Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
69 registered (bennevis, augustm, apassionata, bSharp(C)yclist, Bambers, 20 invisible), 1533 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by Austin B @ 04/26/17 02:39 PM

Let me try to put a picture in here
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts AW Ladd Square Grand Piano by kgodfrey31 @ 04/26/17 02:39 PM

Hi all, Just seeing if any one knows how to read the serial number for an AW Ladd square grand. It's marked 782 with no other markings. I'm trying to find the approximate age and value for my aunt for an estate. Thanks!!
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: DGX-230, I couldn't say no... by TheodorN @ 04/26/17 02:38 PM

No reason to let an opportunity like this pass, a DGX-230 for the price of one dinner for two at a restaurant. I had the EZ220, the Yamaha with the key lights, and it got me started. A toy, but a fun inexpensive toy. I've often felt it would be nice
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Piano by Rickster @ 04/26/17 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By Sam KeilyI am looking at buying a Kimball 1939 petite baby grand that has not been tuned in 17 years and was wondering what it would take to get it in tune. A tuning hammer, a couple of sting-mutes, an A440 tuning fork, and a goo
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by outo @ 04/26/17 02:34 PM

I cannot stand duets either. And I do have some cognitive abnormalities (which are indetectable in normal circumstances and people find it very hard to believe). So maybe it really is intolerable for her. Also I too have to sometimes ask my teacher t
Pianist Corner
I think jazz is classical music, and the great pianist composers, like Mozart, Beethoven, and Liszt were all jazz artists. They could improvise with the best of them. The only thing that has changed is the individual bag of tricks that they had in th
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Whizbang B-b-but Joplin studied classically... Yes, so did Cole Porter and James P. Johnson, and lots more. The theory is the same, so composers can get it either way. But the question was about performance. I'd say th
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Kimball Piano by Sam Keily @ 04/26/17 02:19 PM

I am looking at buying a Kimball 1939 petite baby grand that has not been tuned in 17 years and was wondering what it would take to get it in tune.
Pianist Corner
Hi As someone who has studied many types of Piano playing (classical, blues, Jazz and Rock) I've certainly found benefits from all the areas of study. Yet, maybe if all the hundreds, if not thousands of hours I've spent practising blues and boogie-
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by Austin B @ 04/26/17 02:09 PM

Probably should have mentioned somewhere this is DIY
Pianist Corner
I am convinced that Hans Zimmer copied ideas from Bach. There are plenty of classical music ideas you can pull up from various composers of the past. Any improvisor could learn plenty from Chopin, for example. It's like when someone asks me, "
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
"Please do not glissando." I wonder why? Is that just a particularly annoying sound to the store owner?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand piano on tile/croncete floor by PianoWorksATL @ 04/26/17 02:03 PM

Tile has too many potentially weak spots, too many crevices for casters. The cups will distribute the weight, but they don't make great sliders. *Hire movers. Using plywood (not chipboard) wouldn't be bad for that. Thin plywood would not compress
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Piano WorldIt is important for a good pianist to play classical Music? [...] The assumption here is the pianist is not focusing on classical music, in fact it was posted in a Ragtime forum B-b-but Joplin studied classically..
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by David Boyce @ 04/26/17 02:01 PM

Depending on what it is, sanding it off might turn out to be a mammoth task!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My right pinky is annoying by JohnSprung @ 04/26/17 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene Actually, it's an indication of tension, and unaddressed will cause problems in the future, possibly damage. +1. This has to be the OP's top priority.
Adult Beginners Forum
I've not used it, but taking a look it appears to be pretty thorough, and Hal Leonard books tend to be well-organized as this seems to be. Certainly I wouldn't recommend it for someone who doesn't have a good foundation in theory and technique alrea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sohmer Upright question by BruceD @ 04/26/17 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By BWAKI have a Sohmer Upright Serial #221097 45S that I am interested in selling. Can someone help me with an approximate value? As someone else posted, condition is critical, and there is no way to determine the condition and,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Challenging songs for 2 years experienced pianist by sara elizabeth @ 04/26/17 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By Cutestpuppie Are you doing exams or playing Piano for fun? Did you read the sheet for all movements or did you learn them by memory? I do not see this as an either-or question. It is a false dichotomy. One can play for fun an
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by UnrightTooner @ 04/26/17 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By Mark CerisanoBe nice! I did. They called me back after a week. Couldn't find any one. Nobody else here is all that nice. Why should he be any different? That wasn't very nice!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rebuild Project - Possible? by JohnSprung @ 04/26/17 01:51 PM

The big problem with learning from your mistakes on this is that some really big important mistakes (soundboard for instance) will happen months or even years before a DIY beginner will get the piano to the point where you can hear their effect.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by David Boyce @ 04/26/17 01:51 PM

Quote:Let's be pragmatic. Pragmatic is good.....
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai K-500 vs K-600 / 800 by PianoWorksATL @ 04/26/17 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeOriginally Posted By Almaviva In what markets would tall uprights be unpopular? Why would they be unpopular? Much of the US, according to the new piano sales stats that get published regularly in the Music Trades
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by sinophilia @ 04/26/17 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By 8 OctavesWhat is the music in the picture frame? It's Bach's 5th Brandenburg Concerto, main violin part.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by UnrightTooner @ 04/26/17 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By BDB... (In real life, the strength factors will not be constants; they will change with time for each individual frequency, at least in pianos. This is one of the many reasons that all of this is approximate. This is also probab
Page 24 of 30 < 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 29 30 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Music Theme Scarves

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
So, what does it really take?
by PianogrlNW
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Does Not Belong?
by Zilthy
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
Art Deco Kimball!
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
Playing Piano drunk?
by Cutestpuppie
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
90 year old Steinway M or new Hailun HG-161?
by 12rabidbadgers
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,253 Topics
2,619,976 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission