Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
48 registered members (aswanson82, augustm, AWilley, Bett, 11 invisible), 1,735 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
5 hours ago
Dumb question from an acoustic piano player: Until now I have used my Roland exclusively with headphones as a silent practice option when I can't play my acoustic. I'm accompanying a singer on it at a party Thursday, and we're doing a rehearsal at my house Wednesday night. We ...
see more
59 Views · 1 Comments
5 hours ago
Can sound be played from the internal and connected external speakers at the same time?...
see more
890 Views · 37 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
It is very rewarding and beneficial to have a "piano pal". I work in a music store so i connect with emoloyees, other teachers and musicians in general. Before i had these connections i often felt alone in my passions. I would like to be a piano pal aswell....
see more
641 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
My comments on the last set of pieces. Thanks again to all the participants for making this an enjoyable and enlightening recital. 22. Tim Adrianson - Sonatina in G Minor, 1st Movement Yet another composer I’m not familiar with. Sounds like a piece written earlier than 1947 i...
see more
666 Views · 20 Comments
5 hours ago
I think $7999 is a "fair" list price... No...?...
see more
37,187 Views · 442 Comments
Piano Forum
5 hours ago
I've seen a piano with a "tack" pedal where loose strips each with a metal rivet (tack) is lowered between the hammers and the strings to give a honky tonk sound. Here is the sound of a tack piano, but with the tacks actually pinned into the hammers https://www.youtube...
see more
110 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Whizbang How about melody? Should haiku follow a scale? Whole tone? Chromatic? How about melody? Should haiku follow a scale? Whole tone? Chromatic? *** Yes. *** Expecting three lines And none of us are experts Beginners mind, all. *** To follow a sca...
see more
144 Views · 7 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Osho The news release says: "Kawai Japan is extremely proud to announce the NV10, the very first model in the new NOVUS series of hybrid digital pianos" I think one can reasonably deduce from this that there will be more NOVUS models. At the leas...
see more
890 Views · 37 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
Reminds me of small practice rooms at universities with 6'3-6.6" sizes, so it's not unheard of. Question you need to ask yourself is this piano your last? Plan on moving in the future? I was in a similar situation a few months ago. My current room is perfect for a 7'6&qu...
see more
254 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Allen, Steve Gravy Waltz - Greener Alexander, Dennis Valse triste - Lotus In Blue Astor, Miguel Adriana #1 Valses Venezolanos - Swis...
see more
2,583 Views · 48 Comments
6 hours ago
I am guessing that the NV10 is most likely the entry level. It has 7 speakers and a 135 watt sound system - with a 6.25" woofer, (4) 4" mid-range, and (2) 1/2" tweeters. Kawai's flagship digital concert grand piano (CP series, CP1) has 9 speakers and a 200 watt s...
see more
890 Views · 37 Comments
Pianist Corner
6 hours ago
Hello S'il vous plait and welcome to the forum. Twice in my life I have been taken "back to basics" by teachers, and those were the two teachers from whom I learned the very most. When I started with the first, I was so injured (tendonitis and ganglion cysts) that I c...
see more
307 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
6 hours ago
"Slow learner" was formerly a designation in public education. It indicated that a student would be likely to require more time to achieve the same level of mastery that typical learners achieved in less time. Do you believe that slow learners are not entitled to an ...
see more
1,204 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
from the description it seems to resemble the sordino pedal, a middle pedal that lifts a membrane between the hammers and strings, like some modern uprights use for a mute using felt for the barrier material. our 1895 upright has a middle pedal with that function....
see more
110 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by wrBy the way, here's the kind of thing I was thinking about when I described Mozart's childhood as weird. At one point during a tour, while in London when Wolfgang was eight years old, Leopold installed Wolfgang and Nannerl in some rooms and charged the publ...
see more
2,069 Views · 92 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
which piano gave you finer dynamic control ?...
see more
254 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Charles CohenFWIW: You're taking 2 lessons per month. Give it six months -- less than $1000. After 12 lessons, you should be showing some improvement -- better wrist action, less tension, and some improvement in technical capabilities (like how fast you ca...
see more
307 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:55 PM
Thanks everybody's replying. It’s quite normal here to have a big grand inside a small room. So I have to decide. Is "B" a more possible piano to bother my neighbor...or not?...
see more
254 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Oh my, I have that Johnny Mathis album - and don't even remember Blue Christmas being on it. I must've listened to Winter Wonderland too many times!...
see more
135 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
It seems if done correctly it’s good. I don’t see the piano as strictly a classical instrument as others aren’t. Watching Stevie Ray Vaughan beat up a strat and not miss a note proves artistic expression comes in many forms. I love Classical as well as Metal and Country. It...
see more
73 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Yup. When Apple moved from OS 9 to OS X, they were shipping machines that could boot into either OS. They were much faster when booted into 9 ("classic"). Years earlier, there was a big change from System 6 to System 7, and again, there were machines that could boot in...
see more
180 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by andoOriginally Posted by madshiCool beans. @James, can you comment on whether this is likely to be the top end, bottom end or mid range model in the NV series? Do we actually know that there will be a "series"? Maybe this will be the only Novus? I...
see more
890 Views · 37 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Hi Joe, It is quite possible that the 2014 were more played and hence brighter; if hammers are new and softer in the 2017 model I would expect slightly less clarity which was not the case, but again Fazioli prep is second to none. I heard that Fazioli is researching new soundboa...
see more
186 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
I'm guessing the professional banging to which you are probably referring is mostly, historically a negative by-product of the keyboardist never enjoying control of the PA mixer. Back at home, the only thing banging achieved for me was persistent RH tendonitis (fm practicing fa...
see more
73 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Congrats and best wishes on your return. It sounds as if you are doing great for a 6 yr break....
see more
49,882,129 Views · 7,618 Comments
Page 2 of 71 1 2 3 4 70 71
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Can I Run Roland RD700nx Through Stereo Speakers?
by ClsscLib. 10/20/17 09:19 PM
Improve your sight reading series
by Scottswald. 10/20/17 06:34 PM
Piano with a harpsichord lever?
by Upex. 10/20/17 06:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,406
Posts2,666,089
Members89,007
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission