Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
70 registered members (Beowulf, AprilE, Agent88, Anticlock, brooster, 7uturu, 18 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner
1 minute ago
When I was using paper sheet music (before I got my handy dandy tablet) I had a piece of plexiglass cut to 12 inches high and just slightly wider than the piano desk. I put a couple of bulldog clamps along the top of the plexiglass and used them if there was a breeze from the air conditioner or if I was playing something that was extra-saggy. But the 12 inch height was enough in most cases to keep the papers straight and I rarely needed to clamp them.

I originally cut a piece of cardboard to that size and was using that until my wife complained about the scrappy cardboard on a nice looking piano; then I had to get the plexiglass.
2 11 Read More
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
1 minute ago
Hello donfelipes, welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by donfelipes
I am at a crossroads. I am about to buy a digital piano and I am undecided between the two, the problem is that I can not try them because in my city they do not sell them.

That's unfortunate. May I ask where you are based, and whether you could travel to another city to play-test both instruments?

Kind regards,
James
x
3 34 Read More
Pianist Corner
3 minutes ago
I use plastic sheet holders, three-hole, available at any office supply store, and keep them in a three-ring binder.

Regards,
2 11 Read More
8 minutes ago
I wonder if they ever made/sold any of these Whaletone pianos? :
0 1 Read More
16 minutes ago
I'm by no means am an expert but after trying both the FP-30 and the ES110 I liked the FP-30's action better.

The FP-30's action was heavier, and quieter than that of the ES110. It also felt less plastic-ky and more solid to me. The ES110's action oscillates a bit longer than I like on release as well but I guess this makes it easier to play faster. While the FP-30 does occasionally suffer from quality control issues, I think it is a bit better built than the ES110 and overall Roland has better QC at this price point.

The ES110 does sound fantastic though and is a bit lighter weight wise than the FP-30.
3 34 Read More
21 minutes ago
The CLP-170 has the GH3 key action which has a lovely but heavy feel to it. If I am not wrong, it has a stronger amplifier than the Casio Privia PX-130. Along with the sliding key cover and looks of it, I'd take the CLP-170.
8 191 Read More
Pianist Corner
22 minutes ago
What do you use to keep loose sheet music from curling over or sliding off your piano desk? I've tried the clips for books, but they don't work. And the stand for books is too short to clip the top of the loose page. I've looked at something like this, but it looks more suitable for books, not individual pages.

Right now, I have to turn off my air-conditioning before I play loose pages since the slight air currents and the page goes tumbling.
2 11 Read More
Piano Forum
25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Thanks ! I am on vacation in Paris .We went a piano store and saw a few European pianos and also Kawai pianos.There were at least 2 vertical Ramau pianos and we were told by a lady they were popular .The store also contained used pianos .Some seamed like real bargains in the used piano section .

Lady Bird, have you been sipping too much wine? I missed the date and was under the impression that you were still on vacation in Paris.

All I did was give you a pointer for a nice thing to do while in Paris. I don't understand the yelling at me nor the reference to "my fancy steinways"

I hope you sleep well and wake up without a hangover, your response was uncalled for.

Learux
17 733 Read More
35 minutes ago
The Casio, provided you check out that all the keys, buttons, and speakers work properly.
8 191 Read More
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
37 minutes ago
My analysis may be too simple, but at least it has some real data. Post a better analysis if you have one.
19 679 Read More
Pianist Corner
39 minutes ago
Nicely composed and performed.

Don't think a piece like this fits into any conventional Classical music category like sonata, sonatina, suite, etc.
3 99 Read More
40 minutes ago
This sounds like a tough situation. People sometimes get too easily caught up in the technical specifications instead of the more artistic aspects of the playing experience.

I have played both actions, and think they do feel different. However, there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus here as to which is better. To be honest, neither of them feel like a high-end action, because their priorities include light weight and low cost -- there have to be sacrifices.

Is it possible to purchase both keyboards from a vendor who has a generous return policy, then spend a week with both (unpack them carefully!) and then return the one you don't like so much? I know there are some online vendors in the US who allow this, sometimes charging a "restocking fee" if the box is opened and the product unwrapped. Even if you had to pay a 10% restocking fee to do this, you would feel like you chose the best possible product for your budget.

Just a thought or two... good luck!
3 34 Read More
Piano Forum
44 minutes ago
Cleveland, Ohio, USA. Thanks.
2 21 Read More
Piano Forum
47 minutes ago
It would be helpful if you shared your location, since the pricing tends to vary quite a lot between countries and markets.
I used to own one.
2 21 Read More
Piano Forum
47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Learux
Lady Bird< I love Paris. It seems that Piano's are quite a bit cheaper over there.

If you have enough time I suggest you take this walk.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...rte_Rene_Dumont-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

If you have been in New York the highline is based on this. Old elevated train tracks that have been converted into a park.

One more link for you, it takes half a day but a great/ cheap way to see Paris with the Parisiens.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2012/07/06/paris-secret-park-in-the-sky-the-original-high-line/

The piano is a music store in Vancouver. We had a great time in Paris went Versailles, saw the Mona Lisa ,the paintings of Van Gogh ,the impressionist paintings ,climbed the towers of Notre Dame etc .The thing I do not do is make unfortunate people a curiosity .There were plenty of refugees and other kinds of sad people in Paris .I also have been to Paris a number of times .So now LEARUX you can go back to your fancy Steinways !

The whole point of what I was saying is that I find it very strange that a well respected Canadian piano that gave many families joy should end up as a weird kind of Gothic caricature stencil piano . I am interested in the whole social aspects of the piano and piano playing .Selling it in a Canadian music store is even more weird!
17 733 Read More
53 minutes ago
Thanks Mac. Hopefully the mods can also clean up these off-topic strawpoll thread postings as well (including this one).
1,369 3,111,972 Read More
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
Anyone have experience with these pianos and know the average fair price for this piano new? I played it and found the sound somewhat light and thin but pleasant in a way. The action is wonderful. Curious what people were paying for these new? Thanks.
2 21 Read More
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
1 hour ago
BDB, a pianist needs to be able to play many notes per second. If the inertia of the action does not allow fast enough key response combined with a feedback feel of resultant hammer speed that is nearly instantaneous, control and repetition are severely impacted. Also, when playing softly; the arm/hand must be held up so the fingers alone are providing the key speed. Thus two sets of muscles are acting in antagonism. The speed with which muscles can be relaxed is always slower than the rate they can be compressed. For forte playing the arm/hand weight is applied into the keys via the finger strike so the lifting muscles can be mostly relaxed.

Most pianos take too much restraint to play evenly and controllable slow/soft and they begin to hurt the hand when played vigorously because the inertia is too high and the static weight is too low. These same actions cannot be played fast and light.

Your analysis is too simple.
19 679 Read More
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
No I am not looking for a cheap piano as I have just bought a Sauter 130 .Also I did not go to Paris on the cheap .LEARUX it surprises me .,what kind of mind makes fun of poverty !!!
You answer that not me !
17 733 Read More
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
My new AA cost $33k. That was admittedly a steal. But it suggests you might be able to get even a new A for less than the one you're considering. Try a newer model M&A, as it sounds like their actions are different from the 2001 model you are considering. Mine is quite responsive and nice to play. If you try a newer model, you might then be able to decide if it's worth paying more for a Steinway B.
14 311 Read More
1 hour ago
Hello friends, I tell you that I am using a translator, first of all.

I am at a crossroads. I am about to buy a digital piano and I am undecided between the two, the problem is that I can not try them because in my city they do not sell them.

It is assumed that the Roland has a 3-sensor system and escape leak system (which supposedly allows repeated notes to be executed more quickly) which should make it much more realistic than the kawai es110 which only has 2 sensors and little possibility of play notes repeatedly and quickly (I understand, if I'm wrong, tell me), but I'm not so sure about it, since many people say that the kawai, despite having some flaws in the separation of keys and that when playing the keys, the action sounds a lot (not the piano but the key), is a digital piano much better.

I read the following about the FP-30

I quote what I read in another forum:

* the sensors are placed in an odd position, making the action somewhat un-piano-like. I'll explain below ...

If you tap a key on an acoustic piano, you will hear a short staccato note. The key itself may have only gone down 25% of the way, but the hammer had enough momentum to swing all the way up and hit the string. This is where the PHA-4 falls short. The sensors are not attached to the hammers, rather directly to the keys, which means that even if the hammer swings all the way up, the note will not sound unless you also follow through and press the key down at least 80% of the way.

I did not realize at first why sometimes I would play a passage and a random note would not sound. After taking apart the keyboard and looking closely at the action's sensor placement, it all made sense.

After reading that, I was more confused.

Which key action do you consider most realistic? The truth is I am very anxious to buy some but I do not want to be wrong and regret.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Here is the link: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2613892/Re:_KEY_ACTIONS_comparisson:_R.html
3 34 Read More
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Learux
Lady Bird< I love Paris. It seems that Piano's are quite a bit cheaper over there.

If you have enough time I suggest you take this walk.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...rte_Rene_Dumont-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

If you have been in New York the highline is based on this. Old elevated train tracks that have been converted into a park.

One more link for you, it takes half a day but a great/ cheap way to see Paris with the Parisiens.

https://www.messynessychic.com/2012/07/06/paris-secret-park-in-the-sky-the-original-high-line/

The piano is a music store in Vancouver. We had a great time in Paris went Versailles, saw the Mona Lisa ,the paintings of Van Gogh ,the impressionist paintings ,climbed the towers of Notre Dame etc .The thing I do not do is make unfortunate people a curiosity .There were plenty of refugees and other kinds of sad people in Paris .I also have been to Paris a number of times .So now LEARUX you can go back to your fancy Steinways !
17 733 Read More
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Yesterday I went into a music store and there was what looked like a 19th century Heintzman upright piano. It had what looked like a Gothic pattern on the upper front panel .When lifting the keyboard cover , a section opened ,I think behind the music desk .

Sorry went and posted before I finished !
When I played the piano it produced a strange tinny sound and sounded almost like an old piano .The colour of this piano was a strange mauve brown.
Heintzman was a well known Canadian piano. This Victorian style piano was a new stencil piano .Its action was OK I could even play with a teeny bit of expression. It would do very well at a childrens Halloween party .Canadian Halloween is at the end of the month .
By the way I am BACK in Vancouver. SORRY to SPOIL your your JOKE LEARUX .
17 733 Read More
2 hours ago
I saw a post below about Chocolate Audio pianos. So what about Sound Magic pianos? This is a company known for its free VST, Piano One, and there are many other types of paid pianos. (Imperial Grand, Thor, Ruby Piano, Rose Piano, etc)

However, besides the demo they uploaded to the SoundCloud, there are so few reviews and videos from other users, so it is difficult to know the quality of the piano.
Have you ever used their pianos anyone? Is it worth paying?
0 52 Read More
EVENTS! Piano Concerts, Recitals, Competitions, and Workshops
2 hours ago
We are pleased to welcome Alex Kerstan from the Steingraeber & Sohne Factory - Bayreuth, Germany, to our showroom this Wednesday evening, October 24th.
All are welcome to listen to a presentation on the Steingraeber piano production and historical legacy of the Steingraeber brand.
Doors open at 6pm and the evening will conclude 8-8:30pm.
181 King Rd.
Richmond Hill, ON L4E 2W1

Please rsvp so we can accommodate all in attendance.
0 10 Read More
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 72 73
(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Whaletone
by Tyrone Slothrop. 10/23/18 12:36 AM
What do you use to hold loose sheet music up?
by Tyrone Slothrop. 10/23/18 12:22 AM
Bechstein A190
by Bingo55. 10/22/18 11:32 PM
Key Action Roland FP-30 vs Kawai es110
by donfelipes. 10/22/18 10:57 PM
Sound Magic's pianos
by angmyu. 10/22/18 10:28 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,941
Posts2,754,814
Members91,316
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission