don't see the major brands playing along. The margins are far too high for the retailers - which they have to be because they don't sell many pianos each month. If sa...
see more
5,409 Views · 126 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
I too suffer from Spinal stenosis. Last march I had an operation to remove bone from the worst of my four areas and this did relieve the pain. However now after a year I cannot sit playing for more than an hour before I must stop or suffer later. My stool is a Hidrau London ...
see more
338 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
6 hours ago
Thank you for the replies! Ed, Thank you especially for the details. I happen to have a bottle of Citrisolve at the moment, so I'll probably go with that. (I am also well supplied with paint thinner, but that's another story...) I didn't want to dissolve the actual finish on...
see more
147 Views · 5 Comments
6 hours ago
not possible because I test with external speakers and the problem is the same (hp very powerful)...
see more
1,175 Views · 25 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Sorry to pour cold water on your post, but all the styles you provided were performed, no doubt by a midi sequencer, without any push or pull of the timing. As a result they sounded robotic as would anyone who danced to them look. Ian...
see more
184 Views · 6 Comments
6 hours ago
Interesting discussion...I suppose if you wanted to eliminate the quirks of the acoustic action, you could revert back to simple spring actions with touch sensitivity. One of the troubles not mentioned already is you’re fighting 140 years of piano pedagogy that has optimized de...
see more
514 Views · 30 Comments
6 hours ago
hello, then me my kawai makes a sound of engine, suddenly I record in VST, the sound is much better and almost unlimited possibility, you can see here one of my recording in VST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwmGKHvijj0...
see more
339 Views · 14 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by TimpskieBut when I start playing, the sound of Pianoteq (and the Arturia) doesn't satisfy me. And I don't see why the pianoteq sound would be an improvement over the internal sound of my Kawai. Every piece I play sounds nicer on the Kawai internal sounds then...
see more
339 Views · 14 Comments
6 hours ago
It would be incredible if we can hear a simple short piece demonstrating the difference between the CFX Lite and the classical perspective of the full version. You could upload it using a free site such as picosong. https://picosong.com/...
see more
1,215 Views · 46 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
PianoStudent88, I found the post you were looking for, the one about math and coins. It's in the thread about "being an engineer"....
see more
1,426 Views · 53 Comments
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by peterwsOriginally Posted by Eddyaknow In my opinion this is also happening with synthesizers. Digital pianos along with acoustics will probably fade away as time goes on. They said that when home organs became popular in the 60s/70s. Some of them were massi...
see more
514 Views · 30 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
Yet more from "Improvising Blues Piano". I'm not exactly reaping the "variety" benefit from the challenge! This one is not at tempo - I forget if I recorded it at 100 or 108bpm but either way it is well short of the 120bpm suggested. However, time to move on....
see more
12,077 Views · 424 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by tbonesaysOriginally Posted by 1960 SohmerMusic is math they say... Really it's only you. I'm wondering whether, in writing this, you read my post responding to what you quoted, where I explored what math might actually be, and how that links math to music b...
see more
884 Views · 19 Comments
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by MarieJMy MIDI set-up is a simple M-Audio Uno connected to my Kawai ES110; Pianoteq 6 installed on the MacBook.. What cable do you use to connect the keyboard to the MacBook? I'm using "midi out" from the keyboard to "USB in" on my Mac. I...
see more
133 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by Gary D. But all kids, and all students, have to learn the lines and spaces on both staves. How does making it awkward help plug a gap? Haven't you worked with students who just want to play without really knowing which notes they are pressing down? For th...
see more
854 Views · 32 Comments
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by jackifusI have these headphones and really love them. I have a headphone amp, purchased because of so many online reports of its necessity. I honestly cannot tell the difference in sound quality between using the amp or not after lots of A-B testing, except ...
see more
531 Views · 9 Comments
8 hours ago
Originally Posted by toddy Overall, though, I totally agree. There is no point in building in petty constraints and features like damper weight and escapement notch feel. As Peter says, Kawai are busily designing quirks (such as weight differential) out of acoustic pianos, and a...
see more
514 Views · 30 Comments
Page 4 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 6 69 70
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
VST crackling
by dmd. 02/24/18 03:53 PM
Wednesdays with Dave Frank
by Dfrankjazz. 02/24/18 03:46 PM
What's this piece called?
by Cutestpuppie. 02/24/18 03:30 PM
Social psychology and Piano Practicing
by Candywoman. 02/24/18 03:07 PM
how is my practice
by vibavi attigala. 02/24/18 01:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,421
Posts2,698,707
Members89,673
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission