Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
48 registered members (Agent88, anotherscott, AprilE, 15 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Here's what happens when key leads are BADLY oxidised..... ...
see more
158 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jake Jackson Ando, I do understand that it didn't work on your guitar. I think you heard my "Well,.." in the wrong way. I wasn't saying that you were wrong. I was only trying to say that, in the second video, I do hear a difference that I like. It ...
see more
613 Views · 15 Comments
Yesterday at 10:20 AM
Well, lead oxide isn't nice stuff - quite toxic for the body. But I think your ingestion while playing will be nil. I don't think it will aerosolize really. Oxidising of key leads is a problem mechanically in older pianos, but if it was a real health hazard, I think we would h...
see more
158 Views · 4 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 10:17 AM
Thank you Karvala! There is no place here locally to try these headphones so I take reviews by people here on the forum seriously to guide my purchase decisions....
see more
3,957 Views · 85 Comments
Yesterday at 10:03 AM
Bechstein Digital Blog Lots of bugfixes and optimisations. Also at the bottom of that page, in the last bulletin point, they announced a “Digital Grand Essentials” library, but didn't provide any more information on it....
see more
281 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
Both locations would be great. I am not very good but would love to attend....
see more
221 Views · 6 Comments
Yesterday at 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Gene NelsonOriginally Posted by rXdOriginally Posted by Gene NelsonOriginally Posted by BDB[quote=David Boyce]QuoteThat’s why the Miss Universe competition is a fix. All the winners so far have been from planet earth. Or so they say..... I just tuned for...
see more
770 Views · 24 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:44 AM
Patrick, this is great news. I plan to come with Mr Casinitaly, and we are fine with either location. We've already been to Nuremburg (as you know! ) and loved it, we'd be happy to go back, no problem. On the other hand, the Rhine location looks absolutely spectuacular and we'...
see more
221 Views · 6 Comments
Yesterday at 09:43 AM
http://www.euroconcert.fr/piano-num...Hz7L81gIVhBobCh1wvgnqEAAYASAAEgJEsvD_BwE In France, Euroconcert say : "kawai se lance à son tour dans le piano hybride et lance un modèle novus nv 10 somptueux ! doté d'une véritable mécanique de piano à queue, d'un clavier en b...
see more
36,548 Views · 424 Comments
Yesterday at 09:42 AM
You can get a good idea if you like the Native Instruments route by getting Kontakt Player as a free download https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5-player/ Then download the free Factory Selection (same link), which contains 50 instruments as...
see more
401 Views · 9 Comments
Yesterday at 09:04 AM
So I played the CLP-685 yesterday and was very impressed. I currently have a 20 year old Yamaha CLP (I forget the model number) so I was impressed to hear the difference in quality. Especially in the keyboard action. But since I never use the external speakers I was wondering if ...
see more
39,511 Views · 332 Comments
Yesterday at 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by Joe GarfieldI still have to take my Senn 650s off my ears to confirm I actually have them plugged into my CS11. The sound is great and so open that it seems like the sound is coming from the room. Yes! That there is exactly why I love Sennheiser headphones....
see more
Yesterday at 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Doug M. What I can't believe is that they didn't listen to all the reviews saying that people preferred the headband foam on the HD600's than the HD650s. The HD660S still has the same 2 foam sections instead of the 4 in the HD600 (much more comfortable). Ag...
see more
Yesterday at 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by EpeeSo I'm curious, can you tell the difference between the Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone, vs 650, vs 600, playing a DP? Thanks! Yes, I certainly can. I've only tested the HD700 a couple of times with a DP, and I liked them the least out of the three; a sli...
see more
Yesterday at 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by slickvguy My question for those who have used both on a DP: Do the HD650's have a clearer low end vs the HD598's? Those muddy lows are a dealbreaker for me. That's the (in)famous Sennheiser "veil" you can hear right there. I'm a big fan of Sennhe...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:27 AM
Tim and Ellen, thanks very much for your kind comments. Tim, you are a very attentive listener and knowledgeable commentator. Concerning "Por una cabeza", there are 2 different recordings on Youtube. I tried to imitate the original RCA recording from 1935 by Gardel hims...
see more
602 Views · 19 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:54 AM
I would strongly prefer St. Goar because of its beautiful surroundings. A hall at a piano academy for 45 EUR sounds fine. I also liked your first proposal (hotel Rheinfels)....
see more
221 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:54 AM
In my experience, those who memorize easily are usually the weakest readers. They use their memory to upload the notes as soon as possible, so they don't have to keep looking at the book. They are also the ones who stare at their hands the whole time, lest the keys will get up an...
see more
1,747 Views · 54 Comments
Yesterday at 07:45 AM
I still have to take my Senn 650s off my ears to confirm I actually have them plugged into my CS11. The sound is great and so open that it seems like the sound is coming from the room....
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Iaroslav Vasiliev On the other hand, when you tell someone with thick fingers to miss notes it's like telling, "yes, you can play, but you will forever be second-grade pianist." I think it's very discouraging. And there is really no reason to do i...
see more
526 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:33 AM
I love these annual European Piano Parties. They are such fun! You can count me in for either location. I love the Rhine area, and Sankt Goar is in the heart of the most beautiful part of it, next to the Loreley. The Rhine flows through a steep gorge in this area with castles do...
see more
221 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by Gary D. You call such students "serious"? REALLY? Sure, there are some kids who like music but who are just slow, and I work with them. If they like me, if they like music, and if they keep coming, I don't turn them away. But are you telling me...
see more
1,061 Views · 20 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 06:26 AM
The question is fair: these 2 chords, as written, drop out of style - sound more jazzy. The problem, however, is in wrong printed notes in melody; Clapton sings " Way-ting By Your Side " on G# -- E-E F#- E E-- . In other version: G#-- G- EE E-- BTW , in second mea...
see more
329 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:15 AM
jjjkay: The Adult Beginners' Forum is a more appropriate forum for your post, but here is my reply which I have also posted in the ABF: Originally Posted by jjjkayI've been lurking here a while but finally decided to post. I am originally a guitarist who a few years ago decided...
see more
231 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by AZNpianoOriginally Posted by Iaroslav Vasiliev But I highly recommend against dropping off notes, I think it is the worst idea. You'd rather twist and turn the hands to fit all the notes??? You're asking for an injury. Even when you curl the fingers inwardly...
see more
526 Views · 17 Comments
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
What is a Focusrite Scarlett used for...?
by Pologuy. 10/20/17 12:42 AM
Good books on classical music and composers
by carolinakeys. 10/20/17 12:30 AM
Climate in London
by David-G. 10/19/17 07:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,383
Posts2,665,764
Members88,990
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission