Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
56 registered members (Beemer, Chris Leslie, Corvus, AZNpiano, 9 invisible), 1,725 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
see more
974 Views · 23 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Rich GalassiniWhile we are making recommendations, I highly recommend the piano at http://thebunkerstudio.com/. Love the wood look in their Studio A live room for piano. Wow ! http://thebunkerstudio.com/studio-a/#...
see more
789 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 06:30 PM
1896 Blüthner with square legs, on left....
see more
10 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Rich GalassiniWhile we are making recommendations, I highly recommend the piano at http://thebunkerstudio.com/. It is a rebuilt Steinway C, thankfully NOT done at the factory. It is quite a sweet piano, Joe. Good call Rich. The recordings I have heard of ...
see more
789 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:29 PM
A passage like this is a good opportunity to work on 'tone.' Spend some time without pedal at all, and capture each chord's 'voice,' independently of the rhythm. Also, try to develop you're ear for trochaic rhythm, and avoid only hearing the iambs....
see more
72 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 06:28 PM
Fortunately, I have a retirement income from teaching, so that wasn't as much of issue as the fact I love to tune and missed it! Pain was manageable without the drug the surgeon prescribed. It had 37 potential side effects, including death! Benjamin Franklin's wisdom comes to m...
see more
140 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Hi Sypher, I have been taking piano lessons for just over a year. I recently went on a two week business trip with no access to a piano. I was worried about missing so much practice time, but it worked out just fine. When I got home and sat down at my piano, I just took my time a...
see more
371 Views · 9 Comments
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
I tune EBVT 6:3 and 4:1 using TuneLab. I'm generally happy with the result, but curious about beating I hear in bass octaves. If stretch sounds right for my ears why should I perceive octave beating? Ian...
see more
101 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:14 PM
for those of you who use android tablet, can you tell me which program is the best sheet music reader? preferably one which has "crop" feature like in forscore. ...
see more
1,125 Views · 22 Comments
Yesterday at 06:11 PM
HI David, I hope all your pain has now gone. We have all done things that at the time do not appear dangerous but can result in months if not years if pain. I say this after a self inflicted spine injury, severe long term pain and a subsequent operation. Tuning took a back s...
see more
140 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
If you have mice in the house they are coming in somewhere. They can be a health hazard. You should extinguish their lives ASAP, and find where they are coming in and stop it up with steel wool or some other blockage. As far as the piano goes, mice will not inhabit a piano that...
see more
292 Views · 10 Comments
Yesterday at 06:05 PM
I've hesitated to post this but am doing it on the chance that if only one person benefits from it, it would be worth it. I carry 16 pounds of tools in a nice case I bought a few years ago. I carried it with the case at my side with the shoulder strap over my head on the opposit...
see more
140 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Keith D KermanFWIW, I bought a zoom video recorder about 5 years ago and the compression was so great that it was unusable for classical piano playing that needed to show actual expression. I don't know if they have dramatically improved that with the newer ...
see more
1,914 Views · 47 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by SMA55Originally Posted by DiarmuidD I haven’t used a Zoom recorder but if the default settings use high levels of dynamic compression then it would need to be altered for a discerning user/listener. To the best of my knowledge, Zoom devices do NOT use any k...
see more
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Need help with tackling these parts of the sonata....
see more
3 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by MarkarianOriginally Posted by Miguel ReySticky Mats These are extremely inhumane, please do not use them. Will not go well for either you or the intruding rodent. I fully agree. I did a sticky trap once and I regret it muchly. We've used live traps wi...
see more
292 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by DiarmuidD I haven’t used a Zoom recorder but if the default settings use high levels of dynamic compression then it would need to be altered for a discerning user/listener. To the best of my knowledge, Zoom devices do NOT use any kind of compression that is...
see more
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
Well, at any rate, if you decide to rebush and repin and can get your hands on some of the pre-cut, rolled pins used in Steinway Teflon actions, that should eliminate any exposure to any copper alloy as they are sealed with the nickel plating. Might lengthen the time till you nee...
see more
588 Views · 14 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:48 PM
If there are Jazz Standards, then there must be Jazz Substandards. Others? The Great American Songbook The Lesser American Songbook The Great Masters The Average Apprentices Standard Repertoire Obscure Outliers Pop Music Fizz Music...
see more
190 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
Hi guys, So I'm currently working on Schubert's Sonata in A Minor, D784, movement one, and I'm not sure how to tackle the part at around measure 27 and measure 127(I believe, unless i counted incorrectly, in which case I apologize in advance), with the dotted chords. Any suggest...
see more
72 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.GagaThanks. The impro is not so cool but hey, it was just an impulse. :-) I wanted to have the sound of the brand new piano. The piano is chosen for the hall. The hall is bassy, very wet and it eats the sound. So the piano is extremely strong sounding an...
see more
1,125 Views · 20 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 05:44 PM
Actually Kawaius site has retail prices up for the new CA78 and CA98 models....
see more
19,826 Views · 277 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 05:43 PM
I don't own a CP4. I sold my CP5 privately and bought a Roland RD2000. I played the CP4 and thought the action was a little on the light side. I always preferred the action of the CP300 (and CP250). I don't like the placement of the headphone jack on the CP4. Yamaha placed i...
see more
242 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:26 PM
28. fishandchips - Morning Prayer Very nicely performed. Thanks for sharing it with us. 29. Ganddalf - Impromptu Op.90 no.4 Wow! That was very impressive. I very much enjoyed your performance. Schubert is among my favorite composers, too. And some of his Impromptus are right th...
see more
2,108 Views · 98 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
While we are making recommendations, I highly recommend the piano at http://thebunkerstudio.com/. It is a rebuilt Steinway C, thankfully NOT done at the factory. It is quite a sweet piano, Joe....
see more
789 Views · 17 Comments
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Minimum Tuning Pin Torque
by Weiyan. 11/19/17 11:47 PM
What are the best pins?
by cordoba. 11/19/17 06:50 PM
Can't load MP3 files on Kawai ES8
by David Macob. 11/19/17 03:34 PM
Digital Piano Recommendations
by One Fish Two Fish. 11/19/17 01:58 PM
Should I hear beating with my stretch?
by Beemer. 11/19/17 01:16 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,847
Posts2,673,016
Members89,164
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission