Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
46 registered members (AZNpiano, ando, bkw58, bsntn99, 13 invisible), 1,125 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 08:21 PM
It is ok, I understand the effect. Thank you all the same. What I did not understand was actually trying to play those notes or this chord without sounding it. Indeed it is possible and also reality . My mistake there and I guess this is indeed what they are after. This same eff...
see more
427 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
12/12/17 08:18 PM
Ok, then fujan maybe it then lol...
see more
302 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 08:10 PM
Yes, the first option is all around better....
see more
330 Views · 11 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
12/12/17 08:09 PM
And the best VST host for Windows woud be...? Thanks!...
see more
635 Views · 28 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 08:09 PM
Thank you everyone, great ideas so far, keep them coming! I'm getting so excited about this trip ...
see more
502 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldiI'm partial to Falkland in Fife. Magical town and historic palace. There is a music festival there. https://falklandtradfest.org.uk/about-falkland/ Some of the National Trust for Scotland properties have periodic chamber music and concerts, do the...
see more
502 Views · 16 Comments
12/12/17 08:03 PM
QuoteUnfortunately, the author states that no part of the book can be reproduced for any reason, including for teaching purposes, without express written permission of the author. That is standard publisher's copyright blurb, to remind readers that the work is not to be copied. ...
see more
11,709 Views · 147 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
12/12/17 07:59 PM
[img]http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/galleries/2696459/new-yamaha-n1.html[/img] (shouldn't there be a picture here?!) It's here! I had an NU1X at home for a short time, but it had a sensor issue and had to go back. I decided to go up a step to the N1, which has grand ...
see more
94 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by PhoenixPianosHi Squidbot, If you don’t mind venturing an hour outside of London by train (it’s one train direct from Victoria station), we’d love to have you down to our workshops and showrooms (with a spot of afternoon tea as well, of course). We’r...
see more
502 Views · 16 Comments
12/12/17 07:54 PM
Aaaand, back with an update. Despite the reported latency of 1.8ms (vs 1.5ms on the old interface) in Pianoteq, I could feel a difference in latency, so other elements in the total latency were probably higher. Also, last evening when I tried connecting the Rubix with a longer US...
see more
1,111 Views · 37 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisIn London, there's also Chappell's (http://www.chappell-bond-st.co.uk) for Bösendorfer and Yamaha, and Jaques Samuel (http://www.jspianos.com) for Fazioli and Kawai, all three within walking distance (one mile) of each other, or else jump on the bus....
see more
502 Views · 16 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 07:49 PM
Thank you very much for your answers. So, for someone who is truly used and trained to hand independance, how do I have to imagine this: When playing pieces in two parts, is it then that you are really hearing the melody lines simultaneously, or is there a focus on one hand, whil...
see more
593 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Forum
12/12/17 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by David-GIf you are interested in historic instruments you can have a fabulous day out at Hatchlands, a beautiful Georgian house in Surrey, near to London, which houses the Cobbe Collection. In London and very near to Bond Street, you might like to visit the &...
see more
502 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner
12/12/17 07:39 PM
Hum, Students who have completed the certificate program have been accepted into institutions such as: Berklee College of Music, Eastman, Longy School of Music, Manhattan School of Music, New England Conservatory, The New School of Music and NYU. For graduate study? (I doubt ...
see more
483 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by GreenerIt seems very clear what to do, if you just ignore the confusion of the term silently. They should have said softly as that is the reality. I do not see a reality of playing silently. Possibly they mean the effect achieved by playing the RH sustained a...
see more
427 Views · 25 Comments
12/12/17 07:34 PM
I've had my Fujan since May 2007 and wouldn't be without it. I think mine may have been the first in Scotland....
see more
302 Views · 12 Comments
12/12/17 07:31 PM
It may be just one or two dampers not seated properly....
see more
278 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisOriginally Posted by keystring I don't know if this is ever used in real music. I have a feeling that they put it in some student books just so students can discover this aspect of their pianos and how the strings work otherwise. This technique of ...
see more
427 Views · 25 Comments
12/12/17 07:24 PM
I assume you already know this, but just in case, Ravenscroft 275 is currently on 30% off sale from VI Labs through December 31st. And the TrueKeys bundle is on sale for 4 more hours (which includes an excellent American Steinway D too)...
see more
503 Views · 9 Comments
12/12/17 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by memtrixThat is just the dream to have a stage piano which sounds the same quality as the modeled virtual instruments. Actually technically should not be a problem with the know how of the big brands; and as the hardware (cpu/ram/ssd) is cheap, then why not? L...
see more
452 Views · 13 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moo :)i didn't understand can someone explain very simply please If you have an acoustic piano, you can start by experimenting just to experience this. For example play a C3 and hold down the note, listening to the quality of that note. Next press down th...
see more
427 Views · 25 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
12/12/17 07:14 PM
These are cheesy but enjoyable nonetheless: Rhapsody in Blue (1945) - George Gershwin bio Song to Remember (same year as above!) - highly fictionalized bio on Chopin - melodramatic - the actor portraying Professor Elsner steals the whole movie Non-cheesy entry: Seymour: An Int...
see more
513 Views · 20 Comments
12/12/17 07:10 PM
If you invest in an inexpensive four channel mixer, you'll have all the control you need ... and you'll have a four channel mixer that can be used for other uses as well. The cables you'll need whether they're 1\8" or 1\4" can be bought exactly for your needs or you c...
see more
293 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
12/12/17 07:05 PM
Hi PWF! It looks like I might be moving back to [big US city with top conservatories]. As an adult in my late 20s, I'm not too keen on going back through university and paying hysterical tuition costs again (top schools demanding $30-60K/year). I saw that some conservatories o...
see more
483 Views · 11 Comments
12/12/17 07:01 PM
@Pianoguystuart, Cool, didn’t know how noticeable the upgrade on action would be, good to know its significant. Surprised there’d be any difference with the headphones. Not surprising with the speakers given the jump from 6w x 2 to 20w x 2! If you don’t mind, overall h...
see more
618 Views · 16 Comments
Page 34 of 73 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 72 73
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
A trouble spot question
by carolinakeys. 12/16/17 12:45 AM
Happy Birthday in the style of Chopin. WOW!!
by Strat. 12/15/17 11:13 PM
4Front TruePianos - 40% off
by Max_Forte. 12/15/17 06:19 PM
Taubman technique - any thoughts?
by BobTB. 12/15/17 05:34 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,292
Posts2,679,540
Members89,273
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission