Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
72 registered (bennevis, barbaram, AndyP, 36251, bogbrush, Almaviva, 16 invisible), 1662 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding Help by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By mrsmannHi- I'm playing for a wedding in a few days. The bride wants Canon in D for both the bridesmaid entrance and her entrance. She wants some sort of transition/interlude to separate the 2 processionals. Can anyone help me com
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parents who don't read emails, etc. by keystring @ Yesterday at 02:49 PM

There are some things I didn't read. I didn't read whether this child practices regularly, and if she advances as expected due to good practice (not just regular). I didn't read whether she is attentive in lessons. I didn't read whether her recital
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Whole step-Half step scale fingering by Tango @ Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Hello all.I am having a terrible time working out the fingering for the whole step-half step scale in the following keys:E,F,F#,G,Ab,A,Bb,B.Could some one please give me the fingering?Do any of you have a copy of this scale with fingering that you co
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about repertoire (amateur level) by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene One doesn't need to play hot cross buns to appeal to audiences. I guess we disagree about the money thing. My personals standards don't change for whether I do something for free or pay, and I don't accept jobs that wo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought GHS piano by Monica K. @ Yesterday at 02:42 PM

Hi Oreki, I'm guessing that if you practice regularly you'll be back here in a month saying you have gotten used to your new piano action and like it a lot.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Pianos in cartoons? by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

Here's the whole T&J with a live performance of the piano part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iResPN9z9U0 .... even wearing cat ears.... ;-)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading by SwissMS @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Paul Harris - "Improve Your Sightreading!" is an excellent, graded series of books from grade - through grade 8. It not only has pieces, but also information on how to approach a piece - rhythm practice, determining key, etc. I highly recom
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parents who don't read emails, etc. by MomOfBeginners @ Yesterday at 02:34 PM

On the subject of emails: In my company, I have discovered that if I send an email to senior manager and above, only the first three sentences of my email will be read. Half the time, they are reading my email on a small screen on their phone. On
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Contract? by malkin @ Yesterday at 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By CutestpuppieIs this new or normal? I agree to sign her contract for this and that basically if I skip a lesson without couple day notice I will have to pay for that lesson that I have skipped. Is this wrong? I understand why she
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Which hand do I use by Sol Finker @ Yesterday at 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By 8 Octaves It's wise to abandon Hanon. They are should never be done unsupervised.... Also, they mainly help trills when correctly applied, and depending on what your goals are, may be completely irrelevant. Here're the Little
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 by blackjack1777 @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

Hello everyone, I am long over due for an update. I feel bad about not posting my progress over the last couple of months considering how frequently I used to post. I've enjoyed catching up on all of the updates from mom3gram, birdgolf, xyzzyFL, a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading by Whizbang @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By markojanksobSo the last few days I've been trying to play some hymns, but it has been embarrassingly hard for me and I got so frustrated I felt the urge to destroy my piano. I think that even hymns are too hard for me. So my ques
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Some thoughts about repertoire (amateur level) by bennevis @ Yesterday at 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By hreichgottOriginally Posted By bennevisno-one gave her a second glance the only tip in the bowl was what our little group put in, more out of sympathy than anything else.Clearly, she didn't know her audience, and wasn't playing
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Trill Exercises? by MomOfBeginners @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

This post is not helpful, but it's at least on topic. Back when personal computers were first coming into households, there was a game on the IBM PC called Decathlon. One part of the game involved pretending that you're a sprinter by alternately pr
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Any audient id14/22 audio interface users ? by Alexander Borro @ Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Hello, I am in the process of trying to upgrade my setup a bit to use with my software pianos and DAW stuffs. I have 2 sets of monitors, I have an audio interface and a setup now where I can use all four monitors, suffice it to say it is a bit cum
Adult Beginners Forum
Another thing to do is to record yourself and play it back. You'll notice a lot that you were too busy to notice while you were playing.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 02:16 PM

If you're going to play with singers in church, it may be better -- and a lot easier -- not to be on top of them with every note. Let them carry the melody, just do the chords. There are typically not more than half a dozen chords in a hymn, once
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Baby Grand, Opinions Welcome by upbeat @ Yesterday at 02:12 PM

Hi, I'm starting my journey into buying my first acoustic. I finally have the space for it since I no longer live in the city. I'm well aware this is going to be a long process, but I can be as patient as needed in order to make a smart purchase tha
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Wedding Help by mrsmann @ Yesterday at 02:08 PM

This is helpful, thanks. I'll play around with this. I like your second suggestion.
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By KeystringThe one thing I know is that as we play we grow, and we will hear, see, and experience things we cannot yet see and hear - but if you never get feedback, your only point of reference is yourself - it can create a loop.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CP33 velocity curve for Pianoteq? by Charles Cohen @ Yesterday at 01:52 PM

I have a Casio PX-350, so my velocity curve will be be different from yours. But here's how I made mine (the details are a bit fuzzy, it was several years ago): 1. Using the Pianoteq "Calibration" function, find out: . . . how lightly y
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steps to beginner sight reading by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By dogpersonNo, sight-reading is not the ultimate goal. .. +1. Sight reading is an oddball skill that most of us rarely need. The ultimate goal is to play well rehearsed music, either from memory or with the assistance of the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Just bought GHS piano by Oreki @ Yesterday at 01:44 PM

Thank you for your feedback Im a fast learner overall. I will start taking lessons as soon as I finish my last exams at school. Just two more months You are right about the keys. I used term GHS because its more known term.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Trill Exercises? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By mbpress01Maybe this would help but not for trills but more for strengthening 3,4,5. I do this every day 10 - 15 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXqdBKSSFo Thanks a lot!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Recommended Trill Exercises? by mbpress01 @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Maybe this would help but not for trills but more for strengthening 3,4,5. I do this every day 10 - 15 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXqdBKSSFo
Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Exercises to practice swing/groove?
by GoldmanT
Today at 05:54 AM
Thoughts on Boosey and Hawkes
by Evaldas
Today at 04:39 AM
How to Move Piano With Ivory Keys Overseas?
by Lucas G
Today at 04:11 AM
Can't focus on piano music sheet
by AquaralSS
Today at 04:05 AM
Piano bar made me do a piano recording tutorial!
by slpianoproject
Today at 12:40 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,167 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,648 Topics
2,610,832 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission