Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
131 registered (ando, Aloyah, alexcawley, ajames, anamnesis, 36251, 31 invisible), 2189 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Gary D. @ 04/23/17 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By dogpersonRich Playing with other musicians it is not about getting their approval. It is about enjoying ensemble playing and its camaraderie, as well as the music that has been written for ensembles. It's also about getting t
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Gary D. @ 04/23/17 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By bennevisOriginally Posted By Gary D. What may eventually amaze some people are certain mistakes EVERYONE makes. If anyone is interested, I'll show you a famous Chopin piece that everyone gets wrong, and why. I don't know if thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Differences in philosophies among teachers by 8 Octaves @ 04/23/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By outoMay I ask you to explain again how you think it will show in my playing of a Scarlatti sonata or a Scriabin prelude (these are examples of things that I do play) that I did not do the kind of early scale training that you thi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by outo @ 04/23/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By Gary D.Originally Posted By zrtf90 Memorisation is not an option for a pianist, it's a requirement. It depends on what you mean by memorization, and what kind of musician you are. Yes, some amount of memorization always takes p
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: iGrand for Android by anotherscott @ 04/23/17 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By TheodorNSomeone there was always talking about some mini din cable, so I'm a bit confused. Whether you need a MIDI DIN cable depends on the keyboard you're using. Some keyboards have USB, some have MIDI DIN, some have both.
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendation for iGrand Piano - A simple 'upgrade' by anotherscott @ 04/23/17 02:08 AM

Clarifying my earlier post, re: "iGrand on Android "requires Samsung Professional Audio-compatible smartphone or tablet (or one with Android 5.0 Lollipop or later)" --- It will run on others, but low latency real time performance is on
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by anotherscott @ 04/23/17 02:02 AM

White DPs are nice for playing wedding receptions. As for a real grand piano in white... makes me think of John Lennon.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Gary D. @ 04/23/17 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By zrtf90 Memorisation is not an option for a pianist, it's a requirement. It depends on what you mean by memorization, and what kind of musician you are. Yes, some amount of memorization always takes place, even when you have a s
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by Zilthy @ 04/23/17 01:22 AM

The digital piano I got is available in two colors. Polished Ebonoy, and Polished White. I happened to get it in the Polished Ebonay. That is what the store had. If it had been white instead, I would have still snagged in up in a heartbeat. Then
Originally Posted By Dave HorneI'd like to change the piano in One Touch Piano from Stage Piano to Concert Grand and as far as I can see, that's not possible. I've tried everything I can think of. If anyone here comes up with a solution, please let
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Special Music for Church by Cavell @ 04/23/17 12:54 AM

Definitely one of the reasons I chose Widmung. Even though the text suggests that the song is a dedication to a lover, it can still be used as a dedication to a higher power in a religious sense. ...and it's just an absolutely gorgeous piece of mus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: To cheat or not to cheat by outo @ 04/23/17 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesIf you were making a living performing or you're a teacher giving a recital, I would call it cheating, and one should never cheat. If you're not a making a living on piano performance and not a teacher, how strict you w
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A new digital piano (YDP163) by earlofmar @ 04/23/17 12:44 AM

congratulations and I am looking forward to hearing it as well
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by earlofmar @ 04/23/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By WiseBuff My husband and most of my friends keep asking "WHY do you do this to yourself?" As in "why would a sane person sign up for a piano exam". it's cheaper than doing Everest
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Macsaint777 @ 04/23/17 12:26 AM

Excellent suggestion Dave! I just finished a video with ALL the sounds of the RD-2000 previewed and recording the sounds via the UBS interface out into my Mac, that made it very easy to adjust all the audio in Final Cut Pro X. I would have a terrible
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By 8 OctavesOriginally Posted By outo I don't seem to have major problems when I encounter such things in music. My only guess is that either you have a ways to go before you'll need them, or the music you choose to play do not req
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How good is a shimmed soundboard? by BDB @ 04/23/17 12:19 AM

From the ad Quote:Originally built in 1872 but rebuilt in 1997 with new strings, pins, pinblock, shimmed soundboard, new Renner hammers and shanks, new rocker wippens, new high gloss black finish. Classic Bechstein round European tonal quality. Orig
Jump to new posts Demo Songs on a Keyboard by ManishP @ 04/23/17 12:18 AM

Hi All, I have a Yamaha PSR-e353 keyboard. I was listening to right hand part of some of the demo songs that come along with it (Twinkle-Twinkle). After listening, I played the same notes. But the quality of the notes that I played was lower than th
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by Bosendorff @ 04/22/17 11:53 PM

Some decades ago, I had a rare keyboard instrument called a Mellotron, which was white. It's one of the only musical instruments I sold for the same amount I paid initially. So yes, I would buy any good white musical instrument.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How good is a shimmed soundboard? by Rich Galassini @ 04/22/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By Steve Chandler The video indicates the pin block was replaced in the rebuild. I'm just curious what makes it appear the pin block is original? Steve, Sonny only says it has "new pins". That pinblock is part of the st
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Apologize [Piano Composition] by johnbaggaley @ 04/22/17 11:40 PM

I really enjoyed that piece of music. It is very soul searching. You are off to a great start.
Piano Forum
Quote:So, it makes logical sense to me to know what makes and models professional concert pianists own at home. Besides a good "guess" this would be difficult to determine. Almost every concert pianist we have sold in the past already own
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway Model R Upright by Norbert @ 04/22/17 11:20 PM

Quote:but I have ordered a set of hammers from Ari Isaac, and hope to be able to have it restrung (and rescaled) by Phil Taylor soon. I understand the 'restringing' but not the 'rescaling' part. Perhaps time to learn something new? Norbert
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Ralphiano @ 04/22/17 11:07 PM

Wow, MossySF, that's a massive piece! Did you play it from the score, or, did you have it memorized? It seems a lot for memory, although I could see it from your attachment to the play and having seen it multiple times. In any event, well done! King
Jump to new posts Re: Sythogy Ivory Studio Grands by Frédéric L @ 04/22/17 11:01 PM

Since I am not in North America, I am not invited to "buy it now", but to "search a distributor". Mine doesn't have this product and it is clearer. EDIT: I have seen that in the North America vendor web page, the top logo is abo
Page 29 of 85 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 84 85 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How respected is Ludovico Einaudi in the piano community?
by johnjones795
Today at 01:03 PM
Would Bach like Classical, Romantic or 20th Century Music?
by dbach
Today at 01:02 PM
Is it possible to play Nocturne in C Sharp Minor in 2 years?
by johnjones795
Today at 11:57 AM
My right pinky is annoying
by DutchTea
Today at 09:58 AM
pedal extender for digital piano
by jiancheng
Today at 09:04 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,506 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,194 Topics
2,619,072 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission