Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Hurricane Irma & Our Piano Friends!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
116 registered members (ArtlessArt, Andy001, anotherscott, Andrei Kuznetsov, Alexsms, ando, 32 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Beakybird Maybe your perceptions are fallible. Perceptions are what we have to make evaluations upon, and from what I can see, this was a fair comparison between two piano sources, other things being equal.Why would this not be a valid assessment?...
see more
20,092 Views · 407 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
Hello, Thanks to everyone for their valuable input. I ended up purchasing a Kawai upright. I did try the U1 and I will post my experiences in the Piano Forum/My New Piano or Keyboard. Thank you. Joe...
see more
330 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by johan dOriginally Posted by bennevisIf you train your ears to 'hear' I, IV, V, vii That should be: I, IV, V vi, right? You could do either chord progression, they both sound nice; variations on common popular musical ideas. For example, if it was the basslin...
see more
178 Views · 6 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by tdwctdwcAfter testing the v6 standard demo for a week now, here are my thoughts : 1- Most of the pianos in PT sound really synthetic in the mid registers, but make up for it in the low and ultra high registers. 2- The YC5 in v6 is the most balanced piano o...
see more
20,092 Views · 407 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by peterwsIs somebody gonna tell me which comparable speakers don't hiss . . Well, exactly. They all do. Though we should be clear it is the amplifier that hisses, not the speaker. Then there is the the possibility of extra noise due to an earth loop, but that...
see more
4,220 Views · 20 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by TwoSnowflakesOriginally Posted by pianoloverusWhile it seems clear that her hands are not very large, she can reach an octave with 1-4 in her LH so can probably reach more than that with 1-5. I dunno. My teacher stretches to reach an octave but seems to att...
see more
483 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Hank MI've met Yuja a few times, and on one occasion, she put her hand up to mine to compare. Our hands were about the same size, which means that for a female, her hands are somewhat above average in size. (My own hands are not particularly large, although...
see more
483 Views · 11 Comments
5 hours ago
Is somebody gonna tell me which comparable speakers don't hiss . ....
see more
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by UnrightToonerSince C.H.A.S. isn't really about tuning a real piano, I don't think this link is really OT. Some of you will understand: Cast of Characters: Tar Baby: C.H.A.S. Fox: Alfredo Bear: Bernard Rabbit: Amanda The rest of us are in the audience...
see more
558,642 Views · 439 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
I've met Yuja a few times, and on one occasion, she put her hand up to mine to compare. Our hands were about the same size, which means that for a female, her hands are somewhat above average in size. (My own hands are not particularly large, although I can play a tenth.) Howe...
see more
483 Views · 11 Comments
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by GombessaOriginally Posted by PianoGuyStuartI would have thought that as the new Yamaha NU1X is priced at around £4000 to £4500. That is really their competition. I'm also curious to know how you came to this conclusion? Like other posters have suggested, a...
see more
29,327 Views · 330 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by bennevisIf you train your ears to 'hear' I, IV, V, vii, you can already play most songs (or rather, accompany yourself on piano or guitar). It's in the key of A major, and uses just four chords - that's right: I, IV, V, vii. In A major, they are chords A, D, ...
see more
178 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Also, depending on what you are looking for, there is musicnotes.com....
see more
101 Views · 2 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by sullivangOr Canon. Meta!...
see more
1,812 Views · 22 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by sroreillyI am astounded at the condition of the instrument given its age. The pleyel looks beautiful as well. You no longer have it? I still have the Pleyel P-190, and looking for a new owner because I can't keep all 2 wonderful instruments...
see more
409 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by hoola1/I'm not surprised when seeing the pristine condition of the piano, some people really love piano, and when having it they never have time to play it, family, work, responsibility... always push them forward, like on the bicycle, if we don't keep pedali...
see more
409 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by tinman1943 So I'm deciding to try piano the way kids try guitar--play chords and sing along. (I'm also an amateur singer and actually sing is a community chorus and church choirs.) My question is: how can I learn to "hear" the chords of a song by e...
see more
178 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
I think somewhere like Sheetmusicplus.com is what you are after. I have never used them but they claim to have a large catalogue....
see more
101 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
That is the basic "play by ear" technique. Take any simple bit of music (bassline, riff, lick) and repeat it as a chord progression (example repeat as 1/4/5). You don't need lead sheets or scores, you can "just do this". If you don't know the 1/4/5 ... "...
see more
178 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
Not sure whethere this is the right place to post it: is it possible to make the recital player take full width of the webpage and increase the font size?...
see more
5,850 Views · 179 Comments
Pianist Corner
8 hours ago
My daughter is learning violin. I have hard time to make her practice effectively and "unfortunatelly" I can hear every wrong note up to microtones. I would like to link melodies and harmonies with specific scales and chord functions faster than I do now. From what I ...
see more
272 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
9 hours ago
Originally Posted by trandinhnamanhHi everyone, The Steinway model C is rare, would you please to share your experience about this piano to me? Well, you know, you are kind of in a class by yourself. It really seems fantastic in every way. Enjoy....
see more
409 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
9 hours ago
I admit I haven't really looked into this and I don't wanna ruffle feathers about endorsement rules but is there a place on the web like the old music stores where if I want a Grateful Dead tune or the latest country hit I can get the legal sheet for a reasonable price? Download....
see more
101 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
9 hours ago
In the workshop where I did my apprenticeship, no-one played - which was a real surprise to me. In fact, playing the pianos was discouraged quite fiercely... Happily I'm not in that situation any more, so play as much as I can! I've found it's possible to regulate, tune, and ton...
see more
281 Views · 10 Comments
9 hours ago
Cheers mcoll, I did some googling. Turns out a lot of people experience this, but only when they place their ear near the tweeter. It appears to be caused by the amplifier. Some people notice it and it annoys them, some don't unless they actively look for it. Regardless, I will ...
see more
Page 3 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 59 60
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question for Blues peeps
by JayWalkingBlues. 09/22/17 12:46 PM
Audio from iPad and piano on one headphone
by J van E. 09/22/17 12:44 PM
Fall 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online
by Larry Fine. 09/22/17 12:29 PM
by Larry Fine. 09/22/17 12:28 PM
by Larry Fine. 09/22/17 12:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics181,978
Posts2,659,389
Members88,879
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission