Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
116 registered (alphonsus, Almaviva, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, 7uturu, 28 invisible), 2314 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Exam Group by earlofmar @ Today at 03:32 AM

I signed up today for the AMEB grade 5 exam, to be held in my area 28th Oct - 4th November. No pressure then
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by sullivang @ Today at 03:14 AM

Ok. IF there isn't some added V-Piano stuff in the RD-2000 which the FP90 does NOT have, I'll have the opinion that Roland is being deceptive. I can easily accept that there will be some commonality between the two though. Greg.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Macsaint777 @ Today at 02:48 AM

Greg, no comparison of the two in the video. I've just listened to/watched every RD-2000 video and every FP-90 video I was able to find online, and the sounds they are using that are termed "new pianos" in both of these keyboards, sound muc
Jump to new posts Re: Casio PRIVIA buzz "glitch" [solved!] by FrankCox @ Today at 02:33 AM

I had something similar happen a few months back.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by AJB @ Today at 02:32 AM

By and large I think it is a mistake to compare pianos by brand, where both brands are respectable as is here the case with Schimmel and M&H. You can only tell if it is a real upgrade as a musical instrument by playing it, listening to it carefu
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by daniokeeper @ Today at 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By GadzarJoe, With Verituner it's really easy to exactly match the piano's iH to have a very nice A3A4 octave. You simply choose one of the 3 built in tuning styles: Average, Clean or Expanded for medium, small or large pianos res
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Post-exam Blues by AZNpiano @ Today at 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By hello my name isVery interesting.... Did you know ahead of time that they were going to skip and what their reasoning was for it? Pretty bogus reasons. All but one were polite enough to let me know well ahead of time.
Jump to new posts Re: Digital or real piano? by Charles Cohen @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By oscar1I've recently got Casio PX-860 and the "grand piano" on 80% volume sounds from few meters away remarkably like a decent acoustic upright. I'm glad you like it! And it's right at the $1,000 point, now. I may ha
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by Gadzar @ Today at 01:48 AM

Joe, With Verituner it's really easy to exactly match the piano's iH to have a very nice A3A4 octave. You simply choose one of the 3 built in tuning styles: Average, Clean or Expanded for medium, small or large pianos respectively and use the stret
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Saddest Piece Ever? by SiFi @ Today at 01:46 AM

Beethoven Op 10 No. 3, 2nd Mov. For some reason I couldn't post this on member recordings. Anyway, might be a better subject for discussion here. What piano song is more sad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3kqEP0kwr4&feature=youtu.be
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_CI guess all I know is that the usual use is wrong. Does that get partial credit? Yes sir! I loved that you picked up earlier on the "gainsay" thing, which, by the way, you got completely right!!!
Jump to new posts Re: VSTs and DAWs by Zilthy @ Today at 01:04 AM

You are most welcome. Recording is actually a pretty big world, but take it in steps and it's not too bad. But, it is as much as an art form as actually playing is itself. One thing I have learned over the years though, is recording actually helpe
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by sullivang @ Today at 12:37 AM

Macsaint: Thanks for the video link. I've started to watch the video(s). So far, it's just the FP90, and the sound isn't even direct - it's a mic on the internal speakers. I assumed from your comment that the video would contain some kind of comparis
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Macsaint777 @ Today at 12:21 AM

Thanks Jay! I didn't mean that the sounds were the same, but that the source of the sounds was likely the same. You would know more than me however, so thanks for the clarification!
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Service Manual by rysowers @ Today at 12:09 AM

I have copies of a few old service manuals from Kimball, Baldwin, and a couple of others. They all tend to have similar information Like Joe says: what are you looking for? Regulation specs? If so you are really better off experimenting with a few sa
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long does it usually take to learn a piece? by pianofan1017 @ Today at 12:05 AM

I took ABRSM grade 6 exam last year and it took me one whole year to prepare for the whole thing. Not just the pieces, you also need to prepare for the scale, sight reading and aural part of the exam.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Your Experiences with Playing for Seniors? by jotur @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Wow, I hadn't thought of that wrinkle. It does seem to me that a couple of years ago there was a TB or whooping cough or something scare, but I haven't run in to the background checks and medical stuff. I can understand the concern when the residents
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by JayGVan @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By Macsaint777After watching this video, it seems pretty clear that the "piano engine'' in the FP-90 is basically identical to the V-Piano engine in the RD-2000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvv4NUaGJw. The famous Stephen
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long does it usually take to learn a piece? by Richrf @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Hi, This video may help you understand the time commitment. Early in the video she says that children usually have 4 years of total study while adults may be able to do it with 2 years of total study. I would guess this would be with about 7 hours o
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Macsaint777 @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

After watching this video, it seems pretty clear that the "piano engine'' in the FP-90 is basically identical to the V-Piano engine in the RD-2000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHvv4NUaGJw. The famous Stephen Fortner! Though the DAC is lik
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good news and terrible news by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Sorry for your loss, Sara. I had cats as a kid, but for whatever reason, I became allergic to them later in life. They are nice pets.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Post-exam Blues by Candywoman @ Yesterday at 11:18 PM

To the student, a test is very important. They have to have events and highlights in their lives. It's stressful, and now they want a rest. You could time your recital right after the exams. Did you still get paid for the lessons they didn't attend
Jump to new posts Re: VSTs and DAWs by Dommie @ Yesterday at 11:13 PM

Morodiene and Zilthy, Wow! That was some really good information on MIDI, DAWs, and VSTs. Thank you both for taking the time to go into so much detail. I'm glad that I asked these questions. It shows me that I am probably getting ahead of myself. W
Jump to new posts Re: Digital or real piano? by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

I've recently got Casio PX-860 and the "grand piano" on 80% volume sounds from few meters away remarkably like a decent acoustic upright.
Adult Beginners Forum
Birdgolf - if you haven't already discovered her, search 'tinymotzarts' on YouTube. She demonstrates many of the Alfred's songs also.
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saddest Piece Ever?
by SiFi
03/23/17 01:46 AM
How long does it usually take to learn a piece?
by Cutestpuppie
03/22/17 10:45 PM
Help me decide
by TSuppa
03/22/17 09:15 PM
Ivory keys expert advice needed
by Jorge Andrade
03/22/17 08:06 PM
Good news and terrible news
by sara elizabeth
03/22/17 06:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,091 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,506 Topics
2,609,087 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission