Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
105 registered members (AlanB, AndyP, 36251, alfredo capurso, accordeur, 30 invisible), 2,149 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by VaibhavAre there any online resources available to learn these? Thevery first step is to look here: P.S. There are some geographical differences about the period: in Western theory, the period usually consists of two phrases; In Russian theory - from tw...
see more
351 Views · 9 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by malkinOriginally Posted by outo 1. There¨s a difference between hard and impossible to master.Some skills or rather abilities just cannot be learned "well enough" by everyone, What is well enough is of course a matter of definition. 2. Sometimes ...
see more
2,116 Views · 69 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Nordomus I just want to say that you are wrong here about Roland. It is actually hybrid keyboard containing both plastic and wood elements. Also there is escapement "simulation" like on most higher tier digital pianos. There's a bit of controversy...
see more
1,345 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
6 hours ago
Perhaps this is a gross oversimplification but I though the Blues Scale was a simple pattern. Tonic - 3 half steps - 2 half steps - 1 half step - 1 half step - 3 half steps - 2 half steps....
see more
393 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by SMA55Originally Posted by Gene NelsonKiller octave is a common term that describes it. However, don't give up on it so easy and don't discount the potential of a properly voiced hammer and regulated action. I have serviced pianos with similar issue and it was...
see more
359 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
Good job on the whole project, lbonini1! I was hoping that you might be able to sweat that project down to a more affordable price, considering that it was a small fraction of what moving a grand from one building to another, across town, involves. I was the know-nothing I was ...
see more
513 Views · 21 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by MorodieneOuto: I appreciate that you are trying to bring awareness of these issues, but we aren't talking about mastery of anything here. All I've said is improvement, and same with malkin, whereas you seem to want to focus on mastering things. Maybe that's y...
see more
2,116 Views · 69 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Alan Shore 1. Touch/feel: Roland LX-17: feels and plays like a digital piano, nowhere near clp-685 and/or cs11 (no counterweight could be felt, no escapement action, mediocre key quality (full plastic), did not respond well at all to fast, repetitive notes li...
see more
1,345 Views · 11 Comments
6 hours ago
And now we have a new member of the G.A.S. club. A new GASketeer! Welcome, friend. And hide your wallet! ...
see more
864 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
I've emailed Alfred regarding Alfred annotated editions. That's my last stop. If no luck I'll stick with the Henle At the piano which does have good fingering. Thanks for the feedback and information. Mark...
see more
481 Views · 13 Comments
6 hours ago
I'm not sure this is true ...Originally Posted by peterwsA bit of a disappointment really to find out that, for £3-4k you only get the same sound thro' headphones as a model costing under half as much. CyberGene said:QuoteCA67 will be exactly the same as CS11 through headphones....
see more
263 Views · 9 Comments
6 hours ago
Perhaps my only gripe with AcousticSamples C7, is it doesn't go down there, to ppp. I admit I haven't played much with it's velocity curve, so I can't rule out that it handles soft playing adequately. Even if it doesn't, it's still great for a lot of music. The ability to play so...
see more
864 Views · 13 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Miguel ReyCould also be that this piano was in someone else home and voiced as such. Nice thought, but that does not appear to be the case here. This piano was a rental piano as part of Steinway's C&A program, and was never before sold to a private cust...
see more
359 Views · 26 Comments
6 hours ago
I'll add this Along with the killer octave nickname there is another: diamonds in the rough. They both say a lot....
see more
359 Views · 26 Comments
6 hours ago
How is the action on these pianos? Not interested in the built in sound. Was thinking of using it with a VST....
see more
39 Views · 0 Comments
6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Gene NelsonKiller octave is a common term that describes it. However, don't give up on it so easy and don't discount the potential of a properly voiced hammer and regulated action. I have serviced pianos with similar issue and it was not a dead soundboard or ...
see more
359 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
6 hours ago
A few additions, added a video for Reflections. Will wait to put something on YouTube. For now, I'll forget it for a little while and come back to it. For whatever reason, this helps me to learn it better. Fascination is a fun piece from Alfred's. The Top? Well, it's a silly etud...
see more
75,419 Views · 929 Comments
6 hours ago
Could also be that this piano was in someone else home and voiced as such....
see more
359 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
6 hours ago
As said earlier fingering is an art form and I often hear many times that one needs to work out the fingering for oneself, but I would caution many if not most to avoid doing this unless you are very advanced. I'm assuming the OP is not since he's asking for these types of edit...
see more
481 Views · 13 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
7 hours ago
Oh yes, I enjoyed it very much, congratulations for a performance sparkling with plenty of colors and agogic refinement! Also the dramatic sections never make the piano "yell", you have a very cultured approach to your instrument, that's great! Maybe the slow opening co...
see more
87 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
7 hours ago
Originally Posted by lbonini1I did end up finding him the movers for around 75 dollars which isn't bad at all. Congratulations! $75 certainly seems more reasonable to move the piano, already broken-down and taken apart, one or two rooms over (25 feet?). Plus, your elderly frien...
see more
513 Views · 21 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
Continuing with rubato and dynamics This is a follow-up on my post from last week, when I first explored the use of dynamics and rubato in two pieces by Gurlitt. I was very enthusiastic, resulting in an overload of rubato throughout the pieces. Keystring very eloquently compared...
see more
4,406 Views · 113 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
7 hours ago
Are there any online resources available to learn these?...
see more
351 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
7 hours ago
Lol, I guess it is a bit odd that I'd be posting for a friend when I could tell them to make an account and post it themselves but that friend happens to be in his 60s and isn't very tech savvy but I digress. I did end up finding him the movers for around 75 dollars which isn't ...
see more
513 Views · 21 Comments
7 hours ago
I really do not care if I get looked down on, as long as I can practice well that will do the speaking for me. My concern was that I might not be getting the best tuning as it is not viewed as worth the time. But you do raise the valid point that it might not even be worth the ti...
see more
445 Views · 12 Comments
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
For Gould geeks.....
by bennevis. 06/25/17 04:56 PM
What pieces to play next?
by Erin Xu. 06/25/17 03:44 PM
Six Emperors
by BruceD. 06/25/17 02:12 PM
KAWAI MP7: RHODES features???
by Nor. 06/25/17 01:09 PM
Question about playing scales
by ybtangq. 06/25/17 12:41 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,449
Posts2,638,973
Members88,180
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission