Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
114 registered (accordeur, bennevis, Beakybird, Almaviva, 25 invisible), 2393 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why use a professional piano mover? by BruceD @ Today at 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By PhilipInChinaWhy is that link so huge? ... because you should have done this: Link! Regards,
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Fingering for whole-half and half-whole tone scales by symphonicdance @ Today at 11:46 AM

May be RH using 2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1 ?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chopin Op 10 No 3 by BruceD @ Today at 11:45 AM

Henle has an F-sharp; Novello (ed. Frank Merrick) has an F-sharp, but Cortot has an F-double-sharp. For reasons that I can no longer account for (but must have consulted with my teacher when I was working on this Etude), I have written in F-double-sh
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: CHOPPED Yamaha P-115 79-Key Keyboard by paxel @ Today at 11:41 AM

Great work! (I'm looking too for a low cost 73/76 weighted keyboard, but it does not exist..)
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Least favorite Chopin work by genre by pianoloverus @ Today at 11:38 AM

Here's a chance for all you secret Chopin haters to speak out! Please tell us your least favorite Chopin work by genre. You don't have to strongly dislike your choice but perhaps find it relatively weak or just not to your personal taste compared to
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Ralphiano @ Today at 11:36 AM

If any of you has visited Mozart's grave recently and noticed him missing, it's because he has been a my place kicking my butt for the last two weeks. This little Menuetto has the most counter-intuitive fingering I have seen to date, and I found no w
Jump to new posts CHOPPED Yamaha P-115 79-Key Keyboard by lucianogminetti @ Today at 11:35 AM

Hello to All! I am excited to share with you my personally modified Yamaha P-115 Keyboard! I shortened the keyboard from 88 keys down to 79 keys, which made the overall length 10 inches shorter. My goal was to take off as few keys as possible from
Long time lurker (Ok: Leacher), first time poster. So, I am on the verge of buying my first digital Piano. Not an expert pianist by any means but yes, know how the grand ones feel. Have spend the last 9 days completely in researching, reading and re
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by QuinGold @ Today at 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By ScottswaldI've been looking at all the books mentioned and looked into them all I also found your post about the fur Elise book back on page 13 quingold. The books have a lot of pages, what kind of spines have they got? Are they
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by Retsacnal @ Today at 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By huaidongxihad no idea the Frankischer pommes frites had been adopted by their eastern neighbors. Indeed! Language is ironically fun that way.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: piano is tiresome by peterws @ Today at 11:11 AM

I always get tired playing new stuff; it seems to take forever to get past the first three bars. After that, the rest seems easy-ish. But I do sweat a lot after practice. It is hard on the brain which of course, is a muscle! I relax not at the pia
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
Jump to new posts Re: Bulgaria 2017 by PhilipInChina @ Today at 11:10 AM

I know it well. I shall dance to it. It is the one that goes 10 bars and then stops dead? As I type this the tuner is working on the last of the pianos. They will all be tuned a day or two before the actual party.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why use a professional piano mover? by PhilipInChina @ Today at 11:06 AM

That is the picture, but I heard that Steinway lent them a D and they used that. You might be correct.
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by brooster @ Today at 11:06 AM

I would like to see some of the V-Piano owners comments on the RD-2000's "V-Pianos".
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Question on Chopin Op 10 No 3 by pianoloverus @ Today at 11:00 AM

In terms of alternate versions of this piece does anyone know something about the rather startling changes from the usual harmonies that Mei-Ting Sun plays in this performance between around 1:47 and 1:59? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdxzuI35M58
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Original Piano Composition by Kaa Sound @ Today at 10:59 AM

Hy guy, I'm a french producer. I have created this piece and would like some advice or point of view about the composition. all the work and melodies are homemade. Thanks for your return. Light Sails
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Post-exam Blues by malkin @ Today at 10:55 AM

Originally Posted By AZNpiano... I'm suspecting it's all that high stakes testing at school, and the schools throw this party after the test to bribe the students. I remember my middle school threw us an ice cream social after one of those state test
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Saddest Piece Ever? by XenondiFluoride @ Today at 10:54 AM

If we are going non piano then perhaps the devil's trill sonata? there is a lot of despair. Back to piano, Alkan's L'Enfer from his Grand Duo Concertant in F sharp minor. it is both beautiful but also incredibly depressing, as it really captures the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Anita Potter @ Today at 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By fishandchipsWhen you hit 40 pieces, you can take the rest of the year off. YES! Hahahahaha! Originally Posted By fishandchipsThe tempo for La Premiere Valse sounds good to me. La Bouquetière Valse seems like it should be
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Squeaking sustain pedal? by XenondiFluoride @ Today at 10:48 AM

I had a squeaky pedal in my upright, and sometimes it would make a loud bang. I oiled and cleaned all the metal joints in the pedal area inside, but the noise persisted. I could not easily track down the location of the noise as it reverberated very
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Sahhan @ Today at 10:47 AM

Macsaint777. Good stuff! Well done! I do not doubt that you would make some changes in the piano editor to enliven the one of the RD2000 piano tones discovering the "soul" which was mentioned in some previous post and what usually is inhere
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by ChatNoir @ Today at 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By XenondiFluorideBitte, keine Passive! Nur Gestern haben wir eine deutsch prufung ueber es. Es war sehr schwer un jetzt sind mein noten im die Mull... Probably bad grammar. Nooooorbeeeert!!!!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by XenondiFluoride @ Today at 10:40 AM

Also really interesting thread. If I ever make it to Norway I would certainly stop there.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by XenondiFluoride @ Today at 10:40 AM

Bitte, keine Passive! Nur Gestern haben wir eine deutsch prufung ueber es. Es war sehr schwer un jetzt sind mein noten im die Mull... Probably bad grammar.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why Bach (or baroque music)? by David Farley @ Today at 10:37 AM

Many of the well-known composers of the classical and romantic era were admirers of Bach and even made a name for themselves early on by performing his works (Beethoven in particular). So it's not wrong to say Bach's music deeply influenced what came
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Improv with shreds and patches...
by piano_primo_1
03/25/17 02:37 PM
Kawai Es8 connecting to JBL LSR 305
by Mike1593
03/25/17 12:46 PM
Least favorite Chopin work by genre
by pianoloverus
03/25/17 11:38 AM
CHOPPED Yamaha P-115 79-Key Keyboard
by lucianogminetti
03/25/17 11:35 AM
Does Casio AP650 make sense with such a discount?
by Jakez
03/25/17 11:34 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,111 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,556 Topics
2,609,738 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission