Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
49 registered members (AZ_Astro, BachToTheFuture, AndyP, Bambers, beeboss, 8 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
3 minutes ago
I've been playing a Kawai CS10 for about a year. My teacher really wanted me to get a "real" piano, so I got a 1929 Steinway "L" for a very decent price. It was refurbished in 1998 with bigger pins, new strings etc. I LOVE it!! However , the action is quite a ...
see more
FAQ - Piano Forum
14 minutes ago
The oldest posts seem to officially get going around 2001. But there are posts dating back to 1969! That’s probably an error from the beginning setup. If you go directly to any forum you’ll see all pages, back through time, listed at the top and bottom. When I’m bored I li...
see more
26 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by NelsthepianoplayerWhen I play piano I turn my Phonacs down as far as I can...which seems to me to be equal to taking them off. Otherwise the music is too loud and too tinny. I have needed aids for 5 or more years now. When I first got my "new to me&qu...
see more
1,308 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by malkinOriginally Posted by harpsichorder...I really wonder if these devices mess with what's left of your "normal" hearing. In any case, there seems to be a re-adjustment period after turning them off, so I try to give myself time to adjust... Yes ...
see more
1,308 Views · 24 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
1 hour ago
That's pretty hard, I currently only have a very very old plastic keyboard with a bad non-weighted action. Maybe I'll buy something decent but cheap to hold me over until CS9/12 arrive....
see more
20,680 Views · 301 Comments
1 hour ago
Okay, I guess you'll just have to practice waiting then ...
see more
1 hour ago
There's no confusion, just the overall sentiment that the majority of users here would really like to buy CS9/12 instead of CA78/98 *now*, not 15 months from now. Currently we have the choice between "old tech but pretty" and "new tech but not as pretty", and ...
see more
1 hour ago
As I understand it: The CS series is just the CA series with a superior design. The CA series is just the same as the CS models, but made for people, who don't want to pay a premium just for the looks. And there's always a few months gap until the according CS models are released...
see more
1 hour ago
You mean the keybed range is not continuous? Goes up from 40 but skips 48? Yes, this looks like Italian engineering... Probably another thing they didn't think through, just like the leaking batteries. And 3 different NoteOn messages? Well, maybe there is some logic to it. Is ...
see more
74,094 Views · 122 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
1 hour ago
Bill, You are so kind to offer further information and advice. I do use my ETD to tune all 88 and this is something I might well reconsider. One thing I have always had doubt about is the accuracy and wisdom of including C1 as the first inharmonicity measurement. This is be...
see more
263 Views · 10 Comments
2 hours ago
If this forum could be representative, there are much more people with CA-series compared to CS. I think this is understandable, taking in mind the premium price of the CS-instruments and only a supposedly (slightly) better advantage in the speaker configuration and/or amplifier ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by MorodieneOriginally Posted by PotleaHello everyone, I'm working on Scarlatti Sonata B minor k 27 for my ATCL exam. I have 2 editions, one is digital download from Classical which shows smooth pedalling from m. 11. The other is Urtext Orpheus edition in a boo...
see more
383 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by huaidongxiNahum, just posted a question on the digital/synths/keyboards forum to see if any traditional Indian instruments are available on digital keyboard menus. since you work with 'world musiks' you might know what's available. dankon Today in each soli...
see more
1,125 Views · 28 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
What I didn't mention in my original post: the collapsing gets worse with the little finger on a black key. At the moment I'm trying to do the following things: - practice slowly - align my arm with my little finger when it is time for it to play (= playing with a very mobile ...
see more
389 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
I agree 100% with Joe. Grotrian Steinweg are top notch pianos. There was a line of Challen pianos made for WRCC schools. The cases were in light oak. Those were excellent pianos....
see more
400 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by outoOriginally Posted by Gary D.Originally Posted by outoOriginally Posted by Gary D.No one hates "classical" music. People hate what they think classical music is. I may not hate "classical" music but I definitely do hate much of the clas...
see more
2,691 Views · 64 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Haven`t played this for a few years.. yesterday i decided to record it and see how it sounds on the Bechstein haha Hope you`ll find it entertaining Best wishes! https://youtu.be/8fKPTQXD0J0...
see more
7 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
3 hours ago
If I pay somebody in cash, I would expect it to be counted, and wouldn't find that remotely offensive. I might find it a bit peculiar if the person I was paying meticulously examined each note for genuineness, but a quick count-up to check for mistakes seems perfectly reasonable....
see more
58 Views · 2 Comments
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by madshiWell, for me CA is pretty much the same as CS, just a different (nicer but more expensive) cabinet. So it's not "uphill" in my book, more "sideways". But I see what you mean. I think most of us here would prefer for CA + CS to be up...
see more
3 hours ago
My Casio AP-650 has Er Hu, Yang Qin, Zheng, Pi Pa, Di Zi, Xiao, Sheng, Sitar, Tanpura, Harmonium, Santur, Shanai, Kanun, Oud and Ney sounds, among a whole lot of others. (I have no idea what most of those instruments actually are, though I have briefly tried them to see what the...
see more
69 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
Mahler...
see more
137 Views · 4 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by jdottI had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand a few weeks ago, and highly recommend it. The pain/tingling/numbness went away immediately, and the surgery was painless. How is your dexterity and piano-playing ability?...
see more
1,697 Views · 19 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by BeemerBill, "If you get the octave close with electronic tuning, you can fine adjust by ear so that the rapid beats match with those above it. It will give the smaller piano a beautiful and harmonious sound" Thanks for the advice, which I will tr...
see more
263 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
VERY impressive, David - and such fun, too, in the Shinn arrangement! And that MP11SE is sounding pretty durn nice!!...
see more
35,931 Views · 203 Comments
4 hours ago
There are Android and iOS apps for Tabla and Tanpura sounds. I personally own iShala on Android - but there are similar programs available on iOS as well. Tabla and Tanpura sounds in these apps are intended to be used as accompaniment for the singer/instrument player who is perfo...
see more
69 Views · 2 Comments
Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 63 64
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha CLP-685 brief impressions
by Osho. 11/21/17 01:02 AM
Counting clients' cash
by Candywoman. 11/21/17 01:01 AM
non western instruments in the menu ?
by huaidongxi. 11/21/17 12:48 AM
Least happy composer
by pianoloverus. 11/20/17 06:59 PM
Check out this performance of Kapustin's Op. 40, No. 3!
by project.mainstream. 11/20/17 05:19 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,863
Posts2,673,238
Members89,166
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission