Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
49 registered (7uturu, AndersJ, augustm, Arty Movie, AndyP, AZNpiano, 13 invisible), 1577 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to learn pop piano? by rocket88 @ 04/20/17 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By RonDrotosOne effective way to begin is by learning some basic pop and rock accompaniment patterns. Pretend that you're "in the band" and someone's singing. This is a fun way to get "up and running" and then,
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
I don't think you could go wrong with either. They're both for home use. Have you played the Roland? I think you should wait until you try the new Yamaha since that is a brand new action they are releasing. Looks like you currently have the CVP-60
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Piano Technician Recommendation for Miami area? by Cindy L @ 04/20/17 12:42 PM

I am looking to buy a used piano in the Miami, FL area and would like to get some recommendations for a piano technician who could help to examine the piano. Thank you!
Jump to new posts Re: Production Grand II @96k by emenelton @ 04/20/17 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By CinjeroOriginally Posted By emenelton This is their youtube video I think it sounds really good and the different mic perspectives, especially when he mixes the hammer with the room ribbons, are excellent. https://audiosex.pro/t
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fingers Get Stuck Between Some Black Keys by SonatainfSharp @ 04/20/17 12:39 PM

Ya, my new Walter. I play about a 1/4"-1/2" into the space between the black keys while playing white keys with my right hand quite often. It's a "tight fit" between the F# and G# above middle C (but only there), and I get hung-u
Pianist Corner
I don't think this (hand exercising away from piano for pianists) has been seriously studied (or taken seriously if it has, by pianists). In many ways, with the exception of the Taubman camp, piano technique is stuck in the early 20th century. There
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic Time Tracking of Piano Practice by squidbot @ 04/20/17 12:29 PM

You mention you always have Pianoteq running, which already does the first bullet point, it continuously records all your midi output and tells you how many notes you played and for how long (see screen shot) It seems like you could make a really sim
I did try NU1 in Hong Kong before buying and I loved the touch, appearance and speaker acoustics, which added together give me more AP-feel, with one drawback is that the bass being too thin. So for me it is only playable in high volume (also to cove
Pianist Corner
My friend hurt himself doing different types of finger strengthening exercises in his martial arts class. The doctor said he'd never play the piano again. To this day he hasn't touched a piano. (He didn't play the piano before, but that's not the p
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Documenting my journey by Vaibhav @ 04/20/17 12:20 PM

New Post https://medium.com/howilearntpiano/yamaha-arius-163-9d3dbb723d6f
I have no idea about the new Yamaha, but the Roland Piano Designer App is very nice and allows a lot of sound tweaking with some nice professional presets to choose from. You can save the results from the App to the piano, but there are some quirks
Jump to new posts Re: How much can voicing do? by tend to rush @ 04/20/17 12:15 PM

How do the treble strings look? New or old? Possible the bass might have been re-strung, and the treble not. Probably hard for anyone, based on a description of the sound, to assure you that voicing could fix it.
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Best way to learn pop piano? by Nahum @ 04/20/17 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By RonDrotosOne effective way to begin is by learning some basic pop and rock accompaniment patterns. Pretend that you're "in the band" and someone's singing. This is a fun way to get "up and running" and then,
Adult Beginners Forum
I had a music background, since I played clarinet in college and got a music degree, but I never did anything with it, going back to get a computer science degree and using that to make a living. Restarted piano in 2009 at the age of 55. It had been
Jump to new posts Re: Fujan Lever by David Boyce @ 04/20/17 12:09 PM

Loren, yes, I do mean the C hammer. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Tim, thanks for the advice and for the suggestion about the BRK instead of the Watanabe tip. I don't have to lift grand lids, generally, as I tune left-handed, with the Fuja
Jump to new posts Re: How much can voicing do? by David Boyce @ 04/20/17 12:02 PM

Any piano that sounds like bells is junk! Have you ever listened to bells? I don't know why there is this clichéd simile of saying a piano has bell-like sound! Fabulous the bells, indeed, that could sound piano-like......
Jump to new posts Re: Decision for a digital piano by Jasper E. @ 04/20/17 12:01 PM

One more remark after ori0n's comment: As far as I understood, key action is a real priority. So I simply applied the general advice to look for a better keyboard instead of lots of extra features. (however some new resonance features of CN-37 could
Jump to new posts Re: Piano tuner's delight, or not by Beemer @ 04/20/17 11:51 AM

Here from today's BBC news is an update to my original post: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-39655769 I noted that fifty people claimed the hoard was theirs. A little disappointing for piano tuner Martin Backhouse who found the hid
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by zrtf90 @ 04/20/17 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88What do you mean by procedural memory?Procedural memory, also known as implicit or muscle memory is motor skills. Recall is cue based. It's stored in the basal ganglia. Take away the necessary cues and the memory go
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By BruceDOne doesn't need "strong fingers" to play the piano. One needs flexibility and dexterity. Such exercises as depicted could lead to the opposite: a lack of dexterity. Regards,
Jump to new posts Re: False beat suppressor by tend to rush @ 04/20/17 11:44 AM

I'm sorry - "flag poling"?
Hi all! I have decided to get me a new DP as birthday present to myself. I was first thinking of the LX-17 but now the CLP-685 coming in the summer. I know it is two types of DP, one modeling and one sampled. In LX-17 you can save your modifications
Jump to new posts Re: Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Artist! by Piano World @ 04/20/17 11:43 AM

Bumping this up because it's a good opportunity for the right person.
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by jfl @ 04/20/17 11:43 AM

Hi, James- FYI- I received this response from Tom: Thanks for reaching out to me. The CA/CS series' 5-year warranty clearly states that they will receive in-home warranty service. This will be the same warranty given to the NV10. Tom Love Sr. Dir
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Teaching a JW by Saranoya @ 04/20/17 11:41 AM

@ Morodiene: I meant no offense. I suspect some was taken. I apologize for that, and for not having made it clear that I have no fixed opinion on teachers who use method books or textbooks, one way or the other. I just don't see them as very useful t
Page 34 of 87 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 86 87 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Demo Songs on a Keyboard
by ManishP
04/23/17 12:18 AM
Samick (?) Knabes
by Andy W
04/22/17 09:16 PM
The Mind of the Improviser:Musical Elements, Improv Concepts
by Dfrankjazz
04/22/17 08:56 PM
Emanuel Ax in recital
by Hank M
04/22/17 06:41 PM
Would you buy a white digital piano???
by JimmyDaGreek
04/22/17 06:37 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,484 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,157 Topics
2,618,392 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission